shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, So Shoot Me ... No pix

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who went wedding ring shopping without bringing a digital camera with me? That would be me. And now I''m SO FRUSTRATED I can''t show you guys what I''m talking about!!! And, to top it off, I can''t find a picture anywhere online that''s like it ... maybe someone has seen what I''m talking about ... here goes.

So, I was back at the jewelers getting the prongs on my ring tightened, I didn''t mean it to happen, but c''mon. There are rings everywhere! And I need to figure out this wedding band situation. Tried on a bunch of stuff with my ring and I realized I probably need either

1) something substantial, equal or near equal width so the band doesn''t get lost.
2) something substantial, to wear alone on my left hand with my e-ring on my right.

Two different eternity rings looked great with my e-ring. One was baguettes & princesses in a milligrained channel set band - I KNOW I KNOW, princesses too busy right ... but they really just added bling & sparkle to the baquettes and didn''t jump out as "princess". I also liked the square, rectangle, square, rectangle pacing of them ... the squares being kinda like my centerstone.

But my favorite was an baguette eternity band set kind of like Signed Pieces Raphael rings, with metal hugging the tops and bottoms of the stones & disappearing. They said it could be milligrained or engraved on the sides like my ring, or made in a 1/2 or 3/4 eternity style too. Anyone ever seen a ring like this? It looked OUTRAGEOUS with my ring, which is the only pix I have *sniff* *sniff*

blingfront2.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Deco, they sound divine. I don't believe I have seen one like that. BTW, we will forgive you because you included a pic of your divine ring.
9.gif

shay

ETA: What is an Meh?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just go back to the jeweler with your camera - all will be forgiven!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 11:41:05 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
Just go back to the jeweler with your camera - all will be forgiven!
I know ... I know ... don''t think I haven''t been kicking myself all day & planning the next trip into the city, hopefully with Sweetie along this time.

I fear that as much as "substantial" might look best with my ring, "practical/affordable" may in fact be what''s do-able in our budget/time frame. It''s hard to tell yourself that in the face of B-L-I-N-G though. Only in the cold, hard, non-jewelry store light of day.
39.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lord your ering is g
30.gif
rgeous. What was this thread about again? I forgot.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my that ering is soooo beautiful. Go back to the jewelers and take pics for us no biggie. Man is that the most incredible asscher. I know I have seen it before but love to seeing it again. haha.
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys! *blush* I do love it so!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Where are my pictures?!?!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Hehe jk! That one you posted of your e-ring is good for now...did I ever mention how much I love your asscher? It really has the mile deep look that I often times can''t see well from pictures
30.gif

Now go get us some more pictures
11.gif
31.gif
(I''m so bossy
12.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 8:24:58 PM
Author: Princess V
Where are my pictures?!?!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Hehe jk! That one you posted of your e-ring is good for now...did I ever mention how much I love your asscher? It really has the mile deep look that I often times can''t see well from pictures
30.gif

Now go get us some more pictures
11.gif
31.gif
(I''m so bossy
12.gif
)
Tell us how you really feel, JK!!!
9.gif
That ering pic alone is good enough for moi!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow your e-ring is just gorgeous!!! I would love to see pictures of it with the eternity rings you are checking out if you can swing another trip to the jewelers with camera in hand!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
deco, I think this is the first time I''ve ever seen your ring. Can I say now, althought it''s a bit late, that it''s absolutely GORGEOUS!?! I love it! After seeing your ring, Kaleigh''s, and several other beautiful asschers on here, I might actually want an asscher as an engagement ring instead of a RB.

And I like the more subtle look of baguettes rather than the princess and baguettes. Just the description of the latter sounds busy to me. Just my opinion, of course.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to say that your e-ring is absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
I hope you find a wedding band that is equally as beautiful. Can''t wait to see the results!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 9:19:05 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I'd love to see a hand shot!!! Is it custom?
*blush redux* Oh I have shots aplenty... right here. It's not really custom ... I found the setting in white gold at a store and we asked them to make it in platinum. Handmade, yes. Custom, not really.

