shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay now, all you pregnant (or at one time pregnant) laides, help me out here...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 7:28:53 PM
Author: sk8rjen
Hey Fisher :) EDD=estimated date of delivery...Nov 4th. I''ve known for a week but I am only 4 wks and 3 days along! I''m an early-symptom, have-a-feeling-i''m-preggo kinda girl, so I started testing early.... like I said, i had a couple of days where i thought ''it must not have implanted'' but then i got a faint BFP and so on and so forth :) I had a bunch of internet cheapie tests, but really the first response early result work the best for early testing. i still am using the internet cheapies up so i can watch my line get darker each time, but I had a BFP on the FRER the 2nd day I tested. I have a short cycle and early ovulation with a 16 day luteal phase.

Maybe you should start charting (doesn''t mean you have to actually temp) so you can get a feel for how your body works...try fertilityfriend.com and you''ll get a free tutorial. Of course you won''t need it if you are preggo :) i learned a lot from them and only checked it out after i was already pg!

Yes I''ll post some house pics...i really need to find that darned memory card and get those old pics on the computer, so i''ll make that my next project :)

babydust to ya, fishy!

(ps pee in a cup and test that way, less messy and you can retest with the same u if the test doesn''t work right....i think it''s easier to time that way too -- good luck!)

jen
I did the in the stream thing, and I was wishing I''d not have done it that way when the thing didn''t work right. I''d just bought it, too! Grr!!!

So, the best is the cup kind. I''ll remember that.

Back when I was on the pill, I thought I was pregnant about four times (I''m kind of a spaz), but I never was. Since we''re not really trying, trying, I was asking Paul about really trying at this point, if we''re not pregnant. He said he still thinks we need to save some more before, but by Summer, we can. I''m thinking March starts Spring, so what''s another three months early?
9.gif
I think he''s more and more starting to think about the possibility of us being parents in the near future, and it''s so cute to see how he wants to save and to hear him say things about our children, what''d he like to do with them and the like. It''s so precious.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I know you two are going to make great parents!! Re: pg tests, buy a 3 pack of FRERs -- they are midstream tests but can also be taken by using a cup (don''t forget to get dixie cups!)...you will want to have the test on hand for first morning urine (most concentrated) and will want to test again, i promise (either way -- you''ll either want to see that positive line pop up again day after day after day...haha...or you''ll want to keep testing until you wither get a positive or af shows. i actually thought i was pg on the pill a few times too, no big deal (doesn''t make you a spaz! ;)) some months are just different for whatever reason.

ok, my other piece of advice only comes from doing this myself.....if you are not yet pg, I would recommend waiting to get that way until you have moved! that was my only reasoning in waiting (dh had several reasons to wait, btw....but believe it or not, this pg is totally inttentional! yay :)) I moved when I was pg with Gabe (my oldest) and is just plain sucked. I was unable to do much, and I am usually furniture-lifting pro, so that was hard to be dependent on everyone else. But more importantly you will be dog tired. Not just a bit, most likely a LOT. As in, you wanna sleep all the time and it''s not always possible when you are in the middle of a move! plus there''s the painting thing (there''s safer paint available, but the fumes can still make you sick)...just food for thought :)

Either way, congrats on getting the "go ahead" and i''m sending you a bunch of babydust and a hug :)
jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I took one today, that showed up negative. It took a while for the control to show up, though. I'm thinking I need to buy a different brand next go-round. (ETA- It wasn't first morning urine, though; I woke up at 4:30 and had to go potty then I couldn't go again before I left for work. Then I went 5 times at work today and then again when I got home, so it was late evening urine. I know first morning is supposed to be the most concentrated, though. Maybe that had an effect.)

My cycles tend to be longer than average, sometimes with 35 days in between, so I'm going to wait it out and see what happens.

We weren't actively trying, but neither of us will be upset (at all!!) if we are about to be parents.

Yeah, moving will be all kinds of fun (pregnant or not); however, I still think we'll be out and into a house before I'm very far along at all. I HOPE!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I can''t be over two weeks or so pregnant, if I am, so I really need to NOT be taking tests every day. I''m going to try to just stop thinking about it all the time. I (and Paul, too) have started "bonding" with the baby a lot, and we so shouldn''t be doing that, because there''s a better chance I''m not pregnant than I am.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 5:41:03 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Wait, that would be three.
Are you pregnant??
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t use first morning pee. Most tests are sensitive enough that it doesn''t matter. I didn''t read all the replies but peeonastick.com is a REALLY helpful site!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this is weird!!

