shape
carat
color
clarity

Nosy question: How much did you spend on engagement photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Laine and LabRat, good grief, I''m glad to hear I don''t have the only camera-shy fiance! I can barely convince him to get a hair-cut, much less pose for pictures. I swear he has his eyes closed in 99% of the photos we already have together.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
LOL. Yes, my fiance is so camera-shy that every time we travel (which is quite a bit) the only photos we have to show people are the scenery or me in front of the scenery! Any pics we do have of him he deletes! To others, it must seem like I always travel alone!
3.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 2:00:12 PM
Author: Gleam
Thanks, everyone, very enlightening.

I kind of get the feeling some here think engagement photos are tacky? As in the comments like ''they weren''t for us,'' ''the idea doesn''t do much for us,'' etc. To each her own, I guess, but I''ve never gotten that reaction before.

As for the suggestion that I do ''day after'' photos, I plan to elope (likely in Africa) in a remote foreign location where there aren''t many professional photographers on hand, if any at all. I don''t want to pay for a photographer whose work I don''t know, so we''re just going to have pro engagement photos or none at all.

The Rattray Camp at Mala Mala (an African safari camp) supposedly will truck in a photographer, but you actually have to pay for his travel expenses. I don''t really care to do that as I will have no clue about what quality of camera he uses or what his work looks like!
Not at all! We didn''t do them not b/c we think they''re tacky, we''re just not that into pics and my mom went over board with our wedding photography package so we didn''t see a need. If we were eloping I would probably went them then.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
We didn''t pay for a photog package that included a full on e-session, but our photographer had a promo going on that if you booked within x month, you got a free "portrait" session included. It lasted about 30 minutes and we got 15 photos from it.

Unfortunately I don''t like how I look in most of the photos (not the photographer''s fault, I like the shots, but didn''t like my outfit selection, hair, etc.). I think it was a good practice run though because now we will hopefully feel more comfortable in front of a camera on the big day!

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a quote from a photographer for $500... that seems about right, if on the slightly high end, compared to the numbers I see here. I wonder if it includes any prints! Hmm.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Zero dollars and zero cents.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results