carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1467630333|4051293 said:
I told Greg it was a sign :devil: but he was not amused and wanted to know why we need to have conversations over and over about the same thing all the time. Men. :lol:

Missy, please tell Greg from me that it is because you did not get your will. :devil: :halo: :devil: When he says yes to what ever it is that you want, you will stop asking. Hah!

Sharon, somehow I have missed that you mother had an accident. I'm so sorry. And so very happy to read that she is at least a little better. Relying on others is so hard, isn't it. And caring for others is no breeze either.. but there I have no experience compared to these other angels here :angel: Give her all our love.

Rainwood, that dog might be just perfect! Does not chew on shoes for example.... grrrr... lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls, it's a beautiful day here and we just got back from our bike ride. Perfect temperature and perfect wind. A top ten bicycling day. I hope you are all enjoying the day too and sending hugs and happy July 4th wishes your way.

We stopped for ice cream at our favorite place in OG...Hi KaeKae! Did you see the parade today?
And it was madness. We got ice cream and then a huge line right after us because the parade had just ended and everyone was going there for lunch and ice cream. The line went down the block. I couldn't fit the whole line in the photo. Can you spot the patriotic cyclist? :cheeky:
Haha thank goodness July 4th comes but once a year. :cheeky:

july4madnessog.jpg

Sharon, glad your mom is doing better and thank you for checking in with us. (((HUGS))). I hope your workday is going well and that they appreciate you!

Scandi, I love you girlfriend, you crack me up. So young yet so wise and haha so true. When I get what I want I will stop talking about it. LOL a girl after my own heart. :love:

Rainwood, I have been thinking about you and hoping things are going well and that you are enjoying being away from the city and hopefully enjoying cool and comfortable temps.

Marcy, any new decisions on the car?

LLJsmom, hope you and the family are having a good holiday together.

Jimmianne, hope you are all recovered from jet lag and done with all the mowing for now and having a good day.

Kristie, how's it going? Any Verizon updates? Boo to Verizon and my offer to pester them with many calls stands. Believe me I can be a real PITA when I need to be. (((HUGS))). Hope Finn and Maggie are enjoying having their mommy and daddy home this holiday and that you are all in the pool keeping cool.

Callie, happy 4th and I hope you are having a wonderful holiday.

Junie, hope you are enjoying this time with your family and having a nice day.

Leaving you with a tranquil photo from our security camera. Ah peaceful quiet. Please last. :pray:

july42016backyard.jpg

Hello and happy holiday to everyone else and hope you are all enjoying. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I love the stories about all your little kitties :) It is very clear to me that you love them all very much :) As you might be able to tell, I love my little furbaby very much also. I think it is fantastic that you do so much to help them. I wish I could do more for animals. I do feed Rudolph when he walks into our garden in winter due to the heavy snow in the forest. They love apples, so when the supply from our apple trees run out, I buy them and bury them in the snow :) The picture of Jack and Whitey is oh-so-nice! I just love that look on their faces! And they are almost holding hands :love:

Hello Missy :wavey: Love that picture!! Such a line! The ice cream there must be really nice :)

Rainwood, how are things at the island? Please post pictures if you have them, I would love some inspiration for our summerhouse :) I'm like you, I like books in paper versions and I like to keep them. Reassuring in some weird way to have them if I want to read them again, they are old friends, lol. I dream of a small "library" in our "new" house. Time will tell :angel: :Up_to_something: :think:

June, I'm very happy that you have someone to help you a bit with your mother! Mothers can be challenging, but even if they are not, it is very tiring to look after someone. I remember when our youngest was a baby, I lived for nap-time, lol. And I know that is a walk in the park compared to taking care of someone that has strong opinions.

Marcy, how are your glasses now after the style change? I have Oakley sunglasses in the pilot version style, they are nice at least. And please be careful when you limp your car around.. !

Jimmianne, how is farm life again? Is it weird to be back? I bet the animals are very very happy to have you back home :) My furbaby screamed when I came home today, my mother was babysitting her this weekend (allergic guests). She is very vocal. Furbaby, not my mother, LOL. Are your babies like that?

Night, night :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I just lost a long post :angryfire: I want to check in so I'll give a shortened version lol -

Missy, love the pic of you and Greg, so cute! Thanks for posting pics, I enjoy them so much.

Forgot to say in my other post that I'm sorry you were kind of upset by the pizza and cake thing…I get what you're saying, you'd think by now people would be aware of your eating habits. I guess they were trying to be polite but come on, enough already. It sounds like you're feeling better about it now. You are perfect just the way you are! My daughter is a vegan and she experiences a similar thing…people having opinions about her food choices. Why do people care so much about what others eat? At the crazy family reunion my SIL kept quizzing my daughter throughout the weekend about why she doesn't eat meat. My SIL loves meat so I guess she couldn't wrap her mind around the concept :roll: . Later on my sil said she was kidding but that's BS. I was very irritated but my daughter handled it well. Says she's used to it.

