carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mn_shopaholic|1405646550|3715462 said:
Missy, as someone who has had 5 cats before I would have to agree with Alex T who said "They are like children: one is a MASSIVE life change & upheaval. Two onwards just slot right in" so long as you and your dh are on the same page with regards to adding number 5.

As far as the allergies go, have you thought about adding an air purifier with a HEPA filter if you don't already have one? Something like: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00440EKRG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=11L8N5YX5N5PP&coliid=I3P3RWA8133IK6&psc=1 or http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9PTSFO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=11L8N5YX5N5PP&coliid=I3QG7SQJG3DR56

We've had air purifiers on each level of our home since one of our kitties was diagnosed with a respiratory ailment/allergies - his chest x-rays/lung condition improved after we got the purifiers, so they should help with human allergies too (descriptions for some models say they will filter out pet dander). It wouldn't replace the need to vacuum, but you might be able to go a bit longer between deep cleans.

I don't tend to post much, but I've checked this thread periodically and am sending lots of dust your way for a speedy and full recovery!

Hi mn_shopaholic, thank you so much for your well wishes and dust. And also for your advice.
We do have an air filter with a HEPA filter but darn if we use it lol. I guess just having one here isn't enough as turning it on is probably a prerequisite for it to help haha. I tend to have these great ideas and purchase things and never get around to using them. I am a bit disorganized to say the least. Though I do know where everything is so I am going to check out the one we have and see if it is still good. Thanks for reminding me about that! And also thanks for agreeing with Alex. I tend to feel the same way. I mean is 5 very different than 4? I can see where 5 is very different than 2 but not so far from 4. I certainly don't plan on becoming one of those cat hoarders but I don't think 5 is so extreme.

And I just remembered the Roomba. In another thread I think Circe praised the Roomba. Maybe that would help with all the cat hair too since I cannot vacuum every day for now?

Thank you so much for taking the time to post to me. I really appreciate your good thoughts and wishes.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, You are too sweet!!! I so wish I lived close to you. I 'd come over and vacuum for you. What a great story about Francesca! So it seems Greg has been down thus road before. He already realizes this new little one will pull at his heart strings I really think Greg is a little overwhelmed right now. I'm sure he's been very worried about you. A LOT has happened in a very short period of time. Let him sleep on it and see what he says tomorrow. I'd tell him that another cat really wont make a difference. Can you tell I'm on your side ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1405648264|3715482 said:
Missy, You are too sweet!!! I so wish I lived close to you. I 'd come over and vacuum for you. What a great story about Francesca! So it seems Greg has been down thus road before. He already realizes this new little one will pull at his heart strings I really think Greg is a little overwhelmed right now. I'm sure he's been very worried about you. A LOT has happened in a very short period of time. Let him sleep on it and see what he says tomorrow. I'd tell him that another cat really wont make a difference. Can you tell I'm on your side ;-)

Aww thank you Callie. You are too sweet yourself (If we lived close by we might give people toothaches when we were hanging out LOL) and big hugs to you for even offering you would come over and vacuum if you lived nearby. I would never let you but just you offering makes me and my leg feel much better.

I will keep you posted but I am doubtful it is going to end up with us getting another addition to our family. But we'll see. If it's meant to be...
(though you have to admit the cat had a broken leg and I had a broken leg all around the same time and we both need extra loving and snuggles...)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You last sentence has me laughing. You may want to tell Greg this right before he falls asleep tonight! I really hopes he gives in on this one!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy -

I read up thread that you're still worried about taking painkillers and side effects based on what I'd gone through. I just wanted to assure you not to worry. If you were going to have the side effects I did, you'd have experienced them by now. The problems with my breathing started within 24 hours and everything else within 3 days and on lower doses. So take what you need to manage the pain. The way I look at it is we were both lucky. I was lucky I didn't need the oxycodone because I couldn't tolerate it. You're lucky you can tolerate it because you need it.

