shape
carat
color
clarity

Okinawa Proposal locations/ideas anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Going to Japan to pop the big question (too bad for her she lives in Japan or she might have gotten a approx. 1ct diamond) And I plan to travel with her to Okinawa for about 3 days and propose there on the second evening. Anybody have any ideas on locations or anything else that they thing I should do in Okinawa to make the trip really memorable....and yes, price is def an obstacle
7.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck on your proposal. Shurei-no-mon is the symbol of Okinawa. It''s a famous gate in Shuri castle. There are also some old castle ruins that you can hike to for free. If there are local festivals going on, you should go see them. They are free and the street food is cheap and delicious. The best one that I liked was a bull fight festival (here the bulls push each other, sort of like bull sumo wrestling, no gore). Okinawa also has some nice beaches. Do you like sake? Awamori is the Okinawan version, but more lethal.

I do like sake but she is just about deathly alergic to alcohol. It should be about the very beginning of August when we head over, maybe 1 week into August. I will def. look into festivals and such, but if you know any particular really romantic place or anything like that, let me know!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have access to the military bases? I would ask the Kadena Morale Welfare and Recreation for ideas. It''s been a while since I was there. On the beach or on a the top of a hill with a sweeping view. Katsuren (?) castle ruins has a great view and is uncrowded and its free.

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately no, I do not have any access to the military base. My ff is Japanese, and we have been hoping to go to okinawa for a while. I will def. look more into the castle ruins though, that sounds like it has alot of potential.

Right now my thoughts on the engagement are to find somewhere beautiful with some shade and with an overlook of the beach, rather than on the beach itself if possible. (its going to be hot I think:) ) and then maybe to have a picnic there and propose while she is sitting on the blanket relaxing. I am still working it out though, let me know if that sounds bad! Thank you everyone for our ideas, if anyone has any other good locations let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results