shape
carat
color
clarity

North Korea Removed from Terror List

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
YAY NOT ELECTION-RELATED! (Well, I hope it doesn't turn that way although I know it probably will.) What do you all think about it? I admit I don't know much about it other than what I've read from the AP, but it seems like a step in the right direction that North Korea is willing to allow weapons inspectors into their country. Hopefully this transparency (or attempt at) will reduce the likelihood of any future wars with them.

ETA: I read the criticisms on the main AP article and I wanted to add that, although I think more could be done to make sure that North Korea complies with the plan I think we are moving in the right direction...you can't get something for nothing. Hopefully inspections begin ASAP. Here's a link, sorry: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27109746

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yay for pro-engagement foreign policy and sorry to Japan. I know they''re going to be
29.gif
about it as usual when we''ve talked about it and/or tried - except this time it actually happened. Oh well.
14.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 4:54:24 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Yay for pro-engagement foreign policy and sorry to Japan. I know they''re going to be
29.gif
about it as usual when we''ve talked about it and/or tried - except this time it actually happened. Oh well.
14.gif
Yeah, there are obvious reservations about it and they are certainly understandable, I just think we needed some sort of inspection plan in place. Hopefully they can enforce it and actually carry this out.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 5:23:47 PM
Author: IndyGirl22
Date: 10/11/2008 4:54:24 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

29.gif
14.gif
Yeah, there are obvious reservations about it and they are certainly understandable, I just think we needed some sort of inspection plan in place. Hopefully they can enforce it and actually carry this out.

I hope they can. I am definitely a pro-engagement kind of gal, Korea is one of my gripes with Bush. Sunshine policy was going pretty well (about as well as it could) and he blatantly trashed it without knowing anything about it from what I could tell. KJI is the kind of guy that needs attention and nurturing, haha. When you ignore him he gets moody.
2.gif
Can you tell I''ve spent too much time in Asian politics classes? I''m a nerd, what can I say..
19.gif
Anyway, thanks for posting this Indy! I had heard the rumors, but hadn''t seen it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results