carat
color
clarity

Novavax Anyone?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning.
Has anyone here received the Novavax vaccine?

Could you please share your experience? Thank you

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not yet...I am getting one on Friday after work...I need a weekend to recover from covid boosters, they always kick my butt...I have a very good friends mom who is currently in the hospital fighting for her life because of covid...I aint playing around....I am getting all the protection I can! I would be interested in hearing others experience as well..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not yet...I am getting one on Friday after work...I need a weekend to recover from covid boosters, they always kick my butt...I have a very good friends mom who is currently in the hospital fighting for her life because of covid...I aint playing around....I am getting all the protection I can! I would be interested in hearing others experience as well..

Ugh I’m so so sorry about your friend’s mother. I hope she recovers

I plan on getting novavax but unfortunately we were exposed to Covid Friday so now have to wait and see if we come down with it. If we don’t we’ll get it sooner rather than later. But if we get Covid we’ll wait three months to get th vaccine

Good luck with your vaccine. Hope it goes smoothly for you. And I hear you on getting your butt kicked. Same lol. Each vaccine caused fever body aches etc for a few days for me but of course it is better than getting Covid

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I’m so so sorry about your friend’s mother. I hope she recovers

I plan on getting novavax but unfortunately we were exposed to Covid Friday so now have to wait and see if we come down with it. If we don’t we’ll get it sooner rather than later. But if we get Covid we’ll wait three months to get th vaccine

Good luck with your vaccine. Hope it goes smoothly for you. And I hear you on getting your butt kicked. Same lol. Each vaccine caused fever body aches etc for a few days for me but of course it is better than getting Covid

thanks...so sad...I hope you all do well and don't get it, from what my friends doctor said this is a bugger to get over..the friends mom tested positive beginning of October and went to ER this last Friday and is STILL testing positive for covid as is her hubby who is finally starting to feel better...its a rough strain

dvj

Shiny_Rock
I got it three weeks ago and feel so lucky to have gotten an appointment so fast. For me it hurt a little bit on entry. Not a lot, but a little. But I generally hate getting shots and tend to be more sensitive. And in terms of side effects—nothing.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I know you asked about Novavax, so I acknowledge this is technically off-topic, but I got the Moderna shot 2 weeks ago, along with a flu shot at the same time, and I had no side effects other than a sore shoulder for a few days. This was noteworthy to me since the first 3 shots I received were Moderna, and they all kicked my a**, so I seem to have tolerated this one much better. Hopefully your experience with the Novavax is similarly easy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I know you asked about Novavax, so I acknowledge this is technically off-topic, but I got the Moderna shot 2 weeks ago, along with a flu shot at the same time, and I had no side effects other than a sore shoulder for a few days. This was noteworthy to me since the first 3 shots I received were Moderna, and they all kicked my a**, so I seem to have tolerated this one much better. Hopefully your experience with the Novavax is similarly easy.

Thank you @lala646. I’m glad you did well with the Moderna. Yeah my Drs don’t want me to get the mRNA vaccine right now for reasons I’m not comfortable going into so I am planning on getting Novavax. If I don’t come down with Covid now. So I guess I’ll see how this week goes. I appreciate your input thank you

We got the flu vaccine Saturday and besides a sore arm and a bit of fatigue I didn’t experience any adverse effects but I don’t usually with the flu vaccine

I got it three weeks ago and feel so lucky to have gotten an appointment so fast. For me it hurt a little bit on entry. Not a lot, but a little. But I generally hate getting shots and tend to be more sensitive. And in terms of side effects—nothing.

That’s wonderful. Glad it went well for you.

dvj

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @lala646. I’m glad you did well with the Moderna. Yeah my Drs don’t want me to get the mRNA vaccine right now for reasons I’m not comfortable going into so I am planning on getting Novavax. If I don’t come down with Covid now. So I guess I’ll see how this week goes. I appreciate your input thank you

We got the flu vaccine Saturday and besides a sore arm and a bit of fatigue I didn’t experience any adverse effects but I don’t usually with the flu vaccine

That’s wonderful. Glad it went well for you.

Thanks! I Hope it goes well for you too when you get it, and I really hope you didn’t catch covid! It is an uncomfortable feeling knowing you have been exposed and not knowing if you caught it or not. Fingers crossed.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Good morning.
Has anyone here received the Novavax vaccine?

Could you please share your experience? Thank you

Hi Missy,
My daughter and SIL got Novavax about 3 days ago. They purposely waited until it was available in their area and were first in line at their local Costco pharmacy as soon as it became available. Lots of research had convinced them to pass on Moderna and wait for Novavax.. They both are doing fine and experiencing no more discomfort than with the flu shot or previous Moderna booster.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, I got it as did the rest of my immediate family. Far fewer side effects than the mRNA vaccines, though both kids experienced some nausea.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I Hope it goes well for you too when you get it, and I really hope you didn’t catch covid! It is an uncomfortable feeling knowing you have been exposed and not knowing if you caught it or not. Fingers crossed.

Thank you. I’m feeling off so I don’t have a good feeling about this. And my pulmonologist doesn’t want me to take Paxlovid (if I get Covid) unless my symptoms are severe.

Hi Missy,
My daughter and SIL got Novavax about 3 days ago. They purposely waited until it was available in their area and were first in line at their local Costco pharmacy as soon as it became available. Lots of research had convinced them to pass on Moderna and wait for Novavax.. They both are doing fine and experiencing no more discomfort than with the flu shot or previous Moderna booster.

That’s great to hear. Glad they’re doing well. Thank you for sharing Jeanie, I appreciate it

There doesn't seem to be much of an advantage of novavax over the mRNA vaccines.

Thank you but for me it is not about which is better or has an advantage over the other. It’s about what injx I can take. Though looks like I might have to delay it for a few months. I’ll know soon enough :/

Missy, I got it as did the rest of my immediate family. Far fewer side effects than the mRNA vaccines, though both kids experienced some nausea.

Thank you Tonks. I’m glad everyone is doing well now. Sorry your children dealt with the side effect of nausea. I get nauseous often and it’s not pleasant. Looks like Novavax it will be

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
There doesn't seem to be much of an advantage of novavax over the mRNA vaccines.

No there isn't much difference except the method of how the vaccine works and it tends to have less side effects for people so that is one reason people might choose it if they have had bad side effects from the mRNA vacs

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, how are you feeling today?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, how are you feeling today?

Hi April baby. Thanks for asking. I feel ok. Just so fatigued but we are dealing with many things right now so maybe that’s it? I also have been dealing with a constant headache for the past month but it’s likely a side effect of one of my new meds.

Anyway maybe I made a stupid decision today but we just got the Novavax instead of waiting for two weeks after our exposure. We were exposed last Friday and the incubation period can be up to two weeks. I’m having cataract surgery in less than two weeks so if I didn’t get it now I’d probably have to wait til December. So I decided to take a risk and get it despite the fact I’m not in the clear yet with Covid.

Hindsight might prove this a very foolish decision and if I didn’t have that surgery coming up I would have waited the full two weeks. Fingers crossed it doesn’t come back to bite me in the you know what.

Thank you for asking and I hope all is going well with you and your family

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I got a 2 series right after it came out because I had a bad reaction to moderna the week it came out.

I felt bad the day after the first novavax just with flu like symptoms, did fine after the second

Hope this helps and wish you all the best health

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mustangchi. I am glad the Novavax worked out well for you

Just a quick update...
We got Novavax a few days ago and no reaction. The only other vaccine I get no reaction from is the flu vaccine and that at least gives me a sore arm. Greg also had no reaction. At first when it went in to my arm I felt very weird for a few minutes but then nothing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results