shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh Christmas Sphene oh Christmas Sphene

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just say that I am in love with this sphene??? Well I am! I was weary of it when I bought it. It was marketed as a color change sphene. I know when I saw color change I should have ran, but I thought for the price and the video (click here for listing) it was worth a look. And I am so pleasantly surprised, giddy even. I love the dimensions of the cut and the color is a great forest green and has some amazing amazing red fire to it in sunlight (which I don''t have much of today, stupid rain) and then when it''s under incandescent lighting (the only incandescent bulbs left in the house are in our old flash lights lol) it catches fire and turns a fiery orange and red depending on the intensity. At night if it even comes close to an incandescent light it just catches fire exactly like what the video on the site does
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

christmassphene.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking through some photos from its first photo shoot and found some with the beautiful fire that happens in natural sunlight
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

christmasspheneonfire.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is PLAIN AWESOME!
36.gif

I love sphene, but can never find it clean enough for my taste.

EXCELLENT purchase! Only $10? Wow!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never heard of a colour change sphene but the dispersion on these stones are amazing, aren’t they?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very pretty! I love the shots where you can see the flecks of red dispersion in the green stone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif
Considering whats in my avatar can you tell I''m digging it?
9.gif

-A

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Ilander thank you, my first sphene has a huge inclusion that scares me as it crosses the entire stone, but it sparkles like mad

Chrono I know what you mean, neither had I but I bit off and was wowed. I tested my other sphene, it''s more chartreuse, and it shifted color to a more mustard tone, ick! lol and yeah the dispersion is mesmerizing, but why oh why can''t it be a harder stone??? As a guy I don''t see myself wearing a dainty little pear shaped stone off my neck lol

Indy me too! I am so in love with this stone. I''m really into the nice green of this stone and am looking for a bigger squarer cut, either in this nice dark green or a nice chartreusey yellow green.

Arcadian I can tell you''re digging it :D lol what are the dimensions of your av? and where did you get it? I''m looking for something similar but in colors stated above.

Thanks guys :D

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool stone, congratulations! I love the colors in it and especially the dramatic color change.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one in my av I do believe is the 5ct sphene. I''ve got another that pretty much identical thats a bit over 4 1/2 cts. I purchased mine from exportgems on ebay. Of the 4 I purchased from them, there''s only 1 I should have probably sent back because its got a funky window in it, but considering shipping would have been more then I paid for it, I just didn''t bother.

I will say that if you buy, study their photos well. I''ve had good luck with them on most of my purchases sans the one. I still want to get at least one with a gold/brown body color. (I kinda have my eye on one
3.gif
)

Granted, I spent a bit more than 10 bucks...lol but I got a good deal for what I paid.

-A

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful stone!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, that's one of the most fantastic color change I've ever seen! When I looked at the top 2 picts I was thinking okay.. and then the one in orange, just WOW.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 5:11:51 PM
Author: Arcadian
The one in my av I do believe is the 5ct sphene. I''ve got another that pretty much identical thats a bit over 4 1/2 cts. I purchased mine from exportgems on ebay. Of the 4 I purchased from them, there''s only 1 I should have probably sent back because its got a funky window in it, but considering shipping would have been more then I paid for it, I just didn''t bother.

I will say that if you buy, study their photos well. I''ve had good luck with them on most of my purchases sans the one. I still want to get at least one with a gold/brown body color. (I kinda have my eye on one
3.gif
)

Granted, I spent a bit more than 10 bucks...lol but I got a good deal for what I paid.

-A
Thanks Arc! now you''ve exposed me to another E-Bay seller! my wallet thanks you
2.gif
lol

Crasru thank you! I''m smitten

Chic, I''m still amazed at what the stone can do!

This stone is too impressive to keep in my treasure chest, do any of you think it could be pulled off as a mans necklace?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2010 6:24:15 AM
Author: davi_el_mejor

3.gif
)

-A
Thanks Arc! now you''ve exposed me to another E-Bay seller! my wallet thanks you
2.gif
lol

This stone is too impressive to keep in my treasure chest, do any of you think it could be pulled off as a mans necklace?

LOL You''re welcome!!
2.gif
You may be able to find some at any of the custom cutters around here too. Gene had cut one that was soooo drool worthy!

I think it would look really nice as manly choker
1.gif
Just be really sure that whomever sets it is very experienced.

I had one of mine made into a ring. Another is on a waiting list to have a ring made and yet another is going to be an enhancer for my my pearls. Loving Diamonds also has sphene rings. I don''t wear mine all that often, mostly just to dinner, and I''m quite careful when I do.

-A

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2010 3:10:12 PM

Date: 6/12/2010 6:24:15 AM
Author: davi_el_mejor

3.gif
)

-A
2.gif
lol

LOL You''re welcome!!
2.gif
You may be able to find some at any of the custom cutters around here too. Gene had cut one that was soooo drool worthy!

I think it would look really nice as manly choker
1.gif
Just be really sure that whomever sets it is very experienced.

I had one of mine made into a ring. Another is on a waiting list to have a ring made and yet another is going to be an enhancer for my my pearls. Loving Diamonds also has sphene rings. I don''t wear mine all that often, mostly just to dinner, and I''m quite careful when I do.

-A
First -good for you, David! I came across their listing, but they have many negatives per toolhaus and I passed on them. You risked, and it paid!

Arcadian - I always thought that "manly choker" was a garrotte.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 1:17:35 AM
Author: crasru

First -good for you, David! I came across their listing, but they have many negatives per toolhaus and I passed on them. You risked, and it paid!

Arcadian - I always thought that ''manly choker'' was a garrotte.
I looked at the feedback objectively, most of the bad was for diamonds and honestly, who in their right mind buys a single .09 ugly brown diamond and expects to be happy? It was either diamonds or tanzanite with bad feedback, and those are my two stones I will never buy off eBay. You''re right I got lucky :D lol

and that garrote
emdgust.gif
face7.gif
not quite what i had in mind! lol

my mind is trying to figure out to use it in the top middle portion of a fleur-de-lis set onto a block of metal (stainless or something like that(probably a fabricaters nightmare)) IDK if it''s even possible with such a soft stone but I''ve got NYC to choose jewelers in so I''m sure I could find someone skilled enough.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Cool stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results