carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello and good "morning" from Scandinavia :wavey:

So exited that you girls are asking about the dog training!! No one ever asks! Or... they don't get to asking before I start talking about it, more likely... lol. Even able to sneak it into a few business meetings - but only if I know they are interested in dogs and are active training their own, I promise :lol:

So. Basics first. There are two different types (not breeds) of bird dogs. One that is "setting" the bird, and one that is just frightening the bird. Here, we are talking about the "setting" type. These you often know as English setter, Irish setter and Gordon setter. However, Pointers, German shorthair/wirehair/longhair (Vorsteh) and others are similar in the way that they hunt. They (are supposed to) run in a wide S formation across the path that the hunter (i.e. me) walks. Depending on wind direction, the dog should cross from left to right to left etc to search the terrain on 200-500 meters on each side of the human. (If there is a tailwind, the dog should first run straight forward for approximately the same distance, and then cross back towards the hunter, so that the dog always has the wind in its nose to catch the scent of any birds hiding there). (If there is a sidewind, the dog should first run out away from the wind, and then cross back and forth in the same direction that the hunter is walking, so that the wind is still in its nose whilst searching).

So - first search. That is key - both for points/prizes, and also for finding birds.

Second - finding the bird and stopping - rather fast so that the bird is not scared away - and "setting" the bird by "pressuring" it to hide. The bird is programmed by nature to hide or fly. We want hide at this point. If the dog goes in too fast and / or gets too close, the bird will fly off. The hunter will see the dog looking like a statue and start to walk towards the dog.... (daddaddada... scary movie music begins in the background...)

Third - raising the bird. When the hunter has found the dog and huffed and puffed his/her way up to it (you can bet the bird is in some remote location that is almost a climb to access and you will be very very out of breath before you get there...) So - the dog - stands there (hopefully!!) waiting for the hunter and the bird (fingers crossed !!) is "set" hard enough by the dog to stay there also... Until the hunter gives the dog the signal ("YES!!") to run forward, scaring the bird into flight. Hopefully. Some dogs refuse sometimes, as they prefer to stand there looking at the bird to the bird disappearing..

Four. Here comes our problem. Sitting. As soon as the bird is airborne, the dog is supposed to SIT. Or stand, but remain where it was when the bird started flying. As opposed to FLYING AFTER THE BIRD... as my little bird dog prefers.. she has misunderstood the "bird" part of bird dog... Also - a shot must be fired to prove that the dog remains still at the shot. If there is a national championship (once a year), the shot is for real and the dog should also remain still whilst the bird drops and then retrieve the bird at command. However, we are not there... LOL. So for us, there is only a mock shot with a start revolver, like they use for the 100meters for humans :lol:

So no dead birds, just for fun. And for using and training the dogs for what they are made for. There are other tests and competitions too, that involve retrieving, also in water etc, but we are not doing those.

The competitions send out two and two dogs, they are to take no notice of each other. Also important to avoid an early lunch.. Normally two judges, to be more fair and to be able to follow both dogs if one of them finds a bird and the other is going off somewhere else.

So - last winter we were sooooo close. First day - she accidentally sent a bird flying by running in too fast - and I did not see her do it, she was on the other side of a hill, so I could not ask her to sit. One of the judges was on the top of that hill however, accompanying the other "hunter" who had to go look for his dog because it had been gone a bit too long and they wanted to see if it had found a bird and that was why he was not returning. Nope. My baby found the bird.. So that was that, as they say... Early lunch.

Next day. One accident coming in too fast and scaring a pack of birds into flight. She sat down but a few meters too far. But only one judge that day, and he was a bit behind me so he did not see that. So far so good in other words. Then - I forgot to shoot. My friends will never let me forget that. Never. I thought that she had run too far so I gave up and then the judge said "why did you not shoot and ask her to sit??" Oh my. Third day. No birds before lunch so not sent home early, LOL. Actually, far into the afternoon without seeing anything for any of the dogs. Then my little baby found something faaaaaaar up a mountain side. Climbing more than skiing to get to her. Had to give the gun to the judge because it was dangerous enough without that in my hand. Bird. Flying. Sitting. A shot. then more flying. By the dog after the bird.... Even the judge yelled "sit you bad bad dog, SIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT". I think it is not a good sign when even the judge calls for her to sit... :shifty: :lol: :oops: He was almost as disappointed as me, as she was the only one with a chance at a prize that day and - oh just horribel. I'm not a good looser. I should have yelled SIT as the shot was fired, but she has NEVER cared about that before, so I just said "good girl" because she was sitting there so beautifully when the bird took flight. STUPID ME.

