shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Brrr it is freezing outside. I hope everyone is staying warm and comfie this weekend. Happy Valentine's Day weekend! 1427050zn81avosb2.gif

LLJsmom, vent here all you like. That's what this thread is for you know. So sorry for your friend. That sucks. My heart goes out to her and her children. I hope somehow things work out. If he's not worth it I hope she finds an amazing partner one day with whom she can share life's adventures good and bad. And in the meantime I hope she can find comfort and support from her family and friends.

Thanks for asking for about the kitties LLJsmom. Greg just told me he saw all the soda gang eating last night. Now they just have to make it through the next few days because the temps are dropping each hour here and will be -25F wind chill by tonight. And colder at the beach so that sucks. NIRDIs, Please keep thinking good thoughts for the soda gang. Thank you girls!

Kristie, Happy 20th anniversary! Did you guys get married on Valentine's Day 20 years ago? Spill the deets girlfriend. Sorry lunch didn't work out the way you planned it yesterday but glad you guys are enjoying your time together. LOL re Maggie and me and our skin. My mom always said my nickname is a dog's name haha and I guess I share more than just that with some. :lol: I am sorry she is dealing with skin issues but just think it probably isn't causing her as much distress as it would cause us. Anyway hugs to her and Finnie boy and to you and Bob on your anniversary. Good going and here's to many many more decades together. Happy and healthy. And rich with love if not money.

And I always agreed with that saying and still do. If a problem can be solved by money it's not really a problem.
Sorry the gem show was disappointing this year.

Marcy, what are your plans this weekend? For Valentine's Day? I'm glad you are looking forward to your new work projects. Also glad Marty is cool and calm re this potential new position at work. Darn if he could get a fantastic position in NYC I would be so excited about that. We sure would have fun I can promise you that! We didn't go out for pizza last night as I wasn't in the mood. Truth be told I am not excited about eating pizza since it is bad for my skin but a promise is a promise and if Greg wants pizza pizza we shall have. It has been years I think since any pizza has touched my lips. Sometimes I get frustrated that I cannot enjoy certain foods like "normal" people but then I get over myself and realize hey there are many worse things in life so deal with it and be an adult. LOL sometimes begin an adult sucks but gotta take the good with the bad.

Junie, since Greg isn't getting me the Teddy Bear Rabbit I would love for you to adopt him. Wouldn't that be the best VD gift ever? Today I think (not sure cause it is so cold out I do not relish being out and about today but it's the only way if we do this) we are heading to Best Friends in the Village as they are having an adoption event. I must be in lala land if I think Greg's heart will melt at any of the kitties looking for homes at that event. But hope his heart does melt and I come home with a rescue this weekend. Woohoo. Girls, I know most of you are rolling your eyes thinking she is insane. Another fur baby in the 4 kitty household. That's nuts. And I know it is because we are so lucky all 4 get along. There is quite a risk if we add another to the brood and then what would we do if one or more start acting out and spraying etc. That would be a nightmare. OK I just talked myself out of adopting another. For this minute anyway hahaha. :oops: :lol:

So your dh's threshold for playing golf sort of matches my threshold for cycling. 50s I can do (albeit I freeze with the wind we generate as we cycle) but 40s is pushing it. Hmm maybe one day we can play golf just the 4 of us. It seems it would be a good sport/hobby for couples dontcha think? We can both drive our dhs crazy during the game. Haha. :lol:

I am sorry you have been feeling a bit blah sweet Junie. I am sending happy thoughts and love this Valentine's Day weekend your way and I hope you are enjoying a marvelous weekend. (((HUGS))).

Sharing a photo from this AM at the beach house. I find it serene and beautiful and I hope my NIRDIs enjoy it. HUGS and LOVE to all of you this Valentine's Day weekend. XOXO backyardthismorningvalentineweekend2016brrrcold_0.jpg

And a quick little poem for my NIRDIs. Apologizing in advance because I am writing this right now as I go and it is not up to my usual standards. :oops:

Happy Valentine's Day to all my sweet NIRDI girls
You are each more valuable to me than diamonds or pearls

The weather here is harsh and so cold
that is true, yes
but in our hearts we have love that is warm and comforting
and simply the best

And so I lovingly reach out to each of you and sing
Here's hoping this year to each of you will surely bring

Wishing all my girls great health and love and all possible joys
and lots of unconditional love from all their girls and boys

May this year bring all the best to each and everyone of you
May health, happiness, joy and prosperity come to each of you

May all the NIRDIs experience only happiness and no more sorrow
And may sweetness and love be with you for each tomorrow

I am sending so many hugs and kisses to my sweet NIRDIs
who are in heart and soul so pure
Happy Valentine's Day weekend to all my sweet girlies
and wishing you many many more

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!! :kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Brrr it is freezing outside. I hope everyone is staying warm and comfie this weekend. Happy Valentine's Day weekend! 1427050zn81avosb2.gif

LLJsmom, vent here all you like. That's what this thread is for you know. So sorry for your friend. That sucks. My heart goes out to her and her children. I hope somehow things work out. If he's not worth it I hope she finds an amazing partner one day with whom she can share life's adventures good and bad. And in the meantime I hope she can find comfort and support from her family and friends.

Thanks for asking for about the kitties LLJsmom. Greg just told me he saw all the soda gang eating last night. Now they just have to make it through the next few days because the temps are dropping each hour here and will be -25F wind chill by tonight. And colder at the beach so that sucks. NIRDIs, Please keep thinking good thoughts for the soda gang. Thank you girls!

Kristie, Happy 20th anniversary! Did you guys get married on Valentine's Day 20 years ago? Spill the deets girlfriend. Sorry lunch didn't work out the way you planned it yesterday but glad you guys are enjoying your time together. LOL re Maggie and me and our skin. My mom always said my nickname is a dog's name haha and I guess I share more than just that with some. :lol: I am sorry she is dealing with skin issues but just think it probably isn't causing her as much distress as it would cause us. Anyway hugs to her and Finnie boy and to you and Bob on your anniversary. Good going and here's to many many more decades together. Happy and healthy. And rich with love if not money.

