shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure what to do with my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
We''ve been engaged for almost 2 years and aren''t getting married any time soon, but I''ve been trying to figure out what wedding ring I want. The problem is that nothing I like seems to go with my engagement ring! DSS set in a while back and I went through a phase of wanting to upgrade, but FI was less than thrilled with the idea because he''s attached to this stone. Ok, so I suggested that in order to get more bling, I get a wedding band with diamonds. He''s good with that...but finding a band that works with this ring and suits my tastes has become impossible.

I thought about having my stone reset into a plain yellow gold knife edge setting so that I could do any sort of wedding band I wanted. I was considering going with a 5 stone ring with princess cuts, but when I actually tried one on, I didn''t like the look. Now I''m back to square one and looking for suggestions.

My criteria:
-- has to be yellow gold; I''ve tried to like platinum, but silver-toned jewelry doesn''t look good on me so I know I''d end up hating it.
-- price range should be around $5K or so.
-- sparkly is good, as long as the diamonds all work together; I have a channel-set ring with small RBs that looks ok with my current e-ring setting, but I don''t think bigger RBs will look good with my stone.

FWIW, my main stone is 1.15 ct., E VS2 and I don''t remember any of the other specs except that it has a pretty big table at 74%. I wear a size 6.

Thanks for any suggestions!
-- RPS

rpsring.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seems like you could easily find or have made a channel-set band that matches the style of your e-ring. As another option, are you open to the idea of two thinner bands on each side?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scott Kay:

9ctyn29083ct4v.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like princess cut bands because they look nice but don''t take away from my solitaire. Your ering is gorgeous!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
For 5K ... I think I''d reset that princess into a gorgeous blingy three-stone band for maximum WOW & get a thin solid gold wedding band. You could always set a gemstone into that original e-ring setting for an anniversary or birthday RHR.

Just don''t think any eternity band is going to look "right" with your existing e-ring setting ... or be blingy enough to please you but not overpower your e-ring stone. Making it a three stone would give nice finger coverage & look great with a solid (inexpensive) band.

Just my 2 cents.

Your princess looks SWELL btw -- very pretty patterns!! And "E" color -- sahweet!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out this thread with Feb2003''s re-set princess three stone trellis ring and see what you think.

Big. Time. Bling.
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell me that doesn''t up the bling factor ... just adding .25 sides! Okay, I have a one track mind.
31.gif

princesswith.25sides.JPG

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
Decodelighted, thank you so much for doing that! I had been considering resetting my stone into a 3 stone just like you posted, but wasn''t sure...but I love how it looks! I think that''s a winner -- and the best part is that I showed it to FI and he loves it.

I think I can pair that with a plain thin band for every day and a channel-set ring with princesses (like the one Musey posted that''s the plain design) for a little extra oomph!

Thank you all for your suggestions -- I knew someone would get me out of this can''t-make-up-my-mind situation. Thank you, too, for the compliments on my stone. I really love it and know we could never have picked such a winner without everything I learned on PS. =)

-- RPS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results