shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh lord Help me! Fairy dust me please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

My father and his wife are coming over for dinner tonight. I went vegan 4 months ago so the entire dinner is vegan. Tell me if the menu sounds good or should I just take them out to a nice place to eat.
Mini vegan quiches
Tomato soup
Fresh made bread
Curried lentil stew
Nann (Indian bread for the curry)
Cornbread
Sty fry with veggies
And for dessert scones with a fresh berry puree, almond cookies, and ginger rice pudding.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Im not vegan but I would eat it. I think it sounds fine. As long as they know that you are vegan they should respect your decision.

Good luck!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
First of all YOU ROCK!
36.gif

Yes...darlin...youa gonna need a ton a dusta!!! Your father a carnivore? I''ll be sending a pizza guy over...with dust...special delivery...extra large...with bread sticks just in case! Ding Dong...dust delivery!!

Just kidding that menu sounds perfect. He loves you...and she promised to love him and so it goes. I am proud of you for sticking with your principles. They are guests in your home and it will be refreshing introduction into your new way of living. The real test won''t be tonight...but if they accept your next invitation!

You and your guests will have a great time together...(or have had) if I am late in replying...and that is the most important aspect. An enlightening evening all the way around!!

Good job girlie!!
36.gif
Love to have your Quickie recipe!!

DKS

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sounds yummy! But can I ask how a quiche of any kind can be vegan? Doesn''t quiche have eggs? Or does this one not, and if so, if it''s good, can you post the recipe on the veg thread?!? Thanks...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 6:58:03 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
First of all YOU ROCK!
36.gif

Yes...darlin...youa gonna need a ton a dusta!!! Your father a carnivore? I'll be sending a pizza guy over...with dust...special delivery...extra large...with bread sticks just in case! Ding Dong...dust delivery!!
that would be me, cept id bring my own.
otherwise id just be eating bread and cornbread and maybe stir fry and stopping by BK on the way home. LOL

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Maisie,

That menu sounds wonderful to me! If they can''t come... may I???!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Knock ''em dead, girl... you done good!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Macie: ;if they don''t eat it please save it for me....just kidding it sounds great..
DKS and Strm you are both so funny here...I have to laugh just reading your commentary..

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Success
36.gif

Both my father and step mom yes carnivorous loved the food! My dad who was a pilot said the curry tasted just like the curry he use to buy in India. The quiche was home made using an egg replacement, and nutritional yeast, with a creamy vegan tofu filling lots of fresh herbs, and veggies.
The only thing the scones I thought where nasty, everyone loved them, but due to being hypoglycemic I use splenda and do not like the after taste
7.gif
. The other desserts where made with sugar and where yummy.

Door knob I think I did good they want to try the seitan that I am frying up with rice noodles for lunch tomorrow.

Strm it ok when my bother comes over to eat he normaly bring a hamburger with him ( he hates tofu)
14.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
As I said...you ROCK! Glad it went so well. How great your guests were to be so accommodating. Grace was abundantly exchanged...apparently.

Besides your disappointment in the scones, was there anything in your menu planning you would have done differently? Did you serve in courses...or all together?

Did you shag them on their way home to see if they stopped at BK where storm was?
2.gif

DKS

recipe request on the Quickie

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very impressive. I too was wondering how the quiche would work. Sounds like a LOT of work.
2.gif
I once made a vegan cake....it unfortunately was
14.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great dinner menu Macie!!! I was OOT yesterday and just now saw your thread and I''m glad to hear everything went over well with your family.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results