And I always agreed with that saying and still do. If a problem can be solved by money it's not really a problem.
Sorry the gem show was disappointing this year.

Marcy, what are your plans this weekend? For Valentine's Day? I'm glad you are looking forward to your new work projects. Also glad Marty is cool and calm re this potential new position at work. Darn if he could get a fantastic position in NYC I would be so excited about that. We sure would have fun I can promise you that! We didn't go out for pizza last night as I wasn't in the mood. Truth be told I am not excited about eating pizza since it is bad for my skin but a promise is a promise and if Greg wants pizza pizza we shall have. It has been years I think since any pizza has touched my lips. Sometimes I get frustrated that I cannot enjoy certain foods like "normal" people but then I get over myself and realize hey there are many worse things in life so deal with it and be an adult. LOL sometimes begin an adult sucks but gotta take the good with the bad.

Junie, since Greg isn't getting me the Teddy Bear Rabbit I would love for you to adopt him. Wouldn't that be the best VD gift ever? Today I think (not sure cause it is so cold out I do not relish being out and about today but it's the only way if we do this) we are heading to Best Friends in the Village as they are having an adoption event. I must be in lala land if I think Greg's heart will melt at any of the kitties looking for homes at that event. But hope his heart does melt and I come home with a rescue this weekend. Woohoo. Girls, I know most of you are rolling your eyes thinking she is insane. Another fur baby in the 4 kitty household. That's nuts. And I know it is because we are so lucky all 4 get along. There is quite a risk if we add another to the brood and then what would we do if one or more start acting out and spraying etc. That would be a nightmare. OK I just talked myself out of adopting another. For this minute anyway hahaha. :oops: :lol:

So your dh's threshold for playing golf sort of matches my threshold for cycling. 50s I can do (albeit I freeze with the wind we generate as we cycle) but 40s is pushing it. Hmm maybe one day we can play golf just the 4 of us. It seems it would be a good sport/hobby for couples dontcha think? We can both drive our dhs crazy during the game. Haha. :lol:

I am sorry you have been feeling a bit blah sweet Junie. I am sending happy thoughts and love this Valentine's Day weekend your way and I hope you are enjoying a marvelous weekend. (((HUGS))).

Sharing a photo from this AM at the beach house. I find it serene and beautiful and I hope my NIRDIs enjoy it. HUGS and LOVE to all of you this Valentine's Day weekend. XOXO backyardthismorningvalentineweekend2016brrrcold_0.jpg

And a quick little poem for my NIRDIs. Apologizing in advance because I am writing this right now as I go and it is not up to my usual standards. :oops:

Happy Valentine's Day to all my sweet NIRDI girls
You are each more valuable to me than diamonds or pearls

The weather here is harsh and so cold and freezing
that is true, yes
but in our hearts we have love that is warm and comforting
and simply the best

And so I lovingly reach out to each of you and sing
Here's hoping this year to each of you will surely bring

Wishing all my girls great health and love and all possible joys
and lots of unconditional love from all their girls and boys

May this year bring all the best to each and everyone of you
May health, happiness, joy and prosperity come to each of you

May all the NIRDIs experience only happiness and no more sorrow
And may sweetness and love be with you for each tomorrow

I am sending so many hugs and kisses to my sweet NIRDIs
who are in heart and soul so pure
Happy Valentine's Day weekend to all my sweet girlies
and wishing you many many more

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!! :kiss:

EDIT: Ha just adding a story from the WSJ that Greg shared with me. Enjoy.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/be-my-financially-compatible-valentine-1455286835?cb=logged0.7300908255856484

Be My Financially Compatible Valentine
Credit scores prove good locator of lasting love matches

by JO CRAVEN MCGINTY

Feb. 12, 2016 9:20 a.m. ET

Does your Valentine make you laugh? Is she easy to talk to? If so, that’s great.

But if you’re looking for a long-term relationship, researchers at the U.S. Federal Reserve say a credit score may be a better measurement of compatibility.

“People who have higher credit scores are more likely to form committed relationships and stay with a partner longer,” said Jessica Hayes, who examined the connection between credit scores and committed relationships with two other researchers in the Fed’s consumer-finance section.

The trio sifted through the credit histories of 12 million U.S. consumers, identified romantic partners and then tracked their unions and breakups over a 15-year period.

The records revealed that people with higher credit scores were more likely to commit to a relationship, and when they did, the relationship was more likely to last.

Having similar credit scores, the researchers found, also had a positive effect. Those with similar scores, even if they weren’t especially high, stayed together longer than those with very different scores.

“We were surprised by how significant a role the credit score plays in a committed relationship regarding timing and whether people enter the relationship and its success,” said Geng Li, an economist in the Fed’s consumer-finance section and one of the study’s authors.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Happy Valentine’s Eve! :wavey:

Junebug, I hope you get to adopt the teddy bear rabbit. Stay safe and warm from the bone chilling cold there. Marty has played golf in maybe 30 degree weather. Our local golf course has a New Year’s Day 9 hole tournament called “Freeze your Butt Off” and I think Marty did it once. I would recommend a trip to Pebble Beach. It is so pretty. I’d do it again someday. I know - people can be so rude interrupting me during a Broncos parade. The nerve! Sorry to hear you are feeling a little blah; I hope you have a nice restful Valentine’s weekend that helps lift your spirits.