And I know you and Greg will make the right decision on the 5th cat, but if it were me, I'd do everything I could to simplify life right now. You're both going through a lot and adding more to your plates is just not a good idea. Unless Greg is enthusiastically on board, you should say no because most of the additional work (and there will be some) will fall to him, and he's got enough to do already. I think in your heart of hearts you already know this. The orange cat will find a good home even if it isn't yours.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ever so for the lovely Birthday wishes!! Forty isn't so bad after all - I am in a good place in my life right now, enjoying watching my babies learn & laugh until they can't take breath. They are hysterical & lovely little creatures!

How are you getting on? I have gone from not being on here much to reading your thread every time there is an update! Are things getting any easier pain wise?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1405648924|3715497 said:
You last sentence has me laughing. You may want to tell Greg this right before he falls asleep tonight! I really hopes he gives in on this one!

LOL. Thanks Callie. Laughing is my best defense against feeling sorry for myself or sad about my current situation. I am thankful my sense of humor is intact corny as it may be at times. :oops:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainwood|1405669639|3715670 said:
Missy -

I read up thread that you're still worried about taking painkillers and side effects based on what I'd gone through. I just wanted to assure you not to worry. If you were going to have the side effects I did, you'd have experienced them by now. The problems with my breathing started within 24 hours and everything else within 3 days and on lower doses. So take what you need to manage the pain. The way I look at it is we were both lucky. I was lucky I didn't need the oxycodone because I couldn't tolerate it. You're lucky you can tolerate it because you need it.

And I know you and Greg will make the right decision on the 5th cat, but if it were me, I'd do everything I could to simplify life right now. You're both going through a lot and adding more to your plates is just not a good idea. Unless Greg is enthusiastically on board, you should say no because most of the additional work (and there will be some) will fall to him, and he's got enough to do already. I think in your heart of hearts you already know this. The orange cat will find a good home even if it isn't yours.

Thank you rainwood. In my heart of hearts I know you are right. I guess I can be good at pushing down certain feelings and thoughts when I want to and I was pushing that fact down deep so I didn't have to acknowledge this isn't really the time to have a sweet furbaby addition to our family. :cry:

We just woke up and Greg is making coffee and neither of us has said anything about it yet but you are so on point. I sometimes have trouble listening to my head when my heart gets in the way. I am not going to pursue this as badly as I want to adopt Barney (I already named him in my head). :((

As long as he finds a good home I know that's the right thing to do. But all bets are off if no one adopts him within a month or so though I know with his personality he will find a (good I hope) home. Thank you for your clarity and truthfulness despite what I wanted to hear. I needed to hear what you wrote.

And thank you about the pain med info. I guess I was hoping be (3 weeks today I broke my leg) I would be able to be free of taking them by know. A small part of me feel like perhaps something is wrong if I am still in enough pain to take them though the pain is much less than the first week before I had the surgery. I am hoping it is a healing pain. Thank you for coming back and setting me straight. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1405675220|3715688 said:
Thanks ever so for the lovely Birthday wishes!! Forty isn't so bad after all - I am in a good place in my life right now, enjoying watching my babies learn & laugh until they can't take breath. They are hysterical & lovely little creatures!

How are you getting on? I have gone from not being on here much to reading your thread every time there is an update! Are things getting any easier pain wise?

Oh I am so happy for you Alex. I don't have children but I catch glimpses of that with my nieces. They are so precious and full of life and it really allows you to see there is something so much bigger and more important than anything else in your life. I agree 40 was a good decade (for the most part for me...this latter part is lacking a bit lol). Enjoy your little ones and your lovely life!!! And please don't forget we need to see the bling. ;))

I am doing OK. I have some good hours and bad hours all due to if my pain is tolerable or not. That varies. When I take more than 5 mg of the oxycodone I feel nauseous so I am keeping it at 5 mg at a time with Tylenol. And there are chunks of the day some days I don't need it at all and those are good hours. At night for some reason the pain gets very bad and I don't understand that as I am just sitting around all day with my leg raised.

