shape
carat
color
clarity

Now that''s a dessert I can get behind!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I''m not a big dessert fan but THAT I would love to try! Especially knowing I got to take home the spoon and goblet! Plus I love those little draget thingies, I use the silver ones when I bake Christmas cookies sometimes and I''ve always thought they were the coolest edible-but-look-like-they''re-not thing around!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can 23K gold leaf be edible? Is 23K gold leaf not made from 23K gold?

Deborah, who likes to get to heart of things...and that means talking about the gold content!
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a description of the sundae:

"Made with "5 scoops of the richest Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream infused with Madagascar vanilla and covered in 23K edible gold leaf, the sundae is drizzled with the world''s most expensive chocolate, Amedei Porceleana, and covered with chunks of rare Chuao chocolate, which is from cocoa beans harvested by the Caribbean Sea on Venezuela''s coast. The masterpiece is suffused with exotic candied fruits from Paris, gold dragets, truffles and Marzipan Cherries. It is topped with a tiny glass bowl of Grand Passion Caviar, an exclusive dessert caviar, made of salt-free American Golden caviar, known for its sparkling golden color. It''s sweetened and infused with fresh passion fruit, orange and Armagnac. The sundae is served in a baccarat Harcourt crystal goblet with an 18K gold spoon to partake in the indulgenceserved with a petite mother of pearl spoon and topped with a gilded sugar flower by Ron Ben-Israel."

Deborah
34.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gold leaf is edible, and often used in desserts. A long time ago I had a dessert (piece of cake) that had gold leaf on top, it''s decorative, not really for taste, It is a "noble" metal, it doesn''t interact with anything, if you catch my drift. It is also pounded extremely (microns) thin so a little gold goes a long way.

All I can say it''s alot cheaper than that weird 15? thousand dollar dessert with the fisherman on it, looks prettier too.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 5:41:16 AM
Author: AGBF

How can 23K gold leaf be edible? Is 23K gold leaf not made from 23K gold?

Deborah, who likes to get to heart of things...and that means talking about the gold content!
34.gif
Would you classify that as colloidal gold? giggle :}

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh lordy. I can almost taste it...

THIS IS NOT HELPING MY SWEETS CRAVING!!!! I have a wedding dress to look hot in in a few months, people! I should never have opened this thread.
4.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As many of you know, I spent quite of time running a production jewelry shop. Here’s a brief story from that side of things.

As an employer it is necessary to get and keep a ‘Materials Safety Data Sheet’ (aka HazMat or MSDS) on all chemicals that you expose your workers to and to train folks in the proper usage of each. This is reasonable enough. The sheet lists the various hazards from that particular substance, what to do if you get it on your skin, breath the fumes, get it n your eyes etc. as well as potential environmental problems associated with it. The OSHA definition of ‘chemical’ is extremely broad and, beyond the obvious it includes things like liquid paper and the ink in ballpoint pens used in the office or the windex used in the showroom. In the case of a jewelry shop it includes gold, diamonds and all of the other materials used.

The one we had for gold listed under the section for ingestion a special note that although it did not have any specific hazards when consumed in 'normal' quantity, it did not have significant nutritional value.

Let me get this straight. If some employee eats the inventory, we’re supposed to be concerned about the nutritional merits and we’re supposed to specifically include this in our employee training program?

This restaurant surely has similar rules and the chefs must be specifically trained to deal with exposure to not just gold but also to Tahitian vanilla bean and grand passion cavier. No wonder it’s so expensive.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Jewelry Appraisals in Denver

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 10:50:36 AM
Author: denverappraiser
As many of you know, I spent quite of time running a production jewelry shop. Here’s a brief story from that side of things.

As an employer it is necessary to get and keep a ‘Materials Safety Data Sheet’ (aka HazMat or MSDS) on all chemicals that you expose your workers to and to train folks in the proper usage of each. This is reasonable enough.

The one we had for gold listed under the section for ingestion a special note that although it did not have any specific hazards when consumed in ''normal'' quantity, it did not have significant nutritional value.

Let me get this straight. If some employee eats the inventory, we’re supposed to be concerned about the nutritional merits and we’re supposed to specifically include this in our employee training program?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Jewelry Appraisals in Denver

What''d you have for breakfast Ted?
That Robert Coin bracelet I''ve been eyeing.
Oh no! That bracelet had 3 ounces of gold in it Ted! You know your only supposed to eat 2 ounces a day max!
hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results