shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hope the clinic decides to do the right thing and have patients' medical histories available. Do they have some statutory obligation to keep them/have them available for a certain period of time? I would hope so, but have no idea.Two months isn't much of a history on health records; it's more like the blink of an eye!

Jimmianne, happy birthday greetings that officially come in under the wire, but are probably too late for you to see on your actual birthday. Hope it was a good one, but even if it wasn't anything special you're still alive at the end of the day and that's a great thing all in itself. I 'm looking forward to watching you asscher your way to the perfect ring. I like that you take action while I only dither about finding "the one."

Junie, sorry you are feeling low, but it's expected. Holiday season when you've lost a loved one can be so hard. And it's okay to feel that sadness, but remember my 3-day rule and watch some fun videos if that helps lift your spirits. I get some pretty funny pet ones on my FB feed.

Scandi, when I was growing up our friends across the street were first generation Swedish-American, and they opened their gifts on the 24th. We'd go over to celebrate with them and Mom would let us take one present over to open early. But we really wanted to open them all and thought we were getting the bad end of the deal because we weren't Swedish!!! And it was at their house I discovered I don't care for pickled herring, but loved Swedish Christmas cookies and yulekake. I tried pickled herring again this summer when we were in Stockholm - still didn't like it! But I love the Santa Lucia traditions (although the story is quite grim) and went to a few of those celebrations as a kid. There was a very strong Scandinavian tradition when I was younger (less of one now) because of all the Swedish and Norwegian immigrants who settled here in the early 1900's.

Kristie, I don't know that I bend flowers so much as shove and manhandle them. But it was a fun class and I liked seeing how everyone approached their arrangements using the same materials but different concepts.

I'm headed to Canada early Friday morning to celebrate Christmas with the Canadian contingent of the family and am not sure how much I'll be able to post. But here's the ornament of the day, the Happy-potamus:

Have a great weekend!!

dsc_389.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, your floral arrangement looks nice. I like your reindeer and happy-potamus. Have a nice time in Canada.

Scandi, I like your Christmas traditions. Love the first day of visiting and eating. BTW my dreams were crushed today – the empty dishwasher remained that way and dirty dishes were plentiful on the countertop. Rats. Marty isn’t good at hints - and often points that out to me. Glad to hear your grandmother is improving and you have some close friends helping to keep an eye on her. I love lacy white clothes; dresses and tops. At our last house I had off white lace curtains and table cloth but Marty was kind of sick of them when we moved and I don’t have one bit of lace out here. Your pictures are fabulous.

Jimmianne, I am in a minority on PS in that IMO small stones can be equally dynamic as a larger stone. It’s what you like that matters. Maybe you can find a matching stone and make earrings. Then had those to give with a bigger asscher. Yes, I am an enabler all right. It’s probably cold enough to send cheesecake through the mail right now. Good deal your pictures just show up. I like that too.

Missy, I hate to hear work was so stressful for you yesterday but I am glad the medical director came to talk to you about your concerns. That is kind of crazy only have access to previous records for only a few months. You’d think they’d have to transfer it all over to the new system. I hope you and Dee Jay get a chance to get together. You ladies will have fun. Your poem for Jimmianne is great!

June, sorry to hear you are a little down today. You’ve been through so much lately. Big hugs to you! Are you still wearing your pretty new cluster ring?

Kristie, I wish I was back in Carmel and Monterey this week. Saturday’s high is going to be 2.

We ended up with about 5 inches of snow. My car slid a little bit this morning but came right out of it. We warmed up to about 50 degrees today so most of it melted. Tomorrow they are expecting about 6 inches of snow and plunging temperatures. Winter is definitely upon us.

Work was hectic today but the day zipped by. Marty and I ran back to Target and Walgreens tonight then drove around looking at Christmas lights.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday girls and MERRY HOLIDAYS !!

