carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1412822283|3764645 said:
Heat is not good for inflammation. I bet Victor will tell you no heat.

When I had PT it was laser or ultrasound (when it was early in the injury rehab) followed by recumbent bike etc then massage with ice last.

I still ice my knee...heaven.

Hi Kristie! Thank you that makes sense. My foot and ankle are already hot much of the time so I was not looking forward to adding to that. Yes, ice does feel heavenly especially when my ankle/foot is throbbing after walking. This past Sunday (first day I walked outside without the boot) I overdid it with walking outside as the weather was nice and by the time I got home I just collapsed on the couch, elevated my leg high and iced it for 20 minutes. It never really gets the swelling down much at all but any relief from the pain and heat is welcome. I guess I have to have faith that my hard work will pay off and that time will do the rest re healing and reducing the swelling and pain.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, never mind on the birthday question-I found out when your birthday is and now I will not forget!!!! All I can say is ooh, 5 more days till your birthday girlfriend woohoo!!! :appl: Hope it's a great one!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mossy, You are too sweet! Please tell Greg happy birthday from me. I hope he has a wonderful day today! I'm not thrilled about getting older. I know it's crazy I should just be sooooo thankful for being healthy. I'm trying to convince myself that it's only a number, but then I look in the mirror haha! So many thing in the simple pleasures thread to remind me all I have to great fun for.

I worked in the yard for a couple hours this morning. It's this time of year I wished we lived some place that had warm weather for a longer lenthth of time. Oh well, at least we have great pizza in Chicago. I have to admit I like winter a whole lot better now that I'm not working. It so nice when it's snowing to make a cup of coffee, light a fire and look out at the back yard and pond. So much nicer than driving in it. It wasn't unusual for it to take two hours or longer to get home if it was snowing when I was working.

How are you feeling today?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
This is what happens when you come on PS for a few quick minutes and don't pay attention. You find out someone you care about hurt themselves. Months ago already!

I'm sorry you got hurt, and even sorrier that I didn't get my head out of my %$$ and notice.

It sounds like you are slowly mending?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1412891820|3765056 said:
This is what happens when you come on PS for a few quick minutes and don't pay attention. You find out someone you care about hurt themselves. Months ago already!

I'm sorry you got hurt, and even sorrier that I didn't get my head out of my %$$ and notice.

It sounds like you are slowly mending?

Oh Begonia, how kind of you and please do not worry about missing what happened to me. I wish I missed what happened to me LOL. It is very slow progress and that is challenging not just physically but mentally. I started walking sort of but with a huge limp and after some time on my leg it gets so swollen at the ankle and foot that it is hard to remain positive but I am trying. For example today we were out and about and now I am paying the price. My ankle is so swollen and painful right now. I am icing and elevating as I type. But compared to how I was in June, July, August and even September I am doing great. Thank you so much for caring.

How are you doing? I just checked your thread and saw that your doctor did not OK you for work yet and I know how hard this is for you but please believe me when I say don't beat yourself up for this. You did not do anything wrong. You were just trying to work through your pain because you are conscientious and do not blame yourself. Hindsight is 20/20 and it is not your fault. Believe me. Now the best thing you can do is just take it one day at a time and everything is going to work out no matter what happens. The main thing is you heal and feel better and everything else will work itself out. Sending you huge but gentle (((hugs))). I am keeping you in my thoughts.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1412870095|3764850 said:
Hi Mossy, You are too sweet! Please tell Greg happy birthday from me. I hope he has a wonderful day today! I'm not thrilled about getting older. I know it's crazy I should just be sooooo thankful for being healthy. I'm trying to convince myself that it's only a number, but then I look in the mirror haha! So many thing in the simple pleasures thread to remind me all I have to great fun for.

I worked in the yard for a couple hours this morning. It's this time of year I wished we lived some place that had warm weather for a longer lenthth of time. Oh well, at least we have great pizza in Chicago. I have to admit I like winter a whole lot better now that I'm not working. It so nice when it's snowing to make a cup of coffee, light a fire and look out at the back yard and pond. So much nicer than driving in it. It wasn't unusual for it to take two hours or longer to get home if it was snowing when I was working.

How are you feeling today?

Hi Callie. Thank you from Greg for the birthday wishes. Guess how we spent his birthday? I asked him what he wanted to do today and he said go to Soho so I could try on those boots I have been drooling over. Can you believe how sweet he is? I tried to talk him out of it since it's his birthday but he insisted. So we went and I cannot believe it but I bought them. They are tight on my left foot but the gentleman at the SW store stretched them a bit and Greg will stretch them more if necessary. I went up half a size but the salesperson dissuaded me from going to a bigger size or wider width as it would not fit right and might be dangerous to walk in and we know I cannot risk that. So hopefully Greg can stretch it enough for comfort if I need it stretched more.

We then went shopping a bit more and then went out for a late lunch outdoors at Spring Street Natural (love that restaurant) and came home. I am exhausted from doing so little but that's how it goes these days. I am thankful to be able to get out compared to being a shut in like I was these past 15 weeks or so.

So I am attaching a pic of the boots I got. Please give me your honest opinion as they are pricey and I can return them as per the salesperson even though he stretched the left one a bit.

I love staying home on snowy days safe and warm but I also love(d) going out in the snow for a play date. When Greg and I were first dating there was one day the snow was incredibly high and I couldn't get a taxi to take me to work so I called Greg and asked if he wanted to have a snow date. He said sure and came over and we went to the park and it was so much fun. So I do love the snow though like you these days I prefer being inside and warm looking at all the pretty scenery outside. And I agree commuting in the snow is not fun.

