shape
carat
color
clarity

Not small rewards afterall

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Alright, i posted in the diamond section the specs to my diamond if you are interested. I spent the last month and a half studing diamonds, and for the past three weeks I have been up every single day from the time i get home from work (7pm) until 3 am and 5am on weekends studying and learning every detail I could imagined about diamonds (though I still have alot of questions). My biggest problem, however, was lack of good examples. All of the diamonds that i have seen at the stores in town suck. They seemed dull to me, and a G would have clear yellow tones too it (sometimes I think because of the lighting, others because it wasnt really a G it was a "G") and then SI1''s with huge black dots all over the place, looking like fleas are attached to the diamond or something. Any way, I didn''t really know what to expect, until I saw my friend''s new engagement ring. It was from Tiffany''s and it was .30cts, but dispite the small dimensions it had It was the most beautiful diamond I had seen. The first thing I noticed about it was the brilliant flashes of color that I had not seen so brilliantly in any other diamond up to that point. It was small--but alive. I wanted that, and i learned how to get it online, since it clearly wasn''t happening around here.

I got my diamond today while I was at work, and I was very disappointed...at first. Under the daycare lights (I work at a daycare) It was brilliant and a very nice white from the top and it had some tremendous sparkle, much more than I had seen in nearly all of the other diaomnds I had seen, and better but close to one or two of them. However, there were only a few glints of green here and there, but not real fire. It broke my hearts, all of the women were clamoring all over me and ewwing and awing over my .62 ct diamond that was small to begin with, and the one most important element to me was totally left out. Then I looked at it from the side, and I could notice a faint trace of yellow--no one else could see it, but I noticed my H color fairly well (though It could have been something else...I have a bright yellow shirt and yellow pants on today:) ) Anyway, They are all ewwing and awing, and they all know how much work I have put into learning about how to pick a perfect diamond...and here I am with no fire at all, and nobody can see what is so beautiful about the diamond.

I went to go to some local jewelers to compare.

On the way I was at stop light so I brought it out and put it on my pinky so I could look at it some more while I was driving. I brought it into the light and suddenly a huge orange flash slammed into my eyes. I literally had to squint it was so bright. then suddenly it was gone as a ray of blue light shot up on the right hand side, then a series of dancing green lights came up on the right hand side with white sparkles following and leading its path. I started to drive, I missed the jewelers, didn''t have time to eat, and just drove and looked at it on my pinky for about 30 minutes before taking it to a jeweler to make sure it was the diamond listed on the cert. Sometimes I turned down streets just to watch the show of lights play out before me even more elegantly as I turned the steering wheel. I also realized that in sunlight, especially if I am 2 feet or so away from it, it is completely white.

I am now a diamond lover. I had originally simply been buying one because it was an engagement ring and it was expected of me. Thus I wanted to give it 100% for her and learned all I could. My research did NOT let me down, this may be a small diamond, but it is no small reward, it is BEAUTIFUL. I will try to get a video this weekend, going down to my brother''s bachelor party and he has a camera and video. At any rate, I understand now why diamonds are so famous. I had to squint my eyes so many times I couldn''t believe it, and to top it all off the entire time there was a circle of white light that looked light a small flashlight pen shining on the roof of my car, that being, i believe, the light as it passes through the diamond and out the table. I am just astounded by the light performance of my diamond, totally incredible. The only problem is that I can not propose in the evening anymore, when it is most romantic at the beach, I am going to have to do it a little after sunrise or high noon (is there a best time to get the most fire from your diamond? I will do some tests to find out, but let me know), and it is going to be difficult to make a really romantic opening available at those times of day. Head over to the proposal ideas if you want to help me out. For now though, I am going to figure out which ultra sonic cleaner to get. If she lets this diamond stay dirty, I will not forgive her. Remember that ladies, Some of us men work are asses off to get you a great diamond--not all men know which diamonds are nice. And all of us had to work months to get what we got you (some of us make more than others though) so don''t let it get dirty. If it looses those qualities that make it valuable, then why did we work so hard for you? Take care of those rings women! its the least you can do for it and us! They are amazing, i wish i could wear one!:)

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I had to laugh at your post. It''s so sweet how you took the time to learn about diamonds and picked one out. I was a little worried for a minute, until you saw how the diamond performed.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Also cute how your ff better keep the ring clean.

Welcome to the world of ideals. There''s no going back.
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your diamond purchase! I love the story and I can''t wait to see pictures of the diamond and ring!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Your story is so refreshing, I hope she gets a chance to read this post after you give her your diamond. Also, you can wear a diamond if you want to! I''ve seen some very masculine yellow gold rings, thick and heavy with a square cut diamond set flush on top.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great guy to put so much effort into getting a great diamond! I am sure she''ll love it no matter what time of day you give it! I have found that halogen lighting is the very best environment in which to view a diamond!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Ccongratulations on your beautiful diamond! I loved your story and the way you described falling in love with diamonds. That''s something we all can relate to I think!

Can''t wait to hear her reaction!

a

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results