I love holidays! Can you tell?? :lol: But then again I love snow, and plan to escape into the mountains on the 26th or something like that :) Snowmobiles for the children and the whole shabang :)

Marcy, I'm soooo envious of your snow! I wish we had snow. It has melted to ice, so horrible to walk in the forest (can any of you tell me when I should use "forest" and when I should use "woods" ??) Oh well. There is a lot of threes and I plan to walk amongst them on Sunday :lol:

Saturday will be horrible! :shock: I will be making waffles for HOURS and HOURS. Voluntary work that is not voluntary, but part of the price for our children’s ski training. Once a year, there is a *big* competition thing for tons of children (older than mine, I'm not letting DD in this year, she would be the youngest and not do very well so I'm trying to protect her from failing too horribly, lol) and *someone* has to make and sell cakes... LOL. Oh well. It was either that or being outside in the track to make sure everybody makes the right turn and not get lost. I figured that would be even colder.. at least now we will have free access to hot coffee :lol:

Jimmianne, did you have a good birthday? I really hope so! You deserve it!! Wish you were here so I could spoil you :halo:

Rainwood, yes, lots of Scandinavian (well, perhaps not Danish?) immigrants! The years here then - or so I'm told - were horrible. Not too many from my family though, just my grandmothers grand uncle or something like that. Either they were OK, or they could not afford the boat ticket. Probably the latter. Crops were failing badly. The family I know of were mostly working in mines. Not looking for diamonds though...

June, this one is for you, remember to turn up the sound: (Jimmianne, Rainwood and Kristie - I think you might like this too ;)) And you Missy! Oh, just watch the thing all of you! :lol: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCRDskZrUMU

I was watching a movie, The family stone, last night, have you seen it? I could not focus on the story, just the stone... lol. Now I want to reset my stone to look like that one.. I love Clair Danes though, especially in Romeo and Juliet.

Missy, re picture of saffron buns, no not furbaby. But one that looks very much like her :) I stole the picture ;)) How was work? I think that is horrible that they will not store the patient information. Perhaps Greg can find some legal thing to say that they have to? Hope you don't have to quit, I think you like helping your patients. Love the poem!

Jimmianne, thank you for that picture! I just LOVE it!! Looks like an image from a Disney Christmas move :bigsmile:

CJ and Gypsy, if you are reading: Miss you and hope you are well!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and now my heart breakes because I have to pretend to be mad at furbaby because she stole a teddybear from DS to get my attention.. (home office today because the hospital is sending my grandmother home today, and I don't think she can be alone just yet..)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning all!

Thank you for the BD wishes!
I had zero expectations for the day and it ended up being wonderful. I even got bling from my DD to top things off - a delicate Sagittarian constellation pendant.

Marcy, I'm thinking of you with that low temperature! You really do live on the edge/in the wilds, etc. I remember moving here from CO and thinking how tame NC was. I miss the West, but not this week. You guys are pioneers! Please bundle up and don't let your computer freeze.
oh shoot just as I typed that I remembered that I forgot to turn on the heat in the well house last night. It's 20 here. Usually I DO forget until my tenant texts to say he has a head full of shampoo and no water LOL
So can we qualify as pioneers too? Seriously, stay safe & warm.

I wish we could all get together for a holiday time party. Wouldn't that be fun? I guess we are all together, just all over the globe.
Here are some fun photo manipulations...
img_7528.jpg
img_7527.jpg
img_7526.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have already bought my DH a Christmas present, and now I kind of regret it - beacuse I like this painting..

Its big, 2x1.5 meters.

Jimmianne, please tell me that it is not a good painting so that I can get it out of my head.

_38703.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, if you really want to be talked out of it, consider that trunk down is not as auspicious as trunk up is!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check temp lower right. It's COLD outside.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1481934252.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I love holidays too. I spent many Christmas holidays at my parent’s cabin in the mountains. Lots of snow, snowmobile rides and enjoying the beauty and quiet of the snowy mountains. Have fun and take lots of pictures for us. I hate ice – I hope you get more snow that takes care of that. Around this part of the country we call lots of trees the forest. Mm waffles sound great. Have fun tomorrow at the ski competition. Oh no – not a stolen teddy bear! Your fur baby just wants your attention.

Jimmianne, I am delighted to hear you had a nice birthday. I’d love to see pictures of your constellation pendant. There is some place that has nice diamond constellation jewelry. Orion is about $15,000. I do like living in the west and Wyoming but these cold, icy winters get harder to take all the time. Yes, showering in icy cold water requires the pioneer spirit. I did that once in our trailer and screamed like a little girl every time I had to spray water on myself. Love the asscher shots.