My daughter was in Long Beach Island but sometimes she's in your neck of the woods!

I'm working with an agency so it will provide another aide when the current one goes on maternity leave. I'm pretty pleased with this agency so far. It seems very thorough and the aides keep records of everything that happens, get detailed instructions on what to do, etc. SO different from the agency we used in North Jersey. Someone just showed up one day with that one ha.

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear about your mother's injury, it really is challenging when someone suddenly loses their independence and has to rely on others. And yes, it's somewhat of a blow to the ego as well. I'm sending tons of healing dust and good wishes that your mother's recovery goes smoothly and she's feeling ok and not in a lot of pain. I'm also sorry to hear she suffers from chronic pain because of her knees, that's tough. It's a stressful situation for everyone and you're all in my thoughts.

Kristie, sorry to hear you were so sick and glad you're feeling better. Oh my gosh, don't feel badly about getting upset about the Verizon issue, anyone would be really frustrated and angry by something like that happening. It sounds like a bad dream! It's obviously their error and it will be rectified so don't worry but omg what a PITA. I'm so glad you vented, that's what we are here for and it does help and I hope it made you feel a little better. Hugs to you and I hope you're doing ok.

Scandi, beautiful pics! Have a great time at the summer house.

Marcy, it will be nice getting away for 2 weeks in August, you deserve a long break from the stress of work. Ugh, I'm sorry about your car troubles, what a pain. I love the Porsche Macan, it's a beautiful car and sounds like a dream to drive. You're right, your love of cars sounds genetic :D I admit I am such an enabler but you know what, if you love the car and it would bring you some joy I say you should seriously consider it. Maybe it's the stage of life I'm in, but I just think life is too darn short and we should grab a little happiness wherever we can.

My mother isn't too thrilled with the aid but she's just going to have to learn to accept it. When the aid first got here my mother was polite, told her sit down and watch tv, and was chit-chatting with the aide. Sounds great, right? Wrong. When I heard them talking I knew it was a bad sign, it's exactly what happened 5 years ago when we tried this. My mother quickly tired of having to be "polite" and eventually freaked out. This time around it took about 20 minutes for my mother to get tired of being sociable and started asking my sister why that person is here, she doesn't need anyone, she's fine by herself, etc. My sister said she's here to help Junebug. At one point my mother asked my sister what I'm going to be doing while he aid is here and my sister said "anything she wants." lol. It really doesn't matter if my mother is upset about it, an aid is non-negotiable. I need the mental break during the day and my mother needs someone with her when I'm out for her own safety.

Gypsy, love the pic of Jack and his toy does look like a flower! :D It's like he's posing on purpose for the camera, adorable. Sweet pic of Jack and Whitey :love: It is so great you opened up your home and your heart to Jack, and are patient with him and willing to do what you can do make him feel as comfortable and as happy as possible. I'm sure it's not always easy. He was SO lucky to have found you guys! I admire you for all you do for stray cats, it's a lot of work and these kitties benefit so much from your efforts.

Rainwood, thanks for the good wishes, I doubt my mother will ever enjoy having an aid but who knows lol. As I already mentioned, it's something that has to happen for this arrangement to work so she's going to have to try to adjust. I have my fingers crossed the AC is working for you on the island. I love your new doggie! He's cute and very low maintenance ha. :cheeky:

Ok, I probably missed some stuff but it took me all day to write this and I want to post it so I don't lose it! Thinking of you all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy July 4th!

Gypsy, I am so glad your finger is doing better. I always like it when one of my fingers is hurt so I can show it to people. Ha Ha. Yes, I am easily amused. I hate to hear Jack was abused; I am delighted he found you and John. That is wonderful you find homes for as many rescues as you can. It sounds like you are having a pleasant and fun weekend. We usually find restaurants that are just opening might need a few more weeks of practice. Love the story of who is in charge of who with the cats and you and John around the house. That is awesome. I liked hearing the story about your great aunt. Someone at work brought me a clipping from the 50’s of how to be the perfect wife. Wearing makeup and a dress was on the list as well as greeting them with a smile and a cocktail and never ever tell them about your troubles. My memory is full of all sorts of useless things (some that I am sure Marty wishes I’d forget). Thank you; they put my clouds picture on the local news last night and explained how the right cloud grew. Jack and Whitey are adorable.

Scandinavian, I am probably not boring then if normal is boring. Good idea to say you are doing something for children; that is always a winner. An orange Lamborghini would be fabulous. Do you like your Tesla? They are pretty cool looking; I see one around town. Seeing you mention living in the “olden” days brings me to say my usual response to those times - if I’d come west on a wagon train someone would have shot me or left me on the side of the road for dead. I am not cut out for those kind of hardships. I would have been crying, whining and complaining constantly and loudly. I should get my Oakley glasses in a few weeks. They fixed my Tiffanys to wear in the meantime. Marty took my car out on the highway this afternoon and said he thinks it’s okay for me to drive it a highway speed to get to the car dealer (50 miles away). It has absolutely no guts so I can’t pull in front of anyway.

