shape
carat
color
clarity

Novice seeking input... please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indigobear

Rough_Rock
This is my first post to a forum like this. After having read posts on this site about online retailers and B+Ms, I''m really confused!!
I am going to marry a great guy and would like a unique ring for a reasonable price (under $1500). Here''s the kicker... I don''t want a traditional solitaire setting. I am much too hard on jewelry and don''t want a raised center stone. I did find a design that I love (see photo) but it''s from a retailer that has been bashed on this site. I''m in Southern CA. Has anyone see something like this elsewhere?

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
1.gif

ibearringtop.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Indigo, have you thought about a bezel setting? They''re extremely low and very durable, from what I hear. The center stone is protected by the metal around it.

A couple of examples:

http://engagementrings.pricescope.com/bezel.asp

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I would recommend contacting Whiteflash and having them do it custom for you. I''m sure they could do it and for a competitive price as well.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
I agree, if you''re concerned about the retailer that you''d be working with show someone who has good jewelers the picture and ask if they can do something similar custom for you--they may even be able to improve it in areas that aren''t your favorite from the stock picture.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Indigobear,

Welcome to PS!!!

I say it''s all up to the idividual to decide whether or not a ring with a center stone will or will not work for them.

I like Ebree''s suggestion about the bezel setting
9.gif
, or a flush-set diamond setting, especially if you are hard on your jewelry.

Even though I like pave, which the ring you posted looks like it has, I would think twice about wearing it 24/7, if in fact you are hard on your jewelry. I can be rough with my rings ... I am an active person who loves life, and doesn''t always to remember taking things off when I should, with that said ... think about maintenace costs if you go pave and are a little rough. I have lost several little diamonds out of my pave setting
39.gif
, I should have just got a pave ring for a RHR versus an every day ring.

Best wishes!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results