shape
carat
color
clarity

noob intro and would like opinions on Princess cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sfkid

Rough_Rock
hi all!

First off... THANK YOU all for the great posts in this forum. A backdrop on how I got here... I started a search for the e-ring 2 weeks ago, went into a first 2 jewelry BM stores and came out thinking.. hmmm better do some homework and become a bit more educated on this topic. As a field sales person myself in a completely different field, I can smell sincerity and genuineness of people. Needless to say, I got the used car sales treatment and got slimed pretty good. The internet search led me to this site…and in 24 hours, about 1000 posts later, I am the wiser. THANK YOU ALL!

So.. been searching and found a Princess cut with the following:
1.29c
6.09 x5.97
E
VVS2
71.7% depth
74% table
Polish and Sym = Very Good
No info on crown and pav angles.
~$8500

I read and scoured the forum and noticed the closer the table and depth is to 68% to 72% the better the cut… and the closer to 68% table, the better the fire. To note, my sweetie is more into quality than size.

Your thoughts and opinions? Much appreciated in advance!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome!!
35.gif

glad to see that you have done your homework
2.gif

is this a stone you have seen?

sfkid

Rough_Rock
Yes. It is a stone that I am looking at. I can not see any inclusions with a 10x loupe. I did some comparison pricing with the forum tools.. it looks like the one... but you all know... it is one of those decisions. Your opinions and expertise counts!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
my ''expertise'' will tell you to let your eyes decide.
2.gif

seriously, fancy cuts are not straight forward like rounds. if you can see the stone in person and compare it to others, you are ahead of the game. you''ve done the next step and compared prices...i think you are on the right track and it sounds like this may indeed be the one!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results