carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1430417769|3870174 said:
Sharon, I leave the chainsawing to braver yard warriors - what are you going to do with yours?

HI:

Gotcha. While I leave the tree trimming in our yard to the professionals, I am unable to keep the multitude of "suckers" at bay. My smaller hand saw in not sufficient (and I tire easily) and weed trimmer is simply not powerful enough. I need a small chain saw and I think the one I posted will do the trick.

FWIW, I have no idea why I am addicted to looking at power tools---but I AM! :rolleyes:

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1430410491|3870110 said:
Hey LLJsmom, I'm so happy you are doing well. I have missed you!!! Completely understand how difficult it is with your husband traveling a lot. I know it has to be hard in you. Have I told you I have missed it?

Sorry for the long post girls and the public service announcement about dogs.

Hi Callie, thank you. I miss u too. I think of you often. I wonder about how your niece is doing. I've missed a lot. Are wedding plans still moving forward? Did she choose a ring? I no longer have a pet but your advice on getting your pets vaccinated is good.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJs! Glad you're doing well and working towards your goals (NYC and Boston marathons). Way to go!! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I wake up about 5:30 to 6 every day. It’s funny how our internal clocks work that way. I bet it does get chilly on the bike when you are getting a breeze off the ocean. I can remember how chilly it was by the ocean when we were at Pebble Beach. AC is awesome! I have not tried any allergy meds.

Jimmianne, beautiful rainbow picture. How exciting to start picking up things for your trip to France.

LLJsmom, congratulations for being accepted in to the marathon in NYC. I am so excited for you. Platinum studs sound very nice. It’s good to hear from you.

Callie, how was shopping? Did your niece find a dress? It was pretty nice here again today. We had a rain storm go through but only dropped the temperature and kicked up the wind.

Sharon, that looks like a cool chainsaw.

Kristie, we are going to a cribbage tournament this weekend. We are going to try and find some Freakshow to take. We may actually end up having it at our house because we have more room.

Marty played golf this afternoon. I met him for a drink after work then we went out for supper. I am glad tomorrow is Friday!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy May 1st!!!

Jimmianne, cool picture. Perspective does change everything so IRL it looks much larger I agree. I love rainbows and the picture you took is very pretty. Thank you for sharing it.

LLJsmom,Hi there. As you know we have missed you and glad you had a minute to say hello.

I'm very happy for you that everything is going so well even though your dh is away traveling for business much of the time.

I hope you qualify for the Boston Marathon. That would be amazing in conjunction with the NY Marathon and quite the achievement. :appl:

And yes I have been at the place where I don't have the energy or desire for big projects so I hear you on that.

And I hope you get some much needed rain. Anything that will help end the terrible drought you are experiencing.

Callie, me too! How could they kill our Derek? I fell asleep last night watching the finale so will try staying awake tonight to finish it lol.

How did shopping go yesterday? Did the baby behave?

Kristie, what are your weekend plans?

Ovi, any new thoughts about pink Sapphie?

Junebug, how about you and the bling. I vote both if you love both. Sometimes you don't have to spend a fortune to get something beautiful and this way you get 2 beautiful new bling pieces to enjoy.

Sharon, that's a nice looking chainsaw. Play nice if you get it. I bet your neighbors won't be burning trees on your property anytime soon. :cheeky:
You are in good company with your addiction to power tools. My dh loves them too. :bigsmile:

Sarah, hey there. How are your sweet furbabies doing and do you have anything planned for the weekend?

Marcy, they have the allergy med you can dissolve under your tongue so very easy to take should you decide you want to ease your symptoms.