LLJsmom, as so many of us often say - rant away. It’s nice we have this thread to vent. I am mad at your friend’s husband too. My cousin and his wife had 4 boys and the youngest one was accidentally shot by one of his brothers. He was 9 at the time and ended up being paralyzed from the neck down. So his wife was the little boys care giver and my cousin felt neglected and started having girlfriends. They ended up getting a divorce and there wasn’t a member of our family who wasn’t mad at him over the whole deal. The first time many of us had seen him since then was my mom’s funeral and he sure came in with a chip on his shoulder. Guilty conscious I’d say. He must on some level realize he is a selfish self centered jerk!

Missy, I am sending warm wishes to the soda gang. Your cold sounds like what we get here in December and January. Stay warm! It does suck not being able to eat things. I know how you feel. But yes we take the good with the bad and go on. We are NIRDI’s hear us roar, right? I know you’ll want to bring home more kitties. You have a good heart and kitties are a big soft spot in there. The view of the beach looks fabulous. Yes, it would be nice setting there and enjoying the view. Thank you so much for the lovely Valentine’s poem. It made me tear up. Very well said. You and the rest of the NIRDIs are more precious than diamonds and pearls and even sapphires! No doubt about that. I liked Greg’s story about credit scores. Makes sense they often say the 2 biggest reasons couples fight is kids and money. Since we have neither we rarely fight.

I made each of us a pancake for breakfast and Marty some bacon. I called to see if we could get in to the best restaurant in town sometime today and she had one reservation left at 3 so I took it.

We went to the grocery store this morning and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Marty bought me heart creme brule dishes for Christmas so he is going to make us some creme brule tomorrow for Valentine’s day. He needed a little culinary torch. We have a torch in the garage but didn’t think that would work well on food. :lol:

I am working on my huge stack of laundry today and will try to make little heart cookies.

Have a wonderful day.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG NIRDIS. 2 glasses of wine on an empty stomach for me is a bit too much. Doh. We had a nice Valentines dinner though. I had a baseball cut sirloin and brought home 1/2 of it for a sandwich this week. Marty had the 42 oz tomahawk steak. He put a massive dent in that sucker. Here is what it looked like when the brought it out of the kitchen.

_1995.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Valentine's Day to my NIRDIs!

Marcy it's just you and me here it seems. Wishing you and Marty a romantic and wonderful day. Thank you for sharing your delicious day yesterday and man that is a big hunk of meat. 3PM is a great time to be eating a lovely meal IMO and glad you got the reservation. It looks like a lovely restaurant!

How did your heart cookies come out?

Callie, hope your doctor's appointment went well yesterday and that you had a good visit with your brother. Thinking of you sweetheart.

Greg and I went to Soho yesterday and the Village and we had a very productive day. I ordered 2 new pairs of glasses (one regular Rx and one sunglass Rx) and then we visited the Animal Rescue pop up in the Village sponsored by Best Friends. We almost adopted a sweet orange and white kitty and I know you will all be shocked to hear this but I made the decision not to. Greg told me it was OK with him to adopt this kitty but I knew he was doing it just for me. As much as I want another rescue cat I want Greg to be (almost) as enthusiastic as I am about it and so I decided not to at this time. But oh he is such a sweet kitty. We took him out and played with him for a while. He has an umbilical cord hernia that needs to be fixed which will be when he is neutered and it is not something serious. I am still thinking about him but I know in my heart I made the right decision.

sweetandres.jpg

I just hope he and all the other rescues find a loving and safe home very soon. It was a wonderful event yet heartbreaking too with so many in need of good homes. Both great dogs and cats alike.

And I will leave you with another pic of the backyard at the beach from this morning. What a difference a day makes huh? Look at that frozen bay where yesterday it was flowing and active today it is almost all frozen.

frozen2016.jpg

Happy Valentine's Sunday girls. (((Hugs))) and love to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to add another pic the security camera just snapped. It looks even more frozen now just a little over an hour later. :shock:
It's so crisp out there. Can you see NYC in the skyline?

frozenbay.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hugs and love to all!
Cute%20flowers.gif

Missy, your poem is so beautiful!!! :clap: I'm so touched by it and I keep re-reading it - I am so grateful to all of you and for the kindness, companionship, and support that is offered in this thread. Knowing I can pop in and "visit" with all of you is very comforting and has gotten me through some rough and lonely moments. I love you all and am happy I haven gotten the chance to know such a wonderful group of women!

I understand what you are saying about the kitty missy - I feel the same way, it feels more natural and right to make a big decision when I know my husband is completely on board. Big hugs to you, I know this isn't easy for you. It is SO sweet of Greg to be willing to do this to make you happy though, that is very loving and caring of him and just shows true love!!! :love: And, after some time has passed maybe, just maybe, that kitty will make it's way to you :halo: But I get that it's complicated to take in another pet and it really helps if everyone involved is sure they're totally up for it.

I love the pics of the bay, such a beautiful view!!! I love seeing your pics, it's fun to share in your life - I'm going to make more of an effort to post more pics too.

Marcy, your Valentine's dinner looks delicious and it looks like such a nice restaurant! I'm glad you had a good time. And creme brûlée sounds delicious! :lickout: Lol to using the torch in the garage, that would be a sight! I hope you and Marty enjoy your day together and the creme brûlée turns out just right.

LLJsom, I'm doing ok! Just feeling a little worn out and tired lately I guess…also putting on some weight, which has me a little down. Ugh. Have you decided on your next purchase? Are you going for the rose gold band? I love rose gold, it is such a beautiful metal. I hope you are having a good day, and are able to just relax for a bit and spend some quality time with your wonderful family.

The hubs will be home in a little while from his business trip, he mentioned going out for something to eat when he gets in, but we both forgot it's Valentine's Day and the restaurants are going to be packed so we might have to rethink that.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday so far!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
will-you-be-my-valentine.jpg
be-my-valentine-cute-white-teddy.gif

be-my-valentine-diamond-heart.gif

Happy Valentine's Day, dear NIRDIs!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Valentines gift and our dessert.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1455495079.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1455495096.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, sweet gifts marcy - Love Snoopy, so cute! and the creme brûlée looks amazing! :love: Marty did a good job with that torch lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Happy Valentine’s Day.