I bet you were deadheading flowers this morning right? :cheeky: I always learn new things on PS. Glad you enjoyed your time in the garden. Autumn is such a lovely time of year.

stuartweitzmanlowlandboots.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo la la tres chic!!!! They look great on you, way to go!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Your post sounds so happy. I LOVE the boots. They look so cool. I'm so glad you ended up getting them. Don't you dare second guess these. They are perfect! I showed the picture you attached yesterday to my niece and she loved them too. She started telling she could wear them with so many of her outfits. She also told me to quit showing her cute boots and said "now you have me wanting Stuart Weitzman on an H&M budget". You did very well and how sweet of Greg to take you today. It sounds to me like you had a perfect day. Lunch at a restaurant you love, a new pair of boots and a whole day with your sweetheart. What's not to love. I'm so glad you and Greg had a good time today and he had a happy birthday! You must be exhausted. I know you don't think you did much but it really is quite a lot. Think of where you were just 6 weeks ago. You accomplished a lot today! :appl: ::) :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kristie.

Callie, thanks and tell your niece to start saving up or perhaps a generous aunt might help her out lol. I would recommend her starting with the 50/50 boot (picture from page 39 when I was wearing the striped dress) though and not the Lowland (most recent pic this page). The Lowland is much more limited in terms of where you can wear them IMO. They are very high on the leg-lower third of thigh depending on your inseam and height whereas the 50/50 are just above the knee on most people so much more versatile and conservative. But of course since your niece is young she can easily wear either and it is I who needs to be careful of where and when I wear the Lowland boots! :cheeky:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, How are you feeling today? Did you over do it yesterday? Thank you so much for the suggestions on the boots. They look great on you. From the descriptions of what you like to wear they should be perfect. Are they comfortable or do you think Greg may need to stretch out a little more? Don't you think the swelling in you leg will be going down in the next few months?

I'm thinking of taking her to Nordstrom and seeing if we can't find her a pair that are not quite so expensive. Hopefully she'll fall in love with something not quite so expensive. She's saving up for an apartment and I'm not sure I really want to get her addicted to Stuart Weitzman at this point in her life. My husband made the comment that I should wait until she's a little older to introduce her to Stuart Weitzman.

Do you and Greg have any plans for the weekend?

I'm going to see Gone Girl tonight.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Callie! Did you see Gone Girl last night? Did you enjoy it? I liked the book but thought the main characters were unlikable. I am thinking of chancing going to the movies to see it since it is raining here all day and I cannot just walk around like I would prefer to do on a weekend. Just not sure I can sit that long comfortably (though these days that is a relative term as real comfort is still elusive) without elevating my leg. So my question is...is the movie worth it? Also, knowing what happens in the book and the twist sort of spoils the movie for me as I prefer going into a movie not knowing what the ending is so another reason I am not super excited to see the movie.

I think going to Nordstrom's to try on boots with your niece is an excellent idea. If she wants OTK at a bargain have her try the Nine West Pristeen boot. I find it very comfortable and it is a nice OTK boot at a great price point. At least have her try on some of the SW boots if they have them at Nordies so she can even see if she likes them or not. They sometimes go on sale though I have not been so lucky as to be able to catch the sales when they happen as it is a rare occasion that they do. If I purchase any more boots I want to get the 50/50 in Nice Blue and Cola Brown and perhaps Topo though that will get dirty so quickly as it is so light in color. However I will wait to see how my leg fares before purchasing any more pricey boots to be sure. The Lowland will have to satiate my desires for yummy footwear for now.

How is the weather by you this weekend? Looks pretty rainy here and for the week ahead too unfortunately. Hope you have sunnier weather by you. Enjoy the weekend Callie and only 3 more days till your birthday! Do you have any special plans?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I only have a minute so I'll write more to you later. I thought Gone Girl is sooooo worth seeing. I actually liked the movie better than the book. Everyone I went with loved it. I also thought the characters were unlikeable. If you go to see it please let me know your thoughts.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Well...did you go to see Gone Girl today? If so we're you able to sit comfortably? I really wish I had not read the book. I was a little disappointed that I knew what was coming next and my sister in law felt the same way. It would have been more fun to be surprised. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the movie.

Thank you so much for the Nine West Pristeen boot suggestion for my niece. I tend to agree with you that they may be a better choice for her price wise. She was also going to see what DSW has available.

It's wise to hold off on getting the 50/50 in the colors you are interested in before the swelling has gone down. Don't you think you will be wearing your normal size next winter? The colors you chose are beautiful but I'd be a little apprehensive about getting the light color. I think they would be impossible to keep looking great. As you can see I still haven't gotten over last winter.

I think we are going to dinner Tuesday night but that's all we have planned. He asked what I wanted for my birthday but I told him he already bought presents for me and he would understand when the credit card bill arrived. I have not shown much restraint in the clothing departments this past month.