Missy, 3 years ago I had an emotional reaction to my car being sideswiped and I sold it within a month. None of that was based in logic. This time we both realize this isn’t a necessity but it’s not really going to change anything either so what difference does it make if we get a new car now or in a year when the warranty runs out? Worst case scenario our car payment goes up several hundred, best case scenario less than $200. We can’t talk terms, rates, trades, etc. since we are going to order the car but I have a basic idea of where we’ll be with final numbers. Marty’s version of the car build had something called Lane Correct which will put you back in your land but the Lane Assist squawks at you if you are drifting so I think that is enough. We can write you in for president. I absolutely love your Happy Fourth of July picture - it is awesome. You and Greg are such a sweet and cute couple. Good deal on getting to the ice cream parlor before the crowd. Your security camera captures and beautiful and peaceful shot of the ocean for us. Thanks!

Sharon, I am glad to hear your mom is doing better. I am sorry she is in constant pain. Hugs to her. They had a Panamera today at the Porsche dealer in very bright orange. They painted the inside bright orange as well - even the Denver Broncos fan in my thought that was too much orange. It was a very cool look car.

Junebug, of course it would be a long post that your lose. Darn it! It is amazing how different people act about what someone eats. Marty’s grandmother kept trying to get me to eat things with nutrisweet in it; I don’t eat it because it makes me sick. So one time for dinner everything she fixed for us that night had nutrisweet in it and then she quizzed me - how did it taste, did you like it? Then she tells me it was nutrisweet. I was so stinking mad and really appreciated her later that night and the next day. I am delighted to hear the agency is so thorough and nice to work with. You are so right that life is short and we should grab every bit of happiness we can. I was considering that as well in my mental argument; who knows what will happen a year from now? It’s not going to hurt us to buy a new car and if we both really like it then why not? I hate to hear your mom isn’t happy about having someone there to help her but as you said she is just going to have to get used to it. It is essential and good for you and definitely something she needs. I love your sister’s answer about “anything she wants”. You certainly need and deserve some me time.

Strange I got up earlier today than if I was going to work. It was like we had something exciting to do today. I made myself a Marcy McMuffin for breakfast (egg, swiss cheese, a piece of canadian bacon and an english muffin). We got to the dealer before 10 and test drove a Macan GTS. The other day we drove a S model. I drove it for a few miles then turned it back over to Marty. We sat down with the dealer and priced out what we’d want, I stuck with the sapphire blue color (duh!) and figured everything else out. We then told him we usually deal with the Audi/Porsche/VW dealer 50 miles from us (rather than 100 miles where he is) and asked if he could give us a reason to switch to his dealership. He was very nice about it and said since they don’t sell Audi we’d do better on a trade with our usual dealer. Also we kind of knew this they usually don’t cut deals on cars you order. So we thanked him, he kept our order and we said we’d let him know.

We’ll go down Wednesday to talk to the other dealer. I think both of us are excited. It sounds like delivery is about 4 months from ordering.

We ate at Marty’s favorite Cajun Seafood restaurant. I had a steak, fries and margarita. All very delicious. We split a creme brulee for dessert. I had a peach for supper and a few almonds.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, I am right there with you. Not cut out for such hardships as life was in the "Olden days". And no internet. :errrr:
I get you wanting to get rid of the car you almost had a terrible accident with and no judgment here. Hey when my car was totaled (it was parked and hit by a drunk driver) I was crying because my car was hurt and could not be salvaged. Yes an inanimate object. The drunk driver of the other car was fine and no other person was involved in the accident so that was good but my poor car was murdered and I felt for the car. Weird yes I know :oops: and I know there's a name for putting feelings to inanimate objects but I don't remember what the term is. I like that you get warned by the car when you drift and I think I would choose your option over lane assist. The squawking is a good compromise. I am excited for you this Wednesday and look forward to hearing all about it. Thank you for the lovely compliment about us being a sweet couple. Some of the time we are. :halo:

Junie, LBI isn't that far away but during holiday traffic it takes a long time to get there and I think we would be better off cycling there from where we are haha. I hope your DD had a great visit on LBI. Our friends who are located in Virginia are spending a week on LBI next week and we are trying to figure out a way to GTG without too much traffic getting in the way. Never easy during the summer months that's for sure. I am sorry your DD gets criticized for her vegan food choices and my parents used to do the same thing to me but not so much friends. Just my parents and they have long stopped thankfully. Hopefully your DD can just ignore your SIL and not let it bother her. I am with you. I don't know why people think it is OK to comment upon things that are none of their business. I mean it's OK if I am asking your opinion but otherwise keep your mouth closed OK? LOL people are such busybodies and it is a good reminder to me to not be one!

