shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Trip Report: Upgrade Shopping Has Begun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
That 10 carat cushion KILLS me!
I'm lying here passed out!
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 11:12:25 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Date: 1/7/2008 10:59:41 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Here is the 13.03 carat square EC 14.26x13.5x8.21 D FL
I really like this one on your hand as well.
That one is very nice. And a more modest size than the RA.
31.gif
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
These are all so incredibly beautiful DB!
30.gif

In a strange way I am glad that I am not in your position. I would go mad
37.gif
if I actually had to make that choice. I would want all of them!!

They really all compliment your finger or maybe it is just the grace with which you wear them. The one your DH said was too big for your finger is a tad big, however, I have no doubt that you would be able to rock that bad boy and make it work. It is gorgeous!

I am so excited thinking about the choice you have before you ... Please keep us updated. I can't wait to see which one you decide to adopt into your lovely jewelry family.

Edit -- Question: What is your criteria? What are you looking for to satisfy your upgrade requirement? Something you fall in love with or are you looking for a particular caratage etc, in addition, to something you fall in love with?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Thanks for sharing! Those are awesome pics. I love that emerald. The color and clarity are amazing! I can''t wait to see what you pick out!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that was quite a treat!

I really like the very first one (10 ct. square emerald) on you the best, and my second favorite would be the 10 ct. cushion. The others are magnificent, but they need a lady with gigantic fingers to wear them!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 10:42:52 PM
Here I am with the 29.?? cushion, the 21.16 asscher and the 13.?? carat cushion [also D FL, can''t find the cert!]
Can''t believe I''m gonna say this because asschers are my thing but...I''m not sure I like the 21 ct asscher. It looks too much like the doorknobs on my Grandma''s old house! (Sorry! Now the asscher gods will smite me.)

Sorry to your hubby but that massive cusion looks GOOOOOOD on your hand. In this pic it looks really natural & not freakishly huge or anything. Of course it IS freakishly huge - but you can carry it off.
9.gif

The big cushion is just prettier than the smaller one - nothing to do with size - just the way the stone looks. From the pics at least.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 11:17:43 PM
Date: 1/7/2008 10:42:52 PM

Here I am with the 29.?? cushion, the 21.16 asscher and the 13.?? carat cushion [also D FL, can''t find the cert!]

Can''t believe I''m gonna say this because asschers are my thing but...I''m not sure I like the 21 ct asscher. It looks too much like the doorknobs on my Grandma''s old house! (Sorry! Now the asscher gods will smite me.)

Sorry to your hubby but that massive cusion looks GOOOOOOD on your hand. In this pic it looks really natural & not freakishly huge or anything. Of course it IS freakishly huge - but you can carry it off.
9.gif

The big cushion is just prettier than the smaller one - nothing to do with size - just the way the stone looks. From the pics at least.

The 21 carat asscher was one of the most spectacular stones I have ever seen - a true work of art. The pics do not do it justice.

The 29 cushion I thought looked great. And, it is NOT too big. However, both it and the big asscher will have to be relegated to upgrading the upgrade status for now.

This trip was primarily for size calibration. It looks like we will be landing in the 12ish carat range. I''m thinking it will be a cushion [I have never owned one and have always wanted one] but the EC''s were also gorgeous. I know that I am not interested in a RB in that size. I am also not interested in a marquise, pear, white radiant or princess or heart. DH and I are also having the battle of the specs. He wants whiter/higher clarity. I am more "flexible". Graff is checking for cushions. We''ll see what they come up with. Apparently, well cut large cushions are not readily available and when they do come on, they are scooped up quite quickly.

Jeez, I''m getting into overload again!!! If I am rambling I apologize.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Who ever made that doorknob comment about the huge asscher... darn you! That is all I can see now too- especially with the side pic/hand shot. My grandmother use to have glass doorknobs that i LOVED... you can buy them at Anthropology and I always check them out while in that store.

