shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I caved and emailed the seller. It just gets better and better. Oh well.

This is what she wrote:
Looks like the 4 express packages I shipped on Tuesday are all in the same situation. The post office obviously is having a problem. There is nothing that can be done at the moment. I can not trace a package until a week has passed. Hopefully it will show up tomorrow .

So there you go. I might actually not have it by the holidays Callie. Hahaha. :lol:
;))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Well I wasn't able to find out much regarding USPS on time delivery track record. You can file claims for lost items 7 days after shipping date. Hopefully the earrings will arrive tomorrow. When you said that they had not arrived today the first thing that went through my mind was can't this one thing just go as planned for her!

I understand Missy logic. The reason I haven't discussed wanting the OEC diamond soon with my husband is my last ring was supposed to be for my 25 wedding anniversary. I haven't even been married 23 years yet.

I've only known one other couple who eloped before their wedding. It was a boss I had about 15 years ago. He came into work saying he was in trouble for forgetting the elopement anniversary. He wanted me to put both anniversary dates on my calendar so I could remind him. Crazy!

How did your therapy session go today. Are you going to ask your doctor to give you something to help you sleep?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's my experience that Klonopin is not particularly helpful for sleep. Patients with a constant level of anxiety like it. Xanax would indeed get you to sleep, Ativan lasts longer though and that is what you need for sleep maintenance. It takes them both approximately 20 minutes to kick I n.

Love those socks!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409865275|3744961 said:
Hi Missy, Well I wasn't able to find out much regarding USPS on time delivery track record. You can file claims for lost items 7 days after shipping date. Hopefully the earrings will arrive tomorrow. When you said that they had not arrived today the first thing that went through my mind was can't this one thing just go as planned for her!

I understand Missy logic. The reason I haven't discussed wanting the OEC diamond soon with my husband is my last ring was supposed to be for my 25 wedding anniversary. I haven't even been married 23 years yet.

I've only known one other couple who eloped before their wedding. It was a boss I had about 15 years ago. He came into work saying he was in trouble for forgetting the elopement anniversary. He wanted me to put both anniversary dates on my calendar so I could remind him. Crazy!

How did your therapy session go today. Are you going to ask your doctor to give you something to help you sleep?

Thanks Callie! You are right and thank you for checking for me. The seller cannot file a claim or even get the Post Office to track it until 7 days has passed. It's OK. I am over being even mildly annoyed. It is not the seller's fault and she didn't do anything wrong. This happens. I just wish she would have sent it fed ex or UPS because I never had any issues with them but I am sure others have so there is no perfect way to send them. And in the end they are (forgive me PSers) just earrings yanno?

I guess I wanted them to come yesterday or today just to have something pretty to look forward to receiving and I am still looking forward to getting them so no loss. It's not like I would be wearing them to PT or to sit on the couch lol. And hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. :pray:

PT went well today, thank you for asking. I like my therapist. He knows what he is doing and he is so nice and positive yet soft spoken and low key. The perfect combo for a good therapist IMO. He doesn't overwhelm and gently encourages and I just like who he is if that makes sense. Which is a good thing because this week I am seeing him 3 days in a row vs every other day because of Labor day. He also has 2 dogs so being an animal lover is icing on the cake. :appl:

I plan on emailing my PA (surgeon's assistant) next Wed because he is only in clinic Wed and Thurs mornings and asking him for an rx for Ativan to help me stay asleep as per azstonie's suggestion. We'll see what he says.

And Callie, you know that saying happy wife happy life? I know you and your dh must know that saying being married for almost 23 years and congratulations on that!

So, don't feel guilty. If your dh is good with you searching for an OEC and if you find the perfect OEC for you well there are many many occasions coming up. OK you used up the anniversary for a few years. No problem. How about Groundhog's day (a favorite of ours :bigsmile: ), Valentine's Day, Cinco de Mayo (we started celebrating Cinco de Mayo because it was so long between VD and my birthday with no gift giving (i.e. jewelry) occasions in between). :cheeky: Then there is always your birthday, the holidays and the date of your first date -we don't celebrate this per se but that is how we decided on our November wedding date as it was the anniversary of our first date.

Anyway, just trying to give you some ideas on how to rationalize the OEC purchase should you decide you want one or find one you love. PS is all about enabling good purchases! But seriously when the time feels right to you and you will know when that is but in the meantime it doesn't hurt to look and see what's out there. :appl: :wavey:

azstonie said:
It's my experience that Klonopin is not particularly helpful for sleep. Patients with a constant level of anxiety like it. Xanax would indeed get you to sleep, Ativan lasts longer though and that is what you need for sleep maintenance. It takes them both approximately 20 minutes to kick I n.

Love those socks!!

Thank you azstonie. There's more pairs where those came from. I went on an ordering spree haha. My favorites are the polka dot socks. So cheerful and whimsical. And thank you for the further explanation. I hear you and I am emailing the PA about this next week as I wrote above. Ativan sounds like my best bet as staying asleep is my issue. I appreciate all the info as always!

Have a good night and sweet dreams to all. :snore:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

That is terrific you slept better last night. Hopefully that is starting a new trend for you.

You are very welcome that I am hanging in here with you. I am sending you good thoughts and get better wishes every day.

Small world that you like Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes too. I was sad to see both the Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes “retire”. They sold the daily Far Side for quite a while then they quit making them. I actually have the last month still on my desk at work. I decided not to finish it since I knew they weren’t going to make them anymore. I read through them on those really, really rough days. Another favorite comic of mine is Snoopy. Thanks for posting a C&H for me.

Yes you and Marty are keeping about the same hours. He was on the phone most of the day. At one time he was on Skype, his cell phone and his office phone at the same time. We had new patio doors installed today (main floor and basement) so he had installers here most of the day as well. He just went to bed and it’s only 8:30. We had sliding patio doors and bought some Pella hinged French doors with shades inside. They sure look nice.

Coach bags are really nice. They wear really well.

I love your polka dot compression socks. They are so cute.

I like that you and Greg got married at city hall then still had a wedding with family and friends.

That is great to hear PT is still going well and you like your therapist. That makes a big difference. When I was doing PT after my knee surgeries there were 3 at the orthopedic clinic and 2 of them were great but I sure hated to see the other one was who was available to help me.

We ordered in pizza for supper tonight. I had a day at work where I wanted to beat my head on the desk but that would only have given me a headache so I just kept working. At least tomorrow is Friday!

I hope you have a decent night’s sleep.

Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, i think the earrings will probably arrive in the next day or two. That has always been my experience in the past with shipments. The one time I filed a lost shipment claim the package arrived the very next day. I understand what you mean about it not being that big of a deal. It's funny how going thru bad things, like your accident, has a way of putting everything else In perspective.
Although once they arrive imagine how great you'll look wearing them to your therapy sessions. Heck if they were mine Missy, I'd wear them to the grocery store.

Is going to therapy 3 times in a row wearing you out or does it seem to be okay? I'm glad you get along well with your physical therapist. It makes everything so much nicer when you are working with nice people. It also nice that you don't have to work with a different therapist all the time.