So - that brings us to the training and renting the training terrain and me getting a start revolver for my birthday... LOL

Never give up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: have you heard the joke about what to do when the dog misbehaves? Role up a newspaper and hit - YOURSELF - really hard in the head for not being a very good trainer!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1473133206|4073555 said:
Hi NIRDIs!

Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow but those pesky bills keep showing up.

Marcy - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: welcome back "home". I don't know what we would ever do without you :)

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scandi, thank you for the explanation. I have a much clearer picture of what you're training your sweet fur baby to do and why there are so many opportunities for her to make the wrong choice. And you're so right about who should get hit with a rolled up newspaper! I've gone to see sheepdog trials which allow those dogs (almost exclusively border collies) do what they were bred to do, and it's interesting to watch how different the trainers can be with their dogs, with the signals and how they react when the dog isn't doing what they want. And it was actually a lot of fun to watch once I educated myself on what the dogs were being judged on at each part of the course. It's a lot more than just running after sheep. My dog, of course, was only interested in the spectators who brought food!

Missy, you might want to give Greg's idea for the cabinets some more thought. A lot of people think laminate cabinets are bad but their only experience is with builder or apartment grade cabinets. The reason those cabinets fall apart or peel is not because they're laminate but because they are low quality with flimsy pressboard boxes and cheap laminate poorly applied. There are all sorts of different quality levels for cabinetry, including laminate. In our city house kitchen, we had custom cabinets made with 3/4" plywood boxes and white laminate slab doors with thin vertical wood edges where the doors meet. The drawers are just white laminate fronts. They are formaldehyde free (which doesn't sound so unusual now but these were designed in 1985!). And even though those cabinets are 30 years old, they look like they were put in yesterday. I'm not kidding. But that's because they are high-quality laminate cabinets. And they haven't warped or split and the laminate hasn't even showed the slightest notion of peeling. And they are a cinch to keep clean, way better than wood which is what I had before. If I wasn't changing the layout for the kitchen, I would seriously considered keeping them when I renovate. I probably will keep the boxes and just change the fronts because the boxes are in perfect condition.

At the beach house, we did the 3/4" plywood boxes again (cheap cabinets are usually 1/2" pressboard boxes, sometimes even thinner) and more of a wrapped kind of laminate sort of a step up from the thermafoil finish on some Ikea cabinets. They are Shaker style and one of the things I like about these cabinets is that the finish wraps around the whole door so there's no gap between the door and the trim and there isn't a 90 degree at the trim, but more of a slight curve, so it's easy to dust or clean the horizontal trim. I have a lot of cabinets and I wanted low maintenance. So keep an open mind because Greg is right about the beach being an environment where you have to keep salt and humidity in mind. Some people might turn up their nose at not doing a painted wood finish, but I've seen so many people unhappy as their white Shaker cabinets start to develop gaps because the wood shrinks or get dirt collected at the trim both of which really show in white cabinets. And also how soon they had to repaint because of scratches or frequent cleaning because there are different levels of quality for paint too. Cabinets tend to get dirty in the same places over and over, and paint can only take so much cleaning. My cabinets in both houses are super easy to clean, including with a scrubber if needed for something sticky or dried on. I'll try to get you pictures of the ones at the island.

Marcy, who knew that your relatives might make you long for your employees? As far as redeeming your wonderful wife points, maybe aim for something less money than a 3 ct. blue sapphire but have it be a bauble you can point at if Marty sounds like he's about to agree to do this family trip again next year!

I'm headed back to the city. They fixed the septic (I'm confident they got it this time) and did a few modifications so the alarm won't keep giving off false alarms again. Nothing like getting up at 6:30 in the morning and going out in the rain in your nightgown to turn off the septic alarm so your poor neighbors can get some sleep!