I came home about 30 minutes early; just in time for the snow to start falling. We are expecting 6” by tomorrow morning, with wind and a high temperature of 2 degrees. Sounds like a great day to stay home. I might brew up some Christmas cookies. I don’t plan on having much of anything peg out my excitement-o-meter.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's a beautiful snowy Saturday morning at the beach. Woke up to a sweet little snow blanket covering the ground. I think we are supposed to get 6 inches but not sure cause I just woke up and didn't listen to the morning weather yet.

Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. It was a busy day as we packed up to come here for 2 weeks. Work went well Thursday and they promised they are somehow going to transfer the last 2 years of our previous EHR records to our new EHR system. If they manage to do that I will happily stay for as long as I am capable of providing good service to my patients. If I cannot manage the new system, or if the admin expects me to see too many patients (they want to increase our patient load) to give each patient the time they need obviously I won't but so far things are looking positive and I am not leaving right now. One day at a time. Scandi you are right. I like being there and I like providing care to my patients. They are underserved by most healthcare (and other) professionals who simply don't want to work that hard to give them the proper care so boo to them and that is what drives me to stay as long as I am able to do right by them.

Greg needs another biopsy unfortunately. We received the molesafe report this Thursday from his last Molesafe evaluation which was a few weeks ago and it stated he had a suspicious lesion on his thigh that needed to be evaluated. That was the site of his first melanoma and we scheduled his biopsy January 3rd. Hoping it is negative and nothing to worry about and in any case whatever it is hopefully we are getting it early enough before it becomes a problem. That saying about life and it always being something is so true. Wouldn't it be a lovely dream just to have peaceful quiet happy days free of concerns of any kind. But as long as we are proactive and we nip any problems in the bud that is what matters. Fingers crossed. :pray:

Junie, I am sorry you are feeling a bit down and I hope you are feeling better today. Thinking of you and sending hugs. It is a difficult time of year with the holidays just around the corner and people expecting cheer and the memory of loved ones who are no longer with us who used to bring joy and happiness and love especially this time of year.

Scandi, what did you buy your dh for Christmas?
That painting is colorful but I'm with Jimmianne. Prefer the trunk up. How is your grandmother doing?
I love waffles and hope today goes well for you.

I wish we brought all our baking tools to the beach but Greg didn't want to experiment in the oven here since we never baked at the beach before. Sigh. It is the perfect thing to do on a snowy weekend yanno? I feel it is a wasted opportunity and Christmas cookies are being missed by me and I am sure a few of the NIRDIs too. Sorry I am so belated this year.

Hahaha love the Blaze video. That is similar to what we go through with the kitties each time we try to get them in their carriers to travel back and forth. Except they use their nails aka claws and we feel their displeasure. They are not as polite as Blaze and they can be a real challenge and pain in the you know what. LOL.

Jimmianne, love your fun asscher pics. Have you made your mind up about the diamond?
Glad you had a lovely birthday filled with happy surprises.

Marcy, glad work went well and that you are baking today. Wish we were too. 6 inches. Same as our projected totals I think. It is freezing here and I hope our ferals will be OK. We saw a number of them yesterday afternoon just mulling about in the backyard and I kept thinking poor babies. Wish they would let us take them inside. Have fun baking today and enjoy the snow!

Callie, I think you are getting more snow than us. Stay warm and dry and comfortable. TTYL. I got up late today but it is still dark out due to the snow and no sun so it feels early still. Hope your dr appointment went well as did your other errands and that you made it back before the snow accumulated yesterday.

Rainwood, have a wonderful Canadian Christmas with your family.

Leaving you with a photo I snapped this AM when I first woke up and got my coffee. Not a great photo as visibility is low right now but just to give you an idea of the pretty scene outside. Have a good Saturday and maybe I can check back here later if anyone is around. :wavey:

snowydecembersaturday2016.jpg

firstsnowdecember2016.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, time for weather reports. What does it look like there?
After all our prep, the temperature did not go "arctic" and it is supposed to be in the 50's today.
Missy, I see you are getting snow. I hope it's beautiful and not inconvenient.