Hopefully the surgeon's assistant will be able to give you something to help you sleep next week. I think sometime your body gets in a pattern of waking up round the same times in the middle of the night. It's so annoying to wake up an hour after you fall asleep.

I'm lucky my husband believes in the happy wife, happy life saying. We never usually give presents for holidays or birthdays. If I find something I really want he usually doesn't have a problem with me getting it. I'm pretty spoiled so you won't hear me complaining. I've just made two large purchases close together so I feel like I shouldn't even think of making another large purchase.

How sweet that you and Greg married on the anniversary of your first date. Did you family and friends know that you had eloped earlier?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409889582|3745206 said:
Hi Missy, i think the earrings will probably arrive in the next day or two. That has always been my experience in the past with shipments. The one time I filed a lost shipment claim the package arrived the very next day. I understand what you mean about it not being that big of a deal. It's funny how going thru bad things, like your accident, has a way of putting everything else In perspective.
Although once they arrive imagine how great you'll look wearing them to your therapy sessions. Heck if they were mine Missy, I'd wear them to the grocery store.

Is going to therapy 3 times in a row wearing you out or does it seem to be okay? I'm glad you get along well with your physical therapist. It makes everything so much nicer when you are working with nice people. It also nice that you don't have to work with a different therapist all the time.

Hopefully the surgeon's assistant will be able to give you something to help you sleep next week. I think sometime your body gets in a pattern of waking up round the same times in the middle of the night. It's so annoying to wake up an hour after you fall asleep.

I'm lucky my husband believes in the happy wife, happy life saying. We never usually give presents for holidays or birthdays. If I find something I really want he usually doesn't have a problem with me getting it. I'm pretty spoiled so you won't hear me complaining. I've just made two large purchases close together so I feel like I shouldn't even think of making another large purchase.

How sweet that you and Greg married on the anniversary of your first date. Did you family and friends know that you had eloped earlier?

I think 3 days in a row is fine for me just not great for Greg. He actually had to stay home yesterday for me because therapy was in the middle of the day since on Thursdays my therapist doesn't come in until noon vs my usual morning therapy time slot that I have Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays. So he didn't go in to work Wed (cleaning woman was here) or Thursday and it was a busy day for him. He assures me it is no problem and handled it all fine but I hate all the juggling he has to do because of me. Today I have my usual morning therapy appointment so he will take me back and forth and then leave for work at a not too late hour so at least he will be in person at work today.

I try hard not to think about our usual summer routine of leaving for the beach house early Friday mornings so we could get some cycling in and then Greg would do work from the beach house in the afternoon after our cycling. When I start thinking about our "lost" summer and autumn I get depressed so switching that off right now and thinking happy thoughts.

Yes, everyone knew about our city hall wedding in August. My parents were pissed. I mean really angry and to this day they do not acknowledge the August marriage. Which is fine. We are adults and did what we wanted to do. For many reasons I felt it was the right thing for us and not their business though they paid for the "big" wedding. We still had the ceremony with the Rabbi and Priest in front of all our friends and family and it was an amazing night. I do not regret either ceremony and have lovely happy memories of both. We danced nonstop pretty much throughout the whole evening and it was wonderful. And then we went to the Ritz Carlton and spent our honeymoon night there before going to Italy for 3 weeks for our honeymoon. I just hope I can get back to dancing with Greg one day...

I am glad your dh spoils you Callie. You certainly deserve that. I can tell you are one of the kindest sweetest most generous person and it makes me glad to know your dh cherishes and loves you.

And don't worry. If those earrings show up and if I love and keep them I will be wearing them to the grocery store as soon as I can start going to the grocery store. I miss doing simple errands like that. Which reminds me of some things I need from our local store. Another for the honey to do list...poor sweetie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1409885127|3745175 said:
Hi Missy,

That is terrific you slept better last night. Hopefully that is starting a new trend for you.

You are very welcome that I am hanging in here with you. I am sending you good thoughts and get better wishes every day.

Small world that you like Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes too. I was sad to see both the Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes “retire”. They sold the daily Far Side for quite a while then they quit making them. I actually have the last month still on my desk at work. I decided not to finish it since I knew they weren’t going to make them anymore. I read through them on those really, really rough days. Another favorite comic of mine is Snoopy. Thanks for posting a C&H for me.

Yes you and Marty are keeping about the same hours. He was on the phone most of the day. At one time he was on Skype, his cell phone and his office phone at the same time. We had new patio doors installed today (main floor and basement) so he had installers here most of the day as well. He just went to bed and it’s only 8:30. We had sliding patio doors and bought some Pella hinged French doors with shades inside. They sure look nice.

Coach bags are really nice. They wear really well.

I love your polka dot compression socks. They are so cute.

I like that you and Greg got married at city hall then still had a wedding with family and friends.

That is great to hear PT is still going well and you like your therapist. That makes a big difference. When I was doing PT after my knee surgeries there were 3 at the orthopedic clinic and 2 of them were great but I sure hated to see the other one was who was available to help me.

We ordered in pizza for supper tonight. I had a day at work where I wanted to beat my head on the desk but that would only have given me a headache so I just kept working. At least tomorrow is Friday!

I hope you have a decent night’s sleep.

Marcy

Good morning Marcy. Your new patio doors sound lovely. I love French Doors. They are elegant and we have them at our home too.

Marty sure has a lot of multitasking to do. I have to smile at all the similarities our dhs have. Fortunately Marty is a good multitasker. Skype/cell/office phone all at once and the patio door installers. OMG that's a lot of activity!

I can see why Marty was exhausted and went to bed at 8:30 for sure. I hope you both had a good night's sleep. Last night was different for me. I had trouble falling asleep I think because we went to bed an hour later and I was overtired but then I slept through. Still only got 5 hours and I feel very tired this morning but at least it was a different pattern for me. You know what they say about variety lol. Now I would love the kind of sleep variety that allows me a few extra hours of sleep please haha. Anyway hope Marty got much needed rest and you too! I am sorry you had a stressful busy day yesterday and hope today (Friday) proves to be a much better day!

I didn't know that having multiple therapists was something that was done. I agree with you that having one therapist is preferable as long as you like that therapist that is. I am sorry you had one you weren't crazy about but hope that next time you get a therapist you love. If there is a next time that is. Not sure what your thoughts are about your next possible surgery.

Ooh pizza for dinner. Yummy. I love pizza and living where we do we have a lot of good options. Though I confess I cannot eat pizza very often because I don't react well to it. Not sure if it is the tomato sauce or the bread or cheese. All foods I am supposed to avoid due to my rosacea and dietary intolerances. I think pizza is the food I miss most perhaps though as soon as I can walk and start doing more activity I am going to surprise Greg and have us go out for pizza! He will love that but I am going to keep it a surprise because it will be that much sweeter since it has been a couple of years at least since we shared a pizza.

And just for you dear Marcy another one of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes.

enjoythesmallthings.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I just wrote a post to you and it disappeared somewhere. Unfortunately I have no idea where. Have you earrings made their appearance yet? I checked Show Me The Bling and they aren't there so I guess that's my answer. Hopefully Monday. Fingers crossed.