I took another test today (again, not in the morning because I had to pee in the middle of the night again!). As the results were forming and the "color" got carried along the read out portion of the test, I noticed that where the line should be for pregnancy, there was a super (I mean SUPER DUPER SUPER) faint line that formed, then as it passed on toward the control line, it faded out. Was that just the color transferring on down the test strip? I mean it was there for a fraction of a second, and then gone. I don''t know if that is just the way it carries (although I''ve not noticed it ever before when testing) along the strip, or if it was like trying to detect or what. I don''t know. I''ve never seen anything like that before.

Then, my sister in law who has five kids told me that it sounds to her like I have a UTI, not the signs of a pregnancy. I''m so tired I can''t keep my eyes open at work by the time 4pm rolls around and she says that''s a sign of a UTI more than it is of a pregnancy this early on. I know each pregnancy is different, but she suggested I take a UTI test.

I''m just as impatient now as I was when I was waiting to finally be engaged.
9.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher -- I really don''t want to disappoint you...it sounds so much to me that you want to be pregnant! But yes it is common to "see" the line where the positive line is supposed to be when the dye passes over it. However if you can spot even a faint and colored line within the time limit, you probably are pg. That''s after the test has processed. I have a lined sheet of paper with all my tests lines up in a progression and my first ones were really faint, but the last one I took before Iran out is as dark/darker than the control line. hope this helps!!
jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... it probably was just the color as it moved along the test screen thing. I''d just never seen it move like that before, maybe.

Well, I still haven''t had anything happen to show I''m not pregnant and with my cycle being so odd, it could be anytime between now and the 12th or so. So, I guess all I can do is wait.

I did really want that to be a sign of something, though. Oh well.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Might just be an evap line. My second lines were faint but they stayed. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
These tests get expensive, wait a few days and buy a digital one. Good luck.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I've been using the cheapy ones from the dollar store. I think this was the second I've taken, so I've not gone too nuts with it. I don't guess.
21.gif

I need to wait a while before I take another one. I know that.

If I didn't feel so different, it wouldn't be so hard to take a test and see it say I'm not pregnant.

It was my third. I forgot I took one yesterday, too. Hmm. I'm not nuts on these things.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 10:01:30 PM
Author: Kaleigh

I was thinking the same thing but then again I went through 5 tests...hehe...3 negatives (one was at the doc''s office when I had a UTI), and 3 positive (two of those were the digital ones which DO have a higher rate of false positives but make it SOOO much easier to read).

Fisher, don''t give up hope. I had long cycles as well so I was testing too early. It is the longest wait but you need to give it more time.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Sk8rJen that watching the test as it initially processes can be confusing... but after the color has "settled" and the control line is definitely there, if there is ANY hint of a 2nd line, it means positive. (Unless it shows up after the time limit and is colorless, in which case it is more likely an evaporation line.) I took my first test (Dollar Tree) at 12 days post ovulation and the 2nd line was very obvious by then, so fortunately I never had to squint or take the test apart or hold it up to the light to interpret it, but I know some girls do. Dollar Tree tests have been shown to be some of the most sensitive tests out there, and certainly more cost-effective than drugstore brands, so I would keep using those if I were you. Then when you do get a line, confirm with a digital if you'd like.

I am crossing my fingers for you!! But I also know those phantom symptoms can be horrible... minds are very powerful things. People on other message boards refer to this time as the "two week wait" and it can drive you insane, analyzing every little thing you feel. Hopefully this is the last month you'll ever have to go through it!
1.gif

