color
clarity

Old Cut Lovers...... please sign in!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HeartingDiamonds said:
Here ya go....

Sorry that I couldn't get any decent macros of the stones - photographing one's own ears is not an easy job!

Hi Grace,
Your earrings are just gorgeous! They are truly my dream earrings!
Wear them in health and happiness!

Best,
Melissa

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HeartingDiamonds said:
Here ya go....

Sorry that I couldn't get any decent macros of the stones - photographing one's own ears is not an easy job!

They're stunners!! if you ever put them up for sale I imagine they'll last five minutes - maybe - :love:

ludmila.k

Shiny_Rock
HeartingDiamonds said:
Here ya go....

This is wonderfull!!!! :love: :love: :love: Love your earrings, really gorgeous :appl: :appl:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
thought I'd add my new tranny here :tongue:

sold to me as an I coloured 0.54ct S12 - I found it interesting to compare it to my BGD 0.3ct round J stud and my 1.59ct omc M ering

not sure if I will use it in a pendant or keep it to just look at... it has a carbon black spot in the table but otherwise is very neat and clean

I can really see the difference in the colour from the J studs in just about every light... maybe it is even higher than an I??

getting this one pretty much has helped me decide that L/M/N stones are my favorite - it's very pretty but I prefer the rainbows I see from my omc for sure!!

trannyomc3.jpg

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
solo snap...

tranneee2.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
so pretty Heli, I love the Hermes photo..

I really enjoyed playing with my transitional when it was loose, and put it into a solitaire pendant too..

Was this an ebay find?

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
:wavey:

hey there AJ!!

yes - picked this baby up from ebay - with the thought to start collecting a few of these for a 3 stone ring of some sort for my right hand

however I think I will just look at him for now - as I really enjoy wearing the 3 stone ring I have already... and he's too small for my size 8 finger to set in a ring solo... so a pendant is looking to be the likely option

I wear lots of antiqued silver vintage medallions, semi precious stone seals and deco lockets etc on layered chains - so maybe I can bezel this little sucker on pop him next to one of those

:wink2:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
heliotrope said:
I wear lots of antiqued silver vintage medallions, semi precious stone seals and deco lockets etc on layered chains - so maybe I can bezel this little sucker on pop him next to one of those

:wink2:

Love your new stone heliotrope! Have you posted your silver vintage medallions/seals/lockets? I'd love to see how you wear them. Love layered necklaces. Start a thread maybe? :naughty: Any cool fobs? I think bezeling this dude to wear with your chains sounds really lovely.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
:wavey:

Hey Coati!!

I have thought about doing a little thread on them all - but was not really sure where it would belong...??

will have a play with the camera over the weekend and post a few pics :wink2:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You could post them in the jewelry forum, this forum, or the show me forum-it's up to you! :)) I'm looking forward to seeing your pieces!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I have this ring on the way. According to the dealer it's a 1.32ct J-K vs1 OMC. I probably won't have it until the first week in December or so since I'll be out of town through the last week in November.

kiz-omc1.jpg

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: hey there Coati!! so sorry - I was whisked away to HK for a while for work

boy!! do they have some honkers there or what!! every time I go I am blown away

I spied a 8.91 GIA cert rb that made we wonder what the heck anyone would do with something so huge (aside from lock it up!!)

lots of bright yellow diamonds this time too... I guess the Tiffany look is having an effect

the lights they use in those stores make the stones catch your eyes from the other side of the footpath - I almost tripped over a few times!!

not as lush in my eyes as our old cuts - but fun to look at all the sparklies any how ;))

will post in the jewellery forum I think... hope to do so over the weekend

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
Kismet|1289938441|2768788 said:
I have this ring on the way. According to the dealer it's a 1.32ct J-K vs1 OMC. I probably won't have it until the first week in December or so since I'll be out of town through the last week in November.

kiz-omc1.jpg

oooh!! Kismet!!

:love: :love: :love:

please promise you will post more pics of your new beauty once you return

:bigsmile:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kismet|1289938441|2768788 said:
Love this chunkster! Great stone!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
heliotrope|1289938641|2768797 said:
:wavey: hey there Coati!! so sorry - I was whisked away to HK for a while for work

boy!! do they have some honkers there or what!! every time I go I am blown away

I spied a 8.91 GIA cert rb that made we wonder what the heck anyone would do with something so huge (aside from lock it up!!)

lots of bright yellow diamonds this time too... I guess the Tiffany look is having an effect

the lights they use in those stores make the stones catch your eyes from the other side of the footpath - I almost tripped over a few times!!

not as lush in my eyes as our old cuts - but fun to look at all the sparklies any how ;))
will post in the jewellery forum I think... hope to do so over the weekend

ooo sounds like you had fun in HK! Can't wait to see your pictures heliotrope!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finally took my own pics of my .58 tranny oval. It faces up fairly small (5.5 x 4.8ish IIRC) and I'm thinking of going bezel set (perhaps with a double milgrain "halo" like Hest88's sisters's Asscher or one or two pendants I've seen lately and some bezel set baguettes - one parallel and one perpendicular on each side. What do you guys think?

IMG%20380aa.jpg
IMG%20375a.jpg
IMG%20380a.jpg
IMG%20378a.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely do the double miligrain halo! :love:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sarahbear!

I have another ring to contribute. Five stone, .97 ct. OEC ring; it started life in a rosy gold colour 5 stone setting, but I was so won over by a 2 ct. 5 stone WF band I wore while I was in NYC, I decided to beef up the finger coverage by bezel setting the diamonds.