I can certainly understand how you feel about this being a lost summer. I wish you could have spent time at the beach house even if it didn't include bike riding. I think it would have helped to just get away with Greg. The way you describe sleeping there at night in the summer sounds wonderful. It's never any fun feel stuck in the house. Think how much you'll appreciate being there next summer.

We found out today my husband will need to have hernia surgery. It's always something, isn't it. I didn't sleep most of the night last night. Please let me know if they give you something that works. I just hate to take anything that could be addicting. Add to that I worry I'll have a bad reaction like I did with Ambien. I've been in a bad mood all day. I have felt so bad about Gypsy's baby Hally. I haven't left my dog alone all night. I was gone most of the day and I swear I can't hug her enough. It was so weird because my husband came home saying he wants us to adopt another dog. When I asked why he said he worries that I'd be devastated if something happened to her. I told if we had one dog or four dogs I will still be devastated when something happens to her. She really is our family. I know you feel the same way about your babies.

I think it's nice that you and Greg had an elopement, My mother-in-law had been such a pain about everything with our wedding that there were a few times I just wanted to go away and get married. We were having our 1st house built and we moved in late July, Our wedding was in September. She threw a fit that we were going to live together before we got married. We were 30 years old. Buying a house and paying for our wedding was a lot of stress all at once. Why were you parents so mad? You still had a big wedding that they were all apart of.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409974425|3745813 said:
Hi Missy, I just wrote a post to you and it disappeared somewhere. Unfortunately I have no idea where. Have you earrings made their appearance yet? I checked Show Me The Bling and they aren't there so I guess that's my answer. Hopefully Monday. Fingers crossed.

I can certainly understand how you feel about this being a lost summer. I wish you could have spent time at the beach house even if it didn't include bike riding. I think it would have helped to just get away with Greg. The way you describe sleeping there at night in the summer sounds wonderful. It's never any fun feel stuck in the house. Think how much you'll appreciate being there next summer.

We found out today my husband will need to have hernia surgery. It's always something, isn't it. I didn't sleep most of the night last night. Please let me know if they give you something that works. I just hate to take anything that could be addicting. Add to that I worry I'll have a bad reaction like I did with Ambien. I've been in a bad mood all day. I have felt so bad about Gypsy's baby Hally. I haven't left my dog alone all night. I was gone most of the day and I swear I can't hug her enough. It was so weird because my husband came home saying he wants us to adopt another dog. When I asked why he said he worries that I'd be devastated if something happened to her. I told if we had one dog or four dogs I will still be devastated when something happens to her. She really is our family. I know you feel the same way about your babies.

I think it's nice that you and Greg had an elopement, My mother-in-law had been such a pain about everything with our wedding that there were a few times I just wanted to go away and get married. We were having our 1st house built and we moved in late July, Our wedding was in September. She threw a fit that we were going to live together before we got married. We were 30 years old. Buying a house and paying for our wedding was a lot of stress all at once. Why were you parents so mad? You still had a big wedding that they were all apart of.

Good morning Callie. I am so sorry your dh needs hernia surgery and I am also sorry you are in a bad mood. I hope that the surgery is a straightforward and relatively easy one with a quick recovery. When is it scheduled for?

I also feel so badly about Hally and was crying when I read what happened. It breaks my heart every time a beloved fur baby dies when you "know" the person. And I feel like I know many PSers and I wish there was something I could do to ease her pain but of course there is nothing we can do but listen and be supportive. Nothing heals the pain except for time and even then you are still left with pain of the loss of your loved one. It just gets easier. If we didn't love so strongly we wouldn't feel the loss so strongly but every time I question if I can go through the pain of such a loss again. When I woke up that was one of the first things I thought of. Gypsy's baby and then Kelinas's dog. I hope she is doing better.

I think you should adopt another dog though not for the same reason your dh gave you but for the reason you could save a life and what better way is there to help all the rescues and the memory of all your beloved fur babies that are now gone? Believe me every time we are about to adopt another rescue I question if I can survive the pain of another loss but somehow we always do. The human spirit can really go through a lot of agony. I feel I am living proof. ::)

I am sorry you had trouble sleeping last night. I did too. I woke up at 3AM and I am not sure if it was because my ankle had a searing pain through it to my foot and up my leg but that is what I became aware of when I woke up so maybe it woke me? Anyway I went to sleep with the compression sock and maybe that was a bad idea though I did it the 2 previous nights. So at 3AM very quietly and in the dark I had to take off my ASO brace (has velcro so it's anything but quiet when ripping off velcro lol) and then my sock and the pain continued for another few hours until I fell asleep before 6AM and then at 7AM woke up for good.

It's funny you should mention your MIL. When my dh and I were dating and for the first 7 or so years we were together I had a challenging relationship with her but as the years have gone on we almost have a good relationship. I hesitate to write that for fear of jinxing it but it's true. We speak every week (more often than my dh speaks with her) and she has been very supportive throughout this whole summer. She has sent me a card almost every week for the last 9 plus weeks since my accident with encouraging words and love. I guess it took about 15 years but I think she actually has affection for me. I wouldn't go as far as saying she loves me but maybe. We are very different but I think she finally gets (and this started happening a couple of years ago) that I am good for her son and that she was wrong about me and her preconceived notions. Is your relationship with your MIL any better now almost 23 years later or has it improved like my relationship has with my MIL?

My parents were angry we eloped because it was only 3 months to the planned wedding ceremony and reception and they didn't see the reason we could not wait. And mainly because we didn't ask them to come to the elopement. We just had a friend as our witness and that is another funny story that I won't go into now as this whole post is already too long.

The elopement was all so last minute on my part. Got engaged in January and less than 2 weeks later found our dream apartment. Closed on the apartment in March and started renovations in April and done end of July and moved in on Saturday and Sunday July 30 and 31. 2 days of moving because Greg moved from his apartment in the city first and the second day I had my stuff moved from my apartment. Exhausting. And that Sunday night July 31st I decided I was ready to spend the rest of my life with Greg. Finally and absolutely sure and as ready as I would ever/could ever be. I told Greg I am now ready to get married.

It took 7 months of engagement but I was finally sure and ready so Monday we had to go to City Hall and apply for the marriage license and then wait for the 24 hour "cooling off" period LOL and then we got married Tuesday morning and Greg went to work. Hahaha. Doesn't sound romantic but it was. He bought me those fake bouquet flowers they sell outside City Hall for the marriages and I still have it. :bigsmile: We were the only couple getting married there who were wearing a dress and suit. There were people getting married in shorts and tees LOL and I have a feeling the judge who married us was thinking WTH were 2 professionals doing eloping like this. I still have a good memory and chuckle about the day despite the way my family feels. but that's OK.