Have fun at the cribbage tournament this weekend. I've never played and it sounds like fun especially if you find some Freakshow to take. Yay today is Friday!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

Ooh, I am dead tired. I had salsa last night and my partner is catastrophic, not sure how this will work out. A man should not have to be led by me. He is truly tragic as far as lack of talent and really not good for me because I am a beginner too and I need someone that can keep me on track, help me by being led well and keep the rythm. What I hate the most is that he looks at me like he wants to eat me the whole time. I am totally sick of it. The one hour lesson yesterday went, well, as you can imagine not so well. First of all, we did not even have one of the steps down, secondly even when I try and the partner leads me the wrong way it is not easy. I kept trying to teach him to count the beat in his head and so on. Ok, off my soap box now. :rodent:

That said it is the most relaxing tension releasing experience to do this. Because I have to focus a lot and I am exercising, it takes my mind off of everything else and I feel tired in a really good way afterwards. I think I like this. I will try one more private lesson with this guy next week and then we shall see. I would hate to have to stop now.

After the one hour beginner's class there was a beginner-intermediate class and someone who is actually really good danced half an hour with me. He is not a beginner and moves really well, leads really well and helped me a lot. The ideal case for everyone would be to have an experienced and good partner. I am just glad that I let the guys lead me now.

Then we also went to a concert so no wonder I am dead tired. It was totally ad-hoc. I got home and could not go to sleep so I listened to music for a couple of hours and then tried to fall asleep, after which I slept ten hours, wow, I have not had this in ages!

Today I am meeting a goldsmith gemologist girl from town that my attorney is introducing me to. Now we really have some plans. My goldsmith's son in law is interested in joining for a couple of days a week and this girl's father would be interested in investing and he is in real estate so he could really help us with the store as far as working on double glass and so on. I am curious , I do not want to say I am excited because I cannot believe that this may be happening yet.

For now yes I am keeping Pink Sapphie but long-term who knows? You know I have my favorite necklace with my favorite stone andmaybe the matching earrings and perhaps the halo studs but the only thing I am really adamant about keeping is Sunstorm in the necklace. The rest we shall see because if I open a store too I have to be open to selling. Of course I would be bringing in stock from my goldsmith too.

Pink Sapphie is really very feminine, hard not to fall in love with. Lately, it has been hard for me to get excited about things but I do love her.

Hi Sharon, LLJsmom, Sarah and Missy! How is it going for your girls? How has work been Missy? Hi Callie too, nice to see you.

LLJsmom, even though I have never had that I do not want to have any big projects and cannot imagine it, I am a special case of course being in this field. This is my passion. Besides that we all go through phases I believe. This is perfectly normal to concentrate on other things and be happy with what you got. I tend to be the same way with many things, like perfumes. At one point in my life three years or so ago I accumulated them in the hundreds through my friends and Basenotes and then for the last two or so years I have been giving a lot away and probably have enough to last me through my life but I still go out and get something once or twice a year but not more often than that. I too have had breaks from things. It is normal. Even though I love bling projects I am satisfied with my own personal bling, of course I could always have something else but I do not have the urge. I am holding myself back. Next will be a ring project for me I think but I can wait. Great to hear from you!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:!: :!: :!:
OV
I think there is a virus on Facebook.
I got am email saying you had tagged me for a video and when I clicked on it, a facebook post with the video went out to everyone on my list.
Then when I tried to get to PS to tell you I kept getting ads instead.

Not your fault of course!!! but thought I should post here to let you know.
or maybe you did send me a video and the problem originated elsewhere.
Anyway, I turned off my computer and now everything is working again.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jimmianne you are right, there is a virus circulating on FB, the same thing happened to me, I got a video from you and from many other people and tried to stop this whole thing and also wrote you messages on FB which you obviously did not get! Everyone beware! Now I have to leave and really worried that it is spreading further and concerned about my business site too! Good that we alerted everyone here. I tried removing it all from my FB but I have no clue whether I succeded. So sorry and of course no one should be sorry as I got it from you many times and from many of my other FB friends as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I got your message too late but so far everything seems to be working OK. Darn internet viruses. :nono:

Don't worry OV or Jimmianne, it's the nature of the internet. The good with the bad. Fortunately it's way more good than bad. Just like our Puff boy. :devil: :halo:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems benign. Facebook won't let me post either, so maybe they are trying to contain it

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1430488211|3870497 said:
It seems benign. Facebook won't let me post either, so maybe they are trying to contain it

I've been posting there without any issues this morning. Not on my page but a group that I belong to and we have all been posting without any incident despite me clicking onto that link. Hmm will keep you posted.