I am so glad the agency you are working with is one you like and they seem reliable and experienced and professional and hopefully your mom will get used to having someone there to help her besides you all the time and she will be satisfied. I am happy you recognize the need for some help with her or else it would be overwhelming in a way that you just couldn't keep up with IMO. This is the best solution for now. I know you are worried about what happens when your sister leaves and I am keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and sending lots of good wishes and dust your way.

Scandi, the ice cream there is very nice but it was so crowded because of the July 4th parade that day and the fact that they are one of the sponsors of that parade. It's usually very civilized with much less people there. Hope your week is going well.

Sharon, hoping your mom's pain is decreasing and she is feeling better each day. (((HUGS))).

It is raining here today and that matches my overall mood right now. Greg injured his wrist yesterday afternoon working on the bike and I think it is bad. He is a typical guy but I am working on getting him to see a doctor even though we are not in NY right now. I want to go home early if we can get an appointment. I had him icing it after it happened last night and this morning but I think it is worse. I am worried because I know he is in pain and I feel so badly for him. Plus of course we were spending the week here hopefully cycling and doing some other fun things and now that doesn't look like it will happen. Maybe the universe is really trying to tell us something or maybe this stuff just happens and we just have to roll with it and hope for the best.

OK he just said he thinks we should get this checked out. That means he is worried too. That means it is something bad. Oy OK now need to find a doctor we can get an appointment with in a timely fashion. Never an easy task especially right after a holiday especially when lots of specialists are now on summer vacation. Wish me luck girls. And it is 7AM here so need to wait till their offices are open. ::)

Have a good day girls! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, stuff just happens:

Remember when I was trying to get to France and my DD cancelled her ticket, then two horses got sick , then there was the flooding and the strikes, and to top it off my back went out and I wondered how I could travel? [that's when I ended up leaving my heavy purse & clothes on the street in Paris haha] and it was so cold there I had to stay in bed to stay warm and it rained almost the whole time.
I was getting nervous that all this meant something not good. Then it turned out things were wonderful.

stuff just happens! I think our brains see a pattern and try to make something of it.
But we are NIRDIs hear us roar! meow!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm so sorry to hear about Greg's injury, I'm hoping he can be seen soon so you guys know what you're dealing with…one of the worst things about this is not knowing what's wrong. Try not to worry, I'm thinking there's a good chance it's just a sprain and will heal with rest. I know that might put a damper on your cycling though. I'm thinking of you both and I have everything crossed that you get an answer soon and it's nothing serious. Needless to say, keep us posted and hugs to you.

Thanks for you support…and yeah, there is absolutely no way I can have my mother here and not have help for at least a few hours a day. At the risk of sounding dramatic, I'd slowly lose my mind if I didn't get a break. Maybe it wouldn't even be slowly haha. I think my sister now has a better understanding of what it's like to be with my mother and care for her for an extended period of time, and in a way it makes me feel better that she gets it now.

Marcy, I can sense the excitement in your post about getting the Macan and I'm excited too! It sounds like you and Marty would really enjoy owning one, I hope it all works out. :dance:

Will check back later!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls :wavey:

Junebug, I love your sisters reply "anything she wants". I think that is so sweet and true at the same time. But it also made me think that maybe your mother (i) does not understand that you have other things to do/ a life, and (ii) that she does not understand that she can not be left alone.. :halo: I do think you are handling the situation very well though! And thank you for liking my pictures! I like to take them just to show you girls, it really is very pretty here :) You deserve the nobels peace price - you and Marcy can tie for it as all her employees are still alive.. LOL

Marcy, I'm so exited to hear if you are ordering the Macan! I did some research and it really does get very good reviews! :) I do love our Tesla as a car number 2. As it is electric, it is not my first choice when heading into the mountains, where the recharge facilities might be scarce. But for city life, it is fab! It handles beautifully also! Especially when you get used to it, the first few times it can have a bit of a go-kart feel IMO, as there is hardly and time at all between turning the steering wheel and that the car actually turns, if you know what I mean. Also, the acceleration is superb, which I adore... :bigsmile:

Missy, I cried when I had to scrap my first car too (it was getting too old). Off course the car loved you! LOL. At least I loved my car, a very old Mercedes 190 E with a big engine and a stick shift... So hard not to miss that car, even with the Tesla. I'm very sorry to hear about Greg hurting his wrist. I do hope and belive that it is just sprained or something. keep us posted! I'm with Jimmianne that things just happen though. I think that the universe is much too busy to try to send us little messages. If there is a universe that wants to tell us something, it should send postcards! So until you receive one of those (please post picture if you do), please go on your merry way! And if you do get one of those postcards, please let me know so that I can yell at the universe for you a bit, you really deserve a break now, and not such messages!! Good Missy. Bad universe! (Please translate to: I love you honey, you really do not deserve this, hope everything works out well and fast.)

Big hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you girls!

Jimmianne, you are quite right of course. Stuff just happens all the time and perspective is key. So yeah that's what I am doing. Putting it in perspective. Thank goodness he is OK and will be OK.

