shape
carat
color
clarity

OK this is my final four vote Now

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

burger59

Rough_Rock
I know I have asked alot of questions over the last week and you all have been a big help. Please tell me which you think is best over all. Which setting do you like better the Wide Cathedral Solitaire or the Heavy "Tiffany" Solitaire both in yellow gold?
28.gif

#1) Laboratory: GIA
Price $2869
Carat Weight: 0.91
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Shape: Princess
Depth: 72.3%
Table: 72%
Polish: EX
Symmetry: VG
Culet: N
Girdle: M-TK
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.31x5.30x3.84

#2) Laboratory: GIA
Price $2607
Carat Weight: 0.93
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 74.6%
Table: 72%
Polish: VG
Girdle: M-STK
Measurements: 5.22x5.20x3.88

#3) Laboratory: GIA
Price $2562
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 74.7%
Table: 69%
Symmetry: GD
Girdle: M-TK
Measurements: 5.19x5.13x3.83

#4) Laboratory: GIA
Price $2884
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 74.1%
Table: 70%
Girdle: M F
Measurements: 5.26x5.26x3.90

I personally like the first one the best. I''m not an expert by any means, but in a princess cut I would pay close attention to the girdle thickness - and I''d actually choose a med to thick girdle (I''ve heard they''re more vulnerable to being damaged from a hard hit). I''m also one to go for a little higher color, so I''d take an H over an I if I were buying the stone.

Are you set on yellow gold? I only ask because white gold can help a stone look more bright/white. I just changed my stones from yellow to a white metal, and it made a difference in my case.

Smiles, Mary

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
#1 looks the best among the four.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Hey Burger! You know I had to chime in! I am with the others, #1 looks the best. Can''t answer the question re: the yellow gold (I am partial to white gold/plat. myself). I like the thinner Tiffay style setting with the solitaire princess stone.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I vote for #1 also. I used to be a yellow gold person when I was younger but now I prefer white gold or platinum. I agree that some gemstones, especially diamonds, look better in white colored metals.

I had a 1.02 carat square-ish radiant set in a cathedral setting (originally in a standard 4 prong setting) and the width of the metal overpowered the stone, in my opinion, making the diamond seem smaller. So I would go with the Tiffany style setting.

ring1.jpg

burger59

Rough_Rock
Well in the past my girlfriend said that she wanted a yellow gold ring because she wears mostly yellow gold like earring, ect...
But every women on here seems to like white gold. Do you think that is the way to go. Should I tjust take the chance and go with white gold/plat? WHat is the difference between the two???

Thanks

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
White gold/platinum or yellow gold is really a personal preference. I wear a lot of silver so I prefer white gold or platinum. If your GF specifically said that she wants yellow gold I would go with that. White gold and yellow gold are usually less pricey than platinum.

After all of this you really must post pictures of the ring when you get it!
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results