shape
carat
color
clarity

Obama''s Car

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far as I''m concerned, everyone in politics is a hypocrite at some point. If you want to win an election, you have to play the game. (That may not be the best news, but it''s the truth). If he gets blasted, and it makes him go out and get a more fuel-efficient vehicle, then the end result is achieved regardless.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2008 4:26:59 PM
Author: elledizzy5
As far as I''m concerned, everyone in politics is a hypocrite at some point. If you want to win an election, you have to play the game. (That may not be the best news, but it''s the truth). If he gets blasted, and it makes him go out and get a more fuel-efficient vehicle, then the end result is achieved regardless.
I totally agree, Elle!
36.gif

I wonder how much blasting it would take to get the McCains to trade in, oh let''s say only five or six of their 13 cars (many of which are foreign) for an American hybrid?
33.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
What really grinds my gears (hee! love that saying) is the comments on the bottom of articles like these.

I can''t believe people change their votes because of stuff like this. I mean, I realize this is the internet, and there''s a good chance they''re just trying to ruffle some e-feathers, but seriously -- talk about flip-flopping!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2008 4:34:32 PM
What really grinds my gears (hee! love that saying) is the comments on the bottom of articles like these.

I can''t believe people change their votes because of stuff like this. I mean, I realize this is the internet, and there''s a good chance they''re just trying to ruffle some e-feathers, but seriously -- talk about flip-flopping!!
Very appropriate saying! LOL!
28.gif

And I agree . . . I really don''t think this is a valid reason for someone to change their vote.
38.gif

The fact is, Mr. Obama could have simply said "Oh, well . . . I like my 300C and I plan to continue driving it." But he DID NOT do that! He did the environmentally responsible thing by trading in the 300C for an Escape Hybrid. What more would people have him do?!?! Some people are just never satisfied I guess.
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 4:38:01 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Date: 9/22/2008 4:34:32 PM

Very appropriate saying! LOL!
28.gif

And I agree . . . I really don''t think this is a valid reason for someone to change their vote.
38.gif

The fact is, Mr. Obama could have simply said ''Oh, well . . . I like my 300C and I plan to continue driving it.'' But he DID NOT do that! He did the environmentally responsible thing by trading in the 300C for an Escape Hybrid. What more would people have him do?!?! Some people are just never satisfied I guess.
20.gif

I guess sometimes we forget that candidates are people, too. I realize we hold them to a higher standard, but I can''t imagine the kind of dirt that would turn up if people started comparing EVERYTHING I ever said to EVERYTHING I''ve ever done!
6.gif

McCain and Co. have 13 cars -- good for them. Obama and Co. have 1 - good for them. I''m more interested in the fact that people care so much! I wonder why it''s such a HUGE deal? So much so, that it''s newsworthy. (This is not a dig at the OP, just the fact that there actually IS an article to post!)

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Not to mention that Obama only has one car not 13 like McCain.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
And then of course there is that whole "McCain has 13 cars" thing. That hasn''t been mentioned yet, has it?

3.gif

j/k

It''s nice to see that under all that glitz and glamour there is a regular old politician like everyone else.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 5:05:13 PM
Author: luckystar112
And then of course there is that whole ''McCain has 13 cars'' thing. That hasn''t been mentioned yet, has it?

3.gif

j/k

It''s nice to see that under all that glitz and glamour there is a regular old politician like everyone else.

Wait, what is that you say? McCain has 13 cars???? OMG I had no idea! I''m REALLY voting for Obama now!
20.gif
2.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 5:05:13 PM
Author: luckystar112
And then of course there is that whole ''McCain has 13 cars'' thing. That hasn''t been mentioned yet, has it?

3.gif

j/k

The REALITY is both candidates live in hotels and have drivers.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I might care if this article wasn''t over a year old. Now, if he had been on the trail for 19 mos and was just now making the switch, maybe I would arch an eyebrow. Must be nice to be able to afford to just up and by a hybrid at your whim. My boyfriend''s dad has a 300C hemi, and my parents have an escape (non hybrid). I''d take the hemi, hands down, no questions.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results