And suddenly it feels like fall. I've changed the HVAC back to heat, it's supposed to rain most of the week and I'm wearing jeans and a sweater. Goodbye summer 2016!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1473183491|4073735 said:
marcy|1473133206|4073555 said:
Hi NIRDIs!

Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow but those pesky bills keep showing up.

Marcy - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: welcome back "home". I don't know what we would ever do without you :)

Thanks Scandi! We even moved to a new construction area you couldn't find on google maps so those bill collectors couldn't find us - but NO those pesky bills show up now in my inbox. :lol: :lol: :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Gypsy, sometimes the best we can do is handle even one hour at a time but us NIRDIs just keep on going. I hope you had a good day. How is John doing?

Missy, lets hope I don’t deserve my Curby nickname anymore but only time will tell. Good deal you got in a nice bike ride.

Scandi, thank you for explaining the training. Marty had a good friend who had 2 dogs he trained in a similar manner. My uncle has several hunting dogs he works with and has someone else train as well. Love your joke too.

Rainwood, that is really something to think about to keep cabinets clean. We put knobs on all of our cabinets when we moved in but they still need cleaning. I was thinking that today at work I’d rather be here than with the in-laws. Is that bad? Good plan to have a nice bauble I could point to as a reminder - it’s going to cost you dude! It sure feels like fall here already too. It gets warm during the day but once that sun goes down not so much. Last night I turned on my heated mattress pad and didn’t wake up to shut it off until about 4:10. It’s nice to catch up on sleep.

I got up about an hour early so I am very yawny tonight. We dropped the pickup off to get the oil changed at 7:15 then Marty took me to work. Things went okay while I was on vacation but I barely got to my work until this afternoon cleaning up things here and there.

Good news! My car is already on a ship heading to the states. I could have it by the end of the month or beginning of October if all goes well.

Marty’s new lenses cost $772 - that is one expensive pair of glasses since we already paid $460 on them on our vacation.

He ran my car to a auto body shop to see about getting the scratches fixed on my hood and they don’t work on Audi. I might check another place tomorrow and if it can’t get fixed soon I might have to get less on my trade.

I also bought Ding Monkey to fix my rims at least once and turned in a claim online and they emailed me today saying they’d fix 2 now and the other 2 in 60 days. Two problems there I won’t have the car that long and that policy expires on September 30. I will call them tomorrow.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, dear NIRDIs!

I got so sidetracked this summer. Glad to be back - - - mostly due to a couple of NIRDIs checking in with me and waking me up.
Thanks!
The best news here is that Pom the horse is almost completely better so can he go outside [he was in a stall since MAY!]. The vets had said it could take until next year to heal, so I'm feeling very lucky right now.

Happy Birthday, LLJs! I hope it was a happy day for you :clap:

Loving all these kitchen photos.

Most concerned about June and sending love at this difficult time.

edit: Thanks, Missy : )

oh- I missed about the car news, Marcy.
yes, road trip!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, thinking of you and your mom and hoping you are all OK. I am so sorry she isn't eating and I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. ((HUGS)) and love.

Rainwood, thank you for reinforcing Greg's thoughts on wood vs laminate doors for the cabinets and now that you agree I am definitely open to considering that. And yes 3/4 plywood boxes- we all agree on that. Thank you! Isn't it funny but I do trust your judgment and not that I don't trust Greg's because I do but it helps to have your advice on this and I feel much more confident about that option. And yes they get so dirty in the same places so true. That dust just sticks there and if you don't clean it in a timely fashion it gets stuck really stuck. :knockout:

Glad everything got sorted out with your septic system! We have the opposite weather here right now. Going to the 90s for the rest of week and weekend. Ugh. Wish it was autumn weather here and it looks like we need our AC for quite a while still.

Marcy, that is super news about your car and I am not saying a word about it so we don't jinx it but if you remember we discussed this possibility...just saying and now I am not saying another word. Fingers crossed! Road trip to NYC with your new car? :Up_to_something: :cheeky:

LOL yes I think work is preferable to in law vacations almost every time. :lol:

Hope you can make the Audi perfect so you get full trade in value.

Scandi, thank you for that detailed info about the competition and thank you to Rainwood for asking.