I would have done one thing differently and included my family in that day if I could go back but I got caught up in the moment. I was ready which if you knew me at that time was quite the milestone as I was never ever getting married when I was in my teens and twenties and when Greg proposed after dating all those years I nearly passed out. I hate change that much and I think that was what had been holding me back all those years and the reason I needed a long engagement so I could get used to the idea. So you see when I was ready I was ready and didn't want to wait anymore. Missy logic again. :cheeky:

I am so sorry about the long stream of consciousness post I just wrote Callie. I don't want to bore you further with the earrings but suffice it to say they arrived and promptly broke. :(sad I posted about it in my rocky talk thread "question about earrings" so if you want the sordid details. But long story short the seller is going to make it right. Hopefully. I really hope she is going to fix both O rings they are too thin and fragile and not secure at all. I am not sure she really gets the fact that they are not safe to wear with the thickness the O rings currently are but we will see. Just another thing my dh has to do now. Go to the Post Office and send them back.

To complicate things she said the PO won't have a box/envelope big enough to send the way she wants them sent back so I have to find a different jewelry box so it can fit into the PO's envelopes. Not sure if I am going to have much luck doing that but Greg says not to worry he will take care of it. Just another Saturday chore for him now in addition to laundry, Costco shopping and other errands. And Saturday is a crazy day at the Post Office but I don't want to wait till Monday and in any case Greg's work is way too busy now to take me to PT and go to the PO on Monday. Sigh.

I will post an earshot since I promised of the good earring i.e. the one not broken and then of the broken one.

I hope your day gets better Callie and I am sending some cheering up dust your way and dust for your dh's fast recovery. And big (((Hugs))) too.

_22007.jpg

_22008.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Now I really did it :((l

Hi Missy, I'm sorry to hear you had another rough night. It sounds like the socks played a major part last night. Do you think part of it might be that your body has gotten used to waking up every couple hours. I could be wrong but from 12:30 on I've been waking up very hour or two and I think my body thinks it's normal now. I need to go the doctor in the next couple weeks and am going to ask what I should do. I plan on taking the Xanax 3 nights in a row and see if that will make a difference. Although if you wake up because your in pain that would be a whole different thing. I wake up because I'm really hot as in hot flashes. I'm currently on hormones and still have them bad at night. I won't take a stronger dose so i guess I may just have to live with it. I have the air conditioning set At 61 at night and I still feel like I'm on fire. That is the one good thing about winter. If my husbands out if town I set the heat at 55 at night. When he's home I set it at 57. My poor husband. He says it's so cold in here every morning I can see my breath. I'm sure it's also fun when his feet hit the cold tile in the bathroom.

I LOVE your elopement story. It reminds me of the movie When Harry Met Sally. When Billy Crystal's character said when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. I'm glad your mother in law appreciates you now. I can't imagine it being any one not being kind to you. Things never got any better with mine and she passed away a few years ago suddenly. She had told me many times thru the years that she didn't want any of her sons to ever marry. Even she I pointed out that she would never have had her wonderful grandchildren had they not married, she replied I don't care I still wish they never married. I didn't even know what to say to that one. I had thought she was jealous of my relationship with my husband. She treated my sister in laws the same way. My father in law had told me he had many conversations with her about being nasty to us girls. That she would one day push us away to point that she wouldn't see her sons, but nothing ever changed. When I was married about 15 years, after my father in law had passed away. She said something really awful to me. My sister in law actually gasped when I told her. I had been the daughter in law that would take her out on Saturday's to do what ever she wanted for the couple of years my father was sick so she would have a break as a caregiver. The nasty comments never stopped. My best friend sat me down after I was crying for the 50th time and said you have done everything you could. She will never like you and you have to go quit constantly going out of your way to try to change the situation. Nothing you do is appreciated so just stop. From that point forward I only did the regular family celebration stuff and stopped taking her to lunch and out shopping all the time. I told my husband that I was done. He could go visit her every weekend but I would not be joining him unless it was a whole family get together, her birthday or a holiday. I know it sounds horrible but he also watched her treat me badly and never said anything to her about it. That how things were for the couple of years until she died. Then I felt terribly guilty about it when she died. My husband and sister in laws thought I was crazy for feeling guilty but it bothered me that I hadn't continue trying. Missy, I can be such a chump sometimes. She used to manipulate things so my brother in laws never spent thanksgivings with their wives and children. They would have thanksgiving with her while their families went to my sister in laws family. I'm thankful my husband never went along with that the way his brothers did.

I agree with you about getting another dog but I'm a little afraid because my dog is very used to being the center of attention. She hates me paying any attention to another dog so I'm not sure how that would even work. I knew I'd fall in love with her but I love her like I would a child. I'm crazy about her. I never cook but when we were tying to get to the bottom of her food allergies the vet wanted her to have just chicken and rice for about a month. Every night I cooked her chicken and rice because I didn't want her having to eat precooked frozen chicken. Her vet thought I was nuts, although she does tell me she wishes all pet owners cared for and loved their pets the way I do. I told the her to you she's a dog, to me she's my daughter. I so understood Gypsy's comment about Hally being her little girl. I cried three times yesterday just thinking about what poor Gypsy is going thru. I used to think my friends were a little crazy about their pets and I'm now a hundred times worse then they ever were.

I can't get over how beautiful the earrings are. They look perfect on your ears. How could they possible think that there would not be problems with them being attached by that very thin wire. It doesn't look like the wire could possibly support the drop part of the earring. I hope she fixes them properly. I would be a nervous wreck wearing them the way they currently are. No wonder they broke.

I'm sorry this post is so long.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, I love reading your posts. They are sort of in the style mine are...that is we just write our thoughts. Just another similarity. And I enjoy reading all of your posts. Long and short. As you can see that is my problem too. It's difficult for me to write succinct to the point posts and that's OK. And I love reading all the posts no matter the length. :read:

Speaking of which are you sure we aren't sisters separated by birth LOL because there is yet another thing we have in common. I keep the bedroom freezing all year long! 60 degrees is what the a/c is set on when we go to bed and in the winter all the heat is off and windows are open in the bedroom. Greg sometimes sleeps with a hat and socks on no joke. 8) I just run hot. Not sure I ever had a hot flash (I am practically menopausal as I think it has been a year with no period but sorry if TMI) and from as long as I can remember I tend to run hot. Though if outside in the cold weather I am freezing. It's like whatever the temperature is I feel it magnified by a huge amount. Like a reptile haha. So in the winter outside I am always freezing but cannot deal with the heat inside. But the one constant is while sleeping I need it cold. Independent of that fact I like the weather to be a constant temperature with low humidity and in fact ideal weather to me is San Diego or somewhere like that.

I am really sorry you are having such a rough time with hot flashes and hormone supplementation not seeming to help very much. I cannot take hormones as any dose makes me ill and in fact was never able to tolerate any birth control pills. I hope the xanax gets you back on even keel. I am nervous to ask my doctor/PA for an Rx for that or ativan because I don't want to be labeled and we know how the medical profession is so quick to do so but I think I might email him next week.

