shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Girls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ginzagirl

Shiny_Rock
I''m off to NYC for a shopping trip in August and would like to know when the Last Call or clearance sales is. I usually go to Honolulu''s Neiman''s around the first week of August to get good deals. Would Saks and Barney''s have sales around that time?

Also, where would be best to stay? Please consider that I''d like to shop on 5th Ave and check out Leon Mege and the diamond district.

Of course, if there are great places for shopping, please let me know.

Thanks!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They might. Right now, a lot of Spring is on sale here. I seriously must have bought five pairs of shoes, Prada, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, C Louboutin, etc, in the last month, and ALL OF THEM are on sale now. I could have saved a couple of hundred on each pair. I am annoyed but I wore most of the already!!!

By late summer, they are getting pre fall, some fall, and even some resort/cruise in. So, it really depends. A lot of stuff does not stay, by those big sales it is pretty well picked over but it is worth a try.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ginza, just so you know you need an appointment to see Leon. He doesn't have a showroom you can walk into. Have fun in NY!!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there, I''m not sure about when the giant sales are, but have you heard of Daily Candy? They email you about sample sales going on in NYC. Also you can sign up for emails from New York Magazine, I just moved out of NYC 5 months ago and I used to go to the sales in those emails all the time. Each usually has a couple that the other doesn''t have too, so it was great to get emails from both.

I need to unsubscribe from those emails, it''s such torture seeing the sales that I can''t go to!!!!

Have fun in NYC!!

ginzagirl

Shiny_Rock
DF - This is the reason I go the NM in Honolulu because I know the sales people there. They will let me pick out what I want in advance and put the items away until the sale day! I love Prada dresses, they fit like they are made for me so I always buy what I can get my hands on. So, with the help of my sales girls I get to wear nice dresses at 50-60% off! Don''t most places try to clear out summer stock around August to get ready for the fall?

Is your shoe size a 5? If you are, do you want to adopt me? I love shoes too... I love too many things.

NF- Thanks for the warning! I am contemplating on a couple of intense yellow bands and earring jackets. I''d like three sets (if at all possible) one white, pink and yellow each. I am finding my current 1ctw are too big and would like something smaller but with jackets. Or a pair of itsy bitsy pave huggies with one side of plat/white diamonds and the other yellow gold/pink diamonds so I can swap for the color I want without having to go into the safe or waste too much time. Still in the ''working it out in my mind stage'' though. I will book an appointment once I have a concrete idea of what I really want.

ginzagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:30:08 AM
Author: karasue91
Hey there, I''m not sure about when the giant sales are, but have you heard of Daily Candy? They email you about sample sales going on in NYC. Also you can sign up for emails from New York Magazine, I just moved out of NYC 5 months ago and I used to go to the sales in those emails all the time. Each usually has a couple that the other doesn''t have too, so it was great to get emails from both.

I need to unsubscribe from those emails, it''s such torture seeing the sales that I can''t go to!!!!

Have fun in NYC!!

K91 - I will both of those sites out! Thanks!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am an 8.5 to 9 shoe!!!!

I love Prada too, when I was thinner but have to drop some weight. I will, it just takes time.

Have a ball. It is HOT in August in NYC.

August should have some of the summer stuff on sale, as pre fall is likely already in the store. I am getting a Carolina Herrera gown that I saw at the trunkshow for the fall buy. It is for my son''s bar mitzvah and it will be in the store in August. His party is not til November.

ginzagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:49:35 AM
Author: diamondfan
I am an 8.5 to 9 shoe!!!!

I love Prada too, when I was thinner but have to drop some weight. I will, it just takes time.

Have a ball. It is HOT in August in NYC.

August should have some of the summer stuff on sale, as pre fall is likely already in the store. I am getting a Carolina Herrera gown that I saw at the trunkshow for the fall buy. It is for my son''s bar mitzvah and it will be in the store in August. His party is not til November.

I am sure it''s just the winter weight you are retaining. When the hot months come, the weight will just fall off!

Darn! I was hoping to score some of your great things
1.gif
I love Carolina Herrera too. Her gowns are so elegant!

I''ll have to see if NYC can beat Tokyo in heat and humidity...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is humid, but that is why you must stay in the nice air conditioned stores!
2.gif

I love the gown, it is a striated taffeta, strapless, in mocha and cream with a dark brown wide sash. Great for early fall. My party colors will include chocolate brown and I look good in it, so it will not clash with the room and it is flattering to me. I find the trunk shows to be a great way to see things first. I also will need a suit or sheath dress and coat, for the service, even though I am doing an evening service and going right to the party. I do not want to wear a gown up on the bima, nor does our temple like it. Herrera had some lovely suiting and some options that might work nicely.

I heard Century 21 is a great place for stuff, never been, but sometimes they have great stuff...

golden

Shiny_Rock
Bergdorf Goodman has some of the best sales, all these stores have their sales online as well, you get a better selection online.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
Gucci is having a huge sale right now ! you have to check it out for sure. look at the website and it shows some of the things on sale

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Woah ladies!!! Such happy timing!!! I am flying out on Friday, so where should I be heading next week for some retail therapy?
31.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I was just there and stayed at Hotel 57 which is at the corner of East 57th and Lexington - I thought the hotel was great and reasonably priced AND in a great area!

Have fun!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hi October2008Bride! We have our hotel sorted already (hotels actually!
9.gif
) but I know someone travelling next month and I''ll pass on your recomendation
35.gif
Thank you!

Maybe I haven''t shouted and screamed about this loudly enough all over here, but the trip is so BF can collect OUR LEON
30.gif
2.gif

Anyone with the shopping recommendations???
31.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results