ETA -- As for the fatigue, your SIL is correct that those symptoms (along with extreme sensitivity to smells/food aversions) typically don't set in until you are closer to 5 or 6 weeks along (so 3-4 weeks after conception) and HCG is being produced in much higher numbers. But there are always exceptions! Personally, I was almost symptom-free up until Week 6... it was mainly just sore boobs and crampiness before that, both of which I feel as PMS symptoms anyway.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah, one more thing... on the baby board I am on, there has been an extremely high number of false positive dollar store tests. The sensitivity level is pretty good, but I''d be careful. Since you have some time and seem like someone who will easily become addicted to peeing on/in something, I recommend ordering some internet early pg test strips. they are cheap (i got 20 for $16 plus free shipping) and you just dip the strip in a cup. I used one every morning and some afternoons and didn''t feel guilty about it. When I finally had a line that my brain wasn''t making up, I used the first response early result and took that 3 times :) then i took the digital. last month i used a *bunch* of expensive tests (i had a chemical pregnancy last month) so i was getting the positives, but the line didn''t get too much darker. since we knew we were trying this month, i ordered online and am happy i did. I *loved* getting to see the progression of lighter to darker lines over the course of many days. Most people may not be as nuts as i was, but just thought I''d share :)

jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 11:33:17 PM
Author: sk8rjen
oh yeah, one more thing... on the baby board I am on, there has been an extremely high number of false positive dollar store tests. The sensitivity level is pretty good, but I''d be careful. Since you have some time and seem like someone who will easily become addicted to peeing on/in something, I recommend ordering some internet early pg test strips. they are cheap (i got 20 for $16 plus free shipping) and you just dip the strip in a cup. I used one every morning and some afternoons and didn''t feel guilty about it. When I finally had a line that my brain wasn''t making up, I used the first response early result and took that 3 times :) then i took the digital. last month i used a *bunch* of expensive tests (i had a chemical pregnancy last month) so i was getting the positives, but the line didn''t get too much darker. since we knew we were trying this month, i ordered online and am happy i did. I *loved* getting to see the progression of lighter to darker lines over the course of many days. Most people may not be as nuts as i was, but just thought I''d share :)

jen
That is the funniest sentence!

I just learned how to highlight. I''m so proud. :) Almost two years after coming to this site, and dang, I''m still learning.

You are so right, Jen. I have a personality that lets me just want to know everything just as soon as possible. So, I went online and I did order some strips. I don''t know but it seems there are a lot of things WORSE to waste money on, right?
9.gif

This might be one more thing to add to the "phantom" list, but in the past 24 hours, I''ve felt little twinges in my lower abdomen. Not like cramps, but more like a tightening, almost in pinches, but not painful. Just odd.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 10:06:40 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 3/4/2008 10:01:30 PM
Author: Kaleigh

I was thinking the same thing but then again I went through 5 tests...hehe...3 negatives (one was at the doc''s office when I had a UTI), and 3 positive (two of those were the digital ones which DO have a higher rate of false positives but make it SOOO much easier to read).

Fisher, don''t give up hope. I had long cycles as well so I was testing too early. It is the longest wait but you need to give it more time.
How long did it take before your testing ended with a faint line?

I just adore the icon you have, so we can watch Miss Tessa grow. She''s a cutie pie!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. She was 6 weeks in my AV and is 4 months now!
39.gif
She is pretty cute. I'll keep her.

Like I said I was on 40 day cycles and got preggo the first month so I wasn't *really* tracking my cycles (no time). I found out SO early that I got a *faint* positive at the doc's office. She was not convinced I was preggo and mentioned I could be miscarrying. She did an internal (TMI alert!) said my cervix had a blue tint which IS a sign of pregnancy (so that was a positive thing) They did a blood test and I was around 3.5 weeks (so, yeah, I had a Loooooong pregnancy). I was SO tired early (and the feeling has yet to go away. Haha!) so I guess I disagree. When my upper back started hurting and the sides of my boobs I tested and got my first positive. If you are preggo, you will get the second line soon. Try not drinking or peeing for 3 hours before. That is what I did. I did wait maybe 3-5 days between my negatives.

Fisher, my FIRST line was so faint I convinced myself it wasn't there. I then waited and tested 3 more times that night (after NOT drinking or peeing). I used "first response" and the digital (can't remember the name). I have a photo somewhere if it would help you!
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Okay, weird random question number 5,000,000.
9.gif

So, a friend at work was saying that they didn''t see her "faint line" inside, but rather in the sunlight.

Of course, I hauled butt home to bust open one of the cheapy tests I''ve taken (the most recent) and I popped the case open (it''s the cassette type) and pulled the strip out and took it to the balcony. Now, from there, when I look at it in the sunlight, there is a line where the positive line would have been (but again, it''s been over a day since I took it, so it''s not valid). My question is does the strip automatically have a cavern for the positive line to show up on? If it does, that''s probably what I saw.