Junie, I am so glad your sister better understands what you are going through caring for your mom and it will be so helpful having her on your side. Thank goodness for that. And thank goodness you are letting people help you. You are so right. It will be the only way to get through the challenges ahead. Not doing it alone and asking for help and allowing others to help. Big (((hugs))). And thank you for all your good wishes for Greg. We both appreciate that so much.

Scandi, yes I agree you are right. The universe is way too busy give me messages LOL. How narcissistic of me to think otherwise. :lol: IDK I just love looking for the signs. ::)

We are so similar. Crying over our beloved first cars. My car's name was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Haha I am so corny I know but hey I was young. 8-)

Thank you for your kind message. I love you too and all the NIRDIs and hope many more good things happen than bad and that all the NIRDIs enjoy good health, love, joy and happiness. And of course BLING. :devil: :halo:
Big hugs to you too.

OK so radiologist read X-rays and no fracture is seen so woohoo for that. Of course a bad sprain can be challenging in its own right but keeping good thoughts and hoping he heals quickly and fully.

So I went driving this afternoon as it has been a long time since I drove and it really is like riding a bike. :lol: Except not as cardiovascular. :cheeky: And I couldn't resist shopping though I was not planning on getting out of the car so I had my hair in Ouidad metal clips as I had just washed it and it was drying. So LOL you can imagine but hey no one really cares anyway right? And I scored a sweet swing dress and shrug and am pleased I got something done even though we didn't get to go bike riding. Making lemon out of lemonade. :sun:

Thank you all for your good wishes and healing dust for Greg. He is icing his wrist and on a conference call right now.
I hope everyone is enjoying their day. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Healing dust to Greg. Glad it's not a fracture! Tell that man to be gentle on himself from now on . Remember that song "Take good care of yourself, you belong to me"? Probably way before your time : )

I just posted a photo of my local weather report to facebook - out of the next 10 days, 10 days of thunderstorms. It is very hot and muggy-beyond comfortable.
The vet just left and she said Pom is healing nicely. He has been a stall for at least 6 weeks! [with a big fan turned on him] and more stall time ahead, but now I can take him for little walks on soft grass every day. Between storms, that would be.
Well, just got a message from Tony. My ring will be ready at 4pm tomorrow. yay!

Marcy, excited about your car order being held - GREAT color and a well-built car. Well worth the wait. I've heard that it's cost effective to go to the factory to pick it up. I can come housesit while you and Marty do that :naughty:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI Babes! :appl:

Thank for reading my woes with Verizon. Thus far they have made everything happen in my favor, they "believe" my reporting of the data useage overreporting and told me there are quite a few plan holders who have this happening to them. They expect my situation to be fixed by the end of the week. They credited $15 to my next monthly bill as a gesture of good will.

So I'm going to assume they are indeed going to fix it and I'm going to assume my monthly bill will continue on as it has for the past year (no overages of any sort).

HA, I will check every month after the bill posts (on the 5th of each month) to check.

I'm glad to read everyone is basically doing okay, Greg and Sharon's mom excepting. Much dust to them both as they heal up.

Maggie seriously lost her cool last night with the fireworks. She was really distraught. I have valium from the vet I could give her, but Valium is discoordinating and if she luxates one of those hip replacements itd be curtains, so no Valium for Miss Maggie. *I* should have taken one, hahahaha, no worries I took an Ativan at midnight and slept the sleep of the innocent :angel:

I hope all the other pets did okay. I know Snacks was probably setting off the fireworks that freaked out the neighborhood furbags, Marcy!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See what I said about my middle finger? The door jam won. And to add a movie quote "it's merely a flesh wound. I've had worse." :lol:

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1467768352.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I am keeping Greg in my thoughts and sending tons of get better dust his way. Poor guy! I am glad to hear the radiologist didn’t see any fractures. I get being very upset about that guy destroying your car. Some of my cars were very special to me. I am glad no one was hurt in that awful accident. I hope that drunk driver went to jail.

Jimmianne, not only did you turn lemon in to lemonade but you ended up with champagne. Sweet! I am delighted to hear Pom is doing well. Your forecast sounds like ours. I am so excited you get your ring tomorrow. I can’t wait to see it. That would be cool to go pick up our car. I guess you can watch it being unloaded at the dock and pick it up at our regional Porsche center which is in Houston which of course as we know if home to Whiteflash. I’d be too poor to buy anything though. I’ll put you down for housesitting for us. The bears behave but the rabbits sure need an eye kept on them.

Junebug, I am glad to hear your sister sees what spending time with your mom is like. Yes you definitely need to get a break every day. I am pretty excited about the Macan. Usually I freak out and decide not to spend the money but I’m still planning on ordering it tomorrow.

Scandinavian, I am more impressed I have never yelled at my employees - it would start with what the he*l do you . . . I am glad you are enjoying the Telsa. I go get the unexpected feeling of how quickly a car turns - that is how I’ve had so many curbing incidents. Acceleration is definitely a good thing. My car sure doesn’t have that ability right now.