With relief that it's out of my hands, I mailed the little asscher back to the vendor yesterday. I did not want to bother insuring it and it had a problematic feather, so I was afraid to do a real test drive. I have a pretty asscher picked out at JA --- it has two tiny black spots that COULD be covered with prongs, but I think I may be too mind-clean picky. Spots in an antique, yes, in a modern cut, maybe not.
Missy, what is the name of that estate jewelers you visit from time to time? [please]

I have a tree for the first time in perhaps 12 years and the very first WHITE tree. This seems like a good year for having more cheer.
it's kind of a Charlie Brown tree, but it was pre-lit and on sale at Walmart LOL
img_7536.jpg
I planted 7 Christmas trees on the farm and was too compassionate to kill them, now they are about 12 feet tall anyway, so they are for the birds' holiday.
I got one of those cheesy light show lights too and I adore it. I aimed it at the woods and it's so disorienting you can't walk around when it's lit.
But here it is shining on my staghorn fern. I wish I could download a film clip. It looks so cool.
img_7543.jpg

Missy. I LOVE your snow pictures! Have a cozy time, baking or not!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I tried editing to share the name of the estate jewelers but then thought you might miss it there so adding it here.
Park Place Estate Jewelry. They are on First Dibs too but call them if you like something because the owner told me she has to raise her prices for First Dibs since they take a large cut and if you call her directly she will give you the true and fair price. And if you tell her you are my friend she will give you the 10% returning customer discount.

Sweet tree and I am so glad you didn't kill any of your Christmas trees on your property. Good for you and for them and the environment. Thank you sweet Jimmianne!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy.
I hope your cat-in-a-hat is enjoying the snow too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne the kitties love this and they love all the wildlife around here. They have much more fun enjoying the beach than the city and they have certainly made their preference known. Or at least HRH Francesca has by howling pitifully when we get back to NYC. She goes to the door crying as if she wants back to the beach house and when I open the door she goes outside in the hallway and looks at me as if to say this isn't the beach house. It breaks my heart a little every time. So I know where her preferences lay and when push comes to shove she wants to retire here more than I do (at least for now) that is for sure LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good day to stay home

screen_shot_2016-12-17_at_8.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Marcy,

you ARE at home today, yes? I hope.

by the way, I tried to send you an email - did it ever arrive?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1481980232|4107913 said:
Jimmianne the kitties love this and they love all the wildlife around here. They have much more fun enjoying the beach than the city and they have certainly made their preference known. Or at least HRH Francesca has by howling pitifully when we get back to NYC. She goes to the door crying as if she wants back to the beach house and when I open the door she goes outside in the hallway and looks at me as if to say this isn't the beach house. It breaks my heart a little every time. So I know where her preferences lay and when push comes to shove she wants to retire here more than I do (at least for now) that is for sure LOL.

Missy, do you tell her the beach house was bought just for HRH?
I always tell my dogs when I leave them home I am headed to the grocer to get them a treat.
It's all for them : )

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls! Posting from my phone so please forgive typos.
I have made and decorated 100 cupcakes. Made x waffles (lost count). Been on "kiosk" duty for 7 hours. I'm so very happy that this day is almost over, lol. Making dinner now for DH and me. Going to eat after the children goes to bed :bigsmile: DS is eating a banana now and that is the last child I'm feeding today !! :lol:

Marcy, that is really cold! We might get about -25C during Christmas but nothing like that here yet! Now it just -3C.

I love that you girls like to talk about the weather. You should be made honorary Scandinavians !! The weather is our favourite subject, lol. We even joke about it, not the weather (that would be seriously unpopular!) but about talking too much about the weather and thus being too typical Scandinavian :lol:

Jimmianne, I think you made the right call on the asscher. Personally, I don't like any inclusions that can be seen. But then again I'm a bit too picky. If we could afford it, my preferable would be D colour IF. LOL. I'm hopeless. But in real life, I think it is always important to weigh pros and cons and look at value for money... I really hope you find one that screams at you to buy it!

Missy! I was almost worried about you, lol. Habits are such weird things :lol: You and Jimmianne are my lunch news! 2 weeks at the beach house sounds fantastic. I'll try to find you a cake that I want :) as I'm not getting any cookies I mean :)

Callie, hope everything is OK?

Hugs!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I forgot! I love love love you tree!

Missy, have the kitties ever been outside in the snow? My baby loves snow! She puts her head in and blows a lot of air out her nose :lol:

EDIT: forgot. Again. LOL. I have bought a speaker system for the new house for DH for Christmas. He loves music so I thought he might like a system where all the main rooms are connected and can be controlled together when you want to. Fingers crossed... He is really good at playing the piano and has always wanted a concert piano but that will have to wait until the house is finished... :shhh:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can have a touch of lactose or just replace butter with lactose free alernative!

