shape
carat
color
clarity

Not Happy With Jeweler

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Ughhh..I finally took my Dan Stair spinel and American Set setting to a Jeweler last Monday (the 15th). I had it about a week but got sick and just didn''t feel like taking it. Anyway, I don''t know if my problem was taking it to a store in the mall, but they told me it should be ready by Friday...that was the 19th. The receipt he gave me told me pick up on Monday the 22nd. So instead of going up there on Monday I called to see if it was ready and he sounded really annoyed that I had called. "We will call you when it''s ready", is what he said kind of in an annoyed voice. To add to that he said, "It should be done by Friday". I''m just too nice and didn''t say anything about him telling me it would have been done last Friday but I''m just frustrated. Never again will I take anything there! I figured they could set it while I waited or within 30 min to an hour but apparently not.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is possible that they do not have a benchperson on site, and even if they do, they most likely have a schedule to adhere to (first in, first out). Most good jewellers will have a backlog of custom work, repair work and setting work to complete by a promised date and are not able to set a stone while you wait. I do agree that their customer service could use some improvement though.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
It sounded like they had to send it off somewhere to do any repairs. I just wish they wouldn''t tell me that it would have been done on Monday at the latest. That and make me feel bad for calling about it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most mall jewellery stores send out their setting and repair work to a shop off-site. Unfortunately, sometimes the bench person might be swamped and cannot meet the store promised dateline. Still, that is no reason to be brusque with you.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I think next time I''m going to take any repairs to a jeweler near my work. Apparently they specialize in gemstones and its not a mall store, it''s a local business. It looked like from some of the reviews I was reading lots of people were purchasing gemstone e-rings from them or getting them custom made/sourcing stones through them. This is all a learning process for me :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that sounds like a better place. I prefer to give my business to a non-chain type store with an in-house benchperson who does custom work regularly and is familiar with gemstones other than diamonds and sapphires.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 10:25:18 AM
Author: aggal06
I think next time I''m going to take any repairs to a jeweler near my work. Apparently they specialize in gemstones and its not a mall store, it''s a local business. It looked like from some of the reviews I was reading lots of people were purchasing gemstone e-rings from them or getting them custom made/sourcing stones through them. This is all a learning process for me :)
You''re in Austin,TX right? Mind if you share the name of your jeweler(s)? I''ve been taking my stones to Americus Diamond to have set and they''ve been really nice so far. I''m still kind of feeling them out but they''ve set 2 of my tourmalines (one semi-bezel and one prong set) and my E-ring sapphire (prong set) with no issues *knock on wood*.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
The store I took it to is Reeds Jewelers in Lakeline Mall. The one near my work that sounds a whole lot better is Gallerie Jewelers on Jefferson Street.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My biggest jeweler pet peeve is being past deadline without letting me know ahead of that deadline. I don't mind if you call me Wednesday to say you won't have it done by Friday due to unforeseen delay. But I hate it when its Sunday and I have to call you to ask for an update.

If I was meeting someone and I knew I'd be late I would call ahead of time. I wouldn't wait until they called me three hours later to see where I was.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 11:14:52 AM
The store I took it to is Reeds Jewelers in Lakeline Mall. The one near my work that sounds a whole lot better is Gallerie Jewelers on Jefferson Street.
Thank you so very much for that info. Please let me know how Gallerie works for you. They''re not too far from where I work as well.
1.gif

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I will probably take my pink spinel I got from Barry to Gallerie to see what kind of mountings they have at some point, but probably not within the next month or so. I''ll let you know, or if you beat me there, let me know how it goes! :)

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 8:56:26 AM
I will probably take my pink spinel I got from Barry to Gallerie to see what kind of mountings they have at some point, but probably not within the next month or so. I''ll let you know, or if you beat me there, let me know how it goes! :)
You''ve got yourself a deal! Thanks aggal06!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results