Don't worry Jimmianne! Though I have to add that Puff emailed me this morning asking if he can come visit me when you visit France and I said of course as long as you were OK with it. We would send him first class of course. :bigsmile:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puff will be on the next plane. Wait a second...he can fly there!

I had to change my password on facebook and then here on PS. That worked. Otherwise I could not even read posts with so many ads and video ads covering the pages. It makes me mad! I mean angry AND crazy LOL.

OV at least the one I got from you just said "private"...the one I sent out apparently says "sexy" ??
OMG come to think of it no one I know would think I sent that LOL

Missy, I'm glad you escaped the shame of [supposedly] sending risque videos to all you friends :(

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there NIRDI's! I've fallen behind but I'll do my best to catch up!

Missy, I'm with you on AC, we've already turned it on in our house too lol. Both my husband and I seem to sleep better with it on.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order the DBL ring today - I've been hesitating a bit because the stone has an inclusion that I'm not sure about. Clarity isn't a top priority for me, my OEC is an EGL SI2. I don't mind lower clarity as long as I can't see anything lol. The only way I'll know for sure is to see it in person. My plan is to get the spinel too, and eventually get it set in a halo - right now I'm thinking DK. His work looks good and from what I understand his prices are reasonable.

No special plans for Mother's Day, I'm just going to my mothers and spending the day and night there. but I do have something fun planned for Friday and Saturday - dh has always wanted a house on the beach and he found one for sale so we are taking a quick trip to SC to look at it. I go back and forth between being excited and not wanting to do it lol- it's a bit larger than what we have now, and a big part of me thinks we really don't need the extra space. But it's a very short walk to the beach, and it has a pool. My husband seems really excited so we'll see what happens. Nothing definite by any means though, just taking a look. It will be a very quick trip -, but that's ok, It'll be nice to get away for even a short time and spend some time with dh.

Jimmianne, I'm sorry the appraiser was so ungracious about Joy, does she/he work for the jewelry store? I think some people who work in B&M's just have a prejudice against internet purchasing and are dismissive of it because it takes some of their business away. The comments were completely unnecessary, and not true to boot. I can't understand for the life of me why someone would insult a potential customer. If that appraiser couldn't bring herself to be polite, she should have just kept quiet. :roll: Luckily you can rest assured that Joy is a gorgeous diamond!

LLJsmom, thanks for popping in with an update, so great to hear from you! I'm glad things are going well for you and that you're enjoying spending time with your kids. Congratulations on getting into the NYC marathon, I'm so happy for you! And good luck with the Boston marathon, I really hope things work out.

Ovi, oh my gosh, the weather you were caught in sounds awful! I'm sorry you had to go through that, it must have been pretty frightening. So sweet that a child tried to help you out!

And I am so sorry to hear your salsa partner is so lousy! ;( How frustrating, a bad dancer and he's also creepy. Any possible way you can get another partner? It's just a shame that you've started something you're excited about, and your partner ends up being so disappointing.

I'm excited about your potential business plans, it would be so great to get an investor - I'll be hoping and praying this all works out for you. :pray:

Your sapphire pendant sounds beautiful - Pink is one of my favorite colors :love:

Sharon, glad you've found something that will get the job done, just be careful!

Calliecake, I think you made the right call on not going to the wedding, it's just not worth the risk. And yes, I love pears as well for the very reason you stated, you don't see them often - I really like the idea of getting a different shape.

Thank you for asking about my mother! She's doing ok, luckily no major health issues, thank goodness. We're plugging along well enough. My kids are doing well for the most part, although my son just graduated from college this December and seems very confused about what type of work he wants to do, so that's been causing me some anxiety lately. My kids are basically both good people and I'm proud of them for certain things, but it just seems at this age, where they are transitioning to being self-sufficient and dealing with adult problems, there is always some issue for me to worry about.