Speaking of little ones my nieces were visiting again yesterday (after they spent the morning at the botanical gardens which is just a few blocks from me) and they were very excited because grandma and grandpa just bought them a venus fly trap. So fun. And of course they had to take the walkers (my parents brought another walker with them for me when they came with the girls) out for a spin around my apartment lol. Just wanted to share how happy they always seem to be. And the younger one has a good sense of humor. As they were leaving she kissed her hand and then touched it to my face and said she doesn't want to catch my broken leg. LOLOL. She was just joking but at 6 I think that is pretty good. :cheeky:

Thank you for checking in on me. (((Hugs))).

keepingauntmissylaughingjune172014.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your neices are beautiful! And bless the little one kissing her hand so that she doesn't catch your broken leg - that is hysterical!!

I wonder if the pain at night is a touch of restless legs, broken style? I suffer with restless legs because of all my running, but it can be quite painful & seems to strike more on a non-running day? Bizarre, I know, but it can be horribly uncomfy. I find when I add salt to my food (which I never like to do, but suffer from horribly low blood pressure due to my Von Willibrands Disease so sometimes its necessary to lift it a bit) that it helps lessen the aches at night. Completely irrelevant, but maybe worth a try? Xx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1405717182|3716120 said:
Your neices are beautiful! And bless the little one kissing her hand so that she doesn't catch your broken leg - that is hysterical!!

I wonder if the pain at night is a touch of restless legs, broken style? I suffer with restless legs because of all my running, but it can be quite painful & seems to strike more on a non-running day? Bizarre, I know, but it can be horribly uncomfy. I find when I add salt to my food (which I never like to do, but suffer from horribly low blood pressure due to my Von Willibrands Disease so sometimes its necessary to lift it a bit) that it helps lessen the aches at night. Completely irrelevant, but maybe worth a try? Xx

Interesting Alex and thank you for that insight. Perhaps. I have barely ever missed a day of working out since I was 17 y.o. before this accident and this is quite a long stretch of physical inactivity I have ahead of me. So I better figure it out and figure out what I can do to alleviate it.

Both knees are killing me the last 2 days. They are achey and my dh thinks it is because of arthritis and hurting because I am not using them. So not sure what I can do at this point. I am seeing my surgeon on July 24th and perhaps he will have some advice though he wasn't very helpful the last time I had a problem. He knows his precise area-bones of the leg but I think anytime there is a related issue that is not in that narrow box of his expertise I am on my own lol.

My sister in law has Von Willibrands Disease too. Hope yours is a very mild form and that you are doing as well as she is... Enjoy your running and do some extra laps for me... :cheeky: (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister just sent me a pic of the orange kitty that is looking for a loving home. I have decided to take the sage advice of rainwood and not pursue this further though I love the idea of fostering to see if he would get along well with out other kitties. But I know rainwood is right and we don't need anything else on our very full plate at the moment. Here's the pic my sis just sent me. (The rescue group named him Kato).

kittythatneedslovinghome.png

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy--popping in to say: continued good wishes for your health/healing/recovery. You got this. I knew you did! :clap:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your nieces are adorable, love the summertime smocked dresses, so pretty!

Kato, I wish I could take him. I love me some orange kitty! (My two Westies would never tolerate.) But what a great photo montage, I am certain a really wonderful home is going to appear for Kato and that the rescue group will have many to chose from.

How's the leg feeling?

Have no fear, you'll be back to your usual self. I'm 2 years out and I still see progress in the bend-i-ness of the leg.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, How you' are feeling today? It seems like you have made a decision regarding Kato. Looking at the picture card it's a pretty safe bet he will not be without a family for long. Who could resist that sweet face.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy. Your nieces are so cute and how fun they like to do laps with your walker. I am sure spending time with them made your day. I hope you doctor gives you some ideas of things you can do to lesson stiffness and pain in your knees. I know while your bones are healing other things will protest from inactivity. I hope you get better and stronger each day and your pain starts to subside. I am still stuck on the last level of Angry Birds. I was working on it tonight.

Sleep well and have a nice day tomorrow.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1405792475|3716641 said:
Missy--popping in to say: continued good wishes for your health/healing/recovery. You got this. I knew you did! :clap:

Thanks so much Monnie. I wish I was as confident as you that I have this under control LOL. There are some moments where, well, if you were here with me you might not think so. Let's just say tears of frustration and worry sometimes get the better of me. But your words of encouragement and support very much help my outlook and I hope I can rise to the occasion and not let everyone (and myself of course) down.

azstonie said:
Your nieces are adorable, love the summertime smocked dresses, so pretty!