Kristie, glad to hear Verizon is giving you some credit for your hassle. Poor Maggie. I hope she is doing better today.

I ventured to work 30 minutes early to avoid traffic. Then ended up working about 50 minutes late. It was a busy day.

Marty went to a concert at Red Rocks with some friends tonight. They’ll have fun.

Laters,
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy 5th, everybody! I probably won't be able to catch up completely, but will give it a quick try.

Missy, glad to hear Greg didn't break anything. That must be a big relief! And it looks like you had a nice, old-fashioned 4th for your bike ride.

Marcy, ouch on the door jam! And the new Porsche sounds like the perfect choice, and I love that blue. You must be so excited! Also love that cool cloud photo.

Jimmianne, I loved your earlier post about things turning around and how we NIRDI's roar! That really hit home for me at just the right time so thank you! I'm glad Pom is doing better and can get out of the stall now. Pom will enjoy being outside even if it is still restricted to certain areas and only between thunderstorms.

Junie, your mom might still come around on the home health care aide. It can take awhile, but it can happen. Familiarity and routine can work wonders. And having your sister see how much work it is to take care of your mom is important.

Scandi, glad you love your Tesla. I've put in a reservation for a Tesla Model 3. It will be years away and I might change my mind before it's actually available, but I saw photos of it and fell in love.

Kristie, glad you're feeling better and that Verizon is going to fix the problem. I would have freaked out too. I read your post then checked my usage and it seems high for me. I'm not sure if it was going to Canada. I thought I'd gotten the international plan but Verizon seems to be really slow implementing it and so it keeps saying it's still pending approval. I'm not sure what needs approving. I've been with them for years and never missed a payment.

Gypsy, it sounds like you need to keep track of a lot so all your cats can peacefully co-exist. My MIL is not ethnic, she's just always been very concerned with her appearance. Putting on her makeup, getting her hair done, and dressing nicely with matching accessories is apparently the main thing she does according to her caregiver. Her life has gotten very small, but she seems okay with it so that's what's important.

Sharon, hope that work is going well, and you're back into the swing of things. And hope Mom is doing okay on her own. It's hard to watch our parents lose confidence in their abilities, but hope she's getting back into her routine.

As for me, I ended up not going to the island for the holiday weekend. A variety of things kept me in town through Saturday, and I eventually decided I'd rather stay in the city. It was a tough weekend, holidays usually are, and I ended up having to invoke the 3-day rule. Today is better though. I'm working on the itinerary for my trip, and I'm really getting excited to go.

Everybody have a good Wednesday!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, Rainwood. You may have discovered one of the keys to happiness - a Telsa in the far future and a trip in the near future!
[I know nothing about the Telsa, except it sounds "scientific", so will do some research].
Someday you can drive your Telsa to your vacation home : ) and by that time there will be all these other great things to look forward to.
Your new dog is beautiful, very nicely done. Have you named him/her yet?

Ouch for your finger, Marcy. I hope it doesn't hurt too much because it is an excellent excuse for wearing a Snoopy bandage. Even though the bandage has to compete with a gorgeous band. We should invent a line of bling bandages to go with the Snoopys...
I love Red Rocks theater and once saw John Hartford play his country fiddle with the Denver Symphony Orchestra. It was magical. Did Marty have a good time?

Hi everyone! I am reading about everyone's world turning, just have turned onto a lousy responder : (
It is always so impressive - those of us who can remember what everyone is doing. Something to aspire to!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, don't worry about not responding to everything we say and updating "As the NIRDIs turn". Just keeping us company and hanging out with the "NIRDI Babes" as Kristie calls us is A-OK with us. :appl:

I am so thrilled Pom is getting back to feeling well!
I am on pins and needles with excitement and cannot wait for you to pick your ring up from Tony. He has been keeping all of us waiting and our patience is wearing thin. :cheeky: But I am sure it is well worth the wait. Please keep us posted. :love:

Rainwood, I am glad you decided to go with your heart and stay in the city this weekend. Holidays and other special occasions are so hard and I am glad you do what is best for you. Nurture yourself and take care of yourself and sending big (((hugs))) your way. Your trip will be here before you know it and it will be a wonderful adventure. Enjoy the planning and excitement of anticipation! Do you need a dog sitter for your new adopted doggie? I volunteer if you do. :cheeky:

Marcy, oh no, I am sorry about the flesh wound but glad it isn't worse and love the colorful bandaid. OK today is the day woohoo! I am excited for you and cannot wait to hear how it went and what you and Marty decide to do. Enjoy! I am living vicariously through you re the car purchase and I am feeling the need of a car of my own. Hearing about all your car adventures makes me want to have one of my own after all these years. What fun it would be planning which car to get, what color etc. Thank you for letting me enjoy your car journey until I can start my own.