Oh yeah, I'm a golf widow at this point, dh has hit the links several times already! I don't mind though, he enjoys it and I can always find ways to pass the time.

And sorry about all the landscaping that needs to be done! I know how quickly that adds up ;( . But it will look so beautiful and you will really enjoy it once it's all done.

Any special plans for this weekend?

Marcy, it really is strange how much PS can change our perspective on diamond size! I've worn under a half carat most of my married life - I joined PS and that was the beginning of the end - much to my husband's distress haha! Anything special planned for the weekend? After being away I'll bet it will be nice to just hang out and relax for a few days.

Hey there, Kristie! :wavy:

Ok, I ended up writing a novel, and I still probably managed to miss something. Hope you're all having a great day!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

For now it seems my FB is finally fine too, so perhaps nothing to worry about anymore. Junebug hi there and thanks for acknowledging this lousy partner thing, actually he was the one where I first got this awful virus video from on FB, this guy seems to be bad news for various reasons. :rodent: Actually he does appear harmless in every regard besides the FB virus and he mostly cannot help that either, nevertheless I was not too happy with him. But then I was getting it from others too. Jimmianne, I am glad you are fine and hope you are not upset at me!

My meeting was fine with this goldsmith girl and now I am home, tired and really really hating the idea of having to get up at 5:30 and going to Vienna to work the whole day alone. Long story but so annoyed with this work and burnt out.

My normal hour for waking up is 8 but I do not get to bed before midnight or one. If I get up at 6 or before, I am obviously tired. I have never been an early riser, always been a night owl, so 8 is actually early for me and I am happy that now it is the norm. I think we change too as I think with age we tend to get up increasingly earlier. I just hope to have tomorrow over as I also expect tomorrow to be a very stressful day for various reasons and dreading it. I also hate it that I cannot even leave to eat because I will be alone. I cannot wait to stop this job by now and do things only for myself perhaps in cooperation with others I trust but my way. I do not agree with certain things that are happening there at all.

Well, I wish you girls a great weekend and will talk to you all later. At least Sunday I will be home.

Hi Missy, you asked about Pink Sapphie, yeah I have been wearing her out and people seem to really like her, both on me and on FB. I find her very delicate and feminine but also very unique. I also find that the design and shape fits her really well and liking it also that the pendant is actually a bit smaller this time.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Thank you for acknowledging that you will miss Derek too. I taped and watched last nights finale when I came home. My husband was in the in office working the night Derek died. I said "Oh NO" pretty loud when the truck hit him. My husband thought I was a litle crazy but he knows it's been a favorite show of mine. I had never watched the show when I was working and have watched every season after I stopped. Between Derek and Will fromThe Good Wife dying, I'm not very happy with these writers. I should probably stick to the Real Housewives shows at least no gets killed off. Shopping was great yesterday. My niece found a dress she loves and the baby was perfect the whole time. Are you biking this weekend or will you be with your parents both days?

Junebug, How exciting about the ring! I have never regretted getting my pear. My husband could not believe how sparkly it looked at my niece's baby's christening. The church lights were wonderful. Even better than Home Depot. Please don't worry too much about your son. My husband didn't decide what he wanted to do with his life until he was around 25 and things worked out wonderful for him career wise. You son will find his way. I know my MIL had told me she was worried about my husband because his brother knew what path he wanted to take from the time he was 6. Try not to stress too much. You said he is a good person. That is way more than half the battle when raising kids. He will figure things out. I wish you lived closer to me. I'm also already a golf widow although this week I told him to plan lots of golf this weekend. Work has been crazy so he definitely needs to go out and smack that little white ball around. I'm making potted plants this week while he golfs. I would make you one.

Marcy, It sounds like you could also join Junebug and me in our golf widow club. I will be busy this weekend gardening. What are your plans? Did you have a good day at work today?

