shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC wedding set

Rosiedovepink

Rough_Rock
Hello, I was hoping to get alittle expert opinions. I purchased this wedding set from eBay for 5469 with shipping. I'm starting to worry I paid too much. The appraisal is about 6000 I believe( I'll attach the picture. The center is a 2.12 carat I2 and E color. What do you guys think? Did I spend way too much?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosiedovepink

Rough_Rock
20220530_172959_001.jpg 20220606_091924.jpg 20220603_142820.jpg

Attachments

• 20220610_190915.jpg
    20220610_190915.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 33

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I give opinion
Are you wanting opinions because you are simply blindly curious or because you have a return period?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you return this?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
looks like your personal info might be on the appraisal I would remove that

Rosiedovepink

Rough_Rock
Before I give opinion
Are you wanting opinions because you are simply blindly curious or because you have a return period?

I have a return period but i think it might be passed it .

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s hard to comparison shop by going off the (not via a non-biased source?) appraisal.
Vs a GIA report.
Still those numbers only tell part of the story on valuing /comparison shopping oec/omc. Prices can and do vary on the make/performance and facet pattern of the stone as a whole.

I could only guess that your stone is not a E, nor is it a I1, by GIA standards.

Is this a big look of a stone/ring that you probably could not get cheaper than what you did? Possibly.

Could you get a smaller centerstone with out a feather under the table (and/or less black inclusions for clear ones) and have a GIA report included? Of course.

How ‘bad’ is that feather?
Mind clean or the stones integrity?
Hard to say.

Please note my comments to you are from someone with an OEC with a pretty visible feather.
We all (or most of us) make concessions for the different priority choices we make.
People vary in that.

Since you are past your return period-
I hope you love your ring and can come to peace with it.
You can always have it independently appraised and or sent to a lab if you are still curious.

Last edited:

Rosiedovepink

Rough_Rock
It’s hard to comparison shop by going off the (not via a non-biased source?) appraisal.
Vs a GIA report.
Still those numbers only tell part of the story on valuing /comparison shopping oec/omc. Prices can and do vary on the make/performance and facet pattern of the stone as a whole.

I could only guess that your stone is not a E, nor is it a I1, by GIA standards.

Is this a big look of a stone/ring that you probably could not get cheaper than what you did? Possibly.

Could you get a smaller centerstone with out a feather under the table (and/or less black inclusions for clear ones) and have a GIA report included? Of course.

How ‘bad’ is that feather?
Mind clean or the stones integrity?
Hard to say.

Please note my comments to you are from someone with an OEC with a pretty visible feather.
We all (or most of us) make concessions for the different priority choices we make.
People vary in that.

Since you are past your return period-
I hope you love your ring and can come to peace with it.
You can always have it independently appraised and or sent to a lab if you are still curious.

Thank you so much for your reply. You are right on all accounts.
I had almost purchased it twice before ,a year ago. Maybe two years ago. I kept talking myself out of it for fear that it wouldn't sparkle and it was so close to the appraisal value.
I ended up speaking to the person selling it and feeling more confident the longer we spoke about why she decided to find it a new home and videos she sent.
I guess my biggest thing is I have a 1.3 carat OEC that's more brown but has wonderful clarity. Sparkling more than I thought possible.
I am constantly comparing it to my original diamond that was much cheaper. I keep wondering if I made a mistake by purchasing this one based on a whiter color and more beautiful setting. It does still sparkle alot more than diamonds I have compared locally. It's hard to see the facet pattern.
In reality I guess I should just be happy I have it and not worry so much about the cost.

Rosiedovepink

Rough_Rock
Hello, I was hoping to get alittle expert opinions. I purchased this wedding set from eBay for 5469 with shipping. I'm starting to worry I paid too much. The appraisal is about 6000 I believe( I'll attach the picture. The center is a 2.12 carat I2 and E color. What do you guys think? Did I spend way too much?

Screenshot_20220624-161048_Poshmark.jpg

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I think that’s a big, bold look for not a lot of money. It looks like you paid about 87% of the appraised value, with shipping. (I am assuming the price was for the entire set, which includes a lot of side stones and metal as well.) I really like the style.

I understand the concern with it being close to appraised value, but when it comes down to it, it’s like a car. Could you have gotten a better deal? Maybe. In the end, are you happy to have it? If you love seeing it on your finger, than you have your answer.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a lot of look right there, love that! As far as the inclusions, as long as they don’t present a structural risk, then I see no problem.

I can definitely see the appeal, like someone said up thread (apologies, I’m being lazy by not looking) we usually have to make some kind of sacrifice when buying jewelry. If you’re happy with it then that’s what matters.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know if the price is good or bad but if you love it, then keep it and don’t worry about the price being (possibly) a bit high. It’s a unique piece so you can’t just find another one easily. If you don’t love it when it’s on your hand because it doesn’t sparkle enough or the conclusions are visible, then you should ask to return it. You could ask a local gemologist or appraiser if they would rate the stone as high as the appraisal and if not, then open a case with eBay or PayPal. It might not be too late if you are just now realizing it doesn’t match the description. Your credit card might have protection too.

But again, if you love it and would hate to send it back, then don’t worry about whether you may have paid a bit too much.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
First of all, the setting is gorgeous, and unique. Second, I do not believe that diamond came with it. That is a one of a kind piece created for the user way back in the day. I'm positive whomever it originally belonged to, had the funds to put a cleaner center in. Please keep in mind, these are my opinions and none of this can be backed unless the origin was traced by the vendor. But whomever you purchased it from [probably 2 dealers back] took out the original center because it would have been worth a fortune and plopped this in.

You can always resale it back into the market and make your money. I have to say? I'm enamored with it myself and would never let it go. I would go on the quest to find a new center, and sell the center stone you have now to fund the project. I would never let that setting go. It's amazing. <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results