shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok I''m stressed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

Ok I need reassurance. I lost another (yes yet another) stone on my e-ring last week. Instead of mailing it to Leon I decided to have it fixed locally. So basically when I had it appraised, the GIA appraiser said that he could fix a missing stone. In any case, at that time, I decided to send it back to Leon because it was brand new.

So when this stone fell out, I brought it to this guy, he gave me a recipt for it (this was friday) told me to call him Wednesday for news. So I asked him repeatedly, is this going to be difficult for you? And he said no, no problem. I've done many of these before.

So I call him today, and he says "Oh I've had no news about your ring. Call me tomorrow morning." So I was a bit in shock because I had assumed from everything he said that he was going to do it. BUt now I don't know where my ring is, or who is fixing it. And I am majorly stressed.

Ok. Now I'm thinking, the guy must have sent it to a jeweler (but I wanted him to do it because he made me really comfortable with the process, or I would never have let him do it) and he must have sent it to a competent jeweler right? But my recipt is from him. Arghhh... I don't know. Basically I'm worried

a) Someone is fixing it that doesn't work with platinum usually
b) That it's going to come back in peices (I sent it to the place that made it and it came back looking sick)
c) Or that I won't get it back at all cause it's not like I know where it is.
d) Since no jeweler I've been to (with the exception of Birks) will even agree to repair my ring, the chances of it falling into the hands of a terrific jeweler are what??

It's going to be fine right?
14.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, yikes that stinks. Did you ask him where the ring was?? I''m sure it will be ok but if it were me I''d call him back and ask. Good luck.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Kaliegh,

Oh jeez. I''m a puppet. I called him back, he said the jewelller''s name was Chabot. Never heard of them. I don''t know if that''s good or bad..... YIKES. Ok. Maybe I should just ask the pricescope fairy for some good vibes tomorrow morning.

Thanks for replying. It feels good to let it out.
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally, i'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with your setting
39.gif
. Honestly though, I don't think you should worry. I know that's easy for me to say but if you took it to a reputable appraiser and you have a receipt I'm sure it's going to be fine. I'm sure the appraiser has insurance if anything went wrong and you would be compensated. But try not to worry until you find out what's going on. I would also call and ask where your ring is and who's doing the work. Be honest that it makes you very nervous and uneasy and you need more details than call me tomorrow..

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Call me crazy, but I never really thought that appraisers did things like fix rings. I thought that was left up to jewelers. Did he give you the impression that he personally would be doing the work?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Yes that was the explicit impression. He was part of the order of Quebec jewelers though, so I thought maybe in another life.... I asked him specifically if he did reperations and he said "Yes" and since I was jittery about the whole thing, I did ask him if he''s done it before he said yes. He said the reason that no one wants to work with it is because it''s platinum, therefore softer, but that he had worked with it before and it wouldn''t be a problem. The problem is that there are very platinum in Quebec usually is a special order, and more rare then in the US. The only place that carries it is Birks and Tiffany''s, and one other jewler. Other then that, it''s white gold.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d give Chabot a call then. See what they say??

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow morning I''m calling my guy. If he''s had no news, I''m calling this Chabot place. At this point I have had no contact with them, so I''m a bit worried of how to explain the whole situation. Good vibes, good vibes
23.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hi Allycat:

I understand your being worried about your ring. I would hope your local guy would be responsible and understand if you need more info. He should have been more informative than he was IMO.

Call tomorrow and find out what is going on so you can alleviate your stress!!

Good luck.

Heather

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
{{{{{{Strong vibes going your way}}}}}} Good luck!!!
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ok. No. Seriously, before I thought maybe I was being overstrung... but the guy told me to call him friday morning, and NO ONE IS ANSWERING THE PHONE TODAY! So then I called the jewelers who`s name was on the recipt given to me (saying that I left my ring with them) and no one is answering the phone there either. Now I don`t know what the chances of that are. Unless St Pat`s day is a holiday for them? I mean it`s not for any other store/instituiton in Quebec. ARGHH! Sorry for the vent, but I`m really concerned now.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
how far away is it? can you drive over there and speak to them in person?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well the guy is a Gemmonlogist, so I had to make an appointement to see him. It`s not a jewelery store.. so would it be psycho? He told me specifically to call him friday morning though (Yes I`ve tried more then once) and no one`s answering so I`m going to assume no one`s there. As for the jewelery store on the paper, the address is a 1 hour drive (2 hour two way trip), and I`ve never dealt with them directly. I don`t know, does this warrant a drive there? Or is this normal?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm, well if it''s not far, I''d probably drive over to the gemologist and see if he''s there even w/out an appt. I mean we''re talking about a $$$$$ ring here. I don''t think the 1 hour drive to the jeweler is necessary just yet. But I''d definitelly want to talk to someone today.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Ally,

I''m so sorry to hear the gemmologist is MIA. How can he leave you hanging like that!
29.gif

I agree with mrssalvo, I''ll definitely try to get hold of someone who can give you some info. If not you''ll have to wait till Monday and you''ll spend the weekend worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results