Missy, we are holding down the NIRDI fort. My heart cookies were a bust. The dough was too soft to shape as hearts so I just made sticks. They may not look like Valentine’s Day cookies but they taste fine. That restaurant is about the only one in town you need reservations to get in because it’s good and popular. That is a cute kitty and I know it was hard for you to not take him home. I love your beach photos. I can see NYC in the distance. Very cool! Thank you for the cute Valentine pictures.

Junebug, we are here to help any way we can. I really appreciate all of you ladies listen to me cry and whine about all my problems too. It helps me through some tough days. Thank you June and the rest of you wonderful ladies. I was glad we got the reservation at that restaurant. I don’t know where they get their steaks but they are awesome. Marty used his little culinary torch on a wet cutting board but I was still nervous. The crust on the creme brulee turned out marvelous. Sorry you are feeling down and worn out. I hope you and your DH found something nice for dinner.

Marty made us omelets in the microwave for breakfast. It makes your eggs so big and fluffy. We had our homemade pizza about 2:30 and ate our creme brulee a little while ago. Lazy day; all I did was finish reading a book and do laundry. And lots of dishes.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful Valentine’s Day.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Junebug. Marty's Redskins cup with York Peppermint Patties wasn't as cute. I am sure Marty didn't mind though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A diamond Valentine's Greeting

diamondheart_590x300.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Happy Monday!!
Again, we here missed the worst of the cold weather. It is only down to 27 although sleet is expected. Missy, I see you only got down to 15 [so far] and up to 39 today, so that is good for the kitties.
I was watching the multitudes of birds at the feeder and thinking dark thoughts, such as - if you had a bird feeder at the beach house the cats would love that! As I said dark, dark thoughts. LOL

I made percolated coffee this morning for the first time in my life using my Paula Dean from Walmart that I bought 10 years ago to use on the woodstove during power-outages. Ran out of Chemex filters.
Last night before I went to sleep I ordered a pair of pre-set princess dangle earrings from JA. Their sale finally got to me. It will be fun to see if the stones match. Last time, when I got the tiny RB dangles, the stones were ex. cut and beautiful. Fingers crossed - and easy to return if they don't meet expectations. Also got a teeny-tiny fat marquise set in a plain thin band for stacking. I fell in love with the stone and may need a loupe to see it, but It Spoke.

Did I mention that creme brulee is gorgeous? Marty has raised the bar for what it means to be a good husband.
You guys with great husbands!!! I think it's because you all are so special that they want to keep you happy. So you are making them look good due to your wonderfulness. :saint: haha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Hope you are all sleeping in (except Ms Jimmianne as I see she is up and at em this morning :kiss: ) this Presidents Day and a happy Presidents Day!

Jimmianne, don't I wish it stayed that warm here. No such luck sadly. It got down to minus 1 degree F here yesterday. And windchill was -20 to 25 so unfortunately we did hit our predictions this past weekend.

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/cold-outbreak-valentines-northeast-midwest-south-feb2016

In New York City, the low temperature dipped to a daily record low of 1 degree below zero Sunday morning. This is the coldest reading at Central Park since Jan. 19, 1994, or more than two decades.

Lucky you however and I am glad a few NIRDIs remained warm and cozy! No clue yet about our kitties. And it is supposed to snow a bit today so I really hope they stay dry. That is key. Good news it is going up to 49 degrees supposedly tomorrow but with rain. Fingers crossed for the sweet ferals!

Ooh I cannot wait to see your JA dangle earrings! So excited for you! I have not been buying bling so living through you girls that way. YAY Jimmianne! :appl:
Yummy coffee. I am enjoying mine right now.
Thank you for the happy VD cards and wishes.

Marcy, that pizza looked amazing and I am way behind the texts from yesterday. Sorry. I missed a lot I can tell. We had a good afternoon with my parents. Last minute I called them and said hey how about Greg and I come over and we play cards. So we did and I won of course. :bigsmile: I love winning at games. LOL I guess I can be competitive that way. It was very close between my mom and I and Greg and my dad were way behind. I had to shut my phone because the constant pinging was breaking everyone's concentration haha.

I'm sorry the cookies didn't turn out well but certainly you are quite the baker and cook and with as much cooking and baking that you do you have to expect a few busts that's for sure. Thank you for the microwaving eggs tip for making the fluffy. I will share that with Greg as he enjoys eggs occasionally and we never heard of that before.

I agree with J. Marty is a great husband! You 2 make a great couple! :love: I love hearing all about your adventures together and your VD weekend sounded perfect. That creme brûlée ooh la la. Very artistic and looks so good. :lickout:

Thank you for the VD cards and wishes! Blingy and beautiful. And thank you for always holding down the NIRDI fort with me sweetheart.

Junie, I hope when your dh got home after his business trip you had some quiet time together to enjoy each other. I hear you on being a bit tired and on gaining a few pounds. Me too sweetie. Don't get down about it and don't be hard on yourself OK? I don't know about your dh but mine says he loves me with a few extra pounds. More of me to love. :bigsmile: We love you just the way you are Junie. You are perfect. (((Hugs))). We are here for you always. Always. Sending you many more (((HUGS))).
All the NIRDIs are perfect just the way they are. I am grateful for each and everyone of you and I heart you all a lot. <3

Thank you for your VD wishes and the beautiful flowers Junie. I am so happy you enjoyed my poem. Thank you for reading it!

Have a great Monday holiday NIRDIs. I hope everyone is off and enjoying their loved ones today.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy! I am so sorry to hear about the weather.
The Yahoo app on my phone has been lying to me : (
What is it about this winter! It seems much more intense than usual.