Kato, I wish I could take him. I love me some orange kitty! (My two Westies would never tolerate.) But what a great photo montage, I am certain a really wonderful home is going to appear for Kato and that the rescue group will have many to chose from.

How's the leg feeling?

Have no fear, you'll be back to your usual self. I'm 2 years out and I still see progress in the bend-i-ness of the leg.

Hey azstonie, that's good to know. My surgeon did tell me at the initial consult that I would know I had an accident even 2 years out plus so what you are experiencing rings true with his words.

My leg is cramping up a bit (both of them but the left one much more) and I know that is partly from not using them and partly from keeping it raised. I try to shift positions (for both my pressure sore and also the fact that I am uncomfortable in general) but it is not easy. Sleeping is still a challenge and I don't know if I will be able to sleep on my side anytime within the near future or will I be forced to remain on my back during this enforced rest period...were you able to sleep on your side while your broken leg was healing or were you on your back the whole time?

My parents and my sister's family both have dogs and cats and they get along great. Too bad your Westies don't love kitties. I would love to get 2 dogs and I have spoken about it countless times with my dh over the last decade or so and we were thinking about it in the future (retirement perhaps) but I was more on board with that idea than he was and now is not a good time lol. And another reason is that our dear kitties don't care for sweet doggies but I think that is because they were not raised with them because I know a lot of dog and cat households where everyone gets along amazingly.

Calliecake said:
Hi Missy, How you' are feeling today? It seems like you have made a decision regarding Kato. Looking at the picture card it's a pretty safe bet he will not be without a family for long. Who could resist that sweet face.

Hi Callie, I so want to adopt him. The fact that he is recuperating from a broken leg and had his surgery the day after I had mine makes me feel connected to him. If he gets a great home I won't feel badly about the decision but if he doesn't find a loving home I am reconsidering. My dh would do it if I pushed for this but as rainwood wisely pointed out if he is not enthusiastically on board that would just add to both our stress levels. I really hope Kato (aka Barney) gets a wonderful home so my conscience is eased and I am at peace with this decision.

marcy said:
Hi Missy. Your nieces are so cute and how fun they like to do laps with your walker. I am sure spending time with them made your day. I hope you doctor gives you some ideas of things you can do to lesson stiffness and pain in your knees. I know while your bones are healing other things will protest from inactivity. I hope you get better and stronger each day and your pain starts to subside. I am still stuck on the last level of Angry Birds. I was working on it tonight.

Marcy

Thank you Marcy. My nieces add a joie de vivre to my day that I very much welcome. I would love to see them more often but we don't live close to each other sadly so I am lucky to see them once a week.

I tried Angry Birds yesterday. OMG it is a somewhat violent game (or is that just my weakened state of mind talking) lol. There is something satisfying about it but OTOH something disturbing too. I love the sounds they all make especially when the birds go weeeee as they are flying through the air haha. There are so many different Angry Bird online games. Do you have favorites you could recommend?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to snap this pic of our sweet furbaby Tommycat...he is precious and out of all the kitties seems to understand I am in a weakened physical state as he is hovering by me way more often since my accident. Doesn't he look oh so comfy in my favorite purple blanket lol.

tommyjustwakingupjuly202014.jpg

fullyawakenowthankstotheflash.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That cat is gorgeous! Such a friendly little face!

My Von Wilibrands is type 1 & can be severe. It has only ever really affected me seriously when I had the girls, as they were both emergency sections. I was conscious with the first delivery & my body managed to get a grip after about an hour of bleeding. The second was more serious, a 4 hour surgery during which my body struggled to get a grip, struggled to stop bleeding & my already low blood pressure was beyond dangerous, so my heart was struggling too. It was a very slow recovery with daily injections of ferritin & an exhausted mummy with 2 babies to deal with. Everyone really helped out though - they were brilliant. I have a fear of surgery as a result though, which was another reason I sought hypnotherapy, which I talked about in another thread. All is well that ends well, though. How is your sister in law with hers? Its not very common in the UK & I have been part of a very extensive case study for 13 years to help the understanding etc.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I understand that you really need to do what is best for both you and Greg. That being said, I also understand why you want to adopt him so badly. I would feel like I had a special connection with aka Barney if I were you. I hope you are feeling well today!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1405864791|3717017 said:
That cat is gorgeous! Such a friendly little face!

