shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spikedog

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I know that most people are not going to recommend an Ebay seller, but has anyone had any experience with NYCJEWELERS on Ebay? I wondered because they have cheap prices and a goofy GIG appraisal document, but I am taken back by their surprising amount of very positive responses.

http://cgi.ebay.com/0-50-CT-CERTIFED-DIAMOND-CROSS-PENDANT-14K-WHITE-GOLD_W0QQitemZ150185520799QQihZ005QQcategoryZ110909QQcmdZViewItem

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be weary of ebay; I rather be safe than sorry.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 4:09:45 AM
Author:Spikedog
Hello Everyone,

I know that most people are not going to recommend an Ebay seller, but has anyone had any experience with NYCJEWELERS on Ebay? I wondered because they have cheap prices and a goofy GIG appraisal document, but I am taken back by their surprising amount of very positive responses.

http://cgi.ebay.com/0-50-CT-CERTIFED-DIAMOND-CROSS-PENDANT-14K-WHITE-GOLD_W0QQitemZ150185520799QQihZ005QQcategoryZ110909QQcmdZViewItem
I am never impressed by anyone who calls that item Retail Value: $1,500. I don''t think so. To me that''s a bold faced lie, and any appraiser would agree.

Walk into a store a buy it, or try the many trusted vendors on PS... I doubt you''ll have much issue then. E-bay is a toss of the coin.

Linda74

Rough_Rock
Contact someone like Mark at ERD or one of the other NY dealers. There may be good reviews by people who don''t know diamonds. Look at all of the people who buy the promotional junk in the Christmas flyers each year...really nasty jewelry. Get something worth what you pay for. You can really be taken on EBAY.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
"As a major wholesaler from NYC we are offering best deals on ebay. We have top quality certified diamonds for very competitive prices. Our listings include Diamond Engagement Ring, Diamond Wedding and Anniversary Bands, Bracelets, Diamond Earrings and more. We will be glad to help you. "

Also, no one who is wholesale BY DEFINITION, can sell retail, much less via E-bay without getting audited by the Government. To sell retail you have to have a Sales Tax Number, to charge sales tax, or you are comitting fraud. They are NOT wholesale. Also, I can''t find anywhere their "NYC" address...? Suspect.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the weight and quality of the diamonds is as stated, the value is very good for the cross. They are making a fair profit, not an unreasonable one. The $1,000 retail price is conceivably possible, but I am afraid the $1,500 appraisal will simply have you paying more for insurance than necessary. If you buy it, ask them to give you a $600 appraisal and you''ll be completely covered at the current actual value. Since you probably could order three of these, I don''t forsee a problem with replacement.

Appraisals are not forecasts of any future value and should reflect reasonable current value if the items is not one of a kind or some other, unusual, circumstance is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results