I plan to spend the whole day on PS or watching movies : )
It is time to go to the barn and I am resistant to going out every single time, all winter. My horses are wearing my fleece couch throws under their blankets this morning.

I thought this was funny - I bought a heavy shearling coat at the thrift store for $15. Kind of cool - the inside is dyed to look like leopard.
I've been wearing it to the barn so the pockets are full of hay. I bought it before becoming a Francophile but since the label says "Made in France by Jaque Jekel", I looked it up online last night - It's a $2800 coat. So you might say I am [inadvertently] living the life of a haute couture farmer. :lol:

Now sleeting here...and off to the barn :cry:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh great buy Jimmianne on that coat!
Ugh it is snowing right now here too. :knockout:

I think compared to last winter we are doing OK despite the ridiculously too cold temps this Valentine's Day weekend. Hopefully the warmer weather will arrive and will be here to stay. Cold cold stay away.

So far Sammy, Sprite, Squirt, Dr Pepper and Fresca sighting on the security cameras from last night. Woohoo!!!! I think they are all there. Oh I have been and will continue praying so hard for them to make it through this winter and come out healthy and strong. I know I go on and on about this and I appreciate you girls listening and supporting me. If I could physically just bring them all inside and keep them safe I would.

Good luck with the horses and I hope they (and you) stay warm and dry and safe. They are so lucky to have you!

Oh and please let us know if you see any good movies today or any other day. We have been watching lots of good movies. Over the last few nights for the first time (first time for me but not for Greg) we saw The Deer Hunter and One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. I read the book One Flew but never saw the movie. And I had been resistant to seeing The Deer Hunter because of the violence and yes it was violent but I see why it won so many awards. The Vietnam was was so awful. All wars are but that one especially so because the soldiers were not supported when they came back. :(sad So many young men lost their lives and limbs. The movie was incredibly sad but not as sad as the reality of course.

I found the back history fascinating about Meryl Streep and John Cazale and how they were dating during the movie and how he got sick with lung cancer and ultimately died right before it was released. And how she fought for him to be allowed to finish the movie and how they filmed his scenes first so he could finish. I love backstories. I feel so bad he died young (42 I think). He was super talented and I will always remember him as Fredo from the Godfather.

OK enough about that. Good luck today and hug the horses for me. I love horses. So beautiful and elegant and I wish NYC would ban horse carriage rides in Central Park and everywhere. So inhumane and awful. ;(

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - couldn't help seeing this one and just wanted to ask how your leg is doing? Broke my ankle 2 years ago, so I know that's no fun at all.. The operation was oh-so-painful for a few days, but after a year or so I could hardly notice a thing any more! Now my ankle is picture perfect again :) Wishing you all the best!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, that was a dark thought but hey you were thinking of the cats, right? I hope it’s not too icy for you to go out and tend to your animals. I am glad to hear your horses have on fleece. One of the best things every invented says the girl who is always cold. How did your percolated coffee turn out? I love the smell of brewing coffee but I don’t like coffee to drink. Your PC dangle earrings and marquis ring sound fabulous. I can’t wait to see them. Thank you for the kind words about Marty; he is a good guy and sure spoils me. I love you are living the life of a haute couture farmer.

Missy, I am sorry our Wyoming cold and wind chill came to visit you. At least it is warming up for you tomorrow. Cards with your parents sounds like a lot of fun. I am glad you won. I like to win but I am indifferent if I lose. That attitude drives Marty and my friend crazy! They are both really competitive so they don’t get it. At least my cookies taste fine; they just aren’t heart shaped. They are red - that works, right? Marty is actually making himself omelets in the microwave. He cuts up 3 turkey sausage (pre-cooked), green pepper and 3 eggs then microwaves them in one of those square disposable containers. He cooks it about 2 1/2 minutes. Just eggs take less time to cook. Thank you for the kind words about Marty and me. I think I am pretty lucky. Greg and you are a great couple. He spoils you too. Woo hoo you saw the feral kitties. Your movies sound good. We watched Bridge of Spies yesterday. It was good.

Hi Scandinavian. I am glad you are doing so well with your ankle. That is great to hear!

Work today was pretty high on the suck-o-meter. Started with an error that I had 45 minutes to correct. Then found out several of our new projects my boss’s boss already said we’d take them over now. Yippee! I had meetings 1/2 of the day so the day zipped by. I was glad to see 5 pm roll around. I exchanged cash for food through a window on the way home. Neither of us felt like cooking or doing dishes tonight. We did have some ice cream and 2 of my non-heart cookies so at least we had something good for supper.

Stay safe and warm.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
re: dark thoughts. In case anyone is worried, I even having trouble killing fleas and ticks ... and weeds in the garden as well. Just wanted to clarify LOL
Woke up to torrential rains and a temperature of 52 degrees. What a change! Maybe this is like the mercurial Wyoming weather?
Anyway, crazy weather and I'm glad of the change. My town could save a lot of money if they made everyone stay home for a mere 24 hours instead of salting all the roads! : (

:wavey: Hi Scandinavian!

Marcy, I hate it when you have a duck-o-meter day. I hope today makes up for it in a good way. I like your cookies & ice cream Rx, and the name of your newly invented treat, "Non-Hearts". Also I love your description of exchanging cash for food through a window. I'm glad you gave Chef Marty a night off.

Missy, so glad you saw the Jack Nicholson movie. Two thumbs up!
Over the weekend I watched The Face of Love with Annette Bening and Ed Harris on streaming Netflix - 5 stars.
I am happy to buy bling to make you happy. haha.
I had fun last night sitting up in bed before going to sleep looking closely at my bling, with the UV light and loupe. Very meditative.
I tried to take a photo for you, but need three hands - will get the tripod out tonight. One of the french cuts in my CVB band is very strong fluorescence. Just a solid block of glowing baby blue. Love it. and all the melee that glow. The secret world : )
Wow, you have a really rainy & windy day ahead. Have you seen your gang yet on the kitty-cam this morning?

