shape
carat
color
clarity

Old European Cut diamond ring patinum antique

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aabreu

Rough_Rock
Here is a ring I am thinking about buying for a lucky lady. Found on EBAY. see pictures. The auction ended with no bids and the seller is holding it for me before re-listing it. ($5200.)

Any gals out there want to help my gal get a nice ring?

Here is what the vendor claims the ring is:

CENTER STONE:
CLARITY: VVS 1-2,
COLOR: F,
CUT: OLD EUROPEAN CUT ROUND,
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.10 - 1.15 CARAT...

THE SIDE DIAMONDS ARE DESCRIBED:
CLARITY: VS1 (ONE SMALL DIAMOND IS CHIPPED, BUT NOT VISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE),
COLOR: G,
CUT: OLD SINGLE CUT ROUND,
CARAT WEIGHT: 1/3 CARAT...

The vendor has a good return policy and I have purchased from them before... so far so good.

If I were to have to sell it...I wonder what this ring is worth?

Thanks
Andre

1123711354416_MVC_006F.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do they have a lab report for the centre stone? For VVS they should... some sellers would even stop at VS1 without paper because it is difficult to guess further. And then, if the stone was graded in-house and set, the grades cannot be expected to be accurate. OEC are usually a bit less than modern cut rounds, but then, for both the quality of the cut (another unknown) makes a difference. With the little I know, 5k sounds right - if the F/VVS holds.

Perhaps the price is right for what the stone is - there is just no way to know.

I might be dead wrong with this, but 'antique' means 1930's in this case and there are similar rings to be found. Unless the work is great and carries value by itself, the age may not. If I am not too many miles from truth, then the price of the ring is virtually the price of the center diamond to which the above apply.

I hope you do not mind my saying these... I am no expert and you might want to ask one
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results