I hope you had a fun day today!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow Missy, I missed your story and I am so sorry about everything. I also went through a lot of trauma in my life the last couple of years but they were not physical in nature. Yes, we do take certain things for granted and I cannot imagine how much harder it would be not being able to walk and the pain. Really, it takes a lot of coping in every possible way, not just physically but emotionally as well and being locked inside especially in summer must have been plain awful. Actually you look amazing and I could not tell any of this based on how you look with that gorgeous dress and those amazing boots, yeah love them! Must have been so nice to spend some time out shopping and eating out, my favorite programs sometimes!:))) I hope I have time to read your entire journey of the last few months how you coped and managed, I think it would be really hard not to get depressed a lot. Healing vibes your way and think that the worst are over. I have to also read up on what happened to your jobs, in the big scheme of things work does not matter but then again if I could not work I would be really really down as my work is my passion. I also hate the idea of simple things like not being able to dress up, feel like a woman, get out of the house and get stimulation even if not every day but often, there was a time when I was sort of stuck home and I was going berserk. Congrats to you for your courage and strength! Keep us posted.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, :angryfire: :wavey:

Tell Greg a Happy Belated birthday. How sweet of him to want to take you somewhere to try on boots for his birthday. He’s a KEEPER. Your boots look fabulous too.

I am most excited at you going out, doing things, having lunch and enjoying every minute of it. I know it really hurt your ankle but WOW what a wonderful contrast from what you were able to do even a month ago. You are really doing awesome lady!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: On top of that you are able to walk to PT and back; you’ve got to be one of Victor’s most motivated patients.

I had a long list of things to do while Marty was gone and I finished them Friday night and yesterday. Every time the cleaning lady comes I shove “stuff” in drawers and the desk so I got all of that cleaned out plus reorganized a few other drawers. I made jingle bell napkin rings for Christmas, shred my “I’ll shred it later stack”, organized estate papers for what I might need for tax returns next year and wiped out the bottom of some cupboards.

I ran some errands yesterday morning and when I got home about noon found a couple literally dumpster diving out here at the homes being built by our house. The guy was picked up nails (I guess) and she was in the dumpster throwing out aluminum cans, pieces of metal and large pieces of lumber. I came in and put my alarm on “stay”.

Marty is in Serbia today. We talked on Skype yesterday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1413079020|3765955 said:
Hi Missy, Well...did you go to see Gone Girl today? If so we're you able to sit comfortably? I really wish I had not read the book. I was a little disappointed that I knew what was coming next and my sister in law felt the same way. It would have been more fun to be surprised. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the movie.

Thank you so much for the Nine West Pristeen boot suggestion for my niece. I tend to agree with you that they may be a better choice for her price wise. She was also going to see what DSW has available.

It's wise to hold off on getting the 50/50 in the colors you are interested in before the swelling has gone down. Don't you think you will be wearing your normal size next winter? The colors you chose are beautiful but I'd be a little apprehensive about getting the light color. I think they would be impossible to keep looking great. As you can see I still haven't gotten over last winter.

I think we are going to dinner Tuesday night but that's all we have planned. He asked what I wanted for my birthday but I told him he already bought presents for me and he would understand when the credit card bill arrived. I have not shown much restraint in the clothing departments this past month.

I hope you had a fun day today!

Hi Callie, I hope you had a good weekend!
We decided not to see the movie for 2 reasons. One, as you wrote, we already both read the book so it would not be as exciting a movie vs. if we didn't know the ending and Two, and really the main reason, is that I prefer to be more active on the weekends if at all possible so I can work the ankle.

Conveniently, I remembered that a Nordstrom Rack opened up near me shortly before my accident so we headed there on Saturday since shopping is always a good way to spend a rainy Saturday lol. Greg got some shoes and I scored two sweet dresses by Laundry. So of course that was a good day. Except one thing happened that made me feel sad but I know it's silly.

When I went to try on the dresses at the Rack the saleswoman gave me the handicapped dressing room. When she opened that one I swear I almost started crying. I know, silly silly silly. She was just being thoughtful because when I was finished trying on the dresses and as I was leaving (and more composed by that time) I told her it was the first time I was given the handicapped dressing room. And she said she thought I would be more comfortable in the larger dressing room. It was kind of her of course but it did make me sad.

I am still walking with a big limp and every step is painful. Victor saw me today and told me it is a very slow process and I am just concerned since each step hurts and my ankle is still not really past neutral unless Victor forces it.

Sunday we walked over a mile and a half and went to the Brooklyn Promenade and also the main drag. It was lovely weather and we enjoyed the walk albeit each step was painful and awkward. I know I have to keep working it to get that ankle moving. And despite it all we had a good day. Except...that was the day I realized I could not find these sweet earrings I had and I looked everywhere.

I started looking before we left when I realized I couldn't find them and finished looking all over the house when we got home. Greg helped but the earrings are gone. The jewelry box they were in is gone too so that is how I know they are gone. I think I must have thrown them out inadvertently. I have been absent minded recently and I am almost positive I threw them out. I had been keeping them on my dresser just because I was wearing them a lot since they were the perfect casual light earrings and they were one of my favorites. So I got lazy and didn't put them away in the safe where I usually keep all my jewelry. You can imagine how upset I am only because it feels as if so much is going wrong.

I know they are just earrings and not important in the grand scheme of things but it is sort of the straw that broke the camel's proverbial back. I got 2 hours sleep last night I was so upset about the loss. Greg told me not to worry and just get another pair. LOL. I love him but that's not going to happen. They are not something easily replaceable unfortunately. It's not that they were very expensive but more that I really loved them and I cannot find anything like them.

Oh and I ordered the Stuart Weitzman 50/50 in Nice Blue today. I needed a pick me up but funny how buying things really doesn't cheer me up like it used to do. I think once I am walking better and without so much pain everything will start looking up since material things never really made me happy anyway but it used to be more fun (purchasing things) than it is now.