Hi June! How are you? What's going on there?

Callie and AZ, I know you are busy, but is it OK to say that I miss your posts?
love & light & sparkles.

Is everyone keeping up with their New Years resolutions?!

img_2818.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandinavian, you are so sweet! I am so happy you are doing well after your ankle break. That is wonderful! I am doing well thank you for asking. I am still making progress a full 20 months after breaking my tibia and fibula and a full 19 months after the surgery. I have lots of metal in my leg but knock wood I am doing well and I am very grateful to be walking and doing almost all the things I was able to do before I broke my leg so severely. Thank you for your good wishes and for visiting us here. I hope you will stop by and visit more often.

Marcy, it looks as if the Wyoming cold has left us (at least for now) and we are headed up to 50 degrees today OMG. Sure it is a soaking rain that comes along with that 50 degrees but what can you do. We had lots of blowing snow yesterday and lots of icy roads so we got a taste of what your winter is like and I have to say no thanks. :wink2: Looking forward to warmer and calmer weather for all of us.

I'm sorry work sucked so badly yesterday and I am hoping today is a better day. Whenever I have a bad day I always think of that Scarlett O'Hara quote. Tomorrow is another day. And surely it is. I hope it is a full 180 degrees from where you were yesterday and that it goes smoothly.

The main thing is your heart cookies taste yummy. Who cares how they look it is how they taste so not a failure after all. And as you wrote they are red so there you go. :lickout: Yes we have to try omelets in the microwave for Greg. He just tried a new waffle/pancake mix we bought at Costco that is high in protein and it actually tastes good. I tasted his pancakes yesterday and they were good. And made with water. Yeah baby. :appl:

Thanks for the movie recs. Marcy and Jimmianne. Will check that out. I love Jack Nicholson. We are on a classic movie binge watching streak. Lots of movies from TCM that are from the 40's/50's and 60's. Of course we have seen most of them but many years ago so we can enjoy them again as enough time has passed. One good thing about not having a good memory LOL.

Jimmianne, I actually saw part of that movie but didn't love it. Maybe I will check it out again. We are having the same exact weather as you today. Looking forward to more bling pics from you thank you for thinking of us! And for the record I have no problem killing bugs. My conscience is just fine with that. Does that make me a bad person? I am scared of bugs honestly and I just hate them. Super icky. :errrr:

Haha love that catoon. :lol:

Have a great Tuesday girls and hope everyone is doing well. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!

Missy, I'm glad you had a nice time with your parents and I'm glad you won…winning feels good lol!

I'm so happy the Soda gang made an appearance! :clap: I think about them all the time, and worry when those temps drop. I'm really glad they seem to have found someplace where they can stay warm during the really cold weather.

I love John Cazale too, he was such a talented actor. He's perfect as Fredo. He was in 5 movies in six years and they were all nominated for Best Picture. It really is so sad that he passed away at such a young age.

Lol to not liking bugs! I'm not a big fan of most of them either, although I do love ladybugs and if one is in the house I will always save it. Crickets too, for some reason. There are these giant spiders down in SC that used to freak me out but over the years I've gotten used to them. They just quietly hang out on their gigantic webs :errrr: I have a picture of one, I'll have to find it and post it. Palmetto bugs are also very common there, and unfortunately that's just a nice name for a cockroach, and I have NO problem killing those, yikes.

Jimmianne, Thank you for the Valentine's Day wishes! Having a percolator for power outages is a good idea. How did the coffee turn out? I'm so excited about your new purchases! I can't wait to see them. Princess cut dangles sound beautiful and different and I love chubby marquise diamonds.

Love the cartoon you posted! :lol:

Also love the story about your coat, oh my gosh, that's amazing! Too funny that you are wearing a very expensive coat to do work in the barn, I love it - you are tres chic!

I'm hanging in, thanks for asking - just my usual routine of going to my mother's during the week. Unfortunately my brother is still resistant to try anything that will give him a break. He's not handling certain things well. I haven't been bringing any of this up because I sound like a broken record and I don't want to frustrate you all with my inability to make changes to this situation. If I just hire someone on my own I know he will say it's not working out, it's a disaster, the person is no good, mom hates her etc. I know him like the back of my hand by now. He's got to be on board with help coming in for it to work. Since my brother is fighting me on everything I am considering just having my mother stay at my house for a while, and I would have help come in. My sister says she is still willing to have my mother, but honestly I don't think she could handle the trip to NC and I just get the feeling my sister's heart isn't in it anymore. My husband has been very supportive and we will figure something out. Sorry, didn't mean to go on about this but just wanted to fill you all in a little. Aren't you glad you asked? :knockout:

Marcy, sorry about the bad day at work, hope you're having a better day today. Sorry about the cookies but they sound like they were still delicious. I find baking pretty tricky, if one little thing is off it can affect the whole outcome. Thank you for your kind words, it's nice knowing you girls are here lol. I'm glad you and Marty took a night off from cooking, it makes for a nice break sometimes, especially after a rough day.

Hi to Kristie, Callie, Sharon, and Sunstorm! :wavey:

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June,
I am glad I asked - so we know what you are going through. Especially hard on you when you are the sibling who is most invested in getting your Mom to a good place. I remember how fraught it was with my Mom, trying to figure out how to take care of her. Hang in there, dear June! There might not be much we NIRDIs can do, but we can listen. Saying a little prayer for some smooth sailing for you and your Mom.