Sharon is the chainsaw heavy? I would love a small one for cutting branches. The manual cutters are too hard for me to use the past few years. I have no upper body strength and you really need that for tree trimming. I could also use it on my neighbors tree if he burns another one of mine. Just teasing. If it's not heavy you will not be the only one which a chainsaw. I wish my previous neighbor was still alive. She would be laughing hysterically if she saw me out in my backyard with a chainsaw. I can hear her yelling "Your are making me tired watching you work. Get over here and have a frozen margarita with me" She was so much fun!

Jimmianne, Is your trip still on? Are you getting more excited?

OV, Sounds like you need a new salsa partner! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. The dancing sounds like great exercise.

Kristie, What are you doing this weekend? We need to live closer to each other. I want to go swimming with Maggie and Finn.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Junebug, I missed that you are getting a ring now, wow, big decision for you, cool! :appl: Excited for you, what ring are you getting? We cannot wait to see it then. Congrats.

Hi Callie, I really missed you, we have had such deep talks and you were so supportive, I am not sure you miss that though. :shifty:

Hugs to you girls.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was gone all day and just now reading about Junebug and the DBL!
Junebug, did you order it today? :dance:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake, I really appreciate your thoughtful comments about the situation with my son. I know this will make me sound silly, but my eyes filled with tears when I read your kind words; I have been feeling very stressed and upset about this lately and I was so comforted by your reassurance and understanding. Thank you so much Callie!!!

We would have so much fun if we lived closer! Our husbands could go golfing together and we could go shopping lol. Or we could just hang out and play with your doggie and eat ice cream, that would work too, ha!

Ovi and Jimmianne, yes, I ordered the ring today, and now that I've done it I'm pretty excited! Here's a pic -

r5778_handshot_0.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Junebug, congrats, you definitely deserve some positive bling energy! :appl:

As you know I am a huge fan of pears. :love:

Congrats! Now, can we have the stats please? I know you must have posted them but I was most likely not here at the time.

When will you have your new ring? Now that you are getting this pear beauty I want a ring badly. A ring with a new diamond, you are making me green with envy. :mrgreen: Until then at least I can enjoy some eye candy. :rodent:

Patience is a virtue. I am sure it has led you in the right direction.

How are you doing lately Junebug? I am sorry but I must have missed a lot about what has been going on when I was gone for a couple of weeks.

Girls, you all have a nice weekend. It was lovely getting up at 5 after going to bed at midnight and it is cold and raining hard here. Nice start for the day. Well, I only have to survive this one day. Somehow I feel much more tired than usual, surely hormones have to do with that. I cannot wait to get back and get a good night's sleep, at least that has been going a little better, so that is good news. I cannot wait for the nice weather to be back.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I'm glad I was able to help you. It is so obvious how much you love your children in your posts. I think it really is more difficult to guide them as they become young adults. I remember telling my niece once that we are all works in progress no matter how old we get. All you can do is love and support them which I know you do ten fold. They are lucky to have you in their corner.

Shopping and ice cream sounds wonderful!

How exciting about your new ring. It looks so beautiful in the photo. Did they say when it will arrive? I love it when one of us gets something new.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, thank you for your kind hellos. I just wanted to get back while I had a minute before going to sleep.

Junebug, your ring looks beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures. I know it will look spectacular on you. I hope you don't worry too much about your son. Like Callie said, he's a good person. That will give him a good foundation. And you know, he doesn't need to know what he wants to be or do for the rest of his life. It's just important to take a risk and commit to something...for now. I learned more about myself by taking jobs and discovering what I did not want to do. My first job, 2.5 years. Second about 3. Third, around 2. Fourth, 5, and then now fifth, 8 years. It's taken some time, but I'm pretty comfortable here, until the children go to college. Then I may want to make some changes. :) Often times, the skills from each job will build and help complete the missing pieces to get them to their eventual dream job. I have a cousin who was very science and math oriented in his classes, but he actually loved movies and screenplay writing. He graduated with a degree in applied mathematics. Then got a job programming and being an engineer. But that wasn't where his heart lied. So he saved up, then quit, and went back to art school full time. When he graduated, he combined his technical background, and his love of art and movies and worked at an animation studio that worked on movies like Blade Runner (remember?). He was there a few years, and eventually got a job at Pixar, and now he feels like he has found a place he can call home, for now until his horizon expands again. Anyway, sorry I kept going on and on, but I think about my cousin every time I come across college students that don't know exactly what they want. :) The beauty of it is that they don't have to. They just have to have the courage to try. That of course may not apply to your son. I do tell my own children the same thing. :)