Hello Jimmianne! So happy to see you here and so relieved to hear the terrific news about Pom's recovery and that he is doing well. Big hugs to you. We missed you here and hope you will hang around! :halo:

Have a good day girls. Keeping you in my thoughts Junie. (((HUGS))) to everyone.

Leaving you with a photo of one of my favorite countertops. Not sure what the material is...Granite? Quartzite? Something that is a subtle marble look alike and I very much a-like! :love:

kitchencountertopfavorite.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, do you know what that "granite" is called? Please post or send if you do / find out :) :) I have been researching white granite since yesterday, and I have found one called Calacatta that I think might work for our white walls, blue cabinets and dark oak floors, LOL. Must try to avoid looking like a circus - note to self!

calacatta.jpg

calacatta_2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I just had to come back and share HRH Francesca's photo from yesterday's car ride back to NYC. She's gorgeous and she knows it. Sitting on my lap in comfort while her brothers are in their carriers in the back. What a spoiled precious princess. :love: :halo:

_5706.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1473247049|4074020 said:
Ok I just had to come back and share HRH Francesca's photo from yesterday's car ride back to NYC. She's gorgeous and she knows it. Sitting on my lap in comfort while her brothers are in their carriers in the back. What a spoiled precious princess. :love: :halo:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Awwwwwwwwww :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, so happy to "see" you and such good news about Pom! Made my day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, I don't know but will try finding out. I'm not even sure it's granite. It is hard finding a subtle pattern because I prefer simple and classic and so many of these slabs are too busy for my taste. And the one I posted this morning is perfect for our kitchen and I would love to find it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1473247100|4074021 said:
missy|1473247049|4074020 said:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Awwwwwwwwww :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanks Scandi. :wavey:
And this is just how the photo turned out with the sunlight streaming into the car yesterday on our way back. I mean it's a perfect photo and this in its original form. Untouched, looks like a professional pic or is it just that HRH is a perfect model? :halo:

_5707.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls -

Just checking in quickly to let you all know what's going on - unfortunately my mother's condition has worsened even more and she is going to receive hospice care. I'm doing ok, I've known this was coming for a while and have prepared myself the best I can. Thank you all for the good thoughts and comforting words, the support from all of you has helped me so much. I will keep you posted.

Jimmianne, so good to hear from you and great news about Pom!

Love to you all!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1473251366|4074037 said:
Hi girls -

Just checking in quickly to let you all know what's going on - unfortunately my mother's condition has worsened even more and she is going to receive hospice care. I'm doing ok, I've known this was coming for a while and have prepared myself the best I can. Thank you all for the good thoughts and comforting words, the support from all of you has helped me so much. I will keep you posted.

Love to you all!

Oh Junie I'm so sorry! Don't know what else to tell you, not much anyone can do I guess. Many hugs your way across the pond..

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, thanks.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Sending much love your way, today and every day, to you and to your Mom.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, june, I'm sorry to hear that. :blackeye: sending you caring thoughts and hugs and warmth. :blackeye:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy, francesca is so special. she's just so cute.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Junie, I'm so sorry about your mom. You've done everything you can for her so I hope you're able to take some comfort in that. Hospice care makes such a difference and hospice nurses are angels on earth. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scandi, if it's labeled Calacatta, it's marble not granite. Calacatta Gold is a very popular marble here but it does have all marble's characteristics - good and bad.

Missy, there is a quartzite that is sort of marble like in appearance. It can go by different names, but the one I saw the most back when I was researching countertops was Luce di Luna. I know it was really, really expensive but did seem to be harder and less porous than marble and was absolutely gorgeous if you picked a good slab. Some of the other white materials labeled as quartzite may or may not be. You really have to test it out and not rely on what they call it when it comes to the light and white materials. There's a lot of mislabeling (some of it probably intentional) and sometimes the different categories can be confusing for lesser known stones unless you're a geologist. Usually, if something looks like marble, it is regardless of what the vendor calls it. I can remember websites where people would say they found this great white granite they bought and someone with expertise would come on and tell them it was actually a marble. So many people are searching for the marble look without the etching and porosity. It's not easy to find and some sellers take advantage of that.