My Von Wilibrands is type 1 & can be severe. It has only ever really affected me seriously when I had the girls, as they were both emergency sections. I was conscious with the first delivery & my body managed to get a grip after about an hour of bleeding. The second was more serious, a 4 hour surgery during which my body struggled to get a grip, struggled to stop bleeding & my already low blood pressure was beyond dangerous, so my heart was struggling too. It was a very slow recovery with daily injections of ferritin & an exhausted mummy with 2 babies to deal with. Everyone really helped out though - they were brilliant. I have a fear of surgery as a result though, which was another reason I sought hypnotherapy, which I talked about in another thread. All is well that ends well, though. How is your sister in law with hers? Its not very common in the UK & I have been part of a very extensive case study for 13 years to help the understanding etc.

Alex, I am so sorry you went through such traumatic experiences and I am relieved the doctors were able to get it under control. So scary and so glad it all turned out well! I think my SIL has type I (here that is classified as the mildest type I believe) Von Willebrand disease and that is not as uncommon here as the more severe types but I am not sure how that compares to the epidemiology in the UK. It is interesting that you are part of that case study and I hope they are making positive strides in treating and preventing future cases.

Calliecake said:
Hi Missy, I understand that you really need to do what is best for both you and Greg. That being said, I also understand why you want to adopt him so badly. I would feel like I had a special connection with aka Barney if I were you. I hope you are feeling well today!

Thanks Callie. I'm still hanging in there. I slept OK only waking up a few times and successfully falling back to sleep till 5AM which is actually good given my track (haha I wish) record since I broke my leg.

Yesterday was a good and bad day. Good because my dh and I spent much of the time together playing various board games so I was somewhat distracted from my pain. We played Chinese Checkers (first time ever), monopoly and a few different card games. He is enjoying these games more thankfully and it is a good distraction. Bad because the pain is not abating but I am (trying to be) patient. Weekends are much better than weekdays because my dh is home keeping me company but I just have to get through the next few days because Thursday I am seeing my surgeon and I am praying that my leg is healing and that I will receive good news. I can take the pain if it is from healing and that is so what I am hoping it is.

I have had a bit of a complication starting yesterday and not sure what to do. Since I am still experiencing shooting pains in my leg and ankle and foot I am taking the oxycodone (but sparingly) and now I think the oxycodone is exacerbating my esophageal irritation. I am scared of bringing on another esophagitis but Tylenol (which doesn't exacerbate esophageal irritation) doesn't take the edge off the pain so not sure what to do. I am just going to see what today brings. I took 1000 mg Tylenol when I woke up this morning and going to see if I can tough out the shooting pain as the esophagitis is a whole other awful beast and I sincerely do not want to be dealing with that ever again and especially not while I am dealing with my current situation.

Thanks for listening and I am sorry for my long winded post. I appreciate your encouragement and support.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, please don't ever apologize for saying how you feel. I really admire how you have handled all this. It would be tough for anyone to handle. I know you say you have your moments where everything really gets to you. You wouldn't be human if it didn't get to you at times, so please don't apologize.

I would definitely call the doctor and explain how the pain killer is affecting your other condition. They may have an alternate medicine that would be easier for you to take. I'm no doctor, but I don't think Tylenol will do anything for the type of pain you are having. I know the last you need right now is to have your other condition getting worse and being in pain isn't good for your mental state either. It is so easy to get depressed when you are In pain all the time. I so wish you could just fast forward a few weeks to get past this phase. At least until your pain has subsided.

Are you able to of back to sleep fairly easy when you wake up during the night? You are used to getting a lot of exercise during the day and to go from being very active to this is really going to make it difficult to get sleep. Your body just is not tired like it would be normally. After any other operation the doctor would tell you to start walking so you get a little tired. Unfortunately you can't do this. I'd ask your doctor if there is anything you can do or if maybe you could take something to help you get some sleep. I'm sure you feel like you'd feel so much better if you could just get a good night sleep. Sleep makes everything else your going thru so much easier to deal with.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Missy!