So that was my weekend. Good but a little bad mixed in and most importantly I feel like my ankle should be past neutral by now but I am not going to get discouraged (too much) and I will keep plugging away. Thanks for listening as always and I hope your weekend was all good.

And...one more day till your BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1413109635|3766049 said:
Wow Missy, I missed your story and I am so sorry about everything. I also went through a lot of trauma in my life the last couple of years but they were not physical in nature. Yes, we do take certain things for granted and I cannot imagine how much harder it would be not being able to walk and the pain. Really, it takes a lot of coping in every possible way, not just physically but emotionally as well and being locked inside especially in summer must have been plain awful. Actually you look amazing and I could not tell any of this based on how you look with that gorgeous dress and those amazing boots, yeah love them! Must have been so nice to spend some time out shopping and eating out, my favorite programs sometimes!:))) I hope I have time to read your entire journey of the last few months how you coped and managed, I think it would be really hard not to get depressed a lot. Healing vibes your way and think that the worst are over. I have to also read up on what happened to your jobs, in the big scheme of things work does not matter but then again if I could not work I would be really really down as my work is my passion. I also hate the idea of simple things like not being able to dress up, feel like a woman, get out of the house and get stimulation even if not every day but often, there was a time when I was sort of stuck home and I was going berserk. Congrats to you for your courage and strength! Keep us posted.

Hi OVincze and thank you for your kind post and lovely comments. This time in my life has been and continues to be (to a lesser extreme than before thank goodness) the most challenging experience I have ever gone through without question.

I am fortunate in that my dh is here for me and so supportive because without his support and encouragement I am not sure I could have made it through as well as I have. I did get depressed at times but realized I had to let myself feel whatever I was feeling to move past it and get stronger emotionally as well as physically.

And I feel so fortunate having PSers here for me and guiding me through every step of my journey. That people here have been and continue to be so generous in helping me means the world to me and has been incredibly valuable to my healing process. Just saying thank you isn't enough but a big thank you to all the PSers who are helping me through.

I am glad to be past the last 3 plus months and even though I have a long road to recovery still it is much better than it was to be sure.

I am very sorry you have experienced trauma in your life too. Emotional trauma is no less debilitating than physical trauma and my heart goes out to you. I hope these are happier times for you and I am sending good thoughts your way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1413133479|3766106 said:
Hi Missy, :angryfire: :wavey:

Tell Greg a Happy Belated birthday. How sweet of him to want to take you somewhere to try on boots for his birthday. He’s a KEEPER. Your boots look fabulous too.

I am most excited at you going out, doing things, having lunch and enjoying every minute of it. I know it really hurt your ankle but WOW what a wonderful contrast from what you were able to do even a month ago. You are really doing awesome lady!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: On top of that you are able to walk to PT and back; you’ve got to be one of Victor’s most motivated patients.

I had a long list of things to do while Marty was gone and I finished them Friday night and yesterday. Every time the cleaning lady comes I shove “stuff” in drawers and the desk so I got all of that cleaned out plus reorganized a few other drawers. I made jingle bell napkin rings for Christmas, shred my “I’ll shred it later stack”, organized estate papers for what I might need for tax returns next year and wiped out the bottom of some cupboards.

I ran some errands yesterday morning and when I got home about noon found a couple literally dumpster diving out here at the homes being built by our house. The guy was picked up nails (I guess) and she was in the dumpster throwing out aluminum cans, pieces of metal and large pieces of lumber. I came in and put my alarm on “stay”.

Marty is in Serbia today. We talked on Skype yesterday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Marcy

Hi Marcy! Good for you getting everything so orderly and organized! I wish I could borrow you here LOL. I also do the same thing when the cleaning lady comes- shove things in drawers or closets to make it clear for her to clean. And I definitely need to take a page from your book and get things here organized. It's such a mess right now and the other day I told Greg I was going to go through some of my closets to get rid of stuff to make room for all this new stuff I bought which is just hanging around and needs to find closet space and drawer space. I need to get on that ASAP or at least start doing that this week. I think having so much out of place caused me to lose my earrings so I have to get things in their place.

OMG on the couple that was "dumpster diving"...yuk! And thank goodness for alarms. When I am alone I put it on "stay" too haha. And then I forget and open the door and well you know the drill. :o
Hope Marty is having a good trip and that you are not missing him too much with being able to Skype with him often. I cannot believe you finished everything on your list already. You go girl! Now take some time for you and pamper yourself. You deserve it!

Hope your Monday is going smoothly. :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy,

Thanks so much for your kind words too! Ah I so wish I had been there for you. I spent two months in the hospital just two years ago now for physical reasons too and I wish I could have given some advice. It was pretty difficult needless to say. As a result of some sad things that happened, well, an indirect result but still, two of my favorite kitties are gone. I can never replace them and one especially was my soulmate and I still burst out crying unexpectedly because of how much I miss her and want her back. Fortunately, I have four kitties left with me and adopted a mom dog and her puppy this year, well, we rescued the family.

I am a very girlie girl like you and I feel that we definitely have things in common. I also give you kudos for being so open and able to share here on a public forum, I am brave but perhaps not this brave. You are a strong strong lady. I remember in the hospital I had to have my perfumes and makeup, it was really funny in a way but feeling like a woman a bit kept me going. Also had some jewelry and remember putting them all in my purse and under my pillow each night. Well, those times are gone but sometimes all the trauma in your life can be difficult to cope in. Hey, some shopping always helps.:))) Recently I have become increasingly addicted to clothes. Jewelry has always been my passion but perhaps unfortunately for my wallet I love everything girlie.

