shape
carat
color
clarity

OJ is guilty!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
About time!!! Sentencing isn''t until December, so we''ll see....

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK GOD!!!
36.gif

I hope they lock his sorry a$$ up for the rest of his miserable life!
29.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
thank God they didn''t let the same mistake happen twice!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I just saw the video clip of the guilty verdict, and must admit to being ever so *slightly* pleased at his obvious disappointment.

LS

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
I hope he gets to spend a minimum of 15 years to contemplate what he''s done and the legacy he''s left his poor kids.

Sorry, OJ, no more golf, fancy dinners and hiding assets from the Goldman''s.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I know! I called my mom who is on th road and left her a message. I was only a kid when the first verdict came back, but I still remember my shock clearly.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I am very pleased that he finally has been convicted of something. I only wish that justice had prevailed at his trial for murder
38.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank God for justice! He deserves to spend the rest of his sorry life in the klink.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That''s good to hear!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 2:35:51 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
I know! I called my mom who is on th road and left her a message. I was only a kid when the first verdict came back, but I still remember my shock clearly.
Me too. He actually almost bought a house that was for sale in my parents'' neighborhood in recent years, but the sellers refused to sell it to him (or so say the rumors in their relatively small town). True or not, we were very happy we weren''t going to be neighbors with him, to say the least.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting coincidence with the number 13....

He was convicted of an armed robbery that happened on Sept. 13 and was found guilty on the 13th anniversary of his Los Angeles murder acquittal. The Las Vegas jury deliberated for 13 hours after a 13-day trial.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081005/ap_on_re_us/oj_simpson

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 11:12:38 AM
Author: Ellen
Interesting coincidence with the number 13....

He was convicted of an armed robbery that happened on Sept. 13 and was found guilty on the 13th anniversary of his Los Angeles murder acquittal. The Las Vegas jury deliberated for 13 hours after a 13-day trial.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081005/ap_on_re_us/oj_simpson
Hmmmmm . . . interesting. Yanno, I don''t really believe in coincidences!
2.gif
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
He''s guilty of too many things. Hopefully there will be some kind of justice this time around.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Logged in when I saw this just to say THANK THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I can only imagine the Goldman and Brown family must feel relieved that murder got what he deserved.

Hopefully he will get the maximun life sentence but I kinda doubt it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I completely disagree with the possible verdict in this case.

There are people in this world that do much worse things (drug trafficing to minors, raping young girls, kidnapping women to sell them, homicide, etc.) and they only get 5 to 7 years in jail. But OJ is supposed to get life...over this??

Regardless of how you may feel about his character (I too thought he was guilty) that previous case has no bearing on this case whatsoever.

And comments like "I hope that murderer gets what he deserves" just proves that a judgment by a jury of your peers doesn''t work.

He may deserve to spend the rest of his life in jail, that part is true. But there are hundres of people that rob at gun point that get max 25 years. The fact that he was such a celebrity and did what he did previously is what will cause the verdict of life in prison and that to me is wrong. It''s giving a sentence based on what he did in the past.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 9:40:01 AM
Author: fieryred33143

There are people in this world that do much worse things (drug trafficing to minors, raping young girls, kidnapping women to sell them, homicide, etc.) and they only get 5 to 7 years in jail. But OJ is supposed to get life...over this??

Regardless of how you may feel about his character (I too thought he was guilty) that previous case has no bearing on this case whatsoever.

And comments like ''I hope that murderer gets what he deserves'' just proves that a judgment by a jury of your peers doesn''t work.

He may deserve to spend the rest of his life in jail, that part is true. But there are hundres of people that rob at gun point that get max 25 years. The fact that he was such a celebrity and did what he did previously is what will cause the verdict of life in prison and that to me is wrong. It''s giving a sentence based on what he did in the past.

I may be wrong here, but I don''t think that life is a possible sentence. It''s just that the amount of time for each separate felony offense can add up to what will be life for him. He''s over 60 already, and for each count he can get multiple years. Am I wrong? I also read something about how he was found guilty of murder in a civil case, and so that can somehow legally impact his sentencing in this case. I''m not too clear on the technicals of it, that''s just how I understand it in my layman''s mind.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And comments like ''I hope that murderer gets what he deserves'' just proves that a judgment by a jury of your peers doesn''t work.

He can be sentenced up to 20 years for his conviction on twelve counts. That is not life in prison. It simply means that because he is now 60 he would be 80 when released - if he lives that long. It is not 25 years max nor is it life in prison.

If you thought he was guilty the first time, consider the fact that he has lived the past 13 years as a free man. He said he would use his time to find the real killer. Fact is, he spent it on the golf course, partying, etc. Nicole and Ron did not get the benefit of the last 13 years. Fair? Hardly. There''s alot in this life that''s not fair. Truth is, many people feel that he''s finally getting fair. This sentence was not the result of what he did previously. It is a result of his abborhent behavior - once again. He has no one to blame but himself.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 8:50:36 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

He can be sentenced up to 20 years for his conviction on twelve counts. That is not life in prison. It simply means that because he is now 60 he would be 80 when released - if he lives that long. It is not 25 years max nor is it life in prison.

If you thought he was guilty the first time, consider the fact that he has lived the past 13 years as a free man. He said he would use his time to find the real killer. Fact is, he spent it on the golf course, partying, etc. Nicole and Ron did not get the benefit of the last 13 years. Fair? Hardly. There''s alot in this life that''s not fair. Truth is, many people feel that he''s finally getting fair. This sentence was not the result of what he did previously. It is a result of his abborhent behavior - once again. He has no one to blame but himself.
Ditto MissGotRocks. I don''t know how much time he will get, thinking 20 at least. You have 12 counts against him, each count has a minimum. The judge does have the ability to give less, or give the max. December 5th will be an interesting day.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fiery, I believe it was OJ''s choice to be tried by a jury of his peers. I believe he would have had the option to do a bench trial instead, where there is no jury and the judge makes the decision after all of the evidence has been presented. IMO, if OJ chose a jury trial knowing full well what most people think of him, he deserves whatever sentence the jury chooses.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results