IMG%20716a.jpg
IMG%20615a.jpg
IMG%20618a.jpg
IMG%20686a.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous- can I see a picture of the shank? Who did the ring setting? Beautiful addition to your collection LTP.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, did something either terribly stupid or terribly brilliant. Put a bid in on a 1.8ct, N color OEC. :errrr:
I couldn't help myself, it was love at first sight!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1293066063|2804219 said:
OK, did something either terribly stupid or terribly brilliant. Put a bid in on a 1.8ct, N color OEC. :errrr:
I couldn't help myself, it was love at first sight!
Brilliant move! (Especially since I'm not bidding on it ;-) )

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha davi, such an enabler!
But really, how could I walk away from this beauty?

DSC01639.JPG

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

swooon!!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, makingthegrade - it's gorgeous!! Fingers crossed!

I am joining this forum because I have finally bought something that belongs here! Frustratingly, I purchased these off eBay 3 days before going overseas for 2 1/2 months, and they are sitting at home waiting for my return in mid-January.

They were sold to me as 1.80tcw J/SI "old miner" studs. They look like OECs to my very novice eye - any thoughts? I think (and am hoping) that the colour is a bit lower than J. Seller told me that there was some minor girdle chip but that the stones would have to be louped for it to be visible. Current setting is 14ct rose gold.

Haven't decided what to do with these yet but will reset them in WG or plat at some stage - tossing up between 3 prong martinis (less likely), 6 prong martinis (more likely) and milgrain bezels (also quite a possibility). Any suggestions? I also toyed with the idea of making a 3 stone ring with one of them (I'd have to find matched sidestones though :???:) and a pendant with the other... thoughts are welcome!

These are the vendor's pics, obviously - I will post my own once I meet them in the flesh :) I had them shipped to my MIL and her extremely technical and specific comments when she opened the box for me on Skype were, "They're HUGE! And really SPARKLY!" :lol:

1.80OldMinerStuds2.JPG

1.80OldMinerStuds6.JPG

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
LaurenThePartier|1291592946|2788281 said:
Thanks, Sarahbear!

I have another ring to contribute. Five stone, .97 ct. OEC ring; it started life in a rosy gold colour 5 stone setting, but I was so won over by a 2 ct. 5 stone WF band I wore while I was in NYC, I decided to beef up the finger coverage by bezel setting the diamonds.

Love this Lauren! Love your oval too-can't wait to see it set!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
pancake|1293201990|2805383 said:
Wow, makingthegrade - it's gorgeous!! Fingers crossed!

I am joining this forum because I have finally bought something that belongs here! Frustratingly, I purchased these off eBay 3 days before going overseas for 2 1/2 months, and they are sitting at home waiting for my return in mid-January.

They were sold to me as 1.80tcw J/SI "old miner" studs. They look like OECs to my very novice eye - any thoughts? I think (and am hoping) that the colour is a bit lower than J. Seller told me that there was some minor girdle chip but that the stones would have to be louped for it to be visible. Current setting is 14ct rose gold.

Haven't decided what to do with these yet but will reset them in WG or plat at some stage - tossing up between 3 prong martinis (less likely), 6 prong martinis (more likely) and milgrain bezels (also quite a possibility). Any suggestions? I also toyed with the idea of making a 3 stone ring with one of them (I'd have to find matched sidestones though :???:) and a pendant with the other... thoughts are welcome!

These are the vendor's pics, obviously - I will post my own once I meet them in the flesh :) I had them shipped to my MIL and her extremely technical and specific comments when she opened the box for me on Skype were, "They're HUGE! And really SPARKLY!" :lol:

Beautiful stones! I'd call them old European cuts. They look warmer than J color. 8 prong studs could be really lovely, and I always love the idea of millegrain bezel studs. A bezel 3 stone could be gorgeous as well-so many possibilities! Do you have another pair of studs?
Can't wait to see more pics of these. They are gorgeous.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
MakingTheGrade|1293167446|2805254 said:
Haha davi, such an enabler!
But really, how could I walk away from this beauty?
Gorgeous stone! Did you win? :naughty:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pancake, those are gorgeous! Coati and Heliotrope, your rings are TDF! I wish I had fallen in love with these vintage beauties before replacing my ering a few months ago! Just for kicks, what do you all think of these stones? Supposedly (I say that because I'm such a novice) OEC's, J color, VS2 clarity(despite a couple of nicks around the edges), 1.90 ctw...asking $2500....

1.90%20tcw.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alas, I did not win.
It's for the best though, I already have 3 projects in the works that I still need to fund, lol.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Coati and Yenny! I am really excited about seeing the stones too. I am hoping for a really creamy warm colour, I am quite tanned so I think the warmth would be great! Re the settings, I am actually worried that a bezel or an 8 prong setting might make them TOO big? Do I get kicked off PS for saying that? :| Which is why I was thinking that a 6 prong might be nice, as it would give me a bit more "roundness" than a 3 or 4 prong, whilst also not adding so much diameter to the eye...I don't know! At the moment I wear 7-8mm black pearl studs and that size is fine but I am worried that the blinginess of the diamonds will make them look too loud? Stupid, I know!

Re the 3 stone ring possibility, I really love the idea but groan at the idea of having to find two matching sidestones. The studs themselves are too big to use as sidestones (my RH ringfinger is a 5) so I'd definitely have to find smaller ones. Part of me is a bit torn too, because I don't have any other diamond studs and I wonder if I might like to...

I hope all these questions will be answered when I see them!!!

Yenny - the stone on the left looks lovely, nice and round with a pretty facet pattern and a good-looking girdle face-up. Hard to tell with the one on the right, it may all be in the angle of the photo but the girdle looks more chipped, the pattern not as pleasing and the stone looks a little off-round. Do you have any more pics?

MTG - bummer! But excited to hear more about your other projects...?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results