I've just seen this thread and read through much of it and just wanted to send you buckets of healing dust and HUGS!!!

You seem like the kindest, dearest soul and I'm so sorry you're going through this!

I don't have any great advice to add (knock wood, I've never broken anything) - thankfully you've been giving such loving support already. But I wanted to send you my best & I wish you a speedy recovery! I'll be thinking of you... :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1405959383|3717646 said:
Hi Missy, please don't ever apologize for saying how you feel. I really admire how you have handled all this. It would be tough for anyone to handle. I know you say you have your moments where everything really gets to you. You wouldn't be human if it didn't get to you at times, so please don't apologize.

I would definitely call the doctor and explain how the pain killer is affecting your other condition. They may have an alternate medicine that would be easier for you to take. I'm no doctor, but I don't think Tylenol will do anything for the type of pain you are having. I know the last you need right now is to have your other condition getting worse and being in pain isn't good for your mental state either. It is so easy to get depressed when you are In pain all the time. I so wish you could just fast forward a few weeks to get past this phase. At least until your pain has subsided.

Are you able to of back to sleep fairly easy when you wake up during the night? You are used to getting a lot of exercise during the day and to go from being very active to this is really going to make it difficult to get sleep. Your body just is not tired like it would be normally. After any other operation the doctor would tell you to start walking so you get a little tired. Unfortunately you can't do this. I'd ask your doctor if there is anything you can do or if maybe you could take something to help you get some sleep. I'm sure you feel like you'd feel so much better if you could just get a good night sleep. Sleep makes everything else your going thru so much easier to deal with.

Thanks Callie. You are right in that not moving all day long is challenging for me yet by bedtime I am exhausted and have no trouble falling asleep. That surprised me too. I guess a lot of energy goes into the healing process not to mention the emotional toll this takes that affects me physically too.

However staying asleep is the difficulty because
1.my leg is uncomfortable for the most part and I also have to sleep with it raised (on a wedge pillow and a regular pillow on top of the wedge) and
2.my back is also uncomfortable because of the way I have to sleep and
3.the pressure sore on my backside is making it difficult also (LOL just writing this makes me realize how crazy this seems :rolleyes: ) as I am sleeping on top of a special cushion that is supposed to help.

You get the picture so honestly I am happy I am getting any sleep and sure it would be amazing to get 7 or 8 hours but I am doing the best I can right now and probably averaging around 2 and a half hour blocks of sleep twice during the night for an average of 5 hours. Of course my goal is for better quality and quantity as soon as I am able and I am hoping I will be able to sleep on my side after my leg starts healing more...not sure if that is a possibility as I don't know anyone who ever went through this type of injury.

I am planning (hoping) to start lifting free weights with my upper body and will ask my surgeon when I see him if that is OK. And I will definitely ask him (when I see him Thursday) if there is a pain patch or even pain med injection I can take to bypass my esophagus. Not that I want to start another injection as the anti-thrombolytic injection that is injected in my abdomen every morning hurts but if there is another option besides pills due to my esophageal irritation I will gladly take it.

Thank you so much for really understanding and being so supportive. I know we really don't know each other but I feel like I do from your warm, encouraging and helpful posts and you really do help me. I want you to know that and also how much I appreciate you taking the time and energy to write here to me. Thank you Callie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexah|1405963984|3717678 said:
Hi Missy!

I've just seen this thread and read through much of it and just wanted to send you buckets of healing dust and HUGS!!!

You seem like the kindest, dearest soul and I'm so sorry you're going through this!