Oh and Francesca looks kind of Egyptian in that photo. Very pharaoh cat.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love the white kitchen you posted but as you know I also want a white kitchen. I like your idea of speaking with a couple kitchen designers and looking over pictures of kitchens their company has designed and done all the work on. It would seem to me if they are good they will probably have many photos to show you.

June, I am sorry about your mom. Please know we are here for you. Please take good care of yourself.

Marcy, Congrats on the car being shipped. It won't be long before you are driving that new car. What are Marty's thoughts on future family vacations? My SIL was really pushing for a week long family vacation a few years ago. My husband wanted no part of it. His family had one years ago and the family still talks about and not in a happy way. We were unable to attend but were actually glad we missed it once we heard the stories.

Rainwood, I believe you and I are viewing things kind of the same way. When I told my husband about the two implants, bridge and the costs, he wasn't even fazed. Losing people you love puts everything in perspective.

Gypsy, How are you doing? How is John? I wish you lived near me. I would take you out for a fun afternoon even if it was just out to lunch and jewerly browsing. Sometimes just a small break from everything can help. I am doing okay. Thank you for being concerned but I really am fine. In the whole scheme of things the teeth thing is more annoying than anything else. I will need two implants and the doctor said everything has to be done in stages because it effects both sides of my mouth. I would prefer to have it completed all at once and be done. It's been a difficult year but I keep telling myself there are many things to be grateful for.

Scandi, I'm glad you are enjoying the training. Your baby will get there with her training. It takes lots of patience when you are training a dog. We sent our baby away for training for two weeks. We would NEVER do that again. She can sit and stay but that is about all she learned. She is a great little cuddle bug and loves everyone she meets.

Jimmianne, It's good to have you back here. How are you? Is your daughter enjoying France? When are you planning on going back?

Thank you for your kind words Sharon. I really appreciate it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you, your mom and your family. I agree hospice nurses are definitely angels on Earth. Big hugs to you.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh Junebug I feel for you. As daughters--and so many of us (in that role) caregivers--we embrace and unite. It IS difficult. :saint: :halo:

But if it is any consolation, my experience is that Hospice care is, wonderful. They will offer you support, and help. Please, take it. :halo:

healing vibes across the miles--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1473251366|4074037 said:
Hi girls -

Love to you all!

June, I am so sorry. I am thinking about and praying for your mom and your family. (((Hugs)))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I just read my bday poem. Wow. Other than my DH, no one has ever written me a poem before. You are truly gifted. It's longer than a Shel Silverstein poem. Thank you. I am going to share it with my DH and print a copy, maybe frame it. I can't put it up at the office. I don't want them knowing about my obsession. Lol!! I have truly been so blessed by my NIRDI friends. I have been so humbled by the kindness, love, care and generosity the NIRDI have shown me. Thank you my dear friends. I am out of the loop except for a hit and run until oct 17, but you are all in my thoughts. (((Hugs))) everyone. And especially the gifted author of this awesome poem. Thanks girls. I love you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I’ve been wondering how you are doing. That is awesome Pom is doing better.

Missy, I can see why those are your favorite countertop. It is gorgeous. Now I wish I’d gone with a white kitchen. They are so bright and cherry. Great picture of HRH.

Scandi, I like calacatta. It looks fabulous. I agree it would pull in all of your colors.

Hi CJ, Rainwood, Sharon and LLJsmom.

Callie, sadly Marty loved the family vacation and is more than willing to do it again. I will be a bit more involved in decisions and planning next time. It sounds like you guys were fortunate to miss that family vacation. I hate to hear your dental work has to be done in stages; I’d rather just get that over with myself.

Another crazy, busy day at work. My computer did a mandatory update to a new version of Office - I can’t find a darn thing yet.

I worked an hour late. Marty left a potato baking for me for supper so it was nice and done when I got home.

So I talked to Ding Monkey today and the limit of 2 wheels being fixed within 60 days is dealer driven. I told him I had the contract in front of me and it says absolutely NOTHING about limits or time frames. I also expressed I think it’s a total scam. I won’t raise a stink about it because the guy he has to ask is the financial guy we’ll deal with to buy my car but as I told Marty now I know I’m not buy ANY of their extended coverage or plans.

