color
clarity

Okay, That's Just STUPID

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1366851395|3434043 said:
Dee*Jay|1366849710|3434020 said:
I should add to my last post to make it clear that you have to pay personal property tax EVERY YEAR, and it's based on the market value of the car. EVERY DAMN YEAR. And what are they doing with all that tax money? No much, as far as I can tell!

Wait. . . is that on depreciated value? Does it go down each year? Did you check the value on KBB.com?

That's ridiculous!

Move down here! My state eliminated personal property tax a few years ago. It used to cover your stocks, bonds, etc. They also got rid of Tangible Property Tax for business equipment. I thought it was bizarre, I bet they regret it now. . .

It's based on "market value," so presumably it would go down each year (on a normal vehicle, not some sort of collector vehicle -- who who knows HOW they would even value something unique). Interesting aside, when I was getting insurance on Billy Ray set up I talked to the Traveler's rep about insurance on a Fisker (hope springs enternal in my heart that they will figure themselves out... ) and he said they could not even give me a quote, so what would the state of Missouri do in terms of taxing a Fisker? One can only imagine... :rolleyes:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LATEST INSTALLMENT

Oh, look, it's a metal topped bikini! :appl: No, that won't get too hot! It'll be just fine while I'm laying in the baking sun.

:rolleyes:

A whole new meaning for Toasted marshmallows

:|

2618401.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
DUMB custom where I live: A sign the size of a real estate For Sale sign, by the driveway of every house where a senior in high school lives, proclaiming "PROUD HOME OF A (NAME OF OUR TOWN) WARRIOR." "Warriors" is the name of our athletic teams -- bad enough if these signs were confined to team members, but they appear wherever a senior lives.

Makes me nauseous. Corny boasting praise for a kid doing nothing special. I can hear my parents asking, "Weren't you a junior last year? Well, we expect you to be a senior this year. So what?" They'd be darn right. Even star athletes, star scholars, star chess players didn't and should not deserve signs in their front yards.

Similar to the truly awful bumper stickers announcing, "Proud Parent of a Wonderful Kid." Yack! Our parents always told us we had to earn being thought wonderful -- and never, ever brag about it, because there was always someone else more wonderful -- and besides, we'd look like asses. Give 'em trophies for just breathing! :nono:

--- Laurie

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1365536168|3423461 said:
Okay, That's Just STUPID:

The Kardashians. Any. All.
Pants worn below the butt. How could exposing one's a$$ ever be cool? Breezy, maybe. Cool, never.
Justin Beiber . . . or is it Bieber? Don't care. No one over the age of 14 does.
The Twilight series. And all the hoopla, hype, and celebrity that began there.
The constant, insatiable need to be connected - all the time - to the bigger world because being unplugged is so yesterday.
E-TV. Entertainment Television. What a misnomer. See Kardashians for example A.
Pop music. Most of it. Okay, 90% of it.

There could be more, but then I might begin to sound like a "You kids get off my lawn!" biddy. Nah, I'll stop there. I suspect I'm already showing my age with this list. :bigsmile:

I've always thought Holly and I would get a long well. Ditto *everything* she said!

Just what the hell have the Kardashians done to make them note worthy (I'm not going to say famous because they're not!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results