400 gram almonds
400 gram sugar
4 ts baking powder
6 egg whites

Yellow cream:
6 egg yolks
1.5 dl cream
150 gram sugar
2 ts vanilla sugar
200 gram butter

Melt dark chocolate for topping

Result:

img_5729-1.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, nice you woke up to a beautiful snow scene. That does sound like a positive direction at work and you are there primarily to give your patients the care they deserve so I hope things turn for the best. I can’t imagine not having access to old patient records. I am sorry to hear Greg needs another biopsy. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for him. Enjoy your 2 weeks of vacation. We didn’t get the 6” of snow they predicted. It looks more like 2”. It is sure cold though. I am sure the feral kitties will find ways to keep warm. Your shelter has got to be a favorite place. A lady at work was telling me her dad’s cat snuck out the other day and was out all night but they found her the next morning snuggled up against the house under the porch. She felt bad she hadn’t even noticed he was missing. I love your snow pictures but that ocean looks very, very cold. Too cute HRH prefers life at the beach.

Jimmianne, you are having a heat wave compared to where I live. Your tree looks fabulous. My best friend growing up always had a white tree with white lights and all red ornaments. I always thought it was the most beautiful and elegant tree. I loved it. The Christmas light projector looks great. I bet it really lights up at your house. We noticed the ones in town with all the porch and street lights look kind of washed out. I bet your 12 foot Christmas trees are awesome. Our old house had a high vaulted ceiling and we could get 13 to 14 feet trees in there. Bye bye to your sweet asscher but how fun to be searching for another one. Asschers are very classy looking cuts. I can’t afford jewelry until the spring sometime so I’ll get to enjoy seeing what treasures you come up with. I got an email from you on Wednesday that I answered. Is that the one you are referring to? I’ll send you one from 2 different emails and you will hopefully get one of them. I don’t know what is going on with my normal email address.

Scandi, you certainly had a busy day with cupcakes and waffles. It sounds like we can end up slightly colder weather than you but not by much. December and January are the worst months. We often have about -28C for a few weeks with wind chills -40C. Once February or March gets to 4C we are ready to run around in shorts. I love talking about weather and enjoy watching it. Clouds, lightning and storms are fascinating to me. LOL that you put in a cake order.

BTW, If any of you send me an email and I don’t answer – I didn’t get it. Phooey!

Not much going on here today. I got out a new cotton tablecloth I bought and let’s say I probably won’t use it again because that sucker needs ironed and Marcy and irons don’t usually meet. That’s what I get for buying a cheap tablecloth at Kmart. I’ll look for a nicer plaid tablecloth after Christmas. Marty did a double take when he came upstairs. I don’t think he approves.

One of Marty’s gym buddies just got here. It’s up to -5F now. At least the sun is out. We didn’t get much snow so with the sun out we’ll get a lot of ice.

I want to plan our Christmas dinner today. I certainly have no desire to go shopping for it though.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!
Long breakfast + movie with the children. Disney's (?) Brave. Love it!!
Now - off for a long walk with furbaby!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandi, 100 cupcakes and x waffles. That's a lotta cupcakes + X and good for you for getting it accomplished and done all for a good reason. :appl: I like baking but only in shorter amounts and sometimes when you do so much baking at once it feels like a chore. And when I say I of course I mean my dh and I. Since I don't bake per se but I am his sous pastry chef. And sous chef. 8) Though I may be flattering myself since I basically just load the cookie gun and add sprinkles when necessary. :lol:

No most of our kitties have never been in the snow with the exception of HRH Francesca who was actually found in the snow with her (biological) brothers (who were adopted by other people) when they were just born by some firemen and brought to my sister's place of work where she called me. :lol:

Our kitties are indoor pampered kitties who would be terrified to go outside. I wish they were less scaredy cats than they are but this is who they are. My first 3 kitties in the early 90s were all fearless and just so personable to everyone. Buster who I rescued at the ASPCA was my first kitty and then came Billy and Butch a year later.

