shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, I''m stil searching Opinions please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JROC

Rough_Rock
I''ve been searching with a better idea of what she likes and she definitly like the pave.

Can I get your ipinions on these and if anyone has one or see in person please share.

http://www.icestore.com/rings/ring_detail.asp?ID=24 I kinda like the way it "flares" out on the shank and the head is set "in the ring" not on top.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/Product.asp?DesignerID=37&ItemTypeID=1&ItemID=2221&start=6 I like this also, even the full pave version but I would like the head to sit in the ring rather than on it. I haven''t yet talked to Mr Pearlman about this yet buyt since it is his setting I''m sure they can do it.

Opinions? I don''t know what the width of either on these rings are, she wears a 5.75 size and has long thin fingers. She likes the dainty look.

Thanks in advance. BTW, I have the center stone and it is a .93 RB

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them both, but like the second one better.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the second just the way it is.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one better seems alittle more dainty. Do you know the widths of the bands and your stone?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s exactly what I thought Matatora, it definitely has a more dainty look and that attention to detail is very important, IMHO.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too like the second one better. are you wanting a wedding band to sit flush? if so, the head has to be raised or the prongs "built in like this

ProngsFlushpic1.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Way to go mrssalvo. Hey that ryhmes!!!
3.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
That's funny you posted that shot of my ring, Mrs S. I just received word from Signed Pieces that they have installed the new head for my new diamond so that the bands will sit flush. I too like the second ring just the way it is. I would definitely consider having the head sit just above the band so that a wedding band can sit flush unless you know for certain that doesn't matter to her. I thought I wouldn't mind having a space between the rings, but it really started bugging me big time!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, ana was the master photoshop gal who did the original mock up. i just saved it b/c i thought it is a great example of the heads on the rings sitting flush or not. With the eternity or half eterntiy settings I really like the rings to sit flush too.

JROC

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies. mrssalvo, I like the way that the Michael B looks, if fact she loves that setting also. I like the pearlman ring (2nd one) also, but I know that she is not crazy about the head sitting on top of the ring. I think she would like the integrated head more like the 1st one.

As for the width of the ring, I don''t know yet. The center stone I have is a .93 AGS000.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe Pearlman''s can alter the head and make it lower????

JROC

Rough_Rock
Kaliegh,
I e-mailed Mr Pearlman and he basically said he can do what I want. I like the way the head sits in the first one better.

What about the difference in the full pave or half? What do women prefer. Obviously there is a price difference. My only concern with full pave all the way around is banging the bottom on tables and such.

JROC

Rough_Rock
Any more comments or suggestions?

Has anyone seen in person or have any of these two settings? If so what is the width?

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
I like number two as well. Same reason, very feminine and dainty.

I have worked with Bill Pearlman and he and his staff are absolutely wonderful. You will not be disappointed with their work!

JROC

Rough_Rock
Thanks BeaudryBabe
Yes I''ve communicated with Bill over e-mail and I agree he is a great guy and very helpful. I really like that 2nd one also, but I don''t know the width of it so how do you know it is dainty? I can''t tell. I am also not sure about the head sitting on top of the ring.

thanks for all the opinions, I appreciate it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not ask Bill what the width is? i think it looks very dainty and would be surprised if it was more than 2.5-3 mm. As for the head, just have Bill lower it when they are making the setting. I think it''s a very beautiful ring and Bill Pearlman is an absolute gentleman and someone I highly recommend doing business with.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My only concern about pave going all the way around is that you can''t size it later on if you need to.
If they leave a space in the back that would be best, IMHO.

JROC

Rough_Rock
Yes, I agree Kaleigh, though I like the pave all the way around the size issue is a serious consideration to think about. I did talk to Bill and the ring is 2.5mm wide and are PLAT950 5% Iridium. He told me that this is made by a well known female designer that makes their line for them.

He said that he can make it with the head positioned "in the ring" rather than on top if that is what I want. Definitly a pleasure to talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results