shape
carat
color
clarity

Non Graded stones from local Jewler

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

word91

Rough_Rock

Good evening everyone.

I have visited my local jeweler and he wants to sell me a diamond that is not graded.

I have been looking on line at .90 round diamonds I color and SI 1 clarity with GIA certs. Then I walked into my local Jeweler to see what they had to offer. The local Jeweler wants to sell me an ungraded diamond and asked why I was asking for a certified diamond. My question is why would the local jeweler want to sell me an uncertified Diamond? Wouldn''t the stone command a higher price if it was certified? The stone that I am referring to is F SI 1 .90 carat no cert for 2800.00. What do you think?

Thank you
19.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I only offer certified diamonds above .90ct as a matter of policy.
Many smaller stones in our stock happen to have certs, but I buy and sell diamonds, not reports.

If the jeweller has a reputation worthy of high good will there is no reason to be suspicious.
If you do not trust them - then that is another matter.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see a red flag!! I would only be comfortable buying a certified diamond because then I would know what I was dealing with. I don''t know why he''s even asking you why you need a cert. Makes me think there is something he''s hiding about the stone?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of diamonds never get certs... I am not surprised if this one doesn't have one. It seems that online certs are more likely at any weight than they are on the ground. How many stores would cary quarter carats with GIA and AGS reports ? There are a few online though
31.gif

You can ask for a lab report, I would think. It may take some time and it's not free, but feasible. Then, an appraiser could help as well.

Hope things will work out
1.gif

34.gif
Guess' you must have tries Pricescope's databas already. Just in case... EGL graded stones seem cheaper and GIA or AGS a bit more (starting 3k, ending 5k or so). Ideal cuts are not necesarily the most expensive on the list... Meaning, it seems you can definitely get a certified diamond for the money if you so wish.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results