Gotta get to sleep. 12 miles tomorrow. I'm so excited!! I'm running at 7 am and am so excited to see my friends who just finished Boston. They did back to back marathons, Boston and then Big Sur the week after.

Forgive me if I don't catch up with everyone all at once. I think I can do this bit by bit. I was feeling a little overwhelmed before b/c I kept feeling I was missing people. I hope you all don't mind if I write separate posts and say hi to everyone whenever I can.

Btw, I have been on a shopping binge lately. Bought myself a fabulous pair of sunglasses, the only other pair I have other than the Maui Jim running glasses I have. http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/obsession-cat-eye-008038#Z0624W Very pricey for a pair of sunglasses (for me anyway). But I think I do love it. I have 14 days to decide. :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, somehow I missed your post about your son and have been unable to find it. I wanted to reassure you that they do find their way no matter how painful it is to their parents to watch the process. Like when they are little and playing high on the jungle gym and you have to remind yourself that their instinct is to hang on : )

Your new ring is beautiful and elegant. I'm so happy for you - a very exciting acquisition! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!!!

Junebug, I love the pear and cannot wait for you to get it and wear it! :love:
So excited for you! :appl:

And I second what Callie and everyone else said about your son. And I wholeheartedly agree with him being a good person being most of the battle. How could either of your children go wrong with you as their mom dear Junebug. They are the luckiest kids in life with you as their mom and I am sure their dad is equally wonderful. They will do very well in life and are still young. This is the time to explore and enjoy figuring it out and of course as their mom you are going to worry. If you didn't worry that would be strange. But this is not going to be something you need to worry about.

OK now I am excited about your potential house on the beach is SC! Are you there yet? Please keep us posted. I like to think I know about beach houses so please ask any questions lol. Make sure it is not in a flood area as insurance can be difficult to get or if it is that it is elevated enough for no issues. Does it have a generator? If not and if the area loses power during storms I highly recommend getting one. Generac is one of the best and we installed one after Irene (and fortunately before Sandy).

Ooh a pool is very nice to have if you guys don't mind the maintenance. I grew up with a pool and enjoyed it all the time in the warm weather. Short walk to the beach is a very good location to be in so definitely something worth investigating and a bit larger is good too. More closet space!!! And room for guests of course. :cheeky:

There's so much other info but I am sure you and your dh have it covered. Very excited for you maybe even more so than the bling. Please let us know how it goes and wishing you lots of luck!!! It's the perfect weekend for house hunting. Beautiful weather. :appl:

Callie, I finished watching the 2 hour Grey's last night. I'm disappointed and why did they have to kill Derek and well the whole episode left me sad. I mean the show has always been a bit outlandish but very enjoyable (to me not to Greg he hates it lol) but the last 2 episodes left me blah.

Oh and yes I was so upset after they killed Will from Good Wife. I had a crush on Josh Charles since he was on that show Sports Night in 1998.

I am glad you had a great time with your niece and the baby and that your niece found the perfect dress.

We are going cycling tomorrow and visiting my family today. I am trying to get Greg to take Monday off so we can stay overnight at the beach house but I don't think he can unfortunately. it's a shame because the weather is supposed to be so lovely this weekend and into next week but I guess real life gets in the way once again. Oh well, here's hoping there are more lovely weather weekends ahead. :sun:

LLJsmom, please don't worry about responding individually to everyone. It can be overwhelming so just popping in here when you feel like it to say hey and update us and respond as you want to is absolutely fine. Have a good run today.