I am not tring to say this in a nasty way (even though I AM GREEN WITH ENVY)... but since cost clearly is not a factor...

how ARE you going to decide on just one?? What are the factors? they are ALL great color, cut, clarity, yada yada yada.

I feel crazy saying this... but if you are sticking with a white diamond... I think the ONLY ONE that serioulsy looks like an UPGRADE next to your beautiful Rb... is that huge 29ct cushion. The "too big on your hand" comment about that one should be tossed out the window because wearing ANY of those rocks might knock somone out. I guess since DH might have something to do with paying... his opinion matters a tiny bit... but THAT huge cushion is THE ULTIMATE UPGRADE.

Everything else sort of looks same (in a very good way!) but different shape.

I also like the 10 ct cushion with pave around it... but I think this is because style is just different than other solitiares. Even you say for yourself that in real life your current e-ring looks as good as the 10 ct on your finger.

Sooooo... go for the gold and get the 29 ct cushion!!!!

-------------

ok- just read your last post. if 29 ct stone is the upgrade to this current upgrade... I agree and try to find the best 10ct cushion out there!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
iwanttheparaibaiwanttheparaibaiwanttheparaibaiwanttheparaiba
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
, can you hear my heavy breathing, i know you can''t heart my heart beating because it isn''t, i think i''m unconscious, somebody pinch me, where''s my debrillator?
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
iwanttheparaibaiwanttheparaibaiwanttheparaibaiwanttheparaiba
23.gif

I''m casting my vote for something akin to the 29 carat cushion. There''s something funky looking about the 10 carat one. In one of the pics it looks like it has fisheye.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iwanttheparaiba

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata, if you'd like to rationalise away the Paraiba, it's both windowed and green-blue (rather than blue-green). Help?
1.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2008 11:49:58 PM
Author: Harriet
Matata, if you''d like to rationalise away the Paraiba, it''s both windowed and green-blue (rather than blue-green). Help?
1.gif

Thanks Harriet, I tried rationalizing, meditating, and my signature vodka tonic and istillwanttheparaiba but not as bad as the 5 carat cognac colored diamond I tried on yesterday
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 10:53:35 PM
Here I am with the 10.11 E VS1 cushion. 13.59x12.32x7.99mm 64.9% depth, 64% table. This is also a candidate:
Leviev%2010%20c%20cushion%20E%20VS1%20b.jpg
DiamanteBlu, this one and the EC are my favorite on your hand!
daydreaming.gif
Heck I think you could rock any of those huge rocks!
3.gif
drool.gif
Thanks for sharing and can't wait to hear what you get
31.gif
11.gif
9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 11:39:28 PM
Author: Green with Envy
Who ever made that doorknob comment about the huge asscher... darn you! That is all I can see now too- especially with the side pic/hand shot. My grandmother use to have glass doorknobs that i LOVED... you can buy them at Anthropology and I always check them out while in that store.

I am not tring to say this in a nasty way (even though I AM GREEN WITH ENVY)... but since cost clearly is not a factor...

how ARE you going to decide on just one?? What are the factors? they are ALL great color, cut, clarity, yada yada yada.

I feel crazy saying this... but if you are sticking with a white diamond... I think the ONLY ONE that serioulsy looks like an UPGRADE next to your beautiful Rb... is that huge 29ct cushion. The ''too big on your hand'' comment about that one should be tossed out the window because wearing ANY of those rocks might knock somone out. I guess since DH might have something to do with paying... his opinion matters a tiny bit... but THAT huge cushion is THE ULTIMATE UPGRADE.

Everything else sort of looks same (in a very good way!) but different shape.

I also like the 10 ct cushion with pave around it... but I think this is because style is just different than other solitiares. Even you say for yourself that in real life your current e-ring looks as good as the 10 ct on your finger.

Sooooo... go for the gold and get the 29 ct cushion!!!!

