shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, PROPER photos at last!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies for last thread. Haven''t posted pics before so wasn''t sure how to resize them and what was the best size for internet.
15.gif

Ok, start again. Here is my parti-sapphire....

IMG80411.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next one.

IMG80455.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to be precision cut, as everything seems very symmetrical with good polish. Do you mind sharing more information or am I too impatient and should just stop typing to give you a chance to tell us everything?
9.gif

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
next one.

IMG80499.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another one.

IMG804666.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a local mined & cut parti-sapphire (Australian) totally untreated. 4.5mm x 5.5mm.

Thanks for your compliment Chrono!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is some octagonal goodness!!!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I have other pics of my citrine asscher too but computer keeps complaining files is too big. Be back later to post those!
35.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the cut, and the color is quite unique. Congrats! Any setting plans?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 10:07:18 PM
Author:HotPozzum
Apologies for last thread. Haven''t posted pics before so wasn''t sure how to resize them and what was the best size for internet.
15.gif

Ok, start again. Here is my parti-sapphire....
Sweet little sapphire. I keep looking at those parti stones. I love lots of bright colors together, but I suspect that picking out one would be easier in person. Thanks for sharing.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Cool looking stone - what will you do with it?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very cool stone.
36.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
I don''t nornally see green sapphire. But yours is lovely & has a nice cut. congrats
2.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to see a green sapphire around here! Yours appears lovely. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing your citrine!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, my new citrine asscher cut by Doug of Bespoke Gems. Impossible to photograph as just shows brown tones for some reason! IRL it''s quite bright and sunny yellow.
30.gif

I was planning to use this for my replacement ering but I''m still dithering over it.....

IMG806333.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A hand shot to show perspective.

IMG807222.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Windmill goodness...
30.gif

IMG8071111.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My radiant cut Danburite from Multicolour. Very sparkly in sunlight!

IMG8057777.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hand shot to show size. It''s not cream but very white IRL. Think it reflects everything though so hard to photograph.

IMG8060000.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have future plans to set each one, the sapphire I''d like in a super modern satin- finish setting perhaps in rose gold? Something like this.

The Danburite maybe in a LOGR setting for a cocktail ring for fun.

The assher as I said WAS to be my new ering but so far I''m not feeling like its "the one" if you get my drift. Lots of people who have seen it say it''s not really suited to my Casper-like skin tone. It''s pretty but does show very golden undertones and I think would be pretty in a gold pendant instead.

Purple is my favourite colour and confess I am very in love with this one!
30.gif
As I have grey eyes, dark hair and pale skin I think this might suit me better. Although I cannot afford it at the moment (we are moving this xmas) perhaps next year I''ll get it if it''s still available .....

Any other suggestions for a light blueish lavender stone such as spinel under $AU300 would be gratefully received. A touch of grey is fine by me as long as its a light colour similar to the one I posted. Any shape is fine, around 1-3cts would be terrific. I love this one by MarriedTiger. So pretty!

STILL waiting for my Rhodolite asscher to come in the mail. Not expecting miracles with that either as it appears to be too dark. I''ll let you know when it eventually arrives.

Thank you all for your kind comments!
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all of them! The cutting is really nice.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nice pieces!

So you think you can''t pull that citrine off - have you thought about setting it in a brushed yellow gold setting, something like a bezel that would make sure there''s metal showing next to your skin tone? If you''d like that, you can even consider some rose gold details (scrolls or something) on that brushed YG shank. That would provide some contrast, nice warmth and possibly compliment your complexion. Or maybe even a rose gold bezel, if you wouldn''t mind the color of that citrine possibly getting more "blushy"?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the green sapphire and the cut is really interesting. Can''t wait to see this one set.

I agree about the citrine and your skin tone. To wear yellows and oranges your skin tone does need to be complimentary. A pendant in yellow gold sounds good though.

The Danburite is gorgeous!

I really like the cool tones of the Spinel - will it be a warm enough colour for your skintone?

What a lovely way to end the year!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I could look at those gemstones all day long! they are gorgeous! i can''t wait to see what you do with them!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
What great stones! Looking forward to what you do w/them! Dana at Master Cut Gems, where I got my lavender spinel, has a few more on his site, and I bet he has more rough-you could email and see what he''s got!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results