shape
carat
color
clarity

non-pave halos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen a TON of halos but I have only seen a couple that weren''t pave... I''ve done several searches, is there something I''m imssing or is this just not something common? I''ve done searches on bezels as well but they cover too much of the stone... I want to see some options on detail other than using diamonds or gemstones... anyone?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My immediate thought was a bezel, but that''s not what you are loking for. Maybe a half bezel?? Not sure exactly what you''re looking for. If not pave, what about prong set, or is that out too?? The ring that Isaku was considering had a halo with channel set baguettes... Thinking out loud here. And coming up empty.
5.gif

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if this is what you''re after, and I wouldnt really call my ring a halo, but my setting has a miligrain detail around the basket (which is slightly larger than my stone) that some have called a halo. It certainly makes my diamond look bigger than it actually is. I''ve attached a photo of the miligrain, and if you search my past posts, you''ll see the full thread with other photos.

Is that along the lines of your question?

DSCN0801.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2006 4:57:26 PM
Author: Kaleigh
My immediate thought was a bezel, but that''s not what you are loking for. Maybe a half bezel?? Not sure exactly what you''re looking for. If not pave, what about prong set, or is that out too?? The ring that Isaku was considering had a halo with channel set baguettes... Thinking out loud here. And coming up empty.
5.gif
well, what I want could be called a half bezel I guess, but it isn''t LOL Half beze just goes half way around the diameter, right? I want something that goes around the girdle but doesn''t cover the pavillion. I love prong sets but I''m so paranoid about protecting the stone that I want to put a piece of thin metal around the girdle somehow but I don''t want it to just be a shiny ring... I want milgrain or engraving or *something* but I just don''t know what... I want it to be like 1-2mm wide (as thin as possible really yet sturdy) and have some kind of something... but not diamonds, I''ve pretty much blown my budget on the stone LOL!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
3hearts ring sounds like what you are talking about. metal bezel or halo but the pavilion is exposed.

there are a few on here, hers is the first one that comes to mind, tawn also has a halo ring with no pave but not sure if her pavilion is exposed. those are the only two i can think of off the top of my head really.

no i don''t think it''s a SUPER common thing but bezels (since that is what it is, just a modified so the pavilion is exposed) is not a new thing. i remember sitting next to a gal on a plane a few years ago who had a bezel set stone, it made her stone look HUGE, total perk.

but don''t you want something like a cushion? if so, something like what was just posted with milgrain would be great, but i wouldn''t put anything too metally or wide like 3hearts or tawns halo which to me are totally contemporary, around something romantic like a cushion.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2006 5:07:01 PM
Author: piccolascimmia
I''m not sure if this is what you''re after, and I wouldnt really call my ring a halo, but my setting has a miligrain detail around the basket (which is slightly larger than my stone) that some have called a halo. It certainly makes my diamond look bigger than it actually is. I''ve attached a photo of the miligrain, and if you search my past posts, you''ll see the full thread with other photos.

Is that along the lines of your question?
I went and looked at your other pics (loved the rosemary! lol) and yeah that''s kinda what I mean... let me see if I can post a pic that is close... now this is someone who posts here... I don''t recall who but I know it''s a spinnoff of mrs salvo''s ring..

anyway... see how it looks like there are two bands around it and they''re right around the girdle? I like that... but I want to play with it a little... and how I have no idea! I know this ring is a full bezel and I really only want it to be 1mm thick at the most, just enough to cover the girdle. If I keep the stone I am buying it has a med/slthick girdle so I don''t know why I''m being paranoid @@ but I know I''m going to be hard on the ring... I''m clumsy and don''t plan to take it off LOL

cehbez.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2006 5:19:17 PM
Author: Mara
3hearts ring sounds like what you are talking about. metal bezel or halo but the pavilion is exposed.

there are a few on here, hers is the first one that comes to mind, tawn also has a halo ring with no pave but not sure if her pavilion is exposed. those are the only two i can think of off the top of my head really.

no i don''t think it''s a SUPER common thing but bezels (since that is what it is, just a modified so the pavilion is exposed) is not a new thing. i remember sitting next to a gal on a plane a few years ago who had a bezel set stone, it made her stone look HUGE, total perk.

but don''t you want something like a cushion? if so, something like what was just posted with milgrain would be great, but i wouldn''t put anything too metally or wide like 3hearts or tawns halo which to me are totally contemporary, around something romantic like a cushion.
Yes I *love* her ring! And if I was getting a round I''d probably duplicate it LOL But for this I want it more squared vs tubes of metal and have a lot more antique detail... the basic frame is very similar though but I think I want a splitshank. so yeah you''ve nailed it for me... I just have no clue what sort of antique detail I could add to a little thin bezel like that without making it too big and other than millgrain. I guess engraving is an option but can they do engraving... like millgrain/engraving/millgrain and have *all* of that be under 1.5mm? LOL!!

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous rings on this thread!

C, you''ve already seen my European Cut in its 20s setting, but I thought I''d throw a pic in for others. I consider it a metal halo, though I will stand corrected if need be!

medium.jpg

Apologies for the blurry shot, but as you can see the setting maximizes a .40 stone!

medium.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2006 7:14:00 PM
Author: Vix

Gorgeous rings on this thread!

C, you''ve already seen my European Cut in its 20s setting, but I thought I''d throw a pic in for others. I consider it a metal halo, though I will stand corrected if need be!

medium.jpg

Apologies for the blurry shot, but as you can see the setting maximizes a .40 stone!

medium.jpg
metal halo! there ya go!! and it looks like you have *three* of them! that''s so cool! and I love how they ''change'' the shape of the stone, at least as the eye follows LOL Thank you!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think this is quite what you are looking for, but here is a pic of my garnet rhr bezel set with a fairly open pavillion.

garnetaaaa.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
another

garnetbbbb.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one

garnetcccc.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love these designs! Piccolas....love that ring!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 4:07:16 AM
Author: kcoursolle
I don''t think this is quite what you are looking for, but here is a pic of my garnet rhr bezel set with a fairly open pavillion.
I could be picky and say it isn''t exactly what I want but yanno, it''s pretty darn close!! I love that baskety cagey sort of look where the stone is naked but protected from every angle LOL

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have one - this may or may not be what you''re talking about regarding the exposed pavilion . . . :wavey:

IMG_0829ps.jpg

IMG_0776ps.sized.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 12:04:43 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I have one - this may or may not be what you''re talking about regarding the exposed pavilion . . . :wavey:

IMG_0829ps.jpg

IMG_0776ps.sized.jpg
actually that''s really nice!! for the whole style of the ring I even like that extra bar around the pavillion! I like how thin that top one is from the side... hmmm...... :)

Vix

Shiny_Rock
I will take one of each of these rings, THX

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results