I did order some of those strips off the net and I''m trying to not test again until they arrive (2-3 days).

No UTI, either.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I feel so bad for you because I can TOTALLY relate to your situation. I didn''t use the strip tests. I have never heard about seeing it in sunlight...hmmmm....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you could be. Though the power of the mind is strong and there is even a phenomenon where women actually feel pregnant and are not. (I am not saying this is your case). So, patience, if you are, you are very aware, and will know asap. Just know all three of mine I found out the day I missed my mp, and those were the longest 9 months of my life each time, as I knew from day one.

Good luck. If you are not pregnant, you will be soon. Just try not to obsess and make yourself crazy, it was be a tough haul if you do and I know because I did it to myself three times!

Those symptoms all sound like early symptoms to me. Of course there are other explanations too, but still...

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi, just found this thread..how many days DPO are you? If you think there''s a chance, maybe buy a non-cheapie test! Keep us posted!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 11:15:45 AM
Author: february2003bride
Fisher-

To help you with your pg test diagnosis/analysis
9.gif
9.gif
:

http://www.peeonastick.com/

I posted that site too! I was OBSESSED with it during my faint line drama. It is very helpful!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol this thread is hilarious..!!! fisher you SO want to be preggo...it''s like every 5 min you are posting going ''but wait maybe...''...haha.

i was sure i was preggo about 4 months ago -- it would not have been planned at all, but just felt so different and period was late and all that and i am never ever late...well i wasn''t but the power of the mind is seriously powerful, i was more sure i was as each day passed, and going through the whole mental up and down (aka ''not now'' to ''wow this could be great'')...i was disappointed when i wasn''t but then ecstatic in the end lol!!! we''re just not ready (though not sure we''ll really EVER be!).

keep us posted, this is great reading material!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Okay, now I know that I''m being nuts, but I''m seriously obsessing over this. Paul even says what I''m showing him "looks to be" a faint line. So, I took a picture.

I always thought people who couldn''t tell if they were pregnant or not were idiots. I''ve either joined the club, or there just isn''t a nice defined line all the time. (I will test again later on; I just am trying not to obsesss too much over the whole thing. I can sometimes have long, long, cycles and may not know until next week, although I *thought* I was pregnant starting last week.)

Does anyone else see a line of pink? I swear I do. The picture wasn''t taken once it got old (invalid) or anything like that, either.

testfomg.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 4:40:46 PM
Author: Mara
lol this thread is hilarious..!!! fisher you SO want to be preggo...it''s like every 5 min you are posting going ''but wait maybe...''...haha.

i was sure i was preggo about 4 months ago -- it would not have been planned at all, but just felt so different and period was late and all that and i am never ever late...well i wasn''t but the power of the mind is seriously powerful, i was more sure i was as each day passed, and going through the whole mental up and down (aka ''not now'' to ''wow this could be great'')...i was disappointed when i wasn''t but then ecstatic in the end lol!!! we''re just not ready (though not sure we''ll really EVER be!).

keep us posted, this is great reading material!
I know, Mara. My best friend is like, "Jen, you''re posting about that? REALLY?" But I figure you all knew the whole saga with waiting to be engaged, the drama of getting married, so who better to come to with yet more drama and me just being me? Pricescope, of course!

I do that whole "not now" vs. "WOW!! I''m hyper excited" thing, too. I think everyone does. I doubt I''ll ever be "ready" to be a parent, but I''ll learn and Paul will learn and we''ll be all right.

I''ll do what I can to keep the "reading material" coming.
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. Maybe it is in my head. I really see something though.

testfomg2.JPG

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hey fisher, I have to say, even though the picture you posted is blurry, the last picture does look like there is a very very faint tinge of pink next to the "T".

I looked at the three pregnancy tests ( took 4 really, but one was an expired test, so even though it tested positive, I didn''t believe it and threw it away) that I took when I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago, the controls are all the same color and shade. The result windows are the same color, but one is faint and the next one is darker and the next is darkest. The faint one is unmistakeable though, you can definitely see a line without a doubt.

I wish you luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results