shape
carat
color
clarity

NOT wedding related: what''s happening to mother earth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
tsunami in samoa, possible tsunami in western Indonesia, typhoon in the Philippines... what could be next?
8.gif
they are a leagues away from me but i feel saddened by the calamity that these nations are experiencing. imagine, everything that you worked for, everyone you loved, lost and taken away in a matter of MINUTES??

sorry for being emo. i know this forum is all about planning lives and getting married but i feel heartache for those families who built their life together and then destroyed not by their choice but by natural disasters.
39.gif

what''s happening to mother earth?!?

i really should stop reading the news now. it''s getting me tooo emo.....

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i know, it''s really sad. just don''t watch the "nostradamus: 2012" show that they have been playing over and over again on the history channel or tlc..one of those. it might freak you out!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Mother Earth is pissed. We have treated her like crap and she isn''t happy. Maybe somebody should give her a diamond.....

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 11:26:12 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
Mother Earth is pissed. We have treated her like crap and she isn''t happy. Maybe somebody should give her a diamond.....

I agree!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 11:22:56 AM
Author: cocolaw
i know, it''s really sad. just don''t watch the ''nostradamus: 2012'' show that they have been playing over and over again on the history channel or tlc..one of those. it might freak you out!
OMG this totally freaks me out. I''m now completely convinced that one of the "super volcanoes" will erupt on Dec 21, 2012. My FI and I kinda joke that we will have two good married years before the end of the world...great.

(But, seriously, I really am scared...)
32.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 11:26:12 AM
Author: LitigatorChick

THAT''S IT!
2.gif
that''s why! we''ve been stealing her diamonds for so long! boy... if it was me, i''d be really pissed if someone takes my blinggies!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 9:57:35 AM
Author:cleokizzy

what's happening to mother earth?!?

i really should stop reading the news now. it's getting me tooo emo.....
I agree, these calamities are horrendous, I can't imagine how awful it must be to have every material thing you deem important wiped within minutes, without warning - not to mention family, friends! Utterly devastating.

But...this is nothing new! Take a while to browse the natural history of the world. Though accurate recordings as we know them are only about 100 years old, these calamities have been happening forever. As awful as they are - and I mean in no way to take from the catastrophic nature of these events - nothing new is happening to Mother Earth. Not that that helps the people whose lives are ruined by these tragedies
7.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Fi and I went to Samoa 2 years ago for a surf holiday and the resort we stayed at has been completely washed away, everyone was evacuated beforehand which is good.
The earth quake in Pedang (Indo) is where FI was going to take a boat trip from next May after we were married, there are about 20 boats all unaccounted for and he has surfing mates who live in that area too.

The earth is certainly unsettled at the moment, Bali had an earth quake only about a week ago too but i don''t think anyone was seriously hurt.

It is making me think twice about organising beach front accommodation for our honeymoon!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results