shape
carat
color
clarity

Often see bubbles as inclusions in spinels

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow they are HEAVILY included...sorry not really answering any question...:)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a spinel with one or a few bubbles, and you would be hard pressed to see them with the naked eye, so in that case, they don''t bother me at all. In fact I like that they''re there because the stone can be deemed as natural if they''re typical natural inclusions. The stones you picked are rather heavily included, and a bit too obvious for my taste.

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
I suspect that if these stones were recut to the proper angels, a some of the inclusions would be masked and it might face up reasonably well. That being said, they would definitely need a recut. These are classic examples of poorly "native" cut stones.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never seen spinels that heavily included. The pear shaped violet blue spinel Ijust used in my necklace was eye clean and loupe clean, so looking at those examples was a surprise.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
i do like some inclusions. its really neat. its like owning a piece of nature''s artwork =) sometimes its because of inclusions that allows others to actually afford a gemstone. i just wonder whats in those bubbles....

perhaps pockets of air that will shed light on what the environment was back then?
or gasp! it might contain some poisonous air!??!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 3:06:36 PM
Author: haagen_dazs
i do like some inclusions. its really neat. its like owning a piece of nature''s artwork =) sometimes its because of inclusions that allows others to actually afford a gemstone. i just wonder whats in those bubbles....

perhaps pockets of air that will shed light on what the environment was back then?
or gasp! it might contain some poisonous air!??!
Mark,
If you read the link I shared in my post earlier here, it explains what those bubbles really are (not quite bubbles), complete with microphotography.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
oppz forgot to read your link =p
hehe okok crystals they are =)

Nacre

Rough_Rock
The only natural organic gemstone which has bubbles in it is amber.

You don''t want to see bubbles in any other gemstone as it is an indication of synthetic growth, glass or fracture filling.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results