-------------

ok- just read your last post. if 29 ct stone is the upgrade to this current upgrade... I agree and try to find the best 10ct cushion out there!!!
LOL! Sorry! Actually now that I said that I''m wondering if my Grandma''s beautiful doorknobs are what imprinted the asscher cut on my mind at a young age.
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 11:08:07 PM
Date: 1/7/2008 10:07:49 PM

This is the drool worthy paraiba. I don''t remember the specs. The color on this stone was UFB!!!

That ring kicks butt - however I just can''t get into that color as an everyday, wear with everything ring.

I am in love with that the colour is to die for
30.gif
30.gif

As for the others well they are all magnificant and each in a different way do you really have to pick
3.gif
Which ever YummY you decide to keep will surely keep your hands warm
1.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
what a decision to make. If it were my choice, I''d go for the Kaufmann, its just stunning, second in the running would be the royal asscher, however that would be an uber upgrade from my wee 0.5ct EC so if I were in your Manolo Blahniks I''d go all out and get the 29ct cushion. You could just dive into it and bathe in its beauty. Whats your DH''s preference?

Also, were you staying in a nice hotel in NY........we need the other details of your trip too to allow our hearts to stop beating so.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-jaw dropping! I''m in love with the 10ct cushion-it''s gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I can''t wait to see which one you pick!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I''m speechless
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Holy Moly! I like the cushion halo the best!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UNBELIEVABLE blingage....*thud*
6.gif
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
UHHHHH, I think my heart stopped for a second there - especially when we got to the face-up pic of the 21 ct. Royal Asscher! I definitely DO WANT!!!!!

DB, what an incredibly lucky woman you are - please keep us updated on your upgrade progress!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I just had a stroke.

OMG.

I think I''m going to have to walk away from the computer, get some fresh air, and then re-look at them all. On first glance though, I''m surprised how much I LOVED that Green Emerald!!! I always want to like emeralds (it''s my birthstone) but rarely do...I really really like that one!

You are a lucky gal
2.gif
What a choice!!!!!!!!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
23.gif
Oh........my.......lordy.......I''m speechless.....

must.....go......wipe....my.......chin.........THUD

Wow!! absolutely stunning!!!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Incredible BLING!!!!

Can''t wait to see which one you choose. Thanks for sharing all those drool worthy pics
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t even read the rest of this thread...I needed to go run and get a drink because all that giant ice was screaming for one!

30.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness I work in a hospital. Excuse me while I get myself to the ER.

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooly smokes DB. That trip to NYC must have been quite a workout with all those rocks on your hand!!! That photo of the three ginormous diamonds on your hand almost gave me a heart attack. WOW. I can''t wait to see what you finally choose.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
10.11 Cushion is my favorite for an e-ring because I love the setting, and I thought the stone was lovely. But this thread took my breath away. Thank you for the dazzling show! WOW. I can't wait to see what you decide on! That Pariba is TDF. WOW WOW WOW. My absolute favorite of all you posted.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I was going to post a respond back on page two... but I just came to after passing out on my office floor so here I am on page three. LOL!!

That Paraiba took all the breath in my body away.

But wow, the cushion was absolutely stunning.

Oh boy, I think that I need more smelling salts...

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! How could anyone choose only one of those beauties????
30.gif

Okay, process of elimination: colour in an e-ring is out, the huge asscher and cushion are out as they might be in the running for the upgrade of the upgrade. The two that really stand out for me are the first EC and the haloed 10c cushion.

Those rings are from a "dream world". Having Hubby come along and be supportive of the upgrade is beyond belief!!! The possibility of owning one of those is just too much........I''m going to have to lie down...and rest...
14.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Now THIS is it!!! I vote THIS one. Did I mention I think THIS one is the best????

Holy Toledo!!! Now that''s a diamond.

Leviev%2010%20c%20cushion%20E%20VS1.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 3:27:46 PM
Author: lumpkin
Now THIS is it!!! I vote THIS one. Did I mention I think THIS one is the best????

Holy Toledo!!! Now that''s a diamond.

Leviev%2010%20c%20cushion%20E%20VS1.jpg

THIS ONE HAS MY VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results