I don't have any great advice to add (knock wood, I've never broken anything) - thankfully you've been giving such loving support already. But I wanted to send you my best & I wish you a speedy recovery! I'll be thinking of you... :halo:

Awww that is so kind of you to say Alexah. Thank you. I appreciate your good wishes and hugs. Big (((HUGS))) back to you.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words Missy. You know I feel the same way about you. I just wish you were feeling better. I spent 3 hours working in my yard yesterday. Sometimes being active isn't all it's cracked up to be :angel: You know I'm teasing! I so love how everything looks when I'm finished though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1405977253|3717845 said:
Thank you for your kind words Missy. You know I feel the same way about you. I just wish you were feeling better. I spent 3 hours working in my yard yesterday. Sometimes being active isn't all it's cracked up to be :angel: You know I'm teasing! I so love how everything looks when I'm finished though.

Thank you Callie and please feel free to post pics and share your outdoor activities with me! It makes me happy to hear you are accomplishing physical tasks and enjoying the outdoors! I am living vicariously through others for at least the next few months and I would love to hear all about anything and everything. It takes me away from my problems for a bit and that's all good. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy said:

Marcy

Thank you Marcy. My nieces add a joie de vivre to my day that I very much welcome. I would love to see them more often but we don't live close to each other sadly so I am lucky to see them once a week.

I tried Angry Birds yesterday. OMG it is a somewhat violent game (or is that just my weakened state of mind talking) lol. There is something satisfying about it but OTOH something disturbing too. I love the sounds they all make especially when the birds go weeeee as they are flying through the air haha. There are so many different Angry Bird online games. Do you have favorites you could recommend?[/quote]

Hi Missy, my nieces are grown up and working now and live very far away. I still have many wonderful memories of them when they were the same age as your nieces. I am glad you get to see them at least once a week.

Angry Birds is disturbing but the sounds really make me laugh. That is probably why I find it so amusing. I play Angry Birds HD and Angry Bird Seasons. My husband plays the other ones like Space but I didn't like them as well. I played Tiny Wings HD but I was awful at it. I at least finally finished a book last night that I started in January.

Have you been sleeping okay? Is your doctor's appointment this week?

Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy: I had to sleep on my back the full 90 days. I won't detail how much I hated that BUT that is why I had Ativan or Xanax.

Can you try the Wobenzym yet? I'm trying to remember your anticoagulant situation.

're pressure sore: find a spot in your house where 2 walls meet, forming an 'L'

Stand leaning in the L for 5 minute every half hour to give relief to the sore and your circulation a change. Use your walker in front of y o u for stability.

I was in the worst shape of my life when I fell, and I have great function, no pain. You're younger than I was and in good shape, you'll exceed my recovery.

Do you have a recliner to try sleeping on? The power ones are pretty good and will help you shift positions subtly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1405990389|3717960 said:
marcy said:

Marcy

I tried Angry Birds yesterday. OMG it is a somewhat violent game (or is that just my weakened state of mind talking) lol. There is something satisfying about it but OTOH something disturbing too. I love the sounds they all make especially when the birds go weeeee as they are flying through the air haha. There are so many different Angry Bird online games. Do you have favorites you could recommend?

Hi Missy, my nieces are grown up and working now and live very far away. I still have many wonderful memories of them when they were the same age as your nieces. I am glad you get to see them at least once a week.

Angry Birds is disturbing but the sounds really make me laugh. That is probably why I find it so amusing. I play Angry Birds HD and Angry Bird Seasons. My husband plays the other ones like Space but I didn't like them as well. I played Tiny Wings HD but I was awful at it. I at least finally finished a book last night that I started in January.

Have you been sleeping okay? Is your doctor's appointment this week?

Marcy

Yes, the sounds those angry angry birds make is hysterical and is probably what is drawing me back haha. Not to mention I am terrible at the game and I never could resist a challenge lol. Thanks for those specific recommendations.

Sleep continues to be difficult as I cannot get comfortable sleeping on my back and then there's my leg that is causing me much discomfort. And the pressure sore on my back is not helping me get comfortable but I am getting around 2 to 2 and a half hour blocks of sleep twice a night so at least I am getting some sleep. It is my dh I am worried about as he gets up around the same time I wake up in the morning which is now around 4:30 AM. I am hoping it will improve as my healing continues and my leg improves. Fingers crossed!

My doctor's appointment is this Thursday July 24th at 8AM. I cannot believe it's July 24th already. Thanks Marcy and I hope all is well with you and your family. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results