shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh my! Anyone ever been on kvetch.indiebride.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, they don''t like us PSers, do they?

23.gif

Makes me grateful that my pet forum is a nice, polite, friendly community
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I just took a look... Where are the posts about PS?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t find them, either. What''s the thread called?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:32:18 PM
Author: Tuckins1

Nevermind- I found some. I think it''s really funny that one person said that most of the "diamond crazed ladies" here on PS do not buy there own jewelery... Of course if you are looking in the engagement threads it will be men buying rings for women. But many people here but their own stuff, and work on a lot of projects for themselves...

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Just use the search function for "pricescope". Not really worth it though...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I used to post there, and they all but ripped me apart for having a diamond e-ring and a white wedding dress. Yeah, they got old fast.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Kvetch...there have been incidents before...I think they were all deleted...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:39:35 PM
Date: 12/27/2009 10:32:18 PM

Nevermind- I found some. I think it''s really funny that one person said that most of the ''diamond crazed ladies'' here on PS do not buy there own jewelery... Of course if you are looking in the engagement threads it will be men buying rings for women. But many people here but their own stuff, and work on a lot of projects for themselves...

lol! I was just reading that one. I think it''s "Truly ridiculous" from April 2008 in case anyone is curious.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the one, but I just went back and it's over a year old... and in hindsight, this likely wasn't a good thread to start
15.gif

I found it earlier following bouqet pics through google images, somehow.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
. . . the 'diamond crazed ladies' here on PS . . .

Whew!
Sure glad they're not talking bout ME!
28.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have hated us for awhile. Oh well. Can''t please everyone.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, those threads are a hoot.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t realize that anyone could care enough to post about one forum on another forum.
I think that thread was hilarious, though.

And: Go ebree for supporting her PSers!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 11:01:17 PM
Author: Haven
I didn''t realize that anyone could care enough to post about one forum on another forum.

Ditto-I remember the original drama well! And I love that ebree went over there to regulate!
3.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
one part talks about us "writing in comic sans. which means they have no taste in any facet of their lives..."

font choice? they were making fun of font choice?
its just very hypocritical to read. whatever.

to each their own.

and yes, the facets of our gems are very tasteful.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Whenever I see threads like those on other sites, I get kinda sad. What ever happened to "to each their own?" For what it''s worth, I think the lades (and gents!) here are wonderfully supportive people.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope that thread was what inspired MonkeyPie to post here more. PS wouldn''t be the same without her.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Well, c''mon, the name of the board is "kvetch." Its whole purpose is for members to whine and complain, no?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the thread in question is old, and I do remember the first time it was brought up on here. Despite the fact that some of the girls can be downright mean, they do have some very lovely weddings on there!!

Kenny, You are FUNNY! I am loving your humor lately.
9.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Ha. I don''t post on indiebride at all, but I do find it sort of juicy and love to read back through all the posts.

I always find this funny as well: Indiebride is supposed to be for the ''open minded'' bride. However, it seems to be that people who consider themselves to be so open minded, are in reality the most closed minded people. Just a general observation on my part....

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:51:18 PM
Author: kenny

. . . the ''diamond crazed ladies'' here on PS . . .

Whew!

Sure glad they''re not talking bout ME!
28.gif

9.gif
3.gif

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 10:52:06 AM
Author: girlface
Ha. I don''t post on indiebride at all, but I do find it sort of juicy and love to read back through all the posts.

I always find this funny as well: Indiebride is supposed to be for the ''open minded'' bride. However, it seems to be that people who consider themselves to be so open minded, are in reality the most closed minded people. Just a general observation on my part....
Ditto. For being "open minded", a lot of those brides sure don''t accept other people''s (or at least those who are more traditional) point of view. I''d like to think that one could still be an "indie" bride and like diamonds as well.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow that was 5 minutes I''ll never get back...

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I used to read that board.. never registered. They are very anti materialistic it appears and also very pro "alternative engagement rings". There are many anti diamond threads and I cannot ever be a member where the anti diamond sentiment is encouraged!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
It does seem that when there is a community that hinges on having to justify your authenticity, like with being "indie," some people get a little obsessed with posturing. I get my share of that in graduate school, and don''t need it as part of my leisure. I am sure they are an overall good group of people with a few, loud-mouths who feel inclined to try to out-indie one another. I personally got some great ideas from there, though, via google searches, and credit them to a whole bunch of saved money and helpful ideas.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never heard of the site until now. . .

On another forum I read, (can I post the name?), every time I bring up diamond posts, out of the numerous responses, there is always someone mentioning and raving about PS.
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock

I made the mistake of linking to a "Knot" thread here one time. This bride who took some VERY bad advice and made a bad etiquette snafu, was being berated by the other members. I just couldn''t believe it, and felt so bad for her.

That turned into a Forum Battle Royale. Never again.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 9:11:11 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I hope that thread was what inspired MonkeyPie to post here more. PS wouldn''t be the same without her.

Actually, yes, it was.
9.gif
Funny, they thought they were putting you guys down but they actually just scared me off.

Plus, when I went back to look around just now I found the old posts where they asked why I had chest tattoos and didn''t want anyone to be ogling them. They acted like I was a skank that didn''t want to ADMIT to being a skank. Oh, the joys of extreme feminism. They need moderators really bad.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 12:32:45 PM
Author: steph72276
Wow that was 5 minutes I'll never get back...
ditto.

ETA: What cara said about the judgemental mothering was spot on though. I was thinking that before I even read.

Too bad women can't be more supportive of one another. We all try so hard.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 3:21:33 PM
Author: meresal

I made the mistake of linking to a ''Knot'' thread here one time. This bride who took some VERY bad advice and made a bad etiquette snafu, was being berated by the other members. I just couldn''t believe it, and felt so bad for her.

That turned into a Forum Battle Royale. Never again.
the KNOT can get VICIOUS. There was a girl on the Disney boards that posted photos of her engagement ring and the knot started an entire thread talking about how cheap and tacky it was! Then someone POSTED THE LINK on her thread in the disney boards! OUCH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results