In fact Butch and Billy were also found in the snow by 2 adorable little old ladies who brought them to my sister who promptly called me because I had only 1 cat at the time (I was 26 and still "normal" hahaha) and she begged me to take them. I remember saying to her but Debbie I don't want to be a crazy cat lady and she said Buster needs company because I am rarely home and it's not fair to him and BAM. I adopted Billy and Butch who were the most social and courageous cats ever and wonderful in every way. Then I met Greg who was deathly allergic and the rest is history. He fell in love with the cats and somehow liked me too. :cheeky:

But I digress. Hope you are enjoying a lovely walk with F this morning. All our snow is gone (for now) and it is 57 degrees F this minute. LOL. But not nice out at all. Raining and windy and it is freezing up again tonight. Crazy weather.

Marcy, I am with you. I don't iron either. That's why all (most) of my clothes are no iron and look crisp no matter what so that works for me. And for the few things that must be ironed Greg is a doll and has no problem doing it for me. Though I did buy a great steamer too but usually I just ask him to iron what needs ironing for me. Everyone should have a Greg. 8-)

Planning your Christmas meal sounds like fun and good for you for being ahead of the game plan. Are you having a lot of people over?
And wow it is cold by you. Today it is 57 degrees here but wait a minute. It will be back to freezing before the day is through. Brrrrr.

Re work I was relieved for about a minute (well 24 plus hours). Long vent ahead so please skip if you are not in the mood.

The other eye care provider at work (E) called me yesterday to complain about the new EHR system and also tell me that she *thinks* one of the EHR guys that our clinic hired to teach us the system *might* have changed my template! What the F***. I was so angry I texted the medical director yesterday (Saturday) who texted me right back telling me not to worry that he probably didn't. But I think he did based on what E told me and I am not a paranoid person but I swear I think E did this on purpose. She would love me to leave so she could take my days.

I was so mad I called work after I texted the medical director (limited hours on Saturday and hardly any providers work there on Saturday) hoping R (the EHR guy) would be there but he wasn't so I left a message with one of our administrative assistants that he should call me back ASAP Monday morning. We will see if he returns my call or not. I want to find out from him if he changed my template.

It is not a simple fix if he did change my template as the woman who created it for me (Laura) with my input won't be back as she returned to Boston and it was costing the clinic $1200 for her expertise and they won't be having her come back. So we have R who is terrible and not clear and also IMO a chauvinist and well other things I won't mention here since I only have my gut feeling but Callie is privy to my first conversation with R and let's just say I think he is prejudiced in many ways. So I am very displeased I have to deal with him and very unhappy he might have made irrevocable changes to my template that I worked so hard on with Laura this past Wednesday. I am back to wanting to leave if I cannot get this right.

I know some of you (not my NIRDIs of course) think I am crazy but if you knew me in real life you would understand that I am a very reasonable person with common sense and a good attitude though I know on PS sometimes my attitude seems less than positive. I just have to vent about this ludicrous turn of events and just get it out of my system. I am hoping I can deal with this and manage to get my template back to functional and efficient but I am worried. Ugh. :blackeye: Thanks for listening and back to regularly scheduled programming.

Jimmianne, yes HRH is spoiled and knows we do what we can to make her happy. LOL they are really good kitties despite being scared of so much and we love them like crazy. They each have such unique personalities and are so sweet in their own weird ways. Even psycho kitty Bobby. All he really wants is love and affection. Don't we all? :halo:

Leaving you with a contrast photo from this morning compared to yesterday. Crazy right? Snow yesterday and green grass today. LOL.
I tried to take photos from a similar vantage point as compared to the back yard snow photos yesterday. And adding one more pic from yesterday when we went out in the morning snow to run a few errands. It was super cold. Now it is in the high 50's. We never get bored with our weather in the Northeast that is for sure. :bigsmile:

Have a great day girls. :wavey:

24hoursaftersnowdec2016.jpg

snowallgone.jpg

outinmorningsnowfirstsnowoftheseasondecember2016.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm really sorry about that ridiculous situation at work. Why do people have to make things more difficult and complicated than they need to be? Don't we all have enough going on in life?

And I am praying and crossing my fingers for Greg and that it won't turn out to be a problem.

Hugs to you today. (((HUG)))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, those cookie bars look fabulous. Your DH will love having a speaker system for the house. Our 5th has that and you can even push it outside. We really enjoy it. I love Disney movies. Fun!

Missy, you are definitely Greg’s assistant chef and even more important test taster. I enjoyed your story about how you ended up with 3 cats and then met Greg. I love happy endings. When Marty and I started going out he went out in the country with me and my telescope; he told me later he didn’t know what clicked first – liking me or astronomy but one led to the other and here we are.