PrincessV, CourtHorn, Sundial & yesterday's picture hungry crew I promise I'll take the camera when I go back. Afraid it might be soon too, cause the stone is already loose again!!
32.gif
I think this time they're gonna add support bars between the prongs to hold 'em together. Platinum. Me. No mixing so well.
14.gif

Cinderella The baquette band was def. my fave too. WISH I HAD PIXXXX. Grrrr.
2.gif

Wish me luck!!
39.gif
Why must we suffer so for beauty!!
25.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I have just purchased a similar setting to yours. I am also looking for a band to go with it. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but here's what I found tonight on my search.

First one from Fay Cullen.

$650 princ bag fay cullen.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Next one, also from Fay Cullen.

$845 fay cullen.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Another Fay Cullen.

$975 faycullen.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
This is signed pieces.

$935 signed pieces.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Another from Fay Cullen.

faycullen$975.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Another signed pieces.

signed pieces $1245.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Another fay cullen.

$2990 faycullen.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
And the last one, signed pieces. I'm sure any of these could be milgrained if you wanted (I was also considering double-milgraining like the e-ring). Please post pics of the bands if you take some when you return to the jewelry store.

$1667 signed pieces.jpg

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
deco, I''m sorry but once again I am late in feasting my eyes on a new asscher. Wow! What a unique setting. Your asscher looks lovely sitting in the middle of it all. If you haven''t already, please do go back to the jewelry store and take some photos (if they will allow). I can''t wait to see which ring you choose to go with your e-ring.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I bumped this thread because I just found this ring tonight and thought this is one of the w-bands you were talking about. It''s from Washington Diamond online.

2686 washington diamonds.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh! Lizz! I totally didn''t see that you''d responded to this thread back on the 14th. You found some real beauties!

None of the ones are quite the one I liked best in person. I wish, wish, wish I could find a pix. The best way I can describe it is instead of "channel set" baquettes or emeralds, the thin metal top & bottom edge kind of cupped each stone, so you could see that the emeralds are "cut cornered", and filling in the tiny corner space. So the metal is slightly bumpy on top & bottom.

It ends up so you''re just seeing "diamond" ... not channel.

Sadly, even at 1/2 eternity it''ll probably be out of the budget (especially if we do this kooky Italy wedding thing)

Will probably be back at the jewelers in the next couple weeks & swear I''ll take pix.

Have to go to your thread & see if you have pix up!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 10:35:14 PM
Author: lizz
Deco, I bumped this thread because I just found this ring tonight and thought this is one of the w-bands you were talking about. It''s from Washington Diamond online.
Ooooooh that would look really good with your GORGEOUS ring, Deco!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 10:35:14 PM

No! You''re right ... that DOES look exactly like the princess/baq combo one!! I think the engraving is a little different but it''s a great example.

Do you think the princesses look too busy? I have to look again in person. I''m gettin excited again!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 12:44:34 AM
Deco, I have just purchased a similar setting to yours.

WAIT. This was before the GORGEOUS MISTAKE right? The East/West! Are you gonna keep it & return the new setting? Or maybe set a sapphire in the new setting!!

It''s "MY FAVORITE MISTAKE" for sure!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, yes, your ring is my idol. Yep, that was the setting I purchased, same as yours. But the head was too small. The Fast Fix Jewelry place called yesterday and said they had located a larger head and will solder it in for me. But my husband wants me to keep my ring as is and, down the line, put another stone in the setting like yours, maybe a round. I'll probably leave my ring the way it is, mistake and all!

Anyway, found two more bands tonight. I know what you're talking about. I have seen that exact ring you are talking about somewhere, don't remember where. This one is from antiquejewelryforsale.com.

antiquejewelryforsale2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whaddya think of this one. It won''t let me steal the pix, darn it.

I''m SO flattered you like my setting! I ADORE yours & your gorgeous stone! East/West it''s so like my other "mega-crush" setting ... Vera Wang''s FAN.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
This band is from foreverjewelers.com. I know this isn't what you mean, but it's an idea.

foreverjewelers2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results