Kristie, I am sorry Maggie had a tough time of it July 4th and hope that is a distant memory for her now. It wasn't too bad around here for once this holiday. Weird. There were fireworks but they were across the bay and not too loud as in years past. Not sure if there were less local fireworks or what but I was very relieved. Also relieved your Verizon ordeal worked out so quickly and yay for the credit. Our usage has gone up quite a bit as well and now I am wondering if they are getting it right. We upped our plan to 6 (GB? MGB? IDK the nomenclature lol) because they said we were hitting 75% of our usage in the first 2 weeks so I wanted to get a higher plan and now I am wondering if they bamboozled me. :???: Anyway glad it all worked out for you!

Scandi, good morning or should I say good afternoon. Hope you had a good morning and looking forward to your photo of the day.
Glad you enjoy your Tesla. I can see where it would be challenging traveling to remote areas with few charging stations around but it is a great city car for sure.

Greg said his wrist is feeling better so we are cautiously optimistic. Not canceling his orthopedist appointment for tomorrow just yet. If he continues to improve though we will cancel as it means heading back to Brooklyn with all the kitties if we keep the Thursday appointment. The ferry schedule just doesn't work for the middle of the day appointment and then returning to the beach house so it's a pain. Neither of us want to pack everyone up and everything up and head back to the city unless we have to. Fingers crossed his wrist keeps improving. No cycling until he is almost completely better. No sense risking it.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday and I cannot wait to hear updates from Marcy and Jimmianne. Don't leave the NIRDIs hanging girls. :naughty: :appl: :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much time on my hands LOL. Greg took some (right handed I promise he is resting his left wrist!) Tommy photos just now and I have to share. OMG isn't Tommy the most handsome mocha leopard ever? :love:

oursweettommythemochaleopard.jpg

sweettommythemochaleopard.jpg

tommyscloseup.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, my knuckle is a lot better. It bled a lot but probably because there is only thin skin there. Sorry to hear you had a tough weekend; holidays are difficult for sure. I admire you that stick with your 3 day rule but having something like that can help get you going again. How fun to be working on your itinerary. How exciting to put in a reservation for a Tesla 3. They look awesome.

Jimmianne, my knuckle only hurt that night. I swear I have more dings and bruises on me that a little kid who falls down all the time. I am such a klutz. Bling bandages would be fabulous. I do have Snoopy bandages both here and at work. Ooh there is a surprise. I am glad to hear you enjoyed a concert at Red Rocks. It is a magical place. Marty and his friends did have a wonderful time last night. He got home about 2 so he is in bed already. I am so anxious to see your ring.

Missy, when are you going car shopping? Finding a new car is fun. Usually we’ve done a ton of research first this time it was a whim based on seeing a Cayenne drive by us on the highway. Then we saw 2 more. The next thing I knew we were going to test drive once. Marty is pretty excited and will enjoy the new car but I guess I am sensitive because he said after the fact we bought the car now because of me he was fine to wait. Now I feel bad. I know I am being a pouty silly girl. Must be my typical buyers remorse kicking in. Must focus on getting a pretty new car. Right? Greg pictures of Tommy. How is Greg’s wrist tonight? Is he sleeping okay?

We headed to the Audi dealer about noon. We were still trying to decide on wheels, interior color and I wanted to make sure I wanted that color of blue. Of course the color is named sapphire and the interior we picked is garnet red. It’s like it was calling to me. I was resisting a red interior but felt the brown / beige just kind of went with a blue car, the light grey and dark gray looked good with it and then they put down the red / black sample and I thought it looked good with the blue. The car builder online makes the red appear brighter red than it is in person so we went for it. Estimated arrival in the U.S. is October 21st. It comes in through a port in Texas then is sent out from Houston. I was all excited and happy until supper and then Marty said we did this because it was my idea and now I am freaking out. He is excited and wants the car but said we are buying it now because I wanted it. He doesn’t care that we are getting it but it burst my bubble a bit. I am going to look in to how much the prepaid maintenance and extended warranties will cost. I will try to save enough money to cover them and give them that much as an additional deposit. I am going “What have I done?”

I guess the Porsche dealers get “slots” to put in orders for specific models. My dealer called in a favor from a dealer in Denver to get our slot. So I jokingly offered him chocolate chip cookies if he’d give it to us so he sent back his name and address. I guess I need to make him cookies. Funny thing he is at the dealer we went to visit on Monday.

My Audi did have rodent damage. Something chewed through the wiring harness for the speed sensor. Grr. They had foxes around work that chased away or eliminated the little varmints like rabbits, weasels, mice, etc. Well security got rid of them and now the varmints are taking over. I have heard of several people having this problem. I guess they put soy on wiring and it attracts varmints.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

img_12169.jpg

screen_shot_2016-07-06_at_0.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, I am glad your finger is healing and not bleeding anymore. The Snoopy bandaid has healing properties I think. :bigsmile:

I am so excited for you and don't let Marty's comments spoil your excitement OK? He didn't mean to dampen your joy and he is just being a man yanno? So don't give it a second thought. It was meant to be that your wires were chewed through leading you to this car. And yay for an easy fix and double yay for getting your sapphire blue Macan with garnet red interior this autumn. That is a luxurious color combo and one I would be delighted to have in my car too. Super excited for you. Long drive to NYC is in order around that time dontcha think? :Up_to_something: :cheeky:

Anyway congratulations my dear. You made a wonderful choice! Beautiful car and great reviews! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you for asking about Greg. He said his wrist is feeling better so that's a relief. It is still swollen but less so. We canceled the orthopedist appointment and instead made one for next week in case it is not better. This way we get to stay here for the rest of the week and weekend since he feels his wrist is improving and there was no need to rush to the orthopedist.