My DD came down with a fever & cough last night and I got there by 9 this morning to spend the day - that poor kid, so health conscious and strong, but catches every bug that comes down the pike. It was my pleasure to just hang out there while she slept or we watched a weird old sit-com, "Third Rock from the Sun" . Now back home with all the chores staring me in the face, so of course that means it is time to check out all the PS threads. :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, thank you for thinking about the Soda gang. You are such a dear. And I don't kill ladybugs either for the record. But I yell for Greg to come and get them out of the house LOL. I am seriously scared of all creep crawly things even ladybugs but I would never kill one. I hate killing spiders too since they are good and actually eat other bugs so if Greg can get them out of the house safely that is always my preferred method. But almost everything else is fair game haha. Re Cazale I think he might be one of the only actors whose films were all nominated for best picture.

I am sorry you and your brother are still struggling with this and I wish he would be more open for you to get extra help with your mom for both your sakes. And I am sorry about your mother's move to your sister on indefinite hold at this point. I am still hoping somehow that works out. Sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs and love Junie and we are always here for you.

Jimmianne, I am sorry your DD is ill but she is lucky to have you by her side taking good care of her. Hoping she is all better very soon. 3rd Rock from the Sun was a good show. Enjoy catching up on PS. :bigsmile:

Have a good evening girls!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I have no problem believing you are a kind and gentle soul. You could teach these darn killer rabbits how to be kind. Crazy Wyoming weather? Sounds familiar. Sadly my day was pretty high on the suck-o-meter again. I am just kind of mad at the situation I find myself in right now. I like “non-hearts” to describe my cookies. Tonight my Rx was wine at Olive Garden. I am so glad you are having fun with your UV light. I sure enjoy playing with it. When I was shopping pear diamonds for a pendant I definitely was looking for a florescent diamond. I would love to see some of your “blue” jewelry photos. I love your new years resolution joke. That is perfect. I hope your DD is feeling better.

Missy, woo hoo for your tremendous recovery in 20 months. It seems longer than that to me now but then just like yesterday. I can understand why you didn’t like your dose of Wyoming weather. Glad to hear it moved on. Scarlett’s quote is certainly a good one. My day sadly wasn’t much of an improvement but I had alcohol tonight so that helped. Mmm to high protein waffles. Marty is on a massive workout and eating healthy kick. I need to catch that bug. One of those non heart cookies sound good now. Old movies are awesome! Jack Nicholson is great. IMO the only good spider or miller moth is a dead one. Ladybugs are fine. That is nice Greg puts out the spiders for you. Around here I get the spiders and flies and Marty has to get the miller moths. I HATE those things.

Junebug, OMG to giant spiders. You know I am going to SC in August. Now I’ll be really nervous. I hate to hear your brother continues to be resistant to having some relief and help with your mom. Good luck with your decision. I noticed Marty didn’t turn down the non-heart cookies. That recipe is his favorite at Christmas. Glad to hear your weather warmed up and you are only getting rain instead of snow.

So as I mentioned several times above today wasn’t that great at work again. I am really frustrated - all sorts of new tasks are being handed to my team (starting from now to April 1st) but I am having little to no input in to how we will implement them. My old boss agrees to things without making sure we are ready for them or have the necessary tools. My new boss isn’t familiar enough with our world he doesn’t make good for the team decisions. After it all settles down things will be better because then I can determine how we’ll take care of things but right now it changes from day to day and more things are getting dumped on us. Oh well I owe so it’s off to work I go.

Once again my chef had no plans for dinner so we went to Olive Garden. I had salad, 1 bread stick and pasta with plenty left for 2 lunches.

Have a great evening and Wednesday!

Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia!
You are all so sweet and this is such a nice place to hangout, I'm tempted to do just that if you will have me :)
So perhaps a few words about me so you will know me a little better. I guess I'm the typical Scandinavian girl with two children, one dog, a husband that I love very much, a house in the country, a job in the city, never enough time, love exercising outside, a no-gluten diet (celiac disease, triggered by the operation when I broke my ankle 2 years ago), love Jewelry in general and diamonds in particular (but that is obvious i guess lol)
It is so fun to read all your weather reports. I guess the weather is behaving strangely all over the world this winter. Here, the winter is not a good winter at all - i.e. half the days it is raining instead of snowing, and the temperature will shift from -25C (-13F?) one day to +5C (41F?) the next, quite literally. Not good for skiing at all. Guess not all of you loves skiing as much as I do, lol. You are probably right, must be a defect I'm borne with... Struggling through deep snow (if I stray off track as I do when the dog finds a bird, she is a setter, so she "sets" the bird and you have to go up to her and say "go" to make her go again) and heavy wind with two layers of hats, scarf to pull up over my mouth, liners (gloves of wool) inside my mittens etc. Takes almost 30 min to dress me and the dog, hahaha. And I still love it. Go figure..

Azstonie: Sorry to hear that your dogs have been ill. Mine also had some issues with her stomach last year. The vet recommended a diet of boiled white rice, cod and chicken until she was better. It is amazing how many chicken breasts a dog can eat in a week, the people working in our local grocery store was starting to look at me kind of funny.. lol.

Marcy: Hope for good news from Marty and his interview.

LLJsmom: Thanks for sharing Cartier / Tiffany pictures :)

Missy: So happy to hear that your leg is better!! Read that you hurt your eye also. Such bad luck! Sending good wishes your way for a 10-year-injury-free time period! Also read - whilst trying to catch up a little - that you like hiking but hate camping. So fun :) Me too! I need a nice warm shower and indoor plumbing after a long day outside :bigsmile: Not crawling in to a cold tent and eating a military style version of canned food, if you know what I mean. So I love cabin life :) not too many hotels in the mountains here.

