shape
carat
color
clarity

Not exercising/trying to lose weight before wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I am beginning to feel rather guilty for not exercising so that I look "perfect" for my wedding. My wedding is a couple months away. I just don''t care if my arms aren''t perfectly toned or if my back doesn''t look amazing. But, people still ask me if I am trying to lose weight or exercise before my wedding. These comments always make me feel like I should be exercising or doing something to get in better shape. I don''t really understand why people even ask me this question because I think it is pretty rude. I am not overweight at all but I could be in better physical shape as I don’t exercise(I’m flabby and okay with it).

Anyways, the questioning has induced me to ask if anyone else has experienced this line of questioning!?! What do you say to these people?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

KatM

Shiny_Rock
it is a pretty rude question, but probably not on purpose. socially we''re besieged with the idea of the bride who wants everything to be 100% perfect, and is trying to lose weight to fit into that dress. i think i might respond with, "why? do you think i need to lose weight?"

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
There was a thread a month or so ago about whether or not brides lost weight before their wedding, and I am proudly (or lazily lol) one of those that did not. I am currently at the weight that I will probably be forever. I have come to learn that being any thinner than I am right now is not natural, and I figured it wasn''t worth killing myself for one day of pictures when I''d just pop right back up again. That wouldn''t have been "me" in those pictures. Looking back, my pictures are beautiful, and you know what? I have a dress that still fits ;-)

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been losing weight since the engagement but def. not due to exercise. I think it''s stress.

I don''t think you have to exercise/lose weight just for one day unless you don''t feel comfortable with your body right now. You definitely want to feel comfortable with the way you look on your wedding day especially knowing that hundreds of photos of you will be snapped. so, yeah, don''t do it just because people are asking you about it.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I just get annoyed with people asking me about it. Maybe I should ask them if they plan on going to the gym before coming to my wedding!?!
12.gif

Person24

Shiny_Rock
btw- I am joking regarding asking people if they are planning to work out before attending. Most of the people who have asked me about this are people I barely know!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
haha, if anyone were to ask me I''d just reply casually, "No, I like my fat"

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I was pretty lazy...I did about 2 weeks of the 30-Day Shred a month before the wedding, and then got too busy to finish it off. That was the extent of my wedding body prep. I did lose my appetite for the week before the wedding (stress-related) and shed a couple pounds, but I wouldn''t recommend that if you can avoid it.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t feel bad! If you''re confident in your own body, then you don''t need to exercise. Who cares what other people say!
2.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 10:31:39 PM
Author: cindygenit
Don''t feel bad! If you''re confident in your own body, then you don''t need to exercise. Who cares what other people say!
2.gif

Ditto x10!!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I am probably the only overweight bride in the world who isn''t trying to lose weight before her wedding. I gained about thirty pounds in the two years since my dad died and I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle for my own health, but not for losing weight for the wedding. For my own sanity, I have to be happy with who I am right now, and I found a dress to fit me, and make me feel beautiful even at my current weight. And it also makes me feel good that no one ever believes me when I tell them how much I weigh. Big confidence booster!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't try to lose weight or exercise more than usual (I'm used to a moderately active lifestyle), but I did have my dress made a year before the wedding with no real room for adjustments, so when we started getting close to the wedding, I took measurements occasionally to make sure I'd still fit. Haha. That's about it though, I had too much to do to really concentrate on weight loss, and losing too much weight would also mean an ill fitting dress. So I was mostly on a casual maintenance regime
1.gif

I did realize about 2 months before the wedding that my measurements were getting to the point of not fitting into my reception dress though, at which point I put in some more gym hours. But it was kind of a practical necessity
3.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
My body changed significantly in the past year but it wasn''t "for the wedding". People never asked me that. Funny thing is that I lost a significant amount of inches and weight so slowly that I don''t think anyone noticed. The weekend of my wedding people kept telling me I was so tiny but when I look at pictures I don''t feel like I was.

Don''t listen to that stuff. People are probably just interested in the wedding.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
If you are happy and comfortable in your body it doesn''t matter what others think you should or shouldn''t be doing.

I tried for awhile to lose weight for my wedding and it just didn''t happen. Eventually I just accepted my body for what it is - bigger but still amazing in its own way
2.gif

Oddly enough, I have been wonderding if there is a little known secret that people MUST tell you that you look like you have lost weight before your wedding. I am about a week and a half out, the scale hasn''t budged yet people keep telling me how much weight I have lost and how amazing I look - I will just assume that I look this amazing all the time since the body they are commenting on is the one I have had all along now
9.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s none of their business whether you lose weight or not, it''s purely a personal choice.

I have chosen to lose weight, but I was hugely overweight. But I would kill to be at a point that I was confident with my body. All the credit to you sister!!

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
I had this line of questioning constantly leading up to my wedding. I ended up losing 16 kgs through stress. But my mother in law said to me one day ''you will be a beautiful bride no matter what size you are'', ''my son fell in love with who you are, not what other people think you should be''. And it''s entirely true, unless your completely committed to losing weight for your big day, why make yourself miserable about it!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not do anything special to try and lose weight for the wedding. I didn''t want to add that additional stress.

I just made sure I didn''t over-eat, so that I could make sure I fit into my one-size-too-small-sample dress on the big day.

I''m glad I decided to just look like *me* on my wedding day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results