Jimmianne, looks like we are having your weather now. Day after day of potential thunderstorms. And temps in the 90's. I'm sweating already lol and just glad to be at the beach house with our central A/C because in our Brooklyn home we have wall air conditioners that are noisy and just don't keep us cool enough anyway. Nothing beats working central A/C. Speaking of which I am thinking of you Rainwood and hoping that A/C problem at your beach house will be fixed soon if it is not already.

Scandi, hope all is well. Any log updates? Hoping things are progressing more smoothly on that front.

Sharon, how is your mom doing? I hope she is feeling better each day. Sending hugs to both of you and healing vibes her way.

Junie, how are you feeling? Is your sister still visiting or has she left already? Has the home health professional started helping yu with your mom yet? How is your mom doing and is she sleeping any better? Thinking of you both and sending more good thoughts and hugs your way.

Hey to everyone and hope you have a good Thursday. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, did you get your ring from Tony yet? With all the excitement yesterday re Marcy's new car it slipped my mind but you are not off the hook Ms Jimmianne. What's going on with your gorgeous ring? Cmon, spill girlfriend. Are you holding out on us? 8)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha, yes, I am holding out on you!
at least until I get a few decent photos.

Good day everyone!
I have to drive to Raleigh, an hour away, and will be back later to see how the Thursday world is turning!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

I will be back later but just wanted to tell you guys that unfortunately my mother is in the hospital - she was up last night with nausea and vomiting so we called 911…she has pancreatitis and the treatment for that is no eating or drinking and IV fluids to rest the pancreas - she will be in the hospital for the next 2 or 3 days - the cause for the pancreatitis is probably gallstones so she's having more testing done - sorry to be a downer but just wanted to let you all know - thinking of you all and will check in with you soon!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1467915200|4052668 said:
Hi everyone -

I will be back later but just wanted to tell you guys that unfortunately my mother is in the hospital - she was up last night with nausea and vomiting so we called 911…she has pancreatitis and the treatment for that is no eating or drinking and IV fluids to rest the pancreas - she will be in the hospital for the next 2 or 3 days - the cause for the pancreatitis is probably gallstones so she's having more testing done - sorry to be a downer but just wanted to let you all know - thinking of you all and will check in with you soon!

Wow JuneB--I am sorry to hear about this latest health event. I hope your Mom is comfortable--as Pancreatitis is painful. :(( Keep us updated, and as always, healing vibes across the miles!

kind regards, Sharon

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1467915200|4052668 said:
Hi everyone -

Hi Junie, and lots of dust to your dear mom as she recovers from the pancreatitis. Its painful, no way around it. Dust to you too, I know you're running herd over this.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Junie, my thoughts are with you and your mom.

It sounds like the medical staff have a plan to deal with the pancreatitis and find the cause. And if you're looking for an upside, maybe this event will help your mother realize that being on her own is not in her best interest. That might change her mind about having the aide. At least one can hope!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, honey, I am so sorry and I am keeping your dear mom in my thoughts and prayers. And as Rainwood wrote this might help convince your mom she cannot be on her own. Big (((HUGS))) to you and sending bucket loads of healing dust to your mom.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I am sorry to hear about your mom. Hugs to both you and her. I hope they get her feeling better soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, of course the Snoopy bandage has healing powers. You should get some bigger ones for Greg’s wrist. How is he doing tonight? I am glad to hear he was better this morning and you guys aren’t going back to the city. Good deal not to have to cut your vacation short. I think driving my new car to NYC would be fun. I definitely want to drive it somewhere. A road trip would be a must once we get it.

Jimmianne, I can’t believe you are holding out on us. If I had my new car I could zip over and see your ring in person. I am sure Puff would test my ankles for tastiness as well. Do you like your new ring?

Junebug, I’ve been thinking of you and your mom since seeing your post earlier. How is she doing tonight? I am sending her lots of get well dust from Wyoming.

Kristie, thanks for the email today. It made me feel better to know I’m not the only one who freaks out and has buyer’s remorse.

Hi Rainwood, Scandinavian, LLJsmom and Sharon.

I am better today and not freaking out so much about buying my new SUV. I always suffer from buyers remorse. I also realized today what triggered Marty’s comments - they followed my nagging at him about getting speeding tickets. So I started down that path. D’oh! We are both excited but he is right I am more excited about it than he is. It’s going to be a long time until delivery.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results