shape
carat
color
clarity

okay for a pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snuflz

Rough_Rock
hello everyone,

i''m looking to purchase a pendant and need your advice on which diamond to choose. my budget is about 1500-2000 for the setting plus stone. my first choice was a J from whiteflash but it''s already disappeared
8.gif
and i just saw it last night!

anywho, here are two possible contenders

1) .51, F, VS1 http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-798812.htm

2) .54, I, VVS2 http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-798828.htm

thanks in advance for your help!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
both are great, but i would get the bigger one!
3.gif

snuflz

Rough_Rock
belle - thanks for your response. my inclination is to get the bigger one, too.

bridget - thanks for another diamond to consider, unfortunately bob said the G has a very noticeable carbon spot when viewed up to five inches away. granted, no one would be able to see it, but i know it''s there! to answer your question about the setting, it''s going to be a solitaire.

i''m considering this J, it''s about the same size as the one bridget posted and has a better price. the inclusions are pretty visible, too. lots of tiny ones.

decisions, decisions...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooohhh...now i''m liking the j!
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There isn't much above .5cts with cut pedigree and withing budget, aside this H/Si1 H&A

LINK

pic1.jpg

And a few AGS0s on the virtual database (i.e. with unknown H&A quality). Among those, this H/VS2 turned out to be the largest VS option.
12.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2006 12:32:40 PM
Author: snuflz

i''m considering this J
Sold ?
7.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very pretty stone!

I wish you well,

Bridget

snuflz

Rough_Rock
belle - yes, that J has a great price. i''m having a hard time getting over the tiny inclusions, though.

valeria101 - yes, the J said sold because I had it on hold. that''s a very pretty H from GOG and an even better size. unfortunately i think the J, although has more inclusions, are not at the center.

what do you ladies of think of this J VS2 instead?

oh what to do... better color, smaller size, lower clarity or lower color, bigger size, better clarity?

;o)

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
did you buy it? it says sold on the website.

i was also going to say that you definitely want what they call around here a "mind clean" stone, regardless of what you can or cant see, because i know from experience that if it drives you crazy now it always will! for me, when I got my .5 ct round pendant, i could have gotten a bigger stone if i dropped in color but my "mental hangup" was getting an H that would be the same as my e-ring. Clarity I could care less about as long as its overall eye clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results