shape
carat
color
clarity

Noooooo!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Have you ever ogled a stone for months that you couldn''t afford, but you were saving up for slowly, and the next thing you know, it''s gone?
39.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.
38.gif
I hate that when it happens.

I try to look at it this way ........... if it was meant to be, it would have been mine. So because I didn''t get it, it must have had a window, chip or something else wrong with it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find that if I really love something, I buy it right away to avoid that from happening. You can try to set up a payment plan with the vendor if they're willing as well. That being said, there are many beautiful stones I had to give up on simply because I couldn't afford it at the time, or I was too late in seeing it first, and they were swiped up by someone else. In that case, I make a voodoo doll of the person that bought the stone, and stick pins in it. LOL!! Just kidding!!!!
9.gif
27.gif
11.gif

I'm sorry you lost out on the stone.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have definitely had that happen, and it stinks. If it''s meant to be, perhaps the person who bought it will return it.

Otherwise, see if the vendor will negotiate a payment plan or just a hold on it.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 2:48:40 PM
Author:kribbie
Have you ever ogled a stone for months that you couldn''t afford, but you were saving up for slowly, and the next thing you know, it''s gone?

39.gif
sad!!
7.gif
sorry about that.

what were you looking at? maybe we can help you find something similar!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry Kribbie. Do you mind sharing the link or picture or some detail about the stone? Perhaps someone else might have something comparable?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It was a paraiba from Gemline.
15.gif

It was green and glowy.
I don''t know when exactly I would have had enough saved up, but it just makes me so sad that now there isn''t even an opportunity.
I haven''t seen another one like it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry that happened!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 5:26:46 PM
Author: Catmom
I''m sorry that happened!
It''s okay. It probably wasn''t meant to be.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only see a bunch of Afghans that sold. Which one was it?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bummer Kribbie - I hope you find another one with awesome glowy colors again... I am sure you will- maybe it''ll take soome time again .

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Kribbie, I would e-mail Gemline and let them know you were interested in the stone in case it get''s returned. That''s how I snagged my Malaya Garnet.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/3/2009 5:24:11 PM
Author: kribbie
It was a paraiba from Gemline.
15.gif

It was green and glowy.
I don''t know when exactly I would have had enough saved up, but it just makes me so sad that now there isn''t even an opportunity.
I haven''t seen another one like it.
I was saving for that one as well. And a red spinel that is it up somewhere in the net (not saying where!)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
By the way, have you seen the neon minty tourmaline on new arrivals? I am in looooove!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
oh Krib..that sucks...it''s like the rug has been pulled out from under your feet...maybe it wasn''t meant to be
2.gif
..maybe it was bought or taken down so one that strikes your fancy even better is coming along...
2.gif
..lets hope so...sucks
8.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, but it was ''cause i was too slow to make up my mind. it was an amethyst from richard wise that i believe another ''scoper bought.....it was for sale for a really long time so i have no one to blame but myself.

mz

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
what is gemline''s website? gemline.com is not colored-stone related.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/3/2009 9:40:05 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 8/3/2009 9:30:39 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
what is gemline''s website? gemline.com is not colored-stone related.
its an ebay seller Gemline Inc. here is a link

http://myworld.ebay.com/gemlineinc&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID
They also have a website: www.litnon.com. My gorgeous sphelerite is from them and the description was spot on. Very nice to deal with as well (they were very forthcoming when answering my questions about a different stone and even told me that it wouldn''t meet my expectations).

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2009 10:00:12 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

They also have a website: www.litnon.com. My gorgeous sphelerite is from them and the description was spot on. Very nice to deal with as well (they were very forthcoming when answering my questions about a different stone and even told me that it wouldn''t meet my expectations).
thanks Lady D! I didn''t know that one and probably would have never guessed it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Aww Kribbie, that sounds crummy! I hope you come across something better soon though!

I recently lost an auction for a ring I really liked (a 1950's ring, white gold band with a tiny little row of single cuts, the carat weight was something like .05 on it)...the winning bid was just a couple dollars over mine, but I had set a mental limit in my head and was determined not to go over it, no matter how much I wanted it. Then, a couple days later, I spied something that I'd had my eyes on for a couple weeks, for about $5 cheaper than I first law it! I didn't get it before, again, because I had set a limit on myself, but now it is perfectly within budget
27.gif
so I'll be bidding on it soon!

So consider this loss to be merely an opportunity to come across something better!

ETA/update: I fully retract earlier statements that sound incredibly optimistic. I just ran across this link to my heart's desire only to find that its already sold.
39.gif
It really hurts my feelings when gem sites keep up listings for stones that have already been sold...

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, I am upset. I just realized that Leon has sold the ring I was saving for to buy at the end of 2010. *sigh* I am not happy.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 11:29:43 PM
Ok, I am upset. I just realized that Leon has sold the ring I was saving for to buy at the end of 2010. *sigh* I am not happy.

Could you ask him to make you one in 2010 :).

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 5:34:40 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
What''s confusing me is that it''s just... gone. It''s not under sold items or even under reserved items.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/4/2009 12:45:10 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Date: 8/3/2009 11:29:43 PM

Could you ask him to make you one in 2010 :).
That isprobably what I''ll do - but it was fun watching it online and daydreaming
3.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 3:44:46 AM
Author: kribbie
Date: 8/3/2009 5:34:40 PM

Author: tourmaline_lover

What''s confusing me is that it''s just... gone. It''s not under sold items or even under reserved items.

Why don''t you email him and ask about it. It may be it was taken off of ebay for some other reason and hasn''t made it back to the website yet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kribbie,
Have you emailed GemLine to see if they have something else similar? Sometimes vendors have too many items to list everything online.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, just e-mailed them now. So I''m just waiting for a response.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wishing you luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results