Ovi, ugh, creepy salsa partner. No thanks. Get another please. Do not put up with that. Creepy. :nono:

I used to be a night owl but when I started working I had to change my schedule completely and now it is automatic. I guess it is possible to change my internal clock. When I retire I would like to change it to somewhere in between night owl and early riser.

Glad you are enjoying pink Saphhie. She's a beauty. Hope today is not to difficult at work and that you enjoy it and I also hope you have a fun Sunday!

Jimmianne, good morning. What are your weekend plans? Yes Puff can fly himself but he prefers first class. That way he gets served a cocktail or 2 during the flight and he likes the pampering so that's why he requested flying via plane and doing it in style. 8-)
Plus, there's that luggage issue. He does not travel lightly. Sigh. Just like HRH Francesca. They are such style mavens yanno? :cheeky:

Sharon, did you get the chainsaw?

Kristie, how is your finger this morning? I am sending healing vibes your way!
I agree your pool is warm enough for swimming now. In fact it is warm enough for hot tubbing too lol. My parents keep their pool very warm as well. Greg loves just soaking in it as he would a hot tub haha. Enjoy!

Marcy, hey there. It's the weekend! Have fun!

Hi Sarah, hope you have a nice weekend. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puff would love a cockatiel OR a cockatootail!
woohoo!
Your weekend plans sound so wonderful. You guys are the CEOs of "Life is Good".

Sharon, I envy you using that small chain saw. Cutting what you are with it sounds quite safe. I use a Silky tree saw - when they are new and sharp they are excellent but I have often considered getting one of those battery driven saws with the straight edge.
Should we start a ladies' tree surgeon thread? =)

I had an above-ground pool for many years - they are actually nice looking if landscaped well - but the maintenance was difficult and time consuming. Last year I got an Endless Pool, which is inside and it's pretty great. It's small but has a current you swim against and I am embarrassed to say that I keep it at 92 degrees. The maintenance is nada. The chemistry stays balanced, the pool is always clean. The only thing I miss is swimming outside with the sun shining on the water making beautiful patterns. Indoors it's more about exercise : (

My DD and I made Paleo peanut butter cup eggs yesterday. You cannot believe how good they are - better than the "real" ones and healthy: http://cravebytaylor.com/2014/04/16/paleo-reeses-eggs/

Junebug, please...where in SC? [apologize for not keeping up].

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Jimmianne, an indoor pool for exercise is my dream!!! How hard was it to install? Greg keeps shooting down my indoor pool suggestion and it would be great if I could figure out how to have this done within a smaller space. I love that you have an endless pool! Help me convince Greg. :appl: :cheeky:

Haha Puff and his cockatiel lol. :lol:

I love anything with peanut butter. I am off to check out your link. Thanks!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, now I am really laughing. We got the Roombie, didn't we? and Greg likes it! : )

The company [in PA] is very good, great product, great personal customer service and they have installers. I used my dear general contractor for the set up but would not do that again.
It's easy - delivered in big boxes & with trained installer a week to set up & get running I would think.
I'll send you photos.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh Thanks Jimmianne! If this is affordable and doable in a smallish area I will be over the moon happy! In fact first class ticket for Puff is on me! :bigsmile:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Jimmianne, lots of our friends in Alaska have that swimming device and loved it! I see it in the magazines and think that when I'm in much smaller circumstances or very little yard, that'd be the way to go.

Missy, my finger is better this morning! I read up on bleach baths on the AAAI and AAD websites and the American Eczema Assoc websites, i was using too much Clorox but have since corrected that. The zinc oxide really takes down the inflammation and itch, thank you for recommending that.