Take care.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of love to you and your mom, Junie.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, loved reading about you and Fifi's (is her name Fifi?) Training exploits. When we brought Finn (my avatar pic) home I wasn't working so I bought the Monks of New Skete book on raising your puppy. Finn and I did everything in it. He was amazing!! Then one morning when I put him through his training paces he pretty much balked and flipped me the bird---he was a teenager, lol :devil: :lol: :roll:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Junie, my thoughts and prayers are with your fsmily.

Quick update: John's...processing, I am not sure. He is a grin and bear it type. He has huge issues when his body lets him down and betrays him. I tried, without being pushy, to talk to him a bit yesterday. He's healing but I am worried he's pushing things. I flew out to San Diego for a job interview early this morning, thinking he would rest or write today. Got home and he had cleaned half the house by himself! I am appreciative but worried he's.. i don't know... tryng to prove something to himself?? He is seeing our therapist on Friday. I may call her and talk to her about my concerns before his appointment. He is seeing our regular doctor too, but I will be with him for that appointment and can interfere freely at that one.

I am tired and anxious but staying positive, Thank you Marcy for asking. Flew out and back from San Diego for an imterview. Have another interview tomorrow. My feet are killing me. I took 800 mg motrin plus voltaran for the pain today and it did nothing. At the airport I almost asked for a wheel chair on the way home. Other than that, things a much better than last week, thank goodness!!!

Love Francesca! Such an elegant lady Missy.

Callie, lunch sounds lovely. We both need it sounds like. Wish you were here.

Unemployment got approved!!!! So silver lining. Its not much but with the lack of insurance it is vital.

I will catch up more tomorrow. Want to read some and get ready for an early bedtime tonight to be rested for Tomorrow.

Hello to Rainwood, Sharon, Jimmianne, CJ. LLJsmom, Scandi (and Fifi) and Kristie!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Thank you all for HRH's compliments and she thanks you too. She might be a royal queen/princess but she is a loving one too so not the normal haughty princesses we are used to. :bigsmile:

Junie, I am so sorry and we are all keeping your mom and you in our thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS))).

Rainwood,thank you for that excellent info. I really love Carrera marble but no it is not a good choice for the kitchen sadly. We have to be detectives before we order anything to make sure we are getting what we think we are. We received some samples yesterday of the 2 quartz counters we were considering from that consultant who met with us this past Saturday. Hard to capture in pics but I will share what I can with you. It doesn't feel quite right because I don't want so much gray in the quartz marble look alike and the white quartz sample might be too plain and stark. It's hard for me to tell without seeing a whole kitchen done with these cabinets and quartz counter and to that end Greg is calling him today to see if there are any kitchens in our area they have done that we can see in person vs photos. Pics of the samples below.

Callie, ((((HUGS)))). I am sorry you are dealing with teeth issues and I feel your pain. Literally. :knockout: It's going to work out and in the meantime I hope you have a great visit with your girlfriends!

Gypsy, thank you for the update and I hope John didn't overdo. I hope your interview went well. Is there a possibility you might relocate to San Diego if they offer you the job or is that just where the interview was? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

LLJsmom, aww thank you sweetheart and I am glad you enjoyed it. LOL the poem is amateurish at best but it comes from my heart so I am very happy it made you smile. Love you and all the girls here. Big (((HUGS))) right back at ya.

Marcy, I hope you can get them to take out the scratches etc and that they don't fight you on this. Unbelievable.
I am sorry Marty wants to repeat the family vacation and while I am glad he had a wonderful time it isn't fair to you IMO so I hope you guys can work out an equitable agreement re the next vacation. I am thinking bling to soften the sting might be the way to go if he really insists on repeating. :naughty: :cheeky:

Glad Marty had a yummy baked potato waiting for you after working late yesterday and hope work goes smoothly for you today.

Scandi, thank you for all that info. Excellent article and I shared it with my dh. You and Rainwood are a wealth of kitchen info, thank you! I will keep you posted on what we find and maybe we will end up with matching countertops. :halo:

OK sharing pics below. I am going to hit send because PS has been really wonky for me this morning and I am having trouble posting at all. Hope I don't lose this post.

whitequartzwithcabinet.jpg

whitequartzmeetfrankie.jpg

whitequartz.jpg

mommyilikeourcountertopsnow.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results