Too funny you don’t iron either. I think the steamer would take a long time on a 64 x 120 inch tablecloth though. Yes Greg is a keeper and takes good care of you; I can say the same about Marty.

We are having 16 people here on December 26th for my family Christmas. Marty’s sister will be here today. We are having roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, asparagus, salty dinner rolls, salad, raw veggies and pickles.

Great pictures of the first day of snow there but you looked lovely all bundled up. Stay warm.

That would be really crappy if that EHR guy changed your template. I hope it turns out to be something innocent or easy to fix. Grr. Try not to let it stress you out until you know what happened and what “he” needs to do to fix it for you. Ha!

Hi LLJsmom!

I was going to bake candy cane cookies today but Marty wants me to go to the grocery store with him so I'll save that chore for next weekend. I decided to have him make us chicken Alfredo for supper. I will stick to maybe 2 oz max of chicken and take food allergy medicine so hopefully I won't end up with a "foul" reaction. Marty eats so much chicken and I have really been craving it. I'll let you know tomorrow if it was a bad idea.

Have a fabulous Sunday!
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, what are candy cane cookies?

Missy, I am so impressed that Greg does your ironing. Good Lord, yes, I need a Greg of my own.

Hi LLJs : )

"The Boring Sunday Report"
The weather is weird here. Woke up this morning and it was 60 degrees & sunny so I had to rush to the barn to un-blanket the horses. Now it's 2:30pm and dark as 6pm. Puff keeps saying hello as I type. I have him locked up and that makes him chatty.
I took my dog, Issy, to a lake 12 miles from here to photograph the dam. There were tons of people there but I was the only woman and felt conspicuous, so I snapped a few photos and came home. Sometimes Sundays are so quiet/boring/empty. I cleaned the whole house before I went out and now have many interesting things I could be doing, but here I am on PS! haha
Joy likes dark stormy days by the computer too, so I am appreciating her evident happiness in the light of the screen.
I think I will go draw some ladies with tea pots on their heads and perhaps make a pot of tea while I'm at it.
love to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, LOL to "The Boring Sunday Report". It sounds to me like you have a full and busy day. I find Sunday a hard day sometimes too. Missing Sunday's of the past. I hate when I go out to shoot pictures and there is a crowd because they ALWAYS step right in my shot. I am sure Issy enjoyed the outing. That's cute that Puff is chatty when he is in his cage.

That is nice of Joy to light up for you by computer light. When we were walking back to our car today I was enjoy the sunlight on my diamond.

Candy Cane cookies are a butter cookie (shortbread) with almond flavoring. I'll find a picture to post. They take a while to make because you use white dough and red dough, roll out a strip of each then twist them together. I will probably make them next weekend now.

My plans for making candy cane cookies were squashed when Marty wanted me to go to the grocery store with him. I actually slept in late because I was waiting for Marty to make his giant breakfast so he'd be out of my way when I made my breakfast. He waited for me to get up before cooking so I waited about an hour before cooking my breakfast. He'd make me breakfast too but I don't like what he cooks for breakfast. We sat down and made our menu and shopping list for Christmas dinner and he wanted me to go shopping with him. What is what I call TORTURE. He usually does our most of our grocery shopping.

While we were out he wanted to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to pick up another crock pot so we can cook roasts for the family dinner in crock pots. We have 2 already so we picked up one more.

The grocery store was packed and we kept running in to people we knew so naturally you stop and visit.

I think I'll get my blueberry muffins made and Christmas M&M cookies maybe tomorrow night and make candy cane next weekend.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are 2 candy cane cookies from last year. You can't the the red very well since they have a layer of powered sugar on them.

Rats it rotated right but you get the idea.

_38705.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, thanks for your comment that I had a full & busy day. That is very supportive. I guess there is so much to do here that I always feel I haven't done enough. Maybe that's why I like France so much. It's simple in terms of labor : )

Those cookies sound like fun to make. I see the rabbits enjoy them, so I hope you make enough for the bears AND the rabbits.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very welcome Jimmianne. You always seem to keep busy and I know your place requires a lot of chores and upkeep. Other than your fur babies and animals most things can wait until later. It is understandable that your house in France seems more relaxing to you. It's nice you have both places to enjoy.

I will make enough cookies for all the bears and rabbits. They make great cookie testers.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results