shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC Diamond Specs and Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decolady

Rough_Rock

1.35 OEC
7.41 7.57x3.83MM
N color
SI-2 clarity
TABLE 50%
DEPTH 51.2%.
GIRDLE-THIN TO MEDIUM
POLISH-GOOD
SYMMETRY-FAIR.
SMALL TABLE
LARGE CULET

Small Chip barely visable to the eye, considered an inclusion. Eye clean otherwise.

How do the numbers add up for eye appeal
1.gif
I have no real issue with the chip because a prong could cover it and I love the warmer colors. What (if any) other issues might this have? Thanks in advance!

gracie007

Rough_Rock
I am a firm believer in seeing it..if you like it then, who cares about the numbers!
The depth, i think , is very low. At least I know it is for Cushions. But I have seen pretty cushions with very low depths..so again..if your eyes like it....:) good luck

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Total depth could be a "major" problem since its an OEC (Round not cushiony).
But on the other hand, it is nececary to visualize the stone with your eyes as it could potentialy be a gorgeous spready stone...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 'eye clean' quality sounds like a bonus. Color is good or bad - as you like it. I know I would
5.gif

If it wasn't for the large culet I would worry that the low depth may imply that the pavilion angles are too shallow for the stone to be reasonably brilliant. As is, I can't get a good idea of how it might look ('large culet' is not a precise measurement). All in all, I would not care for precise measurements anyway (knowing the likelihood of obtaining any is not good). Online it would be difficult to evaluate brilliance given that pictures are not too revealing in this regard unless the precise photographic setup is known (and even then
7.gif
). Specialized images taken in a controlled environment (Ideal Scope or ASET are such tools) would help. Without some ways to 'show' this diamond here... you know ten times more about it having seen it in person. IMO, at least.

My 2c...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results