The weight issue I can also relate to but in other ways. I have been labeled fat by my family most of my life. If I think realistically I am not fat and very light boned but well with some feminine parts, still at about 130 pounds I do not think I am abnormally overweight. Still most of my life I thought of myself as a fat person and worried about my weight. My sister and mom are very very thin and my family has always judged me. Also, I have digestive disease, they could not figure it out for a long time even though I have had tests done ever since I was a child. We found out it was my gall bladder not functioning but I wanted to die as I was suffering so much when I was about twenty, nonstop nausea and fever on top for a year was not fun. It was not the only time as this is an ongoing thing but it was the longest and worst period. As a result, because of throwing up a lot I had periods in my life when I was indeed very thin because I was sick, then of course everyone said I was too thin. You cannot worry about people telling you to change all the time, you have to realize what is right for you. I am not sure what they found out when you were sick but it might be worth looking into whether you have gall bladder disfunction or chronic infection, sorry if I am totally off here as I did not find your thread on your past problems. When I lived in the US, the doctors told me I was imagining things, the only reason I found out was because my parents are doctors in Europe and they ran just about every test on me. I hope you are feeling great though these days as far as your digestion goes. Another sign that alarmed me was that you too have problems with well constipation. That is also a sign of a gall bladder not functioning properly.

Anyhow, I am a very impulsive person and an impulsive writer too and English is not my first language but I feel that it almost is as I even got one of my degrees in the US, I just hope you can follow me. I have read through a lot of this thread and somehow yesterday when I was not working it was like reading a really engaging book, I just wish I had been there for you at the time this awful accident happened to you to offer support. Love this thread, of course not your accident but your honesty, courage and sharing and that we have an opportunity to be there for each other and get to know each other a bit better.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I'm sorry your weekend wasn't the greatest. I can certainly understand how you felt in the dressing room. ((Hugs)). It sounds like everything kind of hit you like a ton of bricks when you were put in the room. Is that a pretty good assessment? You and I both know this is a lengthy process so please try not to let It get you down. Where you are today in your progress is not where you will be in January. Look where you were two months ago. You really are at a much better place today. You are allowed to have bad days where this gets to you sweetie. As long as Victor isn't overly concerned about your progress try not to stress yourself out. You walked over a mile on Saturday That's a huge accomplishment. I so wish I knew all the right things to say to make you feel better. Just tell me if I'm not helping. I hate it when you are in pain, physically or emotionally.

Have you looked everywhere for your earrings. Is it possible they will turn up? I've thrown things out by accident as well. Maybe you just put them in the wrong place. I hope you are able to find them. My husband would have acted exactly like Greg and told me to buy another pair. I can hear him telling me to find another pair I like. We both are so lucky regarding our husbands. Don't ya think?

You need to take a picture of the new boots when they arrive. I can't wait to see them. I love that you bought the blue. It seems everything I've purchased lately has been black. Pretty boring.

We have had nothing but rain all day today and it seems like it's going to be like this the next couple of days. My husband is in Texas today but will be home tomorrow afternoon. At least it was a quick trip. Although I have to admit the whole Ebola situation freaks me out a bit.

I forgot to tell you that I went and looked at puppy's last week. I found a sweet parti yorky that I fell in live with. He's only 2 lbs and 9 weeks old, My husband was fine with us getting another one but I'm really concerned with how my dog would handle it. She doesn't like other dogs getting near me. It could be a disaster and right now I'm not sure what I want to do. Of course I've already named the little guy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze said:
Hi Missy,

Thanks so much for your kind words too! Ah I so wish I had been there for you. I spent two months in the hospital just two years ago now for physical reasons too and I wish I could have given some advice. It was pretty difficult needless to say. As a result of some sad things that happened, well, an indirect result but still, two of my favorite kitties are gone. I can never replace them and one especially was my soulmate and I still burst out crying unexpectedly because of how much I miss her and want her back. Fortunately, I have four kitties left with me and adopted a mom dog and her puppy this year, well, we rescued the family.

I am a very girlie girl like you and I feel that we definitely have things in common. I also give you kudos for being so open and able to share here on a public forum, I am brave but perhaps not this brave. You are a strong strong lady. I remember in the hospital I had to have my perfumes and makeup, it was really funny in a way but feeling like a woman a bit kept me going. Also had some jewelry and remember putting them all in my purse and under my pillow each night. Well, those times are gone but sometimes all the trauma in your life can be difficult to cope in. Hey, some shopping always helps.:))) Recently I have become increasingly addicted to clothes. Jewelry has always been my passion but perhaps unfortunately for my wallet I love everything girlie.

The weight issue I can also relate to but in other ways. I have been labeled fat by my family most of my life. If I think realistically I am not fat and very light boned but well with some feminine parts, still at about 130 pounds I do not think I am abnormally overweight. Still most of my life I thought of myself as a fat person and worried about my weight. My sister and mom are very very thin and my family has always judged me. Also, I have digestive disease, they could not figure it out for a long time even though I have had tests done ever since I was a child. We found out it was my gall bladder not functioning but I wanted to die as I was suffering so much when I was about twenty, nonstop nausea and fever on top for a year was not fun. It was not the only time as this is an ongoing thing but it was the longest and worst period. As a result, because of throwing up a lot I had periods in my life when I was indeed very thin because I was sick, then of course everyone said I was too thin. You cannot worry about people telling you to change all the time, you have to realize what is right for you. I am not sure what they found out when you were sick but it might be worth looking into whether you have gall bladder disfunction or chronic infection, sorry if I am totally off here as I did not find your thread on your past problems. When I lived in the US, the doctors told me I was imagining things, the only reason I found out was because my parents are doctors in Europe and they ran just about every test on me. I hope you are feeling great though these days as far as your digestion goes. Another sign that alarmed me was that you too have problems with well constipation. That is also a sign of a gall bladder not functioning properly.

