shape
carat
color
clarity

Ohhhhhh My GOSH!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Well.......I dont know how to even begin to say thank you to everyone at Pricescope, but more importantly MARK TURNOWSKI!!!!!! I Have received the stone of my dreams!!!!! To say Mark went above and beyond for me would be a understatement! When I opened the box that this stone came in, and then saw the stone, I cried. I immediately called my husband at work, and left a blabbering message for him in tears. The beauty exceeded my expectations. Initally, Mark had sent me a GORGEOUS
SI-2 eye clean 3.20 Round AGS0 HCA 3.5 stone. After having it set in my platinum mounting, I found it too yellow from the pavillion, and at the side.
I was sooo disapointed, but the yellow (even with med flour) was too
yellow! Mark was FANTASTIC!!!! He immediately mailed me a H color stone so I could compare them. Bingo! I knew H was my limit. After looking for a 2-3 weeks Mark located me the following stone:

Here are the stats:

Gia Round 3.01- eye clean
H color
Depth 59.1
Table 58.5%
Crown Angle 32.0
Crown Height 13.0%
Pavil Angle 40.4
Pavil Depth 42.3%
Culet 0.5%
Girdle Sl thick
Slight Flour
polish VG
symmetry VG

Proportion 3
HCA 1.5

Now initially, I was concerned about the crown Angle, as this took this stone out of an AGSO range, and out of the 1B cut of the last
stone, HOWEVER, I was most impressed that the HCA was much better than the previous stone! When I asked Mark he felt it was an
equally beautiful stone. I had Mark send it. I have to say, this stone to my eye, is STUNNING!!!!To my eye it outperforms the AGSO 1B. The stone is sooo brilliant in all kinds of lighting. The other stone, had a darker look indoors, but had more colored light, it to was beautiful, but in a different way. It had a more "organized sparkle"
(from the cut?) This new stone is a glittering white fireball. Outside there are tons of white flashes, and inside tons of color and white flashes mixed. The stone is VERY white... very very hard to see any yellow!
Well, I just returned from the Jewelers, who mounted it for me. This jeweler is located in a Pricey upsale part of town, deals with high end clientle, and has been in business for over 25 years. When one of the employees went to get my ring, the owner of the store ran....yes I literally mean ran(I think he was worried I was about to leave!)
and asked to look at my stone under the scope. Well as he did, he went on and on about what a beautiful Fine Fine make it was, and stated "wow looks like an ideal cut" Needless to say I was floored!!! I was glad I had a counter to hold onto! Ideal cut? Huh?
Well..... it was at that point I realized that the eye WAS the best instrument to determine sparkle, but I also think a good HCA was a HUGE bonus!!!
Well I had to tell this story for many of you who maybe want a bigger stone, but might be worried about compromising sparkle there ARE stones to be had, that can be just as, or MORE
beautiful than an AGSO 1B...it's all in the eye!!!!

Thanks again Mark Turnowsky, you are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures to come soon!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
what??? don't scare me like that and have the inside blank!!
32.gif
2.gif

edit: technical difficulties i assume

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, what???
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"edit: technical difficulties i assume "

more likely posting something and then realizing that it wasn't a surprise after all and then deleting the post....

glam...next time at least write SOMETHING in its place!
9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
lol yeah i should have typed "technical difficulties with the back space button"
1.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn''t it obvious....

Glamgirl is being mugged by a polar bear in a heavy snow storm.

I guess only us northerners could see that.

I hope she survives and can tell us the tale...
2.gif

Perry

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Sorry guys.... I was so excited, I even messed up posting this the right way. See what Bling sparkle does, when your typing with a new rock on!!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WE WANT PICTURES! WE WANT PICTURES!

2.gif
Congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
glamgirl,
I''m soooo happy for you, your diamond sounds terrific!! I can''t wait to see the pictures, I''m glad you found the diamond of your dreams, Congratulations!!
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is awesome. I cannot WAIT tos ee that. But the jeweler running out is SUPER cool. I love when things like that happen.

