shape
carat
color
clarity

Not an SI Ultrasonic Fan!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Either I am doing this wrong, or this thing doesn''t work,or maybe I got a lemon... Seriously though, I was so excited to get this thing, and now I feel kinda ripped even at the sale price of $50!! I have put my rings through 2 times. One of them is a half eternity band, that was my great grandmas. On the inside it is cut out for diamonds to go all the way around but they only go half way. Does that make sense? Anyway... dirt collects in the little cutouts that don''t have diamonds and even in the ones that do... The US did nothing about this!
So I turn it on and it clicks, but am I susposed to see the water vibrating inside the tank, bc it doesn''t seem to be doing anything?

Help!!! So disapointed by this thing!!!
29.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...the water should be rippling inside the tank. It might be defective, if so, you can bring it back to SI and they''ll replace it no problem.

Also, how many years of dirt are under that ring? A household US isn''t that strong, so if it is many years of dirt you should take it to a jewelery store who can steam it out first. I had to do that with my great grandmothers ring.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
my water doesn''t ripple, it bubbles very finely in a few spots, like a little baby bubble tornado.
I agree a household cleaner may not be able to get off compacted dirt and grime w/o some brushing or soemthing first.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If your ring has years of dirt built up, the SI US won''t be able to do much. I''d give it a good scrubbing with a soft toothbrush first. Then put it in the US. Using hot liquid may help too. Mine did ripple...
Also if that doesn''t help, it may be time to take the ring to be steam cleaned.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Yah... Def no ripples here. I might take it into them and make them run it with me. The dirt in my ring could be as old as I am! LOL! Seriously though, I have always cleaned my stuff in hot windex and it works like a charm. I am kinda disapointed with my new purchases overall. I bought both the JewelJet and the US. Maybe I just got a lemon here... which would be par for the course.
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results