shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, this is it! Help me out! Is this my princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

realron75

Rough_Rock
I think I've found my diamond. Thanks to all the great advice here I'm posting the specs, sarin report, and idealscope image. Please don't hold back here. I need to know if I have a winner!

Price: $8,567.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.44
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 71.6
Table: 66
Girdle: TK-
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.28-6.19X4.43
Length/Width: 1.01

sarin1975.gif

realron75

Rough_Rock
idealscope image

idealscope1975.jpg

realron75

Rough_Rock
diamond photo

diamond1975.jpg

Mikeabo

Rough_Rock
I am just an average Joe looking for a princess cut diamond. However, I also was looking at this same stone and was worried about the x pattern leakage in the middle of the stone. I do not know officially if this is bad but it led me to pass it up and move to the next diamond.

Does anybody with more knowledge than me know if leakage like this in the middle of the stone is a bad sign?

-Mike

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
I really really like the numbers on your stone, until I saw your IS pic. I have never seen a IS pic with light leakage right at the center of the table. Something is wrong here. Hope IS experts on this board will have some explanation on that. The price seems right to me. Keep your fingers crossed until somebody comes up with a genuine explanation for the light leakage right at the center.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Kevinraja, it looks like all the specs pan out and coincide with the price tag, but the leakage in the center is bothersome. How does it look in different lights? Does it return alot of light, have good fire/sparkle? Does it look "dark" in the center when its spakling? I would find out exactly why that leakage is there and decide from there. Maybe your vendor has a similar stone for a similar price that does not have this issue. Good Luck!
28.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With some deductions, based upon the measurements provided, I would guestimate that this princess would get an AGS-cut score of 2 or 3.

This is definitely not bad, compared to the current average princess-cut, it is even outstanding.

I think that it is dangerous to just take concepts about light leakage in rounds into the judgment of a fancy shape. Garry can explain this much better than I can.

Live long,

realron75

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I''m still hoping to get some expert opinions here before I decide. Things look ok and I want to pull the trigger and end my search but I need an answer on this giant white X in the center of the idealscope. I haven''t seen too many princess diamonds with this type of pattern....?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if paul told me i had a good diamond.... i would listen.

realron75

Rough_Rock
Didn''t mean Paul wasn''t an expert just meant no expert has really addressed my concerns about the X in the table. Maybe I''m just overreating. This board can turn a person into a maniac trying to find the perfect stone.

Sometimes I wish I was just another ignorant B&M buyer but of course then I would have paid $3,000 more for an inferior stone! ;-)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I actually think that's a beautiful stone. Great depth. Great table. Great #s. I'd be all over that like holy on the pope.

P.S. Check this out. I can't get it to post. This was my princess stone. It went back b/c of inclusions but to this day, it is the most amazing princess I've ever seen. Notice the white in the center. Well, check out the pic of the stone...and that's a horrible picture...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-2-2-f-vs2-princess-from-gog-lol-again.17308/=

realron75

Rough_Rock
What clarity was the diamond you sent back? VS2? Were the inclusions that bad? This diamond is VS1 so I better not have any issues with clarity. I was willing to go down to SI1 but this baby popped up and the size, price, color, and cut were so good I couldn''t pass it up.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It was a vs2. And no, to normal people, the inclusion would not have been an issue. You won''t have any problems with a vs1.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the short of it is, the #''s on this baby are
18.gif
and the stone image is a good one....so don''t let a little vs1 get in your way.........
maybe garry would have an explantation for the "x"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results