Anyhow, I am a very impulsive person and an impulsive writer too and English is not my first language but I feel that it almost is as I even got one of my degrees in the US, I just hope you can follow me. I have read through a lot of this thread and somehow yesterday when I was not working it was like reading a really engaging book, I just wish I had been there for you at the time this awful accident happened to you to offer support. Love this thread, of course not your accident but your honesty, courage and sharing and that we have an opportunity to be there for each other and get to know each other a bit better.

Hi Ovi, thank you so much for sharing and I am so glad you came through that challenging time and are doing well now. (((Hugs))). And your English is wonderful and I am enjoying reading your posts so please don't worry at all about that.

I am so sorry about your sweet little kitties that are gone now but I am happy that you adopted some more rescue animals. You have my dream animal family. 4 kitties and 2 doggies. Right now we have 4 kitties but I am hoping to add 2 rescue dogs some time in the future.

You are certainly not heavy by any means and I am sorry your family was/is so judgmental. I absolutely agree with your advice and not let others make you feel badly about yourself. I have learned to be kinder to myself and when others make disparaging remarks I know who I am and I stay secure in that and those negative voices don't change the way I view myself if that makes sense.

Thank you for that info on the gallbladder and I will explore that further. My other health issues are only present now occasionally thankfully and very mild. I pray it stays that way because I want to focus all my energy on my rehab and recovery.

I am glad you are finding the thread interesting and thank you again for sharing the ordeal you went through and for sharing your support. I am looking forward to getting to know you. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1413235021|3766597 said:
Hi Missy, I'm sorry your weekend wasn't the greatest. I can certainly understand how you felt in the dressing room. ((Hugs)). It sounds like everything kind of hit you like a ton of bricks when you were put in the room. Is that a pretty good assessment? You and I both know this is a lengthy process so please try not to let It get you down. Where you are today in your progress is not where you will be in January. Look where you were two months ago. You really are at a much better place today. You are allowed to have bad days where this gets to you sweetie. As long as Victor isn't overly concerned about your progress try not to stress yourself out. You walked over a mile on Saturday That's a huge accomplishment. I so wish I knew all the right things to say to make you feel better. Just tell me if I'm not helping. I hate it when you are in pain, physically or emotionally.

Have you looked everywhere for your earrings. Is it possible they will turn up? I've thrown things out by accident as well. Maybe you just put them in the wrong place. I hope you are able to find them. My husband would have acted exactly like Greg and told me to buy another pair. I can hear him telling me to find another pair I like. We both are so lucky regarding our husbands. Don't ya think?

You need to take a picture of the new boots when they arrive. I can't wait to see them. I love that you bought the blue. It seems everything I've purchased lately has been black. Pretty boring.

We have had nothing but rain all day today and it seems like it's going to be like this the next couple of days. My husband is in Texas today but will be home tomorrow afternoon. At least it was a quick trip. Although I have to admit the whole Ebola situation freaks me out a bit.

I forgot to tell you that I went and looked at puppy's last week. I found a sweet parti yorky that I fell in live with. He's only 2 lbs and 9 weeks old, My husband was fine with us getting another one but I'm really concerned with how my dog would handle it. She doesn't like other dogs getting near me. It could be a disaster and right now I'm not sure what I want to do. Of course I've already named the little guy!

Hi Callie, is it bad that all I can see right now is that you might adopt another puppy? :appl: Of course I know it depends on how your other dog will deal with that but I am excited about this possibility for you. :appl: Also cannot wait to hear the name you picked out. I also picked out names for our 2 dogs (far future) to be so yet something else we have in common. LOL.

I am glad your dh will be home in time for your special day! And don't worry I am sure he will be safe from Ebola but I would have worried too.

The diamond earrings are gone for sure. We looked everywhere. I am sad about it but it's just a thing. I am just mad at myself for being so careless especially when I thought I was being careful because I lost a gold earring last year and since then I *thought* I was being extra careful. I just never thought I would throw my earrings away. :((

I think my mood is a little down because I feel I should be further along with ankle ROM. I sound like a broken record I know but that's because it is a continuing issue for me. Victor didn't say I should be further along because he probably wouldn't because he knows how hard I am working and wouldn't want to discourage me but I think I should be further along with the ankle movement for sure. My ankle was in neutral position many weeks ago and should be a couple of degrees further along by now. Of course I know you are right that compared to 2 months ago I am doing so much better so I will try to focus on the positive and keep working my ankle hoping for some improvement.

And thank you Callie. You always make me feel better. (((Hugs))).
Sending safe travel dust for your dh and happy day before your birthday. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, :wavey:

Too funny that I double clicked on emoticons last time – I had no intention of posting the angry one. I’ll try again with just a wavy this time.

