shape
carat
color
clarity

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All! I know we''re a jewelry-focused, engagement, wedding forum, but as we''re all in relationships and most of us are women (shout out to the men!) I wanted to share since October is Domestic Violence Awareness month and domestic violence touches each of us in ways we don''t even realize.

Did you know 1 in 4 women will be a victim at some point in her life? More than 1.3 million women are physically assaulted by an intimate partner each year -- and this is only those assaults that are reported! Shocking isn''t it? And funny how it feels like the word "domestic" modifies the word violence...

This month every day a different victim will share her story. I encourage everyone to follow along - these memoirs are staggering and heartfelt. http://jwiblog.org//

If you need help, think you may be a victim, or just want to donate to a good cause, please visit: http://www.ndvh.org

Please help spread awareness about Domestic Violence.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Megumic, thank you for posting this. I''m a survivor.
emrose.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing Irishgrrrl. I am thankful you are a survivor and are able to speak about it. I''m sure there are so many more survivors, as well as victims on this message board. We all need to support each other and talk about the issues we face in this battle against domestic violence, as it affects women in more ways than we know.

For example, some health insurance companies deny women coverage because being beaten by your husband is a pre-existing condition. I continue to be outraged.

Thanks again for sharing
1.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting, my Mom is survivor, she went thru hell with my biological Father
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this. I know someone who is going through it, so it hits close to home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results