Jimmianne: Nice picture of the safe! So organised! Might I ask what kind of safe it is? I need a new one. Anyone else also, please recommend :)

Hope all of you will have a very nice day! In my head it is almost weekend :)

We are making an extension to our house, so today I'll be looking at alternatives for the front doors. I'll probably end up choosing these, https://www.flickr.com/photos/127093934@N06/14966784396/in/album-72157646282873998/,,, just with a more simple framing and a different colour. Our house is in the country side, quite rural, and it is a requirement for our building permit that we keep the style in line with the original house which was built in 1901. In other words: a log house here we come :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, I am sorry yesterday was another hectic day at work. Glad you had a relaxing dinner that involved alcohol. I know that helped your day and evening get a lot better. So now I am going to have to google Miller Moths as I am not sure what those are. I hate moths too! They ate a hole in one of Greg's gorgeous coats. Darn moths and they seem to be everywhere. :errrr:

Jimmianne, I agree with Marcy. I have no trouble visualizing the kind and gentle person you are with a truly good soul. I hope you DD is feeling much better this morning and that her fever has broken.

Junie, it's Wednesday and I hope your week is getting better. Sending you, your brother, your mom and your sister lots of good thoughts and I hope things will work out. And more (((hugs))) your way.

Kristie, how did the window project go yesterday? I was thinking of you and hoping it went smoothly and that you are pleased with the outcome.

Callie, I hope you enjoyed lunch with your girlfriend yesterday afternoon and that your weather became more mild. We were very mild yesterday but with torrential downpours and watching the news this AM seems as if another coastal storm is on the way for next week. Sigh. I really need to move someplace where the weather is almost always nice and calm. I know it is just a dream and can never be reality for Greg and me but dream I do.

LLJsmom, how was the rest of your Valentine's Day weekend? Do you have plans for Spring break with your kids? How is tax season going? I bet you are looking forward to it being over. I cannot believe the tax deadline is looming already. Feels like we just did that and it was almost a year ago. :o

Scandinavian, yes of course we would love you to join us! Happy to have you here. :wavey:

It makes sense you love skiing. My dh loves skiing too. Me not so much as I already explained. I am a klutz. :oops:
And yes I enjoy hiking but like to return to luxurious surroundings and be pampered. Same for all my outdoor activities. Love doing them and being active but then give me a hot shower, a luxurious robe and a delicious meal and comfie bed and we are good. :bigsmile:

I agree these weather shifts are wreaking havoc on everyone and we have the same crazy temp swings as you are having. It was -1 degrees F and the next day almost 50F. OMG. We are geeky weather people and love talking about it here.

Thank you again for posting more pics of your sweet dog. She is a beauty! Feel free to add any and all pics you want to here. We love seeing everyone's pics. If you feel comfortable sharing how old are your children?

How exciting that you are making an extension to your house. A big beautiful log cabin. Love that. I picture a romantic country house surrounded by beautiful mountains and snow. I love the doors you are considering. A nice sturdy big wood door.

I am sorry you developed Celiac disease after your leg surgery. One of my close friends has that and she has to be super careful whenever we go out to eat but fortunately here most restaurants are very accommodating. I hope it is the same way for you.

Thank you so much for your good wishes. You are a sweetheart and I hope you stay. :halo:

Have a great day girls! (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kitty sighting on deck. Not the best photo (grainy but what can you expect from a security camera) but yay for tough and resilient kitties. I love them!!!
Also adding a rainbow pic from a few weeks ago. Just because.

_2037.jpeg

_2038.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun to get morning greetings from Scandinavia!
I like your rustic doors...also nice & thick to keep the weather out.
I am a total architecture nut and live in my "experiment". Would love to see photos of your antique cabin! What is your add-on?

I woke up from a dream about a single small diamond and the "narrator" was talking about diamonds shedding light on our lives : )
I was reminded....Of COURSE, we are not materialists! I would rather think we are sparkly*spiritual*philosophers with pretty toys : )

"The English word diamond is derived from Late Latin diamas, from Latin adamas, which is of Greek origin meaning "invincible".
...shouldn't that read, "invincible and sparkly?" Just like the dear NIRDIs [a subspecies of Pricescopia Diamas Nuttous].

Off to the big town to watch TV with DD.

Missy, we posted at the same time.
I love seeing one of your little lions looking out on the water. It makes me wonder if they ever go fishing.
Here is a link to a swimming cat who also goes skiing.
http://www.adventurecats.org/cat-tales/norway-cat-skis/

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, thanks for telling us a little bit about you and your life. I live is a modest town in Wyoming and my husband and I share our home with stuffed teddy bears and small killer rabbits because we are both easily amused. The killer rabbits have pointy felt teeth and their prey is the teddy bears. They also like to open my mail and call me names. I guess that makes me the crazy Teddy Bear lady - I guess they are my prozac wrapped up in faux fur. Both of us work, DH works from home or travels. I like to read and love to look at the stars. It sounds quite cold and snowy there but it sounds like you love to ski so that is awesome. I love cabins in the mountains. Everything is so pretty and quiet there. My parents had a cabin in the mountains that was such a wonderful get away for us all. Thanks for the good luck wishes for Marty. I am very anxious and impatient but I don’t want to keep pestering Marty every day - did you hear anything? How exciting to be doing an extension on your home. As Missy says I picture a beautiful snowy mountain background by your romantic log cabin. NIRDI GTG in the mountains of Scandinavia. SWEET!

Missy, yes alcohol helped relax me last night. Tonight it was a piece of chocolate. Darn those moths eating a hole in Greg’s coat. It was probably his favorite one too. Miller moths get in everything, they are dirty and just fly at you from no where. I think they just startle me. This house gets more in them than our old house and with high ceilings I can’t get at them with a fly swatter. It’s my phobia. Yay for kitty sightings. Your pictures are beautiful.

Jimmianne, I love your diamond dream. I especially like your view we are sparkly*spiritual*philosophers with pretty toys. And I love Pricescopia Diamas Nuttous. You certainly brought a smile and chuckle to me tonight. I hope you had fun with your DD today. When do you new treasures arrive from James Allen?

Hi Kristie, LLJsmom, Junebug and Sharon.

We had nice weather today. it was almost 60. The wind is coming back thought and snow is forecast for next week.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results