I had a jeweler that I didn''t buy from (yet anyway) push my prongs down and the owner came out to say I had one of the most stunning stones he had ever seen. I like when I go to Tiffany''s for keyrings (corporate thing we do) and the salespeople freak out over my ring. I get some perverse joy out of telling them it''s a GOOD stone, not a tiffany stone.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Glamgirl...lets see some pic''s...
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dammit man where were you in June! I could have prevented so many other people from wrecking while being blinded.

I cannot wait for my WF wedding band. It might be bad luck but I am SO wearing that on a sunny day.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the picture....

PICT1266_crop2.JPG

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
oh glam, it''s beautiful! love your setting, different from the usual solitaire, very nice! it''s so white and huge
30.gif
more pictures please
emphoto.gif

and i have to agree, mark is the man! we got our diamond from him too, he is awesome
1.gif

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I still cant believe I finally have the stone I have been hoping and dreaming for for so long! The setting is very heavy Platinum 13grms! I paid $230 for it on Ebay! It is a designer named ZE, and my jeweler thought it was a Scott Kay mounting. After I won it on Ebay, I had three e-mails to buy it for much more than what I paid. I decided for now, to put all the money in the center stone. My plan is to buy the Michael B three sided pave with pave prong, or have something similar custom made, within the next year to year and a half.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That honker of a stone is HUGE and very pretty!!! I love the band as well, it looks so classy and feminine the way it tapers near the stone in such a unique way!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice!! more pictures please!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very blinding, uh, i mean, beautiful!!!!
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2005 2:13:56 AM
Author: glamgirl
Thank you! I still cant believe I finally have the stone I have been hoping and dreaming for for so long! The setting is very heavy Platinum 13grms! I paid $230 for it on Ebay! It is a designer named ZE, and my jeweler thought it was a Scott Kay mounting. After I won it on Ebay, I had three e-mails to buy it for much more than what I paid. I decided for now, to put all the money in the center stone. My plan is to buy the Michael B three sided pave with pave prong, or have something similar custom made, within the next year to year and a half.
Wow, Galmgirl, it''s beautiful!! Did you ever find out if the designer Ze is actually Jill Zvaigzne? I talked with her recently, and she seems very nice. She has some lovely pieces, and I''m planning on a pendant by her in the near future.

DiamondLil

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I love your story. I love your ring. I think I can see some of the arrows in the picture. I think that the most important aspect of the ring buying purchase is to work with a vendor you trust. You''ll never be let down. We def need more pictures of that sucker. It''s huge. p.s. I purchased from Mark as well. He doesn''t spend any time on ps b/c his wife will kill him if he spends even more time on diamonds I think....it''s funny how he does no hype here but everyone still loves him. That really says something.
36.gif
I think I''ll be needing a three carat in 2 years for my 5th anniv.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
I agree about Mark. The man is unbelieveable! I live on the west coast, and was most impressed with his professional manner, humor, friendliness, and incrediable dedication to helping me. He would call me even at 6pm 7pm
West coast time (which meant he was still at it late at night his time!) He also constantly updated me, during the search.
Being that he worked at the GIA for many years, his experience was a major asset, and it''s obvious he is commited and loves what he is doing!
Thank you for your compliments! I will post more pictures, hand shots, later today. It''s been raining here in California, so I am waiting for a break in the weather.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
I never was able to find out, so I still dont know bout the ZE. I can tell you it''s very substantial, very sleek, clean, and top quality. It looks extremely similar to the Scott Kay mountings I saw in the shop. The shoulders are nice and thick, and then it tapers much thinner at the back.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring! Your eyes don''t lie!
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I LOVE it.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
What a great story & a great stone!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
And your eBay setting is a major find! I am so happy for you!
36.gif
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your diamond is just breath taking and I love your setting. Loved hearing your story about Mark sounds like he always gets the job done. Now more pictures pleeeaaase?
36.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting
36.gif
36.gif

Now you need these........

fossrimless.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my my.....wonderful stone and outcome. Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results