shape
carat
color
clarity

Ocean Proposal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

The_Running_Realtor

Rough_Rock
This has probably been thought of a hundred times but my GF and I love the ocean and are going there soon. We love to walk on the beach at sunset and listen to the water. I was thinking of having a message in a bottle made (lots of places online) and just put a message in the bottle telling her how much she means to me, etc. I would tell her I was going out for a run (I run a lot, hence the name) and then bury the bottle somewhere on the beach with the neck pf the bottle sticking out. Later, when we go for our walk I will casually suggest we sit and just watch the ocean but will make sure we sit near the bottle. Hopefully she will she it on her own and dig it out and even open it and read the message. I think it would be very cool to have her somewhat do it herself. I would then propose. I am nervous just thinking about it.

What do you guys think?

The Running Realtor

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
That's a cool idea!

I would make sure that the bottle catches her eye just in case she thinks it's just polution or something! And you need to make sure the bottle catches YOUR eye so you aren't dragging her on a really long walk in circles all over the beach. lol.

Maybe you could print on brightly colored paper to help you remember the spot and guarantees that she see it?

Or, an even better idea...you could position a large pretty seashell or starfish next to the bottle--I know when I'm on the beach I can't help but notice stuff like that. If she goes for the seashell and ignores the bottle you could always be like, "Is that a message in a bottle?!" so she picks it up to look.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
BTW: How much time will there be between when you go out for a jog and when you two go on your walk? You don''t want someone else to find the bottle! Maybe you could get two bottles and use one of them as a back-up plan just in case.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I love it. So perfect for your lifestyle!

You will have to continue the theme over the years...you can leave her love notes in bottles. Movie tickets, or plane tickets or vacation plans...it can be a theme you can thread in your lives over the years. Leave one buried in the garden...or in the bath you draw for her...or under her pillow...vegetable drawer. When you buy her pearls or jewelry no need for a box!! Leave her cash for a new dress or spa treatments. I bet you will need a display shelf to house all the bottles. She will never want to toss them!

Wouldn't it be cool if you could send wedding invitations in bottles?

Oh...Sting has a song Message in a Bottle...and there is a great Nicolas Sparks novel..and then a movie made after the same title...(romantic it is...ending sad...)

Cool idea. I do like a back up just incase~ as suggested. You would be so deflated if you made it to the spot only to find it trampled by some stranger...a PIRATE!! Ar ar matie.

Creative idea, fella...go for it!!
2.gif

DKS

Oh make sure you estimate tide right!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
door knob solitaire...you CAN send wedding invitations in a bottle! Lookey here: http://www.invitationinabottle.com/beach.aspx

It would be awesome to make those your invitations running realtor!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
OH wow Lucky star...you have opened new horizons for me!!

Ok running realtor...it is apparent I am really getting into this theme. Just tell me where the beach is and which girl she is and I will take care of rest! I''ve got it undercontrol, and I''ve got the bottle theme going for you for at least 50 years! (You don''t need this right away but you will... did you know they make huge 3 or 4 foot tall baby bottles in see through plastic that you put baby gifts in?) Like I said got the bottle thing undercontrol.

Pathetic isn''t it? I get too excited for you guys! I need to get a hobby!!

DKS

AndyR1976

Rough_Rock
You know what - that is abvsolutely a brilliant idea!

I would want to make the bottle look old and authentic - search around for an old bottle and cork!!

I can see it now, a walk on the beach....wathcing hte sun set, sitting down and

hey honey...whats that....a bottle??

She gets all excited about finding some treasure,

whilst she''s reading the message (that you have planted) you slip the ring out of your pocket!!

perfect!!

Some things to be aware of

Do a practive run on making sure that you can actually get the letter out of a bottle once its in their. You don''t want to be sitting on the beach frustrated cause the letter has unravelled and won''t come out!!

Second, having a spare bottle buried in another location would be a good idea - just in case.

Third, check to tide - you don''t want to be swimming to collect a bottle you planted 3 hours earlier!!

Great idea though - really great!

NewUser

Rough_Rock
I think that is a great idea, but I am not sure how you would ensure that she would see the bottle and decide to open it.

effincy

Rough_Rock
I agree, this is a terrific idea. I love it. I myself am exploring ideas for proposal
5.gif
. Let us know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results