Junie, love the ring (I clearly love pears!)!!! When it arrives, let us know what you think of it IRL and if you get a chance, couple hand pics? The yellow color is TDF too. Regarding your son---the worst time of my life was just after graduation from USC. What made it a thousand times harder was my mom expressing to me how worried she was (and I don't know WHY, I was self supporting, responsible, not a party-er/user/drinker, maintaining good health, etc etc) to me and to our friends and relatives. If you have good reason to worry about your son, try to keep it quiet. Your few posts regarding your son have lots of "good mom-ness" to my eye (and you know I feel that I can spot the Bad Moms a mile away btw my own mom and 13 years of teaching). Finding his way, this is *THE* task of every human being and it cannot be undertaken by society, parents, friends, or spouses. He's shown that he can set a long-term goal (undergraduate degree) and complete it; that is an enormous accomplishment. When I graduated from USC, the statistics for graduation were 33%---the rest dropped out for all kinds of reasons. And hey, this is free comment so its worth exactly that---nothing. Google Maslow's pyramid (or Maslow's hierarchy) and see what you think, both of where your son is and where YOU are on it. It might set your mind at ease. If not, it will help you focus.

Callie, you come swimming here anytime you want. The Westies are great to swim with because they have THE VERY BEST TIME EVER and that is so good to be around! Your pooch can come too and we'll put her in Maggie's Looie Vuitton puppy life jacket and she can paddle along too :lol:

Marcy, did you find any Freakshow Cabernet? I asked the wine sommelier at Safeway if he knew it and he took me right to it on the shelves and gave me $3.50 off per bottle! He also gave me a key to the freaks on the label, which I will send you. There is probably a good drinking game with that: Name that freak or take a drink :bigsmile:

Ovi, good to hear you're out there having fun and being yourself. You should be basking in the glow of that amazing pink sapphire necklace you just completed, what a stunner that is.

Sharon, whazzup? Pic of your new chainsaw??????

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Missy. Btw, are u still enjoying your reformer? How long are your workouts on it? I wish the lessons weren't so expensive at my gym. I think that thing would change my life. Do you take lessons periodically?

Ovi. I just wanted to tell you your description of your dance partner was hilarious. I got a really good mental picture of what was happening. Maybe not necessarily a pleasing picture but a clear one all the same. Are you all done with the crazy x?

Had a hard run. Leg was sore but glad I finished. It was 10 today.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hahaha, LLJsmom you cracked me up too, yeap I am done with "all" crazy exes for good. :wavey: :nono: I figure that for now I have enough craziness in my life without them. I still have some nice memories of the ex fiancee at times because with him we did have some great times too but honestly I only want good people in my life, life is too short. Ethics matter greatly to me.

Yeah, yeah, clueless about what I will do with this salsa partner, it figures, I finally get to have a partner and he truly sucks and more than that. Yeah, creepy is right. I guess I am supposed to look my partner in the eyes but I cannot in this case, not when he looks at me like I am prey.

So nice to hear from you LLJsmom, I envy you for doing the marathon. =) I wish I could do that but I think I am the same way with dancing, it moves my body for a good hour and a half and it releases all tension and I forget about everything else. Exercise is great for this reason, dance is also exercise to me, wow I can feel my leg muscles for sure. I sometimes tend to focus too much on other things and lack exercising but I must do it more often.

Junebug I also missed the part about your son somehow but perhaps that was private talk between you and Callie. Well, I can tell you that some people do not truly find their way until much later in life, I know I did not. Thing is everything is a learning lesson in life and we do not necessarily have to find our way early on but make sure we do learn. I want to know all about your ring.

So, Callie ready for some weekend shopping?:))) I wish I could go with ya. I will not forget when you kept telling me that you would come here and drag me out for dinner and some girls' fun time.

Jimmianne, what are you up to this weekend?

Missy I know your plans already and just saying hi and have fun, I am so proud of you for cycling like a hero.

My weekend is halfway over after today being so catastrophic when it already ruined me day that I had to work and get up early but this subway accident and missing my train and getting home in something like almost four hours was awful. Anyhow that is over now and hoping to unwind and get some rest.

Talk to you soon girls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results