How are you doing today? I hate to hear you had some things upset you this weekend. Look at you though walking that far and shopping! I am very sorry to hear you lost some of your favorite earrings. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed they turn up somewhere. Rats you didn’t sleep well either. I hope things look up to you tonight and tomorrow.

It is kind of funny we hide things and pick up for the cleaning ladies. I do it every time. Good idea cleaning out clothes, maybe I’ll do that this weekend. I have a stack of stuff that either doesn’t fit or I don’t wear or both. Then I have an excuse to buy new clothes.

I certainly do set off the alarm when it’s on stay. Marty will set it off sometimes when he gets up really early; it usually scares the crap out of me then.

Work was okay today. I told my boss today I was getting burnt out of being a babysitter and dealing with a few of my less than stellar employees. They aren’t bad enough to scream and yell at but they sure wouldn’t win employee of the month.

Marty is really busy this week so I get an email or text here and there but I know he’s busy. We should be able to Skype again this weekend.

Take care. You are doing great!

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1413252227|3766739 said:
Hi Missy, :wavey:

Too funny that I double clicked on emoticons last time – I had no intention of posting the angry one. I’ll try again with just a wavy this time.

How are you doing today? I hate to hear you had some things upset you this weekend. Look at you though walking that far and shopping! I am very sorry to hear you lost some of your favorite earrings. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed they turn up somewhere. Rats you didn’t sleep well either. I hope things look up to you tonight and tomorrow.

It is kind of funny we hide things and pick up for the cleaning ladies. I do it every time. Good idea cleaning out clothes, maybe I’ll do that this weekend. I have a stack of stuff that either doesn’t fit or I don’t wear or both. Then I have an excuse to buy new clothes.

I certainly do set off the alarm when it’s on stay. Marty will set it off sometimes when he gets up really early; it usually scares the crap out of me then.

Work was okay today. I told my boss today I was getting burnt out of being a babysitter and dealing with a few of my less than stellar employees. They aren’t bad enough to scream and yell at but they sure wouldn’t win employee of the month.

Marty is really busy this week so I get an email or text here and there but I know he’s busy. We should be able to Skype again this weekend.

Take care. You are doing great!

Marcy

Marcy, I owe you a huge thank you!!! You inspired me so I spent the last 7 hours cleaning some closets and drawers! OMG what a wreck they were. It feels so good to have organized some of my clothes and shoes and boots and while I still have closets and drawers left to do at least I made a good dent. So thank you so much for inspiring me to get started. Now of course I am in a lot of pain from bending and doing stuff my body is not used to doing but I am resting now and icing and reading PS.

Sorry some of your employees need babysitting but I completely understand what you mean. Where I work some of the support staff act like babies often and it is amazing how grown people can be so unprofessional at work. :knockout: Hope they are behaving themselves today and putting more effort into what they are doing without having to be told to. You deserve a break from having to monitor them as I am sure your talents are put to much better use elsewhere!

I slept better last night, thanks for asking and I hope you are sleeping well though Marty is away. I know when Greg is away I have some trouble because I am so used to having him next to me but I am guessing since Marty travels a lot more you are used to sleeping without him when he is on business. Anyway, I hope you are sleeping well but I know you miss him and you are going to enjoy skyping with him this weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I hope you are having an amazing birthday today and enjoying time with your dh!!! Thinking of you and sending you all the best happy birthday wishes for a happy and healthy year! :appl: :appl: :appl:

and from Grumpy the Cat, a special birthday song for you. :bigsmile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyL37iBNJx0

americangreetings_birthday_0.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy,

You are such a warm person and this thread is so wonderful in bringing us people together. Sometimes good things come out of bad things too.

I am so sorry about your earrings, things like this can happen when you are not feeling well. When I was in the hospital I accidentally dropped my Art Deco diamond watch. Of course a diamond fell out and I wrapped it in TP and guess what I did, I flushed it down the toilet. Well, that was a fixable problem but pretty stupid of me. You cannot be all together all the time with all you have gone through.

Well, my kitties did not die because of my doing anything, while I was in the hospital, my family was not very supportive of my animal family and though my neighbor was really kind to take care of them, they threatened me to put them to sleep and sort of forced me to find new homes for some. One boy died of a simple blood draw we did when he was going to travel, he died of a heart attack twelve hours after coming out of sedation. Another boy who always thought I was his mom left and then he was doing really badly and by this time I could take him home. He recovered a week after he was home and was so thrilled to be home but sadly he brought in a bad coronavirus and his mom died of FIP six months later. I am allergic to cats and cannot sleep with them mostly but Stella was my bedbug, I could tolerate her fur and she was the sweetest (well they all are I am not being fair here).

Now, things are mostly ok but you know my life has always been a rollercoaster ride really. I am mostly very happy because I can pursue my passion for gems and jewelry and work in this field instead of working for law firms that was totally not me. Even when going to school in the US I worked with jewelry and much preferred it, I loved working with people and have already had a passion for jewelry. This is the great thing about my life right now and I am very happy with where it is going.

On the flipside I got into a very difficult marriage because I had just broken my engagement with my ex fiancee and was vulnerable and could not stand being alone after my physical problems too. I should not make such impulsive decisions and that is my fault. While I do not necessarily see where my private life is going, I am trying to put it off for a while and think positively, see how I feel as I go. Be grateful for such wonderful husbands you girls!

I am glad you are decluttering and I am definitely an enabler when it comes to shopping! I love love love shopping, I love styling and have always had such a thing for all things beautiful.