Love that quote from When Harry Met Sally. Totally forgot about that and yes that's exactly how it was with me. I finally knew/realized and I was ready to start our life together as dh and dw. Thank you for remembering that quote. It's perfect!
when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible

I am sorry your MIL didn't appreciate you for the amazing and loving person you are. Her son is so lucky to get to spend his life with you and I don't believe she didn't see that. She was just a miserable jealous woman it sounds like and you shouldn't feel guilty as you certainly tried. I do fault your dh for not sticking up for you in front of her and telling her to treat you with respect or forget being in your lives. But that's water under the bridge now and please don't feel like you didn't do everything you could. You did and have nothing to regret. It's just sad and disappointing how people behave sometimes. And the way your BIL's behaved by treating their wives like that. Not OK in my book. Wife comes first over anyone IMO cause you are a team, a united front protected against the cold harsh world yanno? (((HUGS))) to you Callie. You deserved so much better re your MIL.

And not only are you a great wife and friend but a great mommy! Your sweet doggie is so lucky to have you. That's love. You don't cook but you do for her. I get that. They are our children no matter what others might think about that being crazy. Even if we had kids doesn't mean our fur babies would be loved and cared for any less. Not everyone is suited to sharing their life with an animal and those that don't get it should stick to human babies if that is their thing lol. Human children are pretty darn cute too! AND I think having your children grow up loving animals is a win win though for everyone. :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I took half a Xanax pill last night and slept very well. The whole pill was (.25). Only woke up twice and went right back to sleep. I did feel a little groggy for the first half hour this morning. I just worry about you being a little unsteady on you feet when you first wake up. What ever they give you to take just be sure Greg is home In the morning In case you feel groggy. I never even worried about being labeled by the doctor. When I talked to her about it I hadn't slept in about a month and was getting up at 4:00 for work. I was so exhausted I could have cared less what anyone thought. I just wanted to sleep. I really think part of the reason you aren't sleeping is due to not being active. You were used to getting lots of exercise and I'm sure stopping cold turkey has to have an effect. It could be partly because of menopause. I was at the same phase your in right now when the sleep problems started but I was also having hot flashes. I have always been hot at night while sleeping. Even when I was in my twenties. There is a difference between that and hot flashes. Don't laugh but this is the only way I can describe hot flashes. Do you remember a small children's toy called a glow worm? Kids took it to bed and if they got scared they would hug the body of it, and it's belly and chest would light up and glow. I felt like a glow worm with a hot fire that started and went thru my whole body. I know, strange! Talk to your doctor about everything, age and loss of exercise. Hopefully he will be able to give you something that can help you sleep with minimal side effects. I would not worry about being labeled. Do many women I know have gone to their doctor with sleep problems once they are close to 50.

Your post had me laughing. My husband and I had been out and he's been talking a lot lately about places we would like to retire. He would like to retire in 4 years. We were talking about Sam Diego! The weather is perfect most of the year. We both love it there but home prices are so high there. I love La Jolla, but I swear a garage is over a millon. So I doubt that will be where we end up. I hate to admit it, but one of favorite vacations spots is La Jolla and going in all the jewelry stores. My husband almost took a job in San Diego when we first married. The area we would have moved to had been hit by one of the bad fires a few years later. Needless to say I was very grateful we stayed here at the time.

Thank you for your kind words about what I went thru with my mother in law. I was able to put everything into perspective a little bit better when I thought of something my 9 year old nephew had said to me. I spent lots of time with my brothers kids when they were small. My nephew had wanted to spend the day with me one Saturday even though I was doing Christmas shopping for adults. (Oh, the power of an ice cream sundae. He knew we would get ice cream when we were finished). I must of dragged that poor child thru 15 stores looking for what my mother in law wanted for Christmas). Afterward while eating ice cream he asked why I kept looking for her gift. He said he had heard his parents talking and he knew my mother in law was not nice to me. He could not understand why I kept trying to do something really nice for someone who was mean to me. Try explaining that to a nine year old. He certainly wasn't buying that maybe she was having a bad day the times she was mean. He said he would only try really hard for the people who were nice to him. He always was a kid trapped in a 40 year old body. I had always thought she would eventually change. At least she realized I was good at buying Christmas gifts. She would call me in October and tell me to call my sister In laws and tell them we were buying a joint gift for her and I would pick it out. She did not want them buying her gift.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I forgot to tell you that I wouldn't worry about your parents not being happy about the first wedding. Your family and friends wedding sounded perfect. I'm sure your parents were beaming all day. I have a wedding picture of my mother In law after we said our vows. My father in law looked so happy. My mother In law looks like my husband was standing in front of a firing squad.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I am so glad you had a good night's sleep finally! You deserve it!
I am sure you know this but don't take the extended release if you are splitting them. That much I know and also the extended release of Xanax lasts about 11 hours as opposed to the regular Xanax which lasts around 5. I remember some of what I read the other day I guess lol.

I had a decent (for me) night's sleep last night. Only woke at midnight (not the usual 2-3 AM) and was able to fall back asleep till 5AM so I am satisfied. Tired but that is probably from not sleeping well so many nights before. It is a pattern with me. I will sleep badly for a few nights and then have a decent night's sleep and so on and so forth. I agree with you that it has to have something to do with my inactivity. Too bad my brain isn't less active LOL because I am sure I would sleep better if it was. :rodent:

Part of not sleeping well is also just being cognizant and careful of my leg and the position I am in while sleeping. It is hard to get comfortable and that is limiting my sleep quality and quantity. Part of me worries if I take any sleep meds it might cause me to hurt my leg since I would be more out of it.
I am leaning towards asking for ativan or xanax and based on azstonie's rec (I think she said Ativan) I am going to ask for that. But I am still confused about the main differences.

OK just googled the differences and from my interpretation (take my thoughts with a grain of salt since I am sleep deprived) Ativan is a better sedative though shorter in duration and associated with memory loss. I cannot afford to lose any more of my (terrible) memory but hopefully it is only short term.

http://ativanvsxanax.org/ativan-vs-xanax-for-insomnia/

I am glad Xanax is working well for you so far and fingers crossed it continues! You are only going to use it for a week or two right? I worry because when used for months it is addicting I believe and also you must taper off the benzos but you are taking a very small amount. Interesting that you were a bit groggy on such a tiny amount...I bet I would have a similar reaction.

That is a perfect description of a hot flash and I would have to say I have not yet experienced them (thankfully!) and it seems I am almost at menopause so here's hoping I don't ever experience them. My gyn at my last annual (May 2014) seemed surprised I hadn't had a hot flash yet and I guess I still can get them even well into menopause from what I understand. Hope your hot flashes get fewer and further between Callie if you are still experiencing them that is. Better yet I hope you are done with them entirely!

I had to laugh when you described your nephew's reaction to you going to so much effort to find a good gift for your MIL. Out of the mouth of babes or something like that. So true. And I get the old soul inside a young person. I was like that too when I was little. Listen to him Callie. He is wise beyond his years. You are so fortunate to have a good relationship with your niece(s) and nephew(s). I hope when my nieces get older we can enjoy a close relationship too. Right now they are so young and don't live close and I have hardly seen them this summer since my mom's accident and now they are back in school so hopefully I can catch up for lost time next summer.

