shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Bride has found two possibilities/ needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, can you call them and ask them to pull both stones for you? That might be the way to go. Good luck!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Deborah,

WOW, you found two winners!
30.gif
I think you could just close your eyes and pick one and you couldn''t lose!

Here''s my (VERY!) humble 2 cents. The first one has a med/thick girdle, but I notice it''s faceted - which isn''t usually done to J stones (as I understand, anyway!) - maybe they did it on that stone because it is slightly thick? But the experts explained that an unfaceted girdle can help a J stone face up whiter - so you may want to think about that. The second stone is a little smaller... but would the difference be noticable on the finger? Probably not. It''s also less money. I also (personally) think the ES series at WF is a GREAT value for the money.

Which to pick? Gosh, I don''t know! I would ask Brian to pull them and eyeball them both for you, then trust his judgment.

HAVE FUN!!!!

Lynn

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
They both look gorgeous but I would go for #1.

Heather

edited to add: I think it is a great idea that Lynn had - to have Brian look at both stones too.

OldBride

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. I talked to Jamie at WF, and not all si2''s are "eye clean". This one apparently has a visable cloud, and she recommended the second stone.

So much for "eye clean", right?

Deborah

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
The second stone will look nearly as big as the first: 8.27 by 8.30 vs. 8.23 by 8.26. That extra 0.09 would be going largely unnoticed anyway. So what a steal that you can get eye-clean for less $! Are you going for it?

OldBride

Rough_Rock
Yep. I want to go for it and have it set in WF''s Champagne U prong pave setting.
I think this is the one...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 5:11:52 PM
Author: OldBride

Thanks for the input. I talked to Jamie at WF, and not all si2''s are ''eye clean''. This one apparently has a visable cloud, and she recommended the second stone.

Well, there''s your answer! I would totally trust her eyes. That second stone sounds like a LOOKER!
30.gif
Deborah, I think you are gonna LOVE that diamond! And don''t forget to post photos as soon as possible. We''re GREEDY!
2.gif

So much for ''eye clean'', right?

Well, it''s certainly true that "all SI2''s are not created equal". That''s why it''s invaluable to have a respected vendor pull a stone and give you an honest opinion on it (when you can''t look at it with your own two eyes.) But it is also very true that extraordinary, gorgeous, totally eye-clean SI2s certainly ARE out there... I know this for a fact because I just bought one!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 5:35:00 PM
Author: OldBride
Yep. I want to go for it and have it set in WF''s Champagne U prong pave setting.
I think this is the one...
you are going to LOVE it!
36.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I like #2. With the thinner girdle & smaller depth %, it''s not going to appear much smaller, if any, than #1.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you found the best stone & setting for you!
36.gif
36.gif
Enjoy!

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I''m glad that you called them :). It is going to look wonderful. Please post pictures when you get it :)

OldBride

Rough_Rock
Ok, we did it. We ordered the ring from Whiteflash. Jamie told me that the J SI 1 faces up white, is eye clean and is beautiful.
I can''t wait!!

However, can anyone help me with sizing? I wear between a 5 and a 5 1/2 depending upon the ring style. The ring I am ordering, the Champagne U prong pave, is not particularly chunky or thick, but I am also ordering the matching band. Would wearing two rings dictate that I should go a size larger?

Thanks

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Deborah,

YAY! YOU DID IT!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Are you having WF send the stone to you for a looksie first - or just having them set stone and then send it? That''s what Mara does! It requires a "leap of faith" (as she says!) but she''s never been sorry. Plus with WF, I think it''s a VERY safe leap!
1.gif

I cannot wait to see pictures! It is gonna be soooo gorgeous!
30.gif

Lynn

Oh, and to answer your sizing question... my humble opinion is to get both rings in a 5.5. There''s just something about wearing TWO rings together... they get tighter!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, you picked a winner. Can''t wait to see it.

OldBride

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Lynn.
I''m going on a leap of faith. I was assured that the stone is white and clean. I feel good about it since they told me that the other stone I was considering, a J SI 2, did have visable inclusions (and that one was a branded ACA stone, too!).
I really don''t want to deal with sending things back and forth and want to be done with it.
I feel very comfortable based upon what I''ve read on this site and what I''ve heard about WF.

Thanks for the sizing advice. Better a little big than too small, right?

Deborah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results