I am happy to hear your other problems are gone. You know I am happy I am not so thing as that means I am not so sick all the time. They suspected Chron's disease in my case as I inherited a gene called HLAB that causes that too and I was very thin. These digestive problems can sometimes go hand in hand but I too am feeling much better these days for the most part. I take Virgin Tea which really helps me.

I am Jewish but also celebrate both Xmas and Hannukah as my father was not Jewish, also many people do where I live though this seems really odd to most in my opinion. I will read everyone else's posts and respond more, participate more. Tonight I got home late as usual and have only checked this thread the last two nights. Tomorrow I am not working so I can read the rest of your thread hopefully. Have a great day everyone!

Wow, I cannot believe how openly I have talked about things here.:)))

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Girls, I agree that cleaning closets and decluttering feels great. I have done quite a bit of that recently and given away like twenty dresses to my sister. They were from my thinner period and real nice so I did not want to let them go. But since she is almost the weight I was then, knowing she would be very happy, I am really glad that I was finally able to let go and make someone happy. It does also feel great to have less clutter and more order in my life, of course this inspires me to get more new stuff.:))) I am going to do more organizing and decluttering tomorrow, there is definitely a lot more I can do in the house as I just moved the rest of my stuff from my old condo to the new house a few weeks ago. Problem is that I have such a hard time getting to doing this type of stuff and when it looks like it is too big a mess then I figure I cannot solve the problem and do not start it but once done it is very rewarding.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

That is awesome you cleaned out closets and drawers. I bet you are tired and sore but doesn’t it feel good to do something like that plus organize your drawers and closets? I hope the ice helps with your pain. I am glad I helped inspire you.

I am glad to hear you slept better last night. I woke up early and couldn’t go back to sleep. Rats. I don’t sleep as well when Marty is gone but I get used to it. Since I got up early I stopped at a bread store and picked up some cinnamon bread for work.

Work was amusing to me today. My boss told me to look up signs of a person with a toxic personality so I did and I had to completely agree all of those traits are very visible in that one employee of mine. Then I waited patiently for someone to discover that employee forgot to do something that should have been done yesterday. Of course they had the typical reaction of I didn’t do that nobody told me it wasn’t my fault. I love having the paperwork to prove that just isn’t what happened. Remember though I am mean and evil and yell at them all the time.

Marty is in Belgrade and they are celebrating liberation day this week. I guess Putin is coming for the parade. Marty says it is crazy there – there are tanks in the street, riot police everywhere and jets flying around. He said if the opportunity presented itself he would so try to get a selfie. He posted a picture on FB tonight showing two rows of tanks in the street. I hope they are friendly.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1413318474|3767039 said:
Hi Missy,

You are such a warm person and this thread is so wonderful in bringing us people together. Sometimes good things come out of bad things too.

...​
I am Jewish but also celebrate both Xmas and Hannukah as my father was not Jewish, also many people do where I live though this seems really odd to most in my opinion.

Wow, I cannot believe how openly I have talked about things here.:))

I am sorry for the threadjack, but in trying to catch up in missy's thread I was drawn into your life, OVincze. I started to try to find other postings by you and find out more about you and where you were from. I saw that you wrote your parents were doctors in Europe; I noticed that a company name with which you are affiliated has the words "estrella" (star in Spanish) and "stella" (star in Italian) in it. But although you once refer to the crown jewels in "your" country I did not see you name that country. I have to admit to curiosity based on my own husband, who is an Italian Jew of Sephardic origins. I wondered if you had any similar interesting beginnings! (He once met a secretary in a prestigious law firm who turned out to be a distant relative from southern France!)

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Deb,

You can of course ask anything you like, it is really nice to connect with people here more on a personal level. I am actually Hungarian and I work in Hungary and Austria mainly. I do have roots from Southern Europe from my maternal grandma and I know I look a bit like that too with the dark hair and eyes. I took after her a lot. I named my company Stella Estrella after my favorite kitty I lost, her name was Stella and it also means star. I went to a Spanish high school in Hungary and that is sort of why I picked Estrella too.

I have had a bit of an adventurous life I would say, I lived in the Bay Area for 9 years and I went to Berkeley. In the meantime I figured law was really not for me as I have always been into creative things, arts and things like that. Somehow the passion for gemstones came although I had it even as a child. I always really loved pearls and colored stones that was how it began, I started taking courses at GIA while going to Berkeley and also I worked for Macy's Stanford while I went to school and even after that. I loved it more than any other job I ever had, I loved working with jewelry and with people although it was more like mainstream, mass produced jewelry, the job was a lot of fun to me.

Back in Hungary I worked for law firms for a over 6 years but I never liked the field. I started going back to school to study gemology and jewelry appraising further. Again this was a lot of fun and even when I was in the hospital I went out to some classes. The rest is history. People that knew me asked me when they needed or wanted something, diamonds, engagement rings, they had special ideas in their heads and I knew this was what I loved but also it was nice to see that people are interested and that was how I started Stella Estrella. I am not that into pearls anymore (although now I am having something made by Hisano whose work I admire), instead I mostly prefer diamonds especially fancy colored ones but still love white diamonds and colored stones too. Strangely, initially I was not so much a diamond person but became a serious fan over time.

In the meantime I moved from Budapest to Vienna. Ah this is of course just a short story from one perspective and of course it only says certain things about me. I have to look at your posts now Deb.

It is very nice that this way getting to know each other we can connect posts to a person. I was also involved with perfumes and befriended and even met people from the forums. I know I have to get to the next PS get together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results