LOLOL on your MIL and the firing squad. I would love to see that picture one day hahaha and I hear you loud and clear sadly. Fortunately (or not as that is open to interpretation) my MIL is a great pretender (loves to sweep things under the rug) and acted happy at our wedding though after my dad gave a toast she had to get up and give an impromptu one and OMG she was a bit tipsy and let's just say said something that showed she was jealous of my relationship with Greg. Luckily at that point pretty much everyone was too many drinks gone to get it. But I certainly did.

Anyway that is water under the bridge for me as she has been nothing but warm towards me as of these last few years (and as I wrote so supportive these last few months) so I can forgive and move on. Forgetting I won't do just so I don't repeat mistakes in the future just in case. Like you I bent over backwards to please in the first few years of us dating but after I realized that wasn't getting me/us anywhere I stopped being so accommodating and did what was good for Greg and for me. Sometimes when you cater too much to someone they don't respect you and in fact might take advantage. So that was a good lesson learned for me. Hard to learn but nevertheless it got through to my hard head.

You are right my parents were happy during my wedding. They love Greg like the son they never had. In fact (and I am not joking) they love him more than me most of the time! But that's OK with me... I am quite happy with how much he is loved by my whole family.

Oh wouldn't I love to retire in San Diego or Malibu. A beach house on the ocean in Malibu is a dream for me. However as you wrote the cost of living is too high there for us to seriously consider retiring anywhere in California especially by the ocean but I like to dream. Which is ironic given the fact that most of my dreaming is during my waking hours. Wouldn't mind getting some zzz's in so I can dream the proper way. :snore:

Oops, sorry for another hugely long post Callie! :oops:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Please don't apologize for your posts. I love them! Thy always make me laugh. So much what you say regarding family stuff is so true.

I only plan on taking the Xanax for 3 nights at the longest. I figure if I get three good nights of sleep maybe my body will start getting back into a pattern. I also think I'm taking the plain Xanax, not extended release. Its funny, anytime I worry about a medicine I always ask the pharmacist. I just feel they know more about a drug then the doctor does. My sister in laws dad was a pharmacist and he's the one who told to always consult with them if I'm unsure about something that's been prescribed. I almost never react they way most people do to medicines. I thought it was so unusual when I was younger. Now two of my friends have the same problem so it must not be that uncommon. Just being able to sleep would be so helpful to now. I really hope they can come up with something to get you thru the next couple of months. It may also change once you start the weight bearing exercises. I would think those would be exhausting while your healing, which will probably be a good thing as far as sleeping goes. Do you think that may shut your brain down a little in the middle of night?

You will always be close to your nieces. I did notice it goes in stages though. Once they hit about 14 everything was circled around their friends. Now that they are in their early 20's it's going the other way again. My niece sent me the most beautiful handwritten card after the weekend downtown. I think this niece in particular is going to be my jewelry girl. I'm really been lucky because as they have gotten older they really seems to appreciate things I do for them which really just makes me want to do more for them. When my nephew was young he used to tell me it was a good thing I didn't have children. He said I spoiled him so much that my kids would probably be brats. I told him it would be different and i wouldn't have spoiled my kids. He said he didn't believe it. Again, he's the kid who was 40 at 8.

Do your nieces love jewelry? I want at least 4 really niece pieces to leave my nieces. I understand Diamondseeker's thoughts when she says she wants pieces to leave her children. Even if they love diamonds it doesn't mean they will love the things I love. I want them to have something they love even if they have to sell my things to get it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy! How are you doing today? Did you and Greg get to go out this weekend? I don’t know when the snow starts showing up there but I figure I’ve only got a few weeks of warm weather left.

We had French doors at our old house and wanted to replace the sliding glass doors in our new house as soon as we moved in here. We haven’t even been here 2 years yet.

It is kind of interesting how many similarities our husbands have. Actually Marty is not very good at multi-tasking - he has to concentrate on one thing at a time. But he does seem to juggle things pretty well when he gets busy. It is nice that he works from home (when he’s in town) because he’s here for deliveries, repairmen, etc.

Marty did get a pretty good night’s sleep. I know sleep will be fleeting for him this week in Serbia. I hope you get some decent sleep this week. Is Greg getting more sleep?

Sounds like a good plan to look forward to going out for pizza with Greg when you can get around better. I have a lot of food allergies so I understand what a pain it can be and how hard it is to avoid some things you shouldn’t eat.

I love the Calvin and Hobbes you posted. That made me laugh.

Well gosh darn it, I hated to see that your pretty new earrings broke. I hope they make it right and get them fixed for you right away.

I fixed Marty pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning then he took off for the airport. He is on a plane to Geneva right now then on to Serbia. Since I was up early I went to the store and got some peaches, put gas in my car and mailed some cards. I made myself homemade soup for lunch and have several bowls leftover for lunch this week. I washed all the sheets and blankets today and finished a book. I was productive. Right now I am watching football.

I made myself some popcorn for supper; that sounded like a good football snack / supper.

I think I’ll get my jewel jet out and steam clean my rings and earrings tonight. The excitement around here is overwhelming, huh?

Take care.
Marcy

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Missy! Hope your doing better!
(Last time I had the chance to ask, there was only 8 pages vs 34! )
I've thought about you quite often but life kept getting in the way of asking how you were:(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1410108999|3746489 said:
Missy, Please don't apologize for your posts. I love them! Thy always make me laugh. So much what you say regarding family stuff is so true.

I only plan on taking the Xanax for 3 nights at the longest. I figure if I get three good nights of sleep maybe my body will start getting back into a pattern. I also think I'm taking the plain Xanax, not extended release. Its funny, anytime I worry about a medicine I always ask the pharmacist. I just feel they know more about a drug then the doctor does. My sister in laws dad was a pharmacist and he's the one who told to always consult with them if I'm unsure about something that's been prescribed. I almost never react they way most people do to medicines. I thought it was so unusual when I was younger. Now two of my friends have the same problem so it must not be that uncommon. Just being able to sleep would be so helpful to now. I really hope they can come up with something to get you thru the next couple of months. It may also change once you start the weight bearing exercises. I would think those would be exhausting while your healing, which will probably be a good thing as far as sleeping goes. Do you think that may shut your brain down a little in the middle of night?

You will always be close to your nieces. I did notice it goes in stages though. Once they hit about 14 everything was circled around their friends. Now that they are in their early 20's it's going the other way again. My niece sent me the most beautiful handwritten card after the weekend downtown. I think this niece in particular is going to be my jewelry girl. I'm really been lucky because as they have gotten older they really seems to appreciate things I do for them which really just makes me want to do more for them. When my nephew was young he used to tell me it was a good thing I didn't have children. He said I spoiled him so much that my kids would probably be brats. I told him it would be different and i wouldn't have spoiled my kids. He said he didn't believe it. Again, he's the kid who was 40 at 8.

Do your nieces love jewelry? I want at least 4 really niece pieces to leave my nieces. I understand Diamondseeker's thoughts when she says she wants pieces to leave her children. Even if they love diamonds it doesn't mean they will love the things I love. I want them to have something they love even if they have to sell my things to get it.

Hi Callie, that is so sweet of your niece (the letter she wrote to you) and nephew (saying you are so good to them). It is clear how much they love and adore you and you them. And those are very lucky girls and I know will enjoy your gorgeous jewelry when you gift it to them. I don't know yet if my nieces will appreciate jewelry as much as I do though I am teaching them early lol. I am leaving all my jewelry to them in addition to buying them staple pieces as they get older. Right now I have only given them each a simple gold necklace and pendant and a gold bracelet since they are young and do not yet have pierced ears.

I agree pharmacists know more about drugs than many doctors. I am glad you are only taking it for a few nights in a row. I am conflicted as I broke the Ambien habit cold turkey a few years ago and have been doing well since (independent of the accident and aftermath that is) and I am reluctant to start back on any med to help me sleep. Last night I woke at 2:30 AM and that was it. I had an early PT at 7:40 AM this morning and I think just knowing that prevented me from falling back to sleep. My brain doesn't shut off easily and maybe I should accept some medication assistance I don't know.

Good news- I took a shower by myself the last 2 days WOOHOO! Greg needed to set it up with the shower chair and stool but I got in and out of the shower myself and I am very happy about that. One less thing Greg has to do for me and every little thing counts. I have also been able to make him sandwiches for lunch since I can stand on my good leg for a couple of minutes at a time without too much pain in the other leg. Baby steps and seeing progress and that is good and gives me strength.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1410141231|3746750 said:
Hi Missy! How are you doing today? Did you and Greg get to go out this weekend? I don’t know when the snow starts showing up there but I figure I’ve only got a few weeks of warm weather left.

We had French doors at our old house and wanted to replace the sliding glass doors in our new house as soon as we moved in here. We haven’t even been here 2 years yet.

It is kind of interesting how many similarities our husbands have. Actually Marty is not very good at multi-tasking - he has to concentrate on one thing at a time. But he does seem to juggle things pretty well when he gets busy. It is nice that he works from home (when he’s in town) because he’s here for deliveries, repairmen, etc.

Marty did get a pretty good night’s sleep. I know sleep will be fleeting for him this week in Serbia. I hope you get some decent sleep this week. Is Greg getting more sleep?

Sounds like a good plan to look forward to going out for pizza with Greg when you can get around better. I have a lot of food allergies so I understand what a pain it can be and how hard it is to avoid some things you shouldn’t eat.

I love the Calvin and Hobbes you posted. That made me laugh.

Well gosh darn it, I hated to see that your pretty new earrings broke. I hope they make it right and get them fixed for you right away.

I fixed Marty pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning then he took off for the airport. He is on a plane to Geneva right now then on to Serbia. Since I was up early I went to the store and got some peaches, put gas in my car and mailed some cards. I made myself homemade soup for lunch and have several bowls leftover for lunch this week. I washed all the sheets and blankets today and finished a book. I was productive. Right now I am watching football.

I made myself some popcorn for supper; that sounded like a good football snack / supper.

I think I’ll get my jewel jet out and steam clean my rings and earrings tonight. The excitement around here is overwhelming, huh?

Take care.
Marcy

Wow Marcy, you did a lot. I am sure Marty appreciated getting a delicious and hearty breakfast before he left for Serbia. You are a good wife. And I have had popcorn for dinner before. I miss those days because I am under strict orders from the surgeon to eat lots of protein while I heal so I haven't had any popcorn or cereal dinners these last few months and I miss it. Hope you enjoyed the popcorn and the football!

Oh and I hope there is no snow for a long while. I hate the cold and more importantly I do not know how I would be able to navigate on ice and snow so not ready for that yet. Hopefully we have many many months till the bad weather but I hear you because it seems more often than not it goes from summer to winter by us without much of an autumn though we lucked out this summer as it wasn't too hot or humid.

Enjoy the day and I hope Marty's business trip goes well and that he does get some good sleep while he is away. And hope before you know it he is back home to you! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1410149936|3746806 said:
Missy! Hope your doing better!
(Last time I had the chance to ask, there was only 8 pages vs 34! )
I've thought about you quite often but life kept getting in the way of asking how you were:(

Hi Kelinas! I am doing well thank you for asking. How is your sweet dog doing? I hope she is getting stronger and better each day. I have been keeping her (and you) in my thoughts and sending healing vibes her way.

Thank you for stopping by and checking in on me. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, How exciting you were able to take a shower by yourself. Isn't it amazing how we take the small things for granted. All the work you've done in physical therapy is paying off. Look at here you were just a month ago and look at you now. You can now make sandwiches! These are big accomplishments right now. Every step you make gets you closer to riding your bike at the beach house. Can you hear my yoohoo's? Before long you'll be doing weight bearing exercises.

Were you and Greg able to get outside yesterday? We had beautiful weather yesterday. We went to a wine festival and brought the dog with us. I wasn't sure how she would do with there being large groups of people but she did great. We probably walked 3 or 4 miles and she walked the whole time. Not bad considering she's only 7 pounds. We stopped to give her water a few times and she was good to go and loved all the attention she received from strangers.

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. We should have gone on Pricescope. I was up from 2:30 and didn't fall asleep until around 6:00, and I took the Xanax. So much for that working. I should get up but I keep thinking if I lay there I'll fall asleep faster. I wish I could just turn my brain off for 8 hours. Wouldn't that be nice if we all had a switch. Hopefully tonight will be better for both of us.

Do you have any plans with visitors this week? Have you been able to see your parents or your sister and nieces?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, thank you for being such a wonderful and supportive friend. I do hear the yoo-hoos all the way from where you are. :wavey:

Sounds like a lovely day you enjoyed with your dh and sweet doggie. Love a wine festival and the weather was perfect. That is a good walk for your dog and great exercise. Her little legs worked hard to do all those miles. :appl:

We enjoyed going out yesterday too but nothing too exciting at all. Just a wheel around the 'hood LOL. But it was heavenly being outside for a few hours after being cooped up most of the week.

How funny we were both awake at 2:30 AM. I am sorry the Xanax didn't work. :blackeye:

We must be on some weird PS Mental Telepathy wavelength to be awake at the same exact time. I daren't get out of bed to go online and check PS at that time though. I spend enough time on PS as it is haha. Not that I don't enjoy every minute of it I do. :halo:

I haven't seen my parents or sister or nieces for a long while. My sister and her family were on vacation last week of August and beginning of September and now the girls are in school. I miss everyone but chat with them often. I have a friend visiting me Friday so looking forward to that. My life has been pretty slow and routine but I guess with partial weight bearing and the pain and swelling associated with that coming up I will long for slow and routine soon. ::) But I know it is good because it means I will be (hopefully) progressing and that much closer to recovery and getting my life back as I knew it at least to a large degree I hope and pray!

Marcy! I forgot to respond to what you wrote about your life being so exciting. Umm compared to mine it is girlfriend and it sounds quite perfect to me! With the exception of your dh traveling so often but I suppose it is just a matter of getting used to it and you have your enjoyable routine by now when he is traveling. But oh so NOT boring to me. Popcorn for dinner, cleaning your jewels with the jewel jet, whatever you want to do, Perfectly lovely!

And I'm glad you like that Calvin and Hobbes I posted. That's one of my all time favorites! Love the sentiment. And just for you here's a couple of Far Sides.

catandreligion.jpg

catandgoldfish.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

I am sorry you woke up so early again today. How was PT?

How exciting you took a shower by yourself. As Calliecake said that puts you one step closer to riding your bike again. That is great you are able to make some sandwiches too. Progress!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love the Far Sides you posted. Thanks.

Marty and I are generally quite content at being boring. I like cereal for meals too. I eat a bowl of dry cereal at work every day. When we are on vacation I start to miss my cereal. I try to be a good wife to Marty. He pretty much spoils me rotten.

I hope you don’t have to venture out in snow and ice anytime soon. I know exactly what you mean about ice. I hate it and really worry about walking on it. When do you guys start getting snow? We usually have one snow in late September, then a few inches of snow here and there in early October. Then it warms up until Halloween and gets awful on that day. As a kid I always had to wear thermals under my thin Halloween costume.

Marty made it to Serbia then went right to work. I hope he sleeps tonight. They are 8 hours ahead of us.

Speaking of being sleepy I think I’ll go get ready for bed. I kept waking up last night and checking Marty’s flight status.

Take care!
Marcy

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I just opened PS and haven't been able to read all the posts. I couldn't wait to tell you my thoughts and prayers are with you! (((HUGS)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1410230090|3747462 said:
Hi Missy,

I am sorry you woke up so early again today. How was PT?

How exciting you took a shower by yourself. As Calliecake said that puts you one step closer to riding your bike again. That is great you are able to make some sandwiches too. Progress!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love the Far Sides you posted. Thanks.

Marty and I are generally quite content at being boring. I like cereal for meals too. I eat a bowl of dry cereal at work every day. When we are on vacation I start to miss my cereal. I try to be a good wife to Marty. He pretty much spoils me rotten.

I hope you don’t have to venture out in snow and ice anytime soon. I know exactly what you mean about ice. I hate it and really worry about walking on it. When do you guys start getting snow? We usually have one snow in late September, then a few inches of snow here and there in early October. Then it warms up until Halloween and gets awful on that day. As a kid I always had to wear thermals under my thin Halloween costume.

Marty made it to Serbia then went right to work. I hope he sleeps tonight. They are 8 hours ahead of us.

Speaking of being sleepy I think I’ll go get ready for bed. I kept waking up last night and checking Marty’s flight status.

Take care!
Marcy

Hi Marcy, I know what you mean about waking up and checking the flight status in the middle of the night. I did that too when Greg traveled for work. It's a relief when you see the plane landed safely. I hope you and Marty had a good night's sleep.

How funny because when I was working I used to eat dry cereal as a snack midmorning lol. I don't know anyone else who eats dry cereal at work. In fact I am craving some right now! What's your favorite? I like the Quaker oatmeal squares. I know it is not too nutritious but it's a delicious snack IMO. I also like cheerios.

PT was good yesterday, thanks for asking. I didn't have more movement of my heel unfortunately but as my therapist said it's not always going to be possible to see improvement and at least I didn't lose ground. I am nervous because next Monday begins partial weight bearing and my ankle/foot still cannot flex towards me more than a few degrees and I need more movement of the ankle to be able to walk but I am getting ahead of myself. Partial weight bearing only so not even sure what I will be able to do next week. In a way I am dreading it though I am looking forward to it too as I know I need to get through the tough time ahead so I can start walking. I want to just do it even though I am a bit scared. Sometimes I am such a scaredy cat. I have that in common with my fur babies... that's for sure!

Thankfully we don't usually get snow till December though we have had snow in October so anything can happen and well usually does so no expectations on my part. If I am lucky the inclement weather will hold off till I can walk and have my balance back but if not I will manage and figure it out. Hope you have a mild autumn and winter Marcy. I cannot believe how early you guys can get snow. By us Halloween is usually mild but it varies. I used to love Halloween as a kid and loved getting dressed up in a wacky costume and really loved all the yummy candy I used to get and eat haha. Those were the days.

Glad you enjoyed the Far Side comics...I thought they were funny too. So true about cats. How does that go? With dogs you are the master and with cats you are the servants. Hahaha.

Hope you are enjoying a good day and not missing Marty too much and before you know it he'll be back home with you! :wavey:

oatmealsquares.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1410258195|3747612 said:
Oh no! I just opened PS and haven't been able to read all the posts. I couldn't wait to tell you my thoughts and prayers are with you! (((HUGS)))

Aw, thank you so much Danny. I really appreciate your thought and prayers. It has been a long haul but I am hanging in there and all the good wishes and encouragement from PSers make such a difference. Thank you for the hugs and (((hugs))) back at ya... Hope you are doing well! :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Just checking in to see how your feeling. I hope your therapy is going well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1410355766|3748321 said:
Hi Missy, Just checking in to see how your feeling. I hope your therapy is going well.

Hi Callie, thanks for checking in with me! Therapy is going well and next week I begin partial weight bearing...cautious woohoo! :appl: :cheeky:

There are 3 different types of partial weight bearing and the surgeon didn't specify which one when he wrote the Rx for the PT so I emailed the PA (that's a whole lot of initials haha) and he wrote back it is the as tolerated type. That's good news because it is the best of the 3 and that way we don't have to figure out percentages of my body weight etc but just do little by little.

My PT says now we have to expect a little pain/discomfort but only a little is OK and it has to be gone the next day and if it isn't we have to cut back. So next week is the start of the difficult work for me and I am mentally prepared. Well as mentally prepared as I can be without ever having gone through anything like this before.

My therapist warned me today that I have to expect setbacks in term of pain and swelling but it's all part of the process. And he seems conservative re pain because as I wrote pain that doesn't go away within the day is unacceptable and then we dial it back.

My sister visited today so that was a nice break from my normal routine as it had been a month since I saw her last. The girls are in school and wow a little 6 yo boy new to their school has started bullying the girls and very first day he hit (lightly) my 6 yo niece. He went up to her and said I am going to punch you and then he did! :o

Long story short he was expelled from his previous school and now he's at my niece's school but no one knew that till today. OMG.Anyway that's another story but my niece is totally fine and wasn't phased at all and didn't even tell my sister until much later that night as in oh listen to this we have a new mean boy at school.:blackeye: She wasn't even upset.

My niece's friend witnessed the whole thing and corroborated the story when the teacher spoke to the new boy because at first the new boy lied and denied he hit her.So luckily another child witnessed the whole event. The principle and teacher forced him to sit out 3 days of recess as a disciplinary action. And guess what? Even after all that and him being forced to sit out 3 recesses right after the 3 days were finished he went up to another little girl and said he was going to punch her! Scary that such bad behavior is starting so young and I actually feel for this little boy because I can only imagine the home he comes from. I just had to share that story.
;(

Just to be clear my niece is absolutely fine and just says he is a mean boy. My niece is such a sugar sweet little girl. Everyone loves her. Except